Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10545608 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8617) (8618) (8619) (8620) (8621) (8622) (8623) ... (19175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 10:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Federal government dey beg for giveaway tooi cheesy cheesy cheesy grin shocked

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Bville02, did you post it here because it was sensible to you, or because it was senseless? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

The purpose of lockdown is to slow down the spread until a cure is found.

Without the lockdown 5million people will be infected and how will the hospital cope?
If there is anything close to the deaths we are seeing in Italy, Naija won't find it funny

This is a new disease that even the best health systems in the world are scrambling and looking like idiots

The same Nigerians who said the Corona thing was a scam a few weeks ago are now saying why didn't the FG lockdown earlier now saying they cant stay at home

I read the first page of the thread homepage about the protests and I see that many people just want a reason to wail cos of political leanings

Bros no need. Lets just be looking, cases are already rising fast as testing capacity is being ramped up. Until people starts dropping down sick/dead outside and nowhere to treat them before they know the danger of what’s happening.

Shebi FG wants to start opening market by 10am - 2pm now, we will see what happens.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2020
timbros:

How old are you?

I said prove to us that the bolded below is true and I will name 10 strikers with worst numbers for you. If I don't give you 10 names, I will deactivate this account and open a new one named Eph12IsMyLord.

Just give us proof of the bolded below...

So you don't even have any name to mention? You can see how terrible this is. Daniel James has not even played in the champions league ever and he's just 4 goals shy of Hazard that has been playing in the champions league for 10 years without the awoof penalties. This is embarrassing

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

There is a strong case against herd immunity, and that is why your government and other proponents have drawn back on it recently.

The best kind of herd immunity is the one derived from vaccines, but we don't appear to be close to that yet.This means that the only other option for developing herd immunity is infections.

Herd immunity derived from actual infections is a tricky thing. You need a certain threshold percentage of a population to be immune before you can get herd immunity, and this threshold percentage varies from disease to disease based on how infectious it is.

For example for a highly contagious disease like Measles you need over 90% of the population to be immune before you can have herd immunity. It is estimated that with the level of infectiousness of COVID-19 you need to have about 60% of the population immune i.e infected to develop herd immunity.

So if we take Nigeria as an example, 60% of the population is about 100million, meaning at least 100million Nigerians need to be infected to develop herd immunity. If we are assuming a mortality rate of 1-2%, that means potentially 1-2 million Nigerians will die of COVID-19 if it is deliberately left to spread in order to achieve herd immunity.

Good doctor, my theory is that our mortality rate will be a lot lower. I think Europe is running at circa 0.5% for starters given the lack of testing.

Also

1. We have a much younger population

2. A good percentage of our population with co-morbidities have died already. There is almost no Nigerian with Cancer or Cardiac problems for example that hasn't already died except the super rich. You will just hear "he died after a brief illness"

3. Vast majority of Nigerian men are in good cardiovascular fitness which seems to be a determining factor. And by Nigerian men, I don't mean those on Nairaland, but those who hit the street everyday and are naturally fit as a result of daily survival.

So I think our mortality rate will be much lower, maybe 0.2%.

And if you consider most of our population will activate chloroquine early unlike Europe who don't have access to the drug at home, maybe less.

Social distancing will inevitably fail in Nigeria given our living conditions, lack of education especially in the North, and need for daily survival. We should just ride it out. More would die from lockdown.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

The purpose of lockdown is to slow down the spread until a cure is found.

Without the lockdown 5million people will be infected and how will the hospital cope?
If there is anything close to the deaths we are seeing in Italy, Naija won't find it funny

This is a new disease that even the best health systems in the world are scrambling and looking like idiots

The same Nigerians who said the Corona thing was a scam a few weeks ago are now saying why didn't the FG lockdown earlier now saying they cant stay at home

I read the first page of the thread homepage about the protests and I see that many people just want a reason to wail cos of political leanings
Personally, I'm not against lockdown. I don't think any reasonable person can be.

But the bone of contention is, has the federal government been sincere about providing palliatives to help Nigerian citizens in need, who must stay at home and can't go out to work and earn their daily bread?

As I speak now, no power supply in my area in Ibadan.

