Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512108 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) (8630) (8631) (8632) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

What is the expertise in producing ventilators?

Didn't you see the MIT videos on how to produce makeshift ventilators?

Didn't you read today of how two guys fixed the ventilators in the teaching hospital in Jos?

If you want to condemn anyone, constructively do so
Two guys didn't fix nothing. What part did they fix and were did they get the supplies from? Medical device manufacturing requires stringent cleanliness and has a whole different set of laws and standards to follow. By the time a car plant is retrofitted and sterilized to make these things, it takes more than 4months. Even to produce a new version of what they make currently takes months and months of planning, setting up machines, building and going through tooling, production step modeling, training employees, organizing your supply chain, organizing logistics, and many others. It takes even months just to change production of a new model of your current products. Innoson is saying rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

Calm down bros.

I don’t think we have ever been in