Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10515342 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) ... (19153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

The Philippines is probably able to do this because they have a database of their citizen and how to identify them, Nigeria in 60yrs cannot say what our population is and we don't even have a national database to know or have unique identifier

What were we doing when the Philippines was building all these? Do you now expect we will have the results of Phillipines when we never put the preparations of the Philippines into it?
The government has databases of Nigerians, such as BVNs, national identification numbers, account numbers of market women used in the Tradermonie scheme. These can assist them if they're really serious.

While campaigning for posts, these politicians know ways to reach citizens in every nook and cranny of the country. They could adopt the same approach to ensure as many Nigerians as possible get relief packages.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

You were saying? undecided
The question really should be why would Elon Musk attend to us before other countries who are far more seriously affected by this virus than we are.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
The question really should be why would Elon Musk attend to us before other countries who are far more seriously affected by this virus than we are.

Or countries wey dey buy him market. How much has Tesla made from Nigeria? Didn't Nigerian senate ban electric car use
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

Everywhere. Almost in tears.

They are begging for gloves, masks, ventilators in New York.

They are converting car parks to hospitals, and storing dead bodies inside freezers.

This is not the time for pride. Everybody is struggling. If begging on Twitter, Instagram, or xvideos will get us the ventilators et al so be it.
I think the issue beyond pride for me is why does Nigeria have so few ventilators.

Can you imagine if Nigeria had 50,000 cases? Other countries have been overwhelmed because they are dealing with circumstances far more dire than ours. If Nigeria was a well run country we would even be in position to capitalize from this crisis.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:
The same people begging for ventilators have approved 400 units of Toyota Camry 2020 models to be shared among them

And we are here justifying our begging

Do you know how many ventilators 400 units of those cars will buy?

We really deserve the kind leaders wey we get grin
It's so annoying. If shyte gets serious how many ventilators will Elon Musk produce that will help our cause.

Do you think the world are not laughing at us with this display.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

Or countries wey dey buy him market. How much has Tesla made from Nigeria? Didn't Nigerian senate ban electric car use
These are people that wanted to spend $500m on phuckin NTA.

Don't we have Innoson? If we didn't allow our manufacturing industry go to shyte would Nigerians be insulting these guys for begging. I don't understand why we are comparing Nigeria's case to the US with over 200k people infected
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
It's so annoying. If shyte gets serious how many ventilators will Elon Musk produce that will help our cause.

Do you think the world are not laughing at us with this display.

We had enough time to prepare for this, unlike Italy and America that started this fight since January

And like raumdeuter said, why should Musk consider us?

Apart from the fact that we contribute nothing to Tesla's growth, what the probability that the ventilators would be used for the specific purpose?

In the end, na "Dem Dem" go still fix am for their house.

Upon all the billions and donations, it's like we have nothing

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:
The same people begging for ventilators have approved 400 units of Toyota Camry 2020 models to be shared among them

And we are here justifying our begging

Do you know how many ventilators 400 units of those cars will buy?

We really deserve the kind leaders wey we get grin
Do they produce ventilators in your village? Do you think It's lack of money or shortage of ventilators worldwide?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Godx:

Do they produce ventilators in your village? Do you think It's lack of money or shortage of ventilators worldwide?

I'm talking about Nigeria

Is it lack of money or shortage that is making us beg for ventilators?

GM and Ford are building ventilators for the USA. Innoson offered to build for Nigeria.

So why are we begging for free 500 ventilators then?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

We had enough time to prepare for this, unlike Italy and America that started this fight since January

And like raumdeuter said, why should Musk consider us?

Apart from the fact that we contribute nothing to Tesla's growth, what the probability that the ventilators would be used for the specific purpose?

In the end, na "Dem Dem" go still fix am for their house.

Upon all the billions and donations, it's like we have nothing
Leadership is extremely irresponsible in this country. The nagging question should be why do we have so few ventilators to begin with? but all over social media I'm seeing people making faulty comparisons as if our own efforts at fighting the virus is at their scale at all.