Federal government workers haven't been paid their March salaries yet.

Last month, most federal workers, especially those in tertiary institutions, got their (reduced) February salaries around March 16–17.

The so-called government initiative, where Nigeria's poor are given a certain amount, looks "audio". The indigent people I know here in my area in Ibadan, or even around my hometown in Ogun, say they didn't hear anything about the scheme registration.

How long will Nigerians survive staying at home under harsh conditions?

Lockdown alone can't do much in combating COV. It should be combined with mass testing and isolating and treating confirmed cases.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Nigeria has a population of 200m+.

Number of those with BVN is 40m+

Our National budget for 2020 is 10.5 trillion.

Oil benchmark was $50 at an output of 2.1m p/b

Oil is our major source of revenue and even at that, we plan to borrow over 3trillion to finance the budget.

Now oil is selling for as low as $20 p/b while production is at 1.7m barrel.

Everyone is saying govt should isn’t giving any palliative measures to the citizens and when you ask how should they go about it and where will the money come from, no answer.

If Govt decides to give out 10k each to those that has BVN, Govt will have to part away with 400billion. What then happens to the remaining 160m+ people without BVN?

It seems most people don’t know Nigeria is BROKE.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

Personally, I'm not against lockdown. I don't think any reasonable person can be.

But the bone of contention is, has the federal government been sincere about providing palliatives to help Nigerian citizens in need, who must stay at home and can't go out to work and earn their daily bread?

Last month, most federal workers, especially those in tertiary institutions, got their (reduced) February salaries around March 16–17.

The so-called government initiative, where Nigeria's poor are given a certain amount, looks "audio". The indigent people I know here in my area in Ibadan, or even around my hometown in Ogun, say they didn't hear anything about the scheme registration.

Lockdown alone can't do much in combating COV. It should be combined with mass testing and isolating and treating confirmed cases.

Which FG workers hasn’t been paid? Even Corp members that they usually paid last have being paid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

They won't look at it that way. To them it's just stay to avoid spread.

Have hunger beaten you before?
No light. Our transformer in the area has gone off and you want lock down.

Lockdown is not bad but do the right thing. Don't come to act like you are doing something.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2020
Nigeria broke but when it comes to politician welfare and exotic cars the money dey always dey.
We must be a joke to you.

16 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2020
larride:
Nigeria has a population of 200m+.

Number of those with BVN is 40m+

Our National budget for 2020 is 10.5 trillion.

Oil benchmark was $50 at an output of 2.1m p/b

Oil is our major source of revenue and even at that, we plan to borrow over 3trillion to finance the budget.

Now oil is selling for as low as $20 p/b while production is at 1.7m barrel.

Everyone is saying govt should isn’t giving any palliative measures to the citizens and when you ask how should they go about it and where will the money come from, no answer.

If Govt decides to give out 10k each to those that has BVN, Govt will have to part away with 400billion. What then happens to the remaining 160m+ people without BVN?

It seems most people don’t know Nigeria is BROKE.
Can any country with irresponsible leaders and politicians like those we've in Nigeria cope without going broke?

They've looted all the monies meant for the present and future generations of Nigerians. How will Nigeria not be broke?

When it comes to the masses enjoying real dividends of democracy, Nigeria suddenly becomes broke. But when the polithiefcans want to do what they know how to do best, there are always monies available to steal and buy properties in various parts of the world.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

Can any country with irresponsible leaders and politicians like those we've in Nigeria cope without going broke?

They've looted all the monies meant for the present and future generations of Nigeria. How will Nigeria not be broke?

When it comes to the masses enjoying real dividends of democracy, Nigeria suddenly becomes broke. But when the polithiefcans want to do what they know how to do best, there are always monies available to steal and buy properties in various parts of the world.

Give alternatives bro. Let me learn from you.

How should the FG go about it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

Which FG workers hasn’t been paid? Even Corp members that they usually paid last have being paid.
Maybe that applies to only non-academic workers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2020
Just come out and say we have failed. We failed the country because of greed. We don't know what to do. Please stay at home.
Now them dey beg for ventilator for twitter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Victornezzar:
Federal government dey beg for giveaway tooi cheesy cheesy cheesy grin shocked

And this is funny how? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

Maybe that applies to only non-academic workers.

