Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10578987 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8576) (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) (8581) (8582) ... (19227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

Lol. My name is Sergey Brin of Google. My partner's name is Larry Page. In 1998, while everyone in the world was satisfied with AOL, Altavista and other search engines, I and my partner PhD project at Stanford was on building a better way to index web pages and search them.

I could have been lazy like others and look for something easier, or something uninventive. But no, we revolutionized search as the world knew it. We launched our company Google in a garage. From a mere search engine, we worked our ass off to add a mobile OS, maps, advert engine, browser and several other products.

In 2020, I hire a fresh 25 year old Jim who I pay $240k a year. Most people in the US do not earn $240k a year.

So why should godx of Nairaland be pissed that Jim isn't being compensated like me or my partner who created an avenue for Jim to earn more than most people on earth.

If I and Larry Page never took that risk of starting a company, Jim would have no company to work for. My company Google wouldn't be contributing so much to the GDP of America.
Did he say they should be paid equally?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

Do you know the meaning of policies at all? They are many ways of shrinking the possibility of billionaires and wealth distribution either by taxing them very HIGH or creating a policy that require them to give employees a certain amount of stocks so that the workers can benefit from their own hard work.

I'll simply move my company from America to other countries that won't tax me that high. Thank God, tech companies hire a lot of Asians today. We'll see who will lose more in me and America.

France tried something like that in the 1980s. They called it the Solidarity Tax on Wealth. It was an annual direct wealth tax on those with assets exceeding €1.3 million.

They have reversed it today. Why? It drove away a lot of wealthy people from France. About 843 people left France because of it. And you know what? It cost France an estimated loss of €2.8 billion.

They are are still regretting it till date. They lost taxes that could have been theirs. They lost employment that was meant for their citizens. Etc. Etc.

Learn from history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_tax_on_wealth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

Speak for yourself and your mindset. That analogy should tell you it's not possible to be a billionaire in a working system. The system is trash that's why they are billionaires.

Kindly mention a working system in the world where it is impossible to be a billionaire.

Even in the Scandinavian countries where the difference in standard of living between the rich and poor is the lowest in the world, billionaires still exist.

Scandinavian countries have free education, free healthcare and guaranteed pension payments. Yet, they still have billionaires.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ibime:

I minored in Econs and Majored in Maths at BSc level.

Makes a whole lot of sense now. I knew you did Maths as an Undergraduate but never knew it was in combination with Economcs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
I still don't get how you'll create a service or product that several millions use and you won't be a billionaire.

No matter the country or system, you'll be a billionaire.

Probably, Melvyn11 and his supporters should invent a time machine that will take us back to when there were less than 50 million people on earth.

Then, it will be impossible to have billionaires.

Today, there are 7 billion people on earth and counting. These people need products and services. More billionaires will be made.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

Do you know the meaning of policies at all? They are many ways of shrinking the possibility of billionaires and wealth distribution either by taxing them very HIGH or creating a policy that require them to give employees a certain amount of stocks so that the workers can benefit from their own hard work.

Now you are backtracking.Taxation has always been a means of wealth redistribution under the Capitalist system. That's why we have different tax brackets. The tax bracket for the wealthy in most developed countries is nearing 50%. Would you rather they pay 80%. This method is failing by the way due to globalisation. USA is one of the best at enforcing by ensuring their citizens pay tax on worldwide Revenue regardless of their country of residence, whereas European countries generally tax based on your country if residence which is why the likes of Lewis Hamilton moved to Switzerland rather than pay UK tax rates. Eduardo Saverin, one of the founders of Facebook gave up his American citizenship after Facebook IPO and moved to Singapore. He could no longer be an American if he refused to pay tax to America.

Your second point is bullcrap. No country can force you to give percentage of shares to employees, and certainly beyond foolish if the intended aim of such law is to stop you becoming a billionaire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ibime:
Bauchi Governor tests positive for Covid.

I hope in 2 months time, Griffon will not severely regret everything he typed here in the last couple of days.

Everything looks like a conspiracy when it's far away till it hits home.

Well, at no point did I mention that we're immune to the virus. I'm careful here, haven't seen my favorite hoe in almost a week now, scared that she might have shagged a carrier and be hanging the virus waiting for a modafucker like me.

There's more to Corvid-19 than meets the eye. Someone said it's a natural disaster, I said No it's not, that there's an agenda to this. I pointed out the West long standing depopulation and eugenic agenda as key driving factors. I also mentioned that we pay MORE attention to what the media aren't saying or airing.

The post below encapsulates my whole point.

Griffon:
Current stat about the coronavirus from corona.help. The elitist media have focused on the first two — “total people infected” (383,436) with some inflations as well and “total deaths” (16,594)—without as much as mentioning that a whopping 102,669 are noted as "total people recovered."

All these have been to drive global hysteria, boost viewership while masquerading the true socioeconomic and political intentions of what the Coronavirus must ultimately lead to.

