Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10450828 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8378) (8379) (8380) (8381) (8382) (8383) (8384) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2020
larride:

You are the one that’s having comprehension issue.

I asked you a simple question that you are yet to find an answer too. Who should have being the Judge in this case?

No need for megedege. Answer the question.

An independent and impartial body.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2020
Leyqute:

Did you understand my post?

I did and replied only the aspects that were relevant to the discourse.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

The body who sets the rules is the one who adjudicates on it. Who do you expect to investigate and apply UEFA rules if not UEFA?

If you are unsatisfied with their verdict, you can take it to arbitration.

If you break Chevron HR rules as an employee, would you expect Total or Shell to be the ones to come and do your disciplinary? If you have a problem with Chevron's decision, you take your appeal to the courts, simple.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ibime:

You can argue till you are blue in the face. Anyone who knows accounts will know they would fall foul if forced to restate accounts. They are barely compliant now so any reduction in revenue (just for current accounting period only) will take them below FFP threshold.

And if you want to get technical, if they were found to overstate revenue in the past, IAS8 rules would require them to correct prior period misstatements in 2020 to cover incorrect revenue recognition from 2012 to 2019 which would hit their Other Comprehensive Income line in their P&L for hundreds of millions of pounds and knock them out of FFP compliance once and for all.

On another point, City are in a serious bind. It is in their interest to accept EPL points deduction this year since they cannot win the league and may be banned from UCL next year. However that will constitute admission of guilt in the eyes of CAS and hamper their case there.

On the other hand, they could challenge Premier League sanction this year and risk taking the hit next year which will knock them out of league contention for 20/21 season while also getting hammered by UEFA.

ELruditor, would you advise that they take their L this year or next?

Conjecture.

I have been telling you that City had been suspected like PSG etc and already settled their issue with UEFA in 2014 by paying a fine then and proving that their books have been good after that. The issue then was that City spent more than they could account for (not that the Sheikh intentionally gave them more money than he was allowed to). When those leaks came out in 2015, it appeared that City may have deceived UEFA in 2014 so they asked City for more information and City did not cooperate. So UEFA set out to teach them a lesson.

I don't know why you keep talking about restating an account. FFP was trying to limit the amount rich owners could invest in their clubs. A rich owner made one of his companies sponsor his team. No fraud. The suspected breach is that he lied about how much his company actually sponsored his team with. He understated it. He did so in that window so he could help his team buy and pay certain players that the team would not have been able to buy and pay with their revenue at the time.

Sheikh did not continue doing so. City had fixed their books since.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ibime:

The body who sets the rules is the one who adjudicates on it. Who do you expect to investigate and apply UEFA rules if not UEFA?

If you are unsatisfied with their verdict, you can take it to arbitration.

If you break Chevron HR rules as an employee, would you expect Total or Shell to be the ones to come and do your disciplinary? If you have a problem with Chevron's decision, you take your appeal to the courts, simple.

When Chevron fires their staff for joining unions which they forbid. The aggrieved member of staff always go outside of Chevron - the court of arbitration for labour in Nigeria (industrial court). Because they know they will never get a fair hearing with chevron. Many times the industrial court (acts like the supreme court) by overriding any decisions that Chevron may have made. You even see judgements where Chevron is asked to pay said staff huge emoluments to go with a reinstatement to their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

When Chevron fires their staff for joining unions which they forbid. The aggrieved member of staff always go outside of Chevron - the court of arbitration for labour in Nigeria (industrial court). Because they know they will never get a fair hearing with chevron. Many times the industrial court (acts like the supreme court) by overriding any decisions that Chevron may have made. You even see judgements where Chevron is asked to pay said staff huge emoluments to go with a reinstatement to their jobs.

That's what CAS is for. However, that does not preclude UEFA from investigating and making judgements on its own rules, which is why I can't understand City statement that UEFA investigated and adjudicated on the matter. That is their right to do so. All City talk and your talk is just rabble rousing.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

Like?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

I did and replied only the aspects that were relevant to the discourse.

Doesn’t seem like you did.

No 1, the other clubs you accused of the same crime have a bigger brand name than City. Much bigger. So if they can argue that this is netting them enough money to buy players. That’s the point.

They can be guilty as hell though.

Your response was off. You only reiterated what you said earlier: that they’re cooking books, without any evidence I might add.

Secondly , I said if those you mentioned were actually inflating their revenue, they should also get punished. NOT EVERYBODY IS INFLATING FIGURES. Are Wolves doping? Leicester? Dortmund? Atletico Madrid?

If those ones (including City) are allowed to breach the law, like you are championing, there’s no reason for the law to exist, and anybody can do as they wish.