Wait you didn’t hear when FG said in Feb that they won’t pay ASUU members that failed to enroll in IPPIS? Why do you think ASUU are on strike?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2020
Ibime:

Good doctor, my theory is that our mortality rate will be a lot lower. I think Europe is running at circa 0.5% for starters given the lack of testing.

Also

1. We have a much younger population

2. A good percentage of our population with co-morbidities have died already. There is almost no Nigerian with Cancer or Cardiac problems for example that hasn't already died except the super rich. You will just hear "he died after a brief illness"

3. Vast majority of Nigerian men are in good cardiovascular fitness which seems to be a determining factor. And by Nigerian men, I don't mean those on Nairaland, but those who hit the street everyday and are naturally fit as a result of daily survival.

So I think our mortality rate will be much lower, maybe 0.2%.

And if you consider most of our population will activate chloroquine early unlike Europe who don't have access to the drug at home, maybe less.

Social distancing will inevitably fail in Nigeria given our living conditions, lack of education especially in the North, and need for daily survival. We should just ride it out. More would die from lockdown.

I had this debate with my mum recently and funnily enough I was more on the side of loosening the lockdown while she wanted a tight lockdown.

There is no perfect answer. We are between a rock and a hard place, between the devil and the deep blue sea.

The lack of an established social benefits system and the relatively high rate of poverty in Nigeria means the government is torn between allowing disease to kill its citizens and leaving the people to starve to death.

I don’t know what the answer is, but all the options seem painful.
You do have a point about a younger and less obese society in Nigeria, with lower rates of smoking, chronic respiratory conditions, cancer, and likely diabetes mellitus, ischemic heart disease.
However 0.2% (if we are that lucky) is still about 200,000-250, 000 people.

Nigeria’s Egungun has to be extraordinarily careful.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

There is a shortage of testing worldwide, I live in the US and I dont know anyone personally that has been tested cos the test kits can't go round.

I lived around the time of MKO riots and I can tell you most of southwest was on lockdown for like a month because military were all over but this Corona people think its not so serious

Where i live I haven't received any food, the cheque promised will never reach me and it hasn't even been disbursed yet.

I am talking about the biggest "saner clime" country we all love to refer to.

Let me ask, if just 5% of Nigerian population catch this virus, how do you think we will cope? Shey na the same Luth go contain everyone

In saner climes, doctors are already choosing those who can die, In some places in new York, hospitals are deciding who gets treatment by ballot
Hopefully we don't get to that

Nigeria and many countries are simply hoping to keep infections down while the world finds a cure

2 weeks ago I went to the store and bought as much food, even the ones i don't normally eat, bad food is better than no food

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2020
odizeey:
Just come out and say we have failed. We failed the country because of greed. We don't know what to do. Please stay at home.
Now them dey beg for ventilator for twitter.

I no send Naija politicians o, but this one is not about Naija politicians.
Go on CNN and watch governors and mayors in the U.S begging for ventilators and even masks like bambiala.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

I had this debate with my mum recently and funnily enough I was more on the side of loosening the lockdown while she wanted a tight lockdown.

There is no perfect answer. We are between a rock and a hard place, between the devil and the deep blue sea.

The lack of an established social benefits system and the relatively high rate of poverty in Nigeria means the government is torn between allowing disease to kill its citizens and leaving the people to starve to death.

I don’t know what the answer is, but all the options seem painful.
You do have a point about a younger and less obese society in Nigeria, with lower rates of smoking, chronic respiratory conditions, cancer, and likely diabetes mellitus, ischemic heart disease.
However 0.2% (if we are that lucky) is still about 200,000-250, 000 people.

Nigeria’s Egungun has to be extraordinarily careful.

The same Youth Ibime is hoping on are the crackhead that has tramadol and other hard drugs are like water to them.

The same ones that drinks anything and smoke like their life depends on it.