If we had a thriving industry we would be able to produce enough for the relatively low cases we have now.

Begging Elon Musk for ventilators is a weak move for a country that didn't prioritize it's healthcare as it should have

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
Leadership is extremely irresponsible in this country. The nagging question should be why do we have so few ventilators to begin with? but all over social media I'm seeing people making faulty comparisons as if our own efforts at fighting the virus is at their scale at all.

If we had a thriving industry we would be able to produce enough for the relatively low cases we have now.

Begging Elon Musk for ventilators is a weak move for a country that didn't prioritize it's healthcare as it should have

Let's just pray this calamity leaves us soonest

Na only God we dey look up to now

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

GM and Ford are building ventilators for the USA. Innoson offered to build for Nigeria.

You still haven't answered my question. Is it lack of money or shortage of ventilators worldwide that's making the federal government ask for more?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

The Philippines is probably able to do this because they have a database of their citizen and how to identify them, Nigeria in 60yrs cannot say what our population is and we don't even have a national database to know or have unique identifier

The rice we were eating till like last year was it not from Phillipines that we import them, How many of the food they eat in Philippines is imported

What were we doing when Phillipines was building all these? When they say prepare for rainy days, these are examples of rainy days.

Airlines the largest user of fuel has lost almost 70% of their traffic, Oil is what we live and die on in Nigeria for the past 40yrs. When everyone was preparing for rainy days, Nigeria was chopping theirs for the past 60yrs. Imagine no functional railway, poor roads, bad education, bad health sector bad everything

Do you now expect we will have the results of Phillipines when we never put the preparations of Philippines into it?

If you a Xtian you remember the story of Joseph and Pharaoh where they prepared for famine for 7yrs. We never prepared for 1 day without food
Nigeria is the weirdest country known to man. I have never seen a country collate so much data on its citizens but doesn't have any clue on how to centralize them quite like Nigeria

Only Nigeria;

International Passport
Voter's card
BVN
National ID card (Multiple failed schemes)
NIN
Driver's License
TIN
Sim Registration

When are our leaders ever going to find a way to harness this information for anything useful.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Eruditor:

Of course, it is a lie but when you press him he will tell you he is not talking about COVID-19.

I don't think it's a lie tho, especially on the Ikotun part Odizeey mentioned.

Just saw some video now, with them confirming the bagco sac of rice and bread was what Lagos State allocated to Ikotun LCDA to hand to some of the residents.

Omo that thing no go reach me for two weeks grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
Godx:

You still haven't answered my question. Is it lack of money or shortage of ventilators worldwide that's making the federal government ask for more?

Lack of money sir

If Innoson is offering to build it, why are looking for 500 for free?

Ukraine and Spain have so many confirmed cases, and are probably running out of areas to purchase. Then you want Musk to pack 500 and give you, wey just get 250 cases and 2 deaths?

Let them meet Innoson to build it. Two men fixed the ventilators in a hospital in Jos. With the right tools, equipments and resources, Innoson, Proforce and others can build ventilators for us

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

There are things we should have done before Corona for the past 60yrs which we didn't do. Now it has come to us and we have to find a solution. Buhari can say Jonathan spent 6yrs didnt build hospital, Jonathan blame OBJ, OBJ blame Abacha, Abacha blame IBB. All that but how does it help us right now

It's like a man who didn't train himself to be fit for 30yrs, One day a lion is chasing him and he is asking you for advice

Genteesjay Lion is chasing me what should I do right now

genteesjay : You should have been working out since age 10, you should have been watching your diet, you should have been this and that

All that does not help him right now and he needs a solution right now

How will FG increase testing capacity? Shey with the non-existent test kits that even advanced countries don't have? or what exactly

Economy is the least worry for now, The whole world will likely enter recession and nobody to borrow another country money cos the sky is falling on everyone

Na people wey survive go deal with economy

We better hope that either our weather, our acquired immunity over the years, The gods we worship or something come to our aid cos...