City can then join the AbuDhabi Champions League where they’ll be crowned champions every year.

Do you get my point now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ibime:

That's what CAS is for. However, that does not preclude UEFA from investigating and making judgements on its own rules, which is why I can't understand City statement that UEFA investigated and adjudicated on the matter. That is their right to do so. All City talk and your talk is just rabble rousing.

That is why I said City already expected this and had hired lawyers against going to the court of arbitration. They knew UEFA will rule this way. So no need for the doomsday prophecies about players leaving and Pep jumping ship.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

You can't win a competition you never participated in.
who stopped them from winning in the one they participated in?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

I have been telling you that City had been suspected like PSG etc and already settled their issue with UEFA in 2014 by paying a fine then and proving that their books have been good after that. The issue then was that City spent more than they could account for (not that the Sheikh intentionally gave them more money than he was allowed to). When those leaks came out in 2015, it appeared that City may have deceived UEFA in 2014 so they asked City for more information and City did not cooperate. So UEFA set out to teach them a lesson.

I don't know why you keep talking about restating an account. FFP was trying to limit the amount rich owners could invest in their clubs. A rich owner made one of his companies sponsor his team. No fraud. The suspected breach is that he lied about how much his company actually sponsored his team with. He understated it. He did so in that window so he could help his team buy and pay certain players that the team would not have been able to buy and pay with their revenue at the time.

Sheikh did not continue doing so. City had fixed their books since.

The issue in breach is UEFA rules. You are right. In the commercial world, if a contract is signed for certain amount and cash is paid for that amount from the contracting party, the revenue is valid under any accounting rules.

The problem here is UEFA pulled up emails that show that Etihad only paid a fraction of those amounts while Sheikh passed the remaining balance from his personal funds through Etihad to City.

UEFA can pull issue with that and ask them to restate their accounts for FFP purposes to see if they passed the threshold. Na the Koko be that.

One thing is sure is that this could be a criminal matter (which it can be if British Govt cares enough), but all authorities know that Etihad/Abu Dhabi would not cooperate and British Govt would not risk tense relationship with a UAE Royal investing in their country, beside there is no negative tax implication to Her Majesty's Revenue from the transaction. There is however precedent for this in BAE Systems payments in the Middle East. All the payments were contractual and seem above board on paper, however British Govt intercepted some communications to find out the true intent of these payments, and fined them heavily for it.

City will be hiding under paper contracts while UEFA has rumbled the true cash movements that took place.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Leyqute:

Doesn’t seem like you did.

No 1, the other clubs you accused of the same crime have a bigger brand name than City. Much bigger. So if they can argue that this is netting them enough money to buy players. That’s the point.

They can be guilty as hell though.

Your response was off. You only reiterated what you said earlier: that they’re cooking books, without any evidence I might add.

The size of the club is irrelevant. If you don't get it, you can join blueangel419.

Secondly , I said if those you mentioned were actually inflating their revenue, they should also get punished. NOT EVERYBODY IS INFLATING FIGURES. Are Wolves doping? Leicester? Dortmund? Atletico Madrid?

If those ones (including City) are allowed to breach the law, like you are championing, there’s no reason for the law to exist, and anybody can do as they wish.

City can then join the AbuDhabi Champions League where they’ll be crowned champions every year.

Do you get my point now?

Nobody is arrogating for City's right to breach any law. But fair play means what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
Greatihex:
who stopped them from winning in the one they participated in?

The same thing that prevented every other club from winning the ones City won.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

The size of the club is irrelevant. If you don't get it, you can join blueangel419.

You’re being disingenuous here. The bigger your brand, the easier it is to attract lucrative contracts. Everybody knows that.

United haven’t played UCL games for years but their sponsorship deal is worth more than City’s who play UCL every year and have won the league twice in the last 3 years.

Nobody is arrogating for City's right to breach any law. But fair play means what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Your thinking is still wrong. It shouldn’t have been “sauce for the goose” in the first place.

If everybody is doping like City allegedly is, if everybody is buying players yaffunyaffun like Pep, you think City can win any trophy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

The same thing that prevented every other club from winning the ones City won.
which European trophy did City win?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Eruditor:

Sheikh did not continue doing so. City had fixed their books since

City did not fix their books. Their books remain the same. You cannot declare a certain amount in a contract and change it in your books later on the basis of deception. That would invite criminal authorities in UK and also deflate their revenue to where they fail FFP.

The only party that could fix their books to clean the matter is Etihad Airways. Their books may have been saying they pay City £100m whereas City books say it's £400m. Meanwhile Sheikh funds the £300m balance. The problem is that Etihad is not under UEFA or any countries' jurisdiction except Sheikh himself. They may still be carrying £100m in their books as the figure till today sef, and are not compelled to reveal it to anyone, not even in the UAE which is a monarchy, and Sheikh is the law there.