Ibime no know wetin Dey sup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

I no send Naija politicians o, but this one is not about Naija politicians.
Go on CNN and watch governors and mayors in the U.S begging for ventilators and even masks like bambiala.
On twitter?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

Wait you didn’t hear when FG said in Feb that they won’t pay ASUU members that failed to enroll in IPPIS? Why do you think ASUU are on strike?
What about lecturers in colleges of education, who are yet to be paid? Are they part of ASUU as well?

I recall last month when the lecturers that have joined IPPIS in polytechnics and colleges of education and few ones in universities got paid for February around March 16–17, there were deductions in their salaries, and their pay was much lower than normal.

That development significantly discouraged others from joining the scheme, and those that are already part of it don't want to continue any longer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2020
odizeey:

On twitter?

On national TV
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2020
odizeey:

On twitter?

You were saying? undecided

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

You were saying? undecided
Ok
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2020
odizeey:

On twitter?

Everywhere. Almost in tears.

They are begging for gloves, masks, ventilators in New York.

They are converting car parks to hospitals, and storing dead bodies inside freezers.

This is not the time for pride. Everybody is struggling. If begging on Twitter, Instagram, or xvideos will get us the ventilators et al so be it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:08am On Apr 02, 2020
gensteejay:

What about lecturers in colleges of education, who are yet to be paid? Are they part of ASUU as well?

I recall last month when the lecturers that have joined IPPIS in polytechnics and colleges of education and few ones in universities got paid for February around March 16–17, there were deductions in their salaries, and their pay was much lower than normal.

That development significantly discouraged others from joining the scheme, and those that are already part of it don't want to continue any longer.

ASUU is the cause of all the issue surrounding salaries in the FG education sector.

FG through IPPIS is deducting all taxes, levies and the likes from the salary before paying. I think that’s why they are not getting their full salary.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

And this is funny how? undecided
Where are the Billions of naira being donated going to

Where are the budgets for Health going to

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

There is a shortage of testing worldwide, I live in the US and I dont know anyone personally that has been tested cos the test kits can't go round.

I lived around the time of MKO riots and I can tell you most of southwest was on lockdown for like a month because military were all over but this Corona people think its not so serious

Where i live I haven't received any food, the cheque promised will never reach me and it hasn't even been disbursed yet.

I am talking about the biggest "saner clime" country we all love to refer to.

Let me ask, if just 5% of Nigerian population catch this virus, how do you think we will cope? Shey na the same Luth go contain everyone

In saner climes, doctors are already choosing those who can die, In some places in new York, hospitals are deciding who gets treatment by ballot
Hopefully we don't get to that

Nigeria and many countries are simply hoping to keep infections down while the world finds a cure

2 weeks ago I went to the store and bought as much food, even the ones i don't normally eat, bad food is better than no food
According to Worldometers, there were over 26,000 confirmed COV cases yesterday in the US. Could they have discovered this large number of cases by testing less than 150 people daily as it's done here in Nigeria?

I don't know how Nigeria, with our irresponsible leaders, will survive if there's a surge in COV cases and deaths, when even developed countries with better leaders and infrastructure are finding it extremely hard combating the menace.

Hope Nigeria will not pay direly for the long years of bad leadership and decadence in the health sector.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

They are converting car parks to hospitals, and storing dead bodies inside freezers.

This is not the time for pride. Everybody is struggling. If begging on Twitter, Instagram, or xvideos will get us the ventilators et al so be it.
True sha. No be lie. But the state of this country will not allow this lockdown work.
Wo, for me, if my food finish I go like find out wetyn goat dey enjoy for grass.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:13am On Apr 02, 2020
The same people begging for ventilators have approved 400 units of Toyota Camry 2020 models to be shared among them

And we are here justifying our begging

Do you know how many ventilators 400 units of those cars will buy?

We really deserve the kind leaders wey we get grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

In America now police officers and doctors are getting infected and some dying

A friend posted on Facebook that 2 of his doctors colleagues working in the Emergency room have been intubated

Some doctors are scared of going home so they don't infect their families

Even gloves are scarce, hospitals are now short of PPEs

(1) (2) (3) ... (8617) (8618) (8619) (8620) (8621) (8622) (8623) ... (19175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theflint1(m), DynamoDeGreat, humblesteve(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.