Ahswearugad mehn!!! cry cry cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Eruditor:

When govt shut down the borders they were blamed. This was long before the coronavirus.

You could not quarantine everyone. And in the event that they wanted to, passengers lied about their travel history.

When govt banned flights from red hot countries, Nigerians rerouted their flights to other lesser hit countries and then got into Nigeria. Then they lied about their travel history. For e.g that Kemi Olunloyo's story is not even true. The man in question died in Abuja not Owerri as she claimed. And he was ACTIVELY evading healthcare workers. They tried everything to get him until they eventually did after he fled Owerri.

Why was he evading them when they were trying to help? Your guess is as good as mine.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So we are comparing closing borders to rice to corona virus?? Was the govt adamant to closing earlier because of backlash they were going to receive or putting their own lives and lives of the citizens above everything else. So why did they now close the borders after cases were confirmed instead of closing it when they had ample time and opportunity to nip this nonsense in the bud??

Please what am I missing??

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
I think the issue beyond pride for me is why does Nigeria have so few ventilators.

Can you imagine if Nigeria had 50,000 cases? Other countries have been overwhelmed because they are dealing with circumstances far more dire than ours. If Nigeria was a well run country we would even be in position to capitalize from this crisis.

The ship on why Nigeria has so few ventilators has sailed.
Do you guys realize we don’t even have enough doctors in Nigeria?

Like Dayo stated, all these are long term problems that were created by 60yrs of mismanagement and can’t be solved in 2 weeks.

What we should be focusing on now is what can be done to improve the situation RIGHT NOW, rather than lamenting or complaining about lack of facilities and equipment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:
larride

who could this be

https://www.nairaland.com/5769774/coronavirus-high-ranking-member-buharis-cabinet

I’m not sure. It’s probably a lie.

We will know in the coming days.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

Innoson dey dull, They should go ahead and make it, No one will beg Naija govt to come buy, if dem no buy other African countries or even Italy or USA go buy, Build lets say 20k ventilators which meet world class standard and you will see NY governor use his cargo jet to Anambra immediately
Governor Cuomo is still on TV begging any company that can produce ventilator that he will pay over the top for it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

Like Dayo stated, all these are long term problems that were created by 60yrs of mismanagement and can’t be solved in 2 weeks.

What we should be focusing on now is what can be done to improve the situation RIGHT NOW, rather than lamenting or complaining about lack of facilities and equipment.

I thought Ngige said we had enough doctors, and the rest can leave Nigeria if they want to grin grin grin

I saw the map indicating the ratio of doctors to patients per region and I felt like hunting him down. If we get critical case, we are doomed.

A part of me wants him to contract corona with heavy viral load, no "abload" to run to.

I'm tired of this country.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
raumdeuter:

Innoson dey dull, They should go ahead and make it, No one will beg Naija govt to come buy, if dem no buy other African countries or even Italy or USA go buy, Build lets say 20k ventilators which meet world class standard and you will see NY governor use his cargo jet to Anambra immediately
Governor Cuomo is still on TV begging any company that can produce ventilator that he will pay over the top for it

I don't know why he's delaying

Or maybe he needs to buy the parts from China grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
Nigeria is the weirdest country known to man. I have never seen a country collate so much data on its citizens but doesn't have any clue on how to centralize them quite like Nigeria

Only Nigeria;

International Passport
Voter's card
BVN
National ID card (Multiple failed schemes)
NIN
Driver's License
TIN
Sim Registration

When are our leaders ever going to find a way to harness this information for anything useful.

Succesive govt deliberately suppresed all those because it will reveal a lot of truth we have been covering since 1960 but when we claim we dont have database its easier to do many magomago

When some states dey claim population of China and use to collect allocation, how dem go want make dem know real data?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
Even if they import the ventilators who will operate them?
How many healthcare workers based in Nigeria have expert experience in using them?

Practically every doctors’ strike over the years has been met with opposition by the general public and even here on NL.