UEFA is trying to navigate outside the ambit of the law here cos the only authorities that can can compel Etihad to prove their case transactionally are UAE authorities. All they have is emails which tell a different story to what City present in their accounts. Only Etihad has the real paper trail in their books, which is the amount they recognised as liability to City for those contracts. That is the golden gun.

You can only investigate a financial crime in the UK if the injured party agrees that it has been injured. Financial injury to a party is actually the threshold for fraud. According to City directors emails, Etihad would be the injured party in this case because the email trail says they agreed a lower amount while City's books say it's a higher amount.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ibime:

Very ludicrous to say the least.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ibime:
After the tikitaka, play the blues/ (the blues, the blues)
We been dey laugh as Pep dey lose/ (dey lose, dey lose)
When he win, we no confuse/ (confuse, confuse)
Na Sheikh money him been dey use/ (dey use, dey use)

Wetin we talk don comfam/ (confam, comfam)
Without money, Pep na scam/ (na scam, na scam)
Sheikh overspend to please the man/ (the man, the man)
Now UEFA don give am ban/ (am ban, am ban)

cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by adisaaowala: 8:01am On Feb 16, 2020
diggz:

Your epistle would've made sense if City were actually competing in Europe with pap fraudiola.

But seeing you're part of the few people who's not horrible in thinking and mentality, can you explain why City are yet to get to the Semis since Pellegrini left?

You barkadots go dey carry misyarn all the time! Anyways you'll learn after ELRUDITOR turns disabled due to being ignorant, arrogant and f00lish.

Don't even know which is worse between you saying City is a big club in UCL or you thinking you've made sense with this post. cheesy

Bwahahaha
grin grin grin

I just dey see this ni sha

Lwkmd

Mad men full nairaland
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by adisaaowala: 11:43am On Feb 16, 2020
Nitlad..

I see you wink

Why you come abandon the thread nah sad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 11:59am On Feb 16, 2020
I can't wait for 21 march to come when Liverpool will be crown champion of England and uncle elruditor will gladly surrender his arm for chopping so all this rubbish typing will stop.

I just hope daddy radiometer will also wager his hand on guardiola's champions League cause; that will means absolute peace in sight on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
grin

One thing I love about Eruditor is; he's a Man of Honor. 5 more Games to win for Liverpool, then we all gonna witness what makes a Man to be respected and classified as Man of Honor.

I heard from a reliable Source that, Eruditor is hitting Gym to build more Muscles, just incase Dudes wanna share the Hand and to avoid cheating.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Eruditor

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
grin

BTW..... Eruditor only agrees to give a Hand, not shedding Blood in the process. Is there any way to make it happen?!

@Afrodoc2
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

BTW..... Eruditor only agrees to give a Hand, not shedding Blood in the process. Is there any way to make it happen?!

@Afrodoc2

Lol that is the Merchant of Venice defence.

Well I think it can be done.

You tourniquet the hand in 2 places then freeze it.

Then you cut the hand off between the 2 tourniquets while frozen.

Finally, you cauterize the stump while it is frozen then suture the cauterized stump.

That might just work but no guarantees.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lol that is the Merchant of Venice defence.

Well I think it can be done.

You tourniquet the hand in 2 places then freeze it.

Then you cut the hand off between the 2 tourniquets while frozen.

Finally, you cauterize the stump while it is frozen then suture the cauterized stump.

That might just work but no guarantees.

grin

Lobatan..... LMAO!

Eruditor ma Nigga...... Have you decided?! Let's help our dear Comrade to make the Decision, Like for Axe, share for Saw.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Lobatan..... LMAO!

Eruditor ma Nigga...... Have you decided?! Let's help our dear Comrade to make the Decision, Like for Axe, share for Shaw.

Luke Shaw? grin

You must be from Ibadan like lana1. grin

I pick Axe for Eruditor, using a saw will be too painful.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
airmark:

Luke Shaw? grin

grin

Don't mind me o jhaare.... I've edited it sharply!

This one nko?!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
airmark:

Luke Shaw? grin

A machete will do a perfect job especially one which is not sharp cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Don't mind me o jhaare.... I've edited it sharply!

This one nko?!

This is wickedness and i am not a party to it. Maybe we should use acid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
diggz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix7xD0u0DXs

Hope this boy comes good cool

Yea, what about Anjorin? That boy in few years time will be massive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8378) (8379) (8380) (8381) (8382) (8383) (8384) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, TradingGod and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.