This is why I insist that the coronavirus is a smokescreen. Now, am I in any way downplaying the significance of death or the bravery of all gallant medical practitioners around the world fighting this public health crisis? Not even!

I simply insist that we must understand and pay attention to what the media ain't telling us. That's the whole point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

Kindly mention a working system in the world where it is impossible to be a billionaire.

Even in the Scandinavian countries where the difference in standard of living between the rich and poor is the lowest in the world, billionaires still exist.

Scandinavian countries have free education, free healthcare and guaranteed pension payments. Yet, they still have billionaires.
Did you not see where I said billionaires only exist because of failed policy and system. Under capitalism, billionaires do not earn their money, they extract it from the value produced by the workers. The billionaires do nothing but own capital while those that actually produce value are alienated from the fruits of their labour and have that value taken from them. You are not entitled to wealth that someone else produced while the people who produced it live in poverty.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

Did you not see where I said billionaires only exist because of failed policy and system. Under capitalism, billionaires do not earn their money, they extract it from the value produced by the workers. The billionaires do nothing but own capital while those that actually produce value are alienated from the fruits of their labour and have that value taken from them. You are not entitled to wealth that someone else produced while the people who produced it live in poverty.

There is no Microsoft, Facebook or Google employee that lives in poverty. They are well to do with a bright future ahead of them.

All these is just envy and whataboutism.

It reminds me of Judas accusing Jesus of using perfume for his feet when poor people exist. Or those vanity upon vanity crew.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

I'll simply move my company from America to other countries that won't tax me that high. Thank God, tech companies hire a lot of Asians today. We'll see who will lose more in me and America.

France tried something like that in the 1980s. They called it the Solidarity Tax on Wealth. It was an annual direct wealth tax on those with assets exceeding €1.3 million.

They have reversed it today. Why? It drove away a lot of wealthy people from France. About 843 people left France because of it. And you know what? It cost France an estimated loss of €2.8 billion.

They are are still regretting it till date. They lost taxes that could have been theirs. They lost employment that was meant for their citizens. Etc. Etc.

Learn from history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_tax_on_wealth

Francoise Hollande tried to up tax to 80% for the wealthiest and Frances richest people started leaving. That didn't last long.

I am not against taxing the rich more, but you must strike a balance between your countries socio-cultural outlook to taxation and what other countries are taxing them at in order to keep them in your country. I think the prevalent 40-50% in most large developed economies is about right.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

There is no Microsoft, Facebook or Google employee that lives in poverty. They are well to do with a bright future ahead of them.

It reminds me of Judas accusing Jesus of using perfume for his feet when several poor people exist. Or those vanity upon vanity crew.
Then you don't know anything. Go and read about Amazon and how they pay workers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

This boy is so stupid.

How do you tax them very HIGH? Do you know that there are already niggas living on super yachts to avoid tax domicillary regulations?

Do you know that big corporations like Facebook and Amazon are already aggressively minimising their tax liability as much as possible?

What do you think would happen if UK government were to employ a more aggressive approach to taxing to big business?

You say they should share stock options to employees. Facebook reduced their tax liability by 8 million pounds doing just that.

That's 8 million pounds that could have been invested in infrastructure to impact the common man on the street, instead facebook gave the money to a few employees, whilst depriving millions of people of the impact of infrastructure of tax revenue.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ibime:

Your second point is bullcrap. No country can force you to give percentage of shares to employees, and certainly beyond foolish if the intended aim of such law is to stop you becoming a billionaire.

Man I got lost there. There's no way this Melvin dude isn't dragging a piece of his inherited land with one big man in his village.

The hate is real.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
Griffon:

Man I got lost there. There's no way this Melvin dude isn't dragging a piece of his inherited land with one big man in his village.

The hate is real.

He is a child. We were all communists in our youth.

Just like every student supports Bernie Sanders so he can distribute wealth to them, most grown ups want to keep what they worked for, and not have it redistributed to students.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
Which kind argument be this? If a person is innovative and designs a novel product/service that millions of people benefit from, is there any crime if they earn millions/billions of dollars for their ingenuity?

Should they give out a product/service, which they invested money in designing, for free?

What's really the argument all about?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
wman:

It reminds me of Judas accusing Jesus of using perfume for his feet when poor people exist. Or those vanity upon vanity crew.

Say it again please......
.....Fat account balance
..... Eye watery bonuses
.....Paid certifications and trainings

I am tempted to even drop the value self.... They fucking pay well

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

This boy is so stupid.

How do you tax them very HIGH? Do you know that there are already niggas living on super yachts to avoid tax domicillary regulations?

Do you know that big corporations like Facebook and Amazon are already aggressively minimising their tax liability as much as possible?

What do you think would happen if UK government were to employ a more aggressive approach to taxing to big business?

You say they should share stock options to employees. Facebook reduced their tax liability by 8 million pounds doing just that.

That's 8 million pounds that could have been invested in infrastructure to impact the common man on the street, instead facebook gave the money to a few employees, whilst depriving millions of people of the impact of infrastructure of tax revenue.
Guy I have completing ignored ever since. Get the memo and stop jumping into my mentions with your rotten attitude.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Expert17:

Say it again please......
.....Fat account balance
..... Eye watery bonuses
.....Paid certifications and trainings

I am tempted to even drop the value self.... They fucking pay well

You don't Know what you are talking about. What is the minimum wage of a Microsoft employee?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

Guy I have completing ignored ever since. Get the memo and stop jumping into my mentions with your rotten attitude.

Dude I don't want to point out the 'rotten attitude' jibe, but pray NihilistJnr doesn't see the emboldened.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
airmark:

I'm one of your fans when you are not discussing anything related to football. I pray one day you become this sensible while analysing football/footballers.
succint grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
Griffon:

Dude I don't want to point out the 'rotten attitude' jibe, but pray NihilistJnr doesn't see the emboldened.
I should give a damn because?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

How do you differentiate between founders and investors. You seem to have a problem with founders.

What if I'm not the founder, and I just bought large shares in the business this year. Will you take some of my shares and give to employees by next year? If so, why should anyone invest in a business?

This is ill-conceived poppycock

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

This guy is so dummmmmmmbbbb

Chaiii

In these days of increasing automation, you're still trying to make an argument that manual labour = value grin

Meanwhile in the Western World, America is building a wall, Britain is voting Brexit, and nationalists are rising up everywhere because people realise the Mexicans, Indians, and Easten Europeans are willing to do your job for a third of your wages

You better wake up from your slumber

Microsoft is selling iaas, paas, and saas. When I first got in the IT game 11 years ago, companies were hiring guys to maintain their servers, install software, and manage their network.

Tommorow a company can go to Microsoft and Amazon and set up a full cloud based infrastructure including multiple application and file servers, network resources, domain controllers within a day, once it's setup may never need to change again.

The same company no longer needs to buy physical server, pay for space in a datacsntre, or run daily tape backups.

They no longer need a guy to manage their mail server. They don't need a guy to manage their PBX telephony.

Even the guy that used to install word on your computer in the it room is no longer needed, because office installation is now self-service as long as you have local admin rights on your system.

To put it very simply, if you think businesses need your time in manual labour to provide value, you must be jonzing. They're accelerating away from reliance on human beings with so much speed, it's unreal.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
Griffon:

The hate is real.

The guy go learn say Chelsea thread is not a place to bring half-baked ideas.

Since Coronavirus put a stop to our trolling and partês, we must take this time to drill sense in his head

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

I should give a damn because?

Bia are you even a Chelsea fan? Why you just come here dey wreck havoc since afternoon, wey your licence to argue for we domot?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

I'm doing a public service by addressing your stupidity, one post at a time.

Call it a redistribution of mental wealth, cos my guy, you're poor as fück.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
Griffon:

Bia are you even a Chelsea fan? Why you just come here dey wreck havoc since afternoon, wey your licence to argue for we domot?
K
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PHijo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ibime:

The guy go learn say Chelsea thread is not a place to bring half-baked ideas.

Since Coronavirus put a stop to our trolling and partês, we must take this time to drill sense in his head

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Melvyn11:

You don't Know what you are talking about. What is the minimum wage of a Microsoft employee?

cheesy cheesy

I work as a Cloud solution architect for Microsoft here in Edinburgh, ... So I know what am saying..

Even Nathan's Tek expert in Lagos, Nigeria that offers support to Microsoft users pays well...Entry level still get 119k per month, plus paid certifications, 70% transport fee given, 13th month salary, many more

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ibime:

How do you differentiate between founders and investors. You seem to have a problem with founders.

What if I'm not the founder, and I just bought large shares in the business this year. Will you take some of my shares and give to employees by next year? If so, why should anyone invest in a business?

This is ill-conceived poppycock
Now you are sounding ignorant.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
Expert17:

cheesy cheesy

I work as a Cloud solution architect for Microsoft here in Edinburgh, ... So I know what am saying..

Even Nathan's Tek expert in Lagos, Nigeria that offers support to Microsoft users pays well...Entry level still get 119k per month, plus paid certifications, 70% transport fee given, 13th month salary, many more
What is the minimum wage of a Microsoft and Amazon worker ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

You don't have to give him ninety-nine billion every year.

It is not tax

You don't have to use Windows, Linux is free.

So if there's a free alternative, why should Bill gates be penalised for selling a product to people that don't want free stuff?

Are you normal at all? grin

Why are you even typing this nonsense from your phone?
Why are you not doing it the ancestor way by posting using calabash and water?

grin grin

I'm happy he belongs to aparisports.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8576) (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) (8581) (8582) ... (19227) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.