Doctors complained about not being properly trained, equipped, or remunerated for years but the narrative that the people loved to believe was that of the lazy and greedy Nigerian doctor.

Now we have neither the equipment nor the staff to respond if this pandemic sweeps us like it has done in Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
Who needs a request to produce something scarce worldwide.Innoson are doing audio ventilators biko.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
elrony:

I thought Ngige said we had enough doctors, and the rest can leave Nigeria if they want to grin grin grin

I saw the map indicating the ratio of doctors to patients per region and I felt like hunting him down. If we get critical case, we are doomed.

A part of me wants him to contract corona with heavy viral load, no "abload" to run to.

I'm tired of this country.

Ngige is another slowpoke. Imagine a medical doctor being so clueless about the true state of affairs in the health sector?

If our leaders can be so moronic how dull do you think the common man on the street will be?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

But then, at least you can agree that the FG could have responded to this better

I'm not talking about the poor health system (that one don dey before Buhari come sef)

I'm talking about nipping this in the bud earlier

FG plan was to do target testing while keep things as normal as possible.

Our problem started with the elite or rich class who refused simple instruction of self isolating. This is getting out of hand because of irresponsible citizens who came back from high risk countries and failed to self isolate thereby putting other people’s live in danger.

Let’s take example of how the Medical director at UCH got the virus. A woman who is actually a doctor came back from UK with her son, she failed to self isolate and took her child to her day care. The child fell sick and was rushed to UCH, she lied about her travel history and told them the son was battling with malaria. It was after running test that they discover the child doesn’t have malaria and they took the son for testing for Covid-19 and the result came back positive. In the process he infected the medical director at UCH. Do you even know how many people would have gotten it from those 2?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

This is where we get it wrong. Our not asking why is why we are always in this mess.

We had Doctors being threatened with sack despite being owed months of salary.

It's not about 60 years of mismanagement being solved in two weeks, it's that a country that wanted to borrow $500m for NTA less than 3 weeks ago is online begging for free ventilators.

Whatever happens there is zero incentive for Tesla to give us ventilators ahead of responsible countries with more pressing needs for them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

FG plan was to do target testing while keep things as normal as possible.

Our problem started with the elite or rich class who refused simple instruction of self isolating. This is getting out of hand because of irresponsible citizens who came back from high risk countries and failed to self isolate thereby putting other people’s live in danger.

Let’s take example of how the Medical director at UCH got the virus. A woman who is actually a doctor came back from UK with her son, she failed to self isolate and took her child to her day care. The child fell sick and was rushed to UCH, she lied about her travel history and told them the son was battling with malaria. It was after running test that they discover the child doesn’t have malaria and they took the son for testing for Covid-19 and the result came back positive. In the process he infected the medical director at UCH. Do you even know how many people would have gotten it from those 2?

Hmmmm embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Godx:

We will always complain about any and everything.
A multi billion dollar company tweets that there are ventilators available to be given out for free Nigeria, currently battling the pandemic, requests support. What exactly is the issue I don't understand.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ibime:

You are wrong. Corona deaths are being widely underreported, especially deaths at home. In UK, some hospitals require consent from your family to release your stats.

In some cases, patients are termed end of life. These are the only ones you can consider as being overreported, and it is up to Hospital execs to make that judgement. We had a patient die from Corona in one of our Hospitals. The patient was given 3 weeks to live with cancer but died within couple days. The Hospital exec was arguing that it shouldn't be ascribed to Corona although she was overruled by the NHS.

I cannot speak for the UK but the USA? Even president Trump agrees because he has hinted at it several times now. Recently, some journalists used their camera phones to record some hospitals in the so-called epicentres asking for a dramatic increase in the number of kits etc. It did not look like they were handling half as many cases as they claimed. This is in addition to the data that I presented.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8623) (8624) (8625) (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) ... (19153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), andrewbaba44, Ibunkun1(m), oliverano, zeusis(m), FergieRaww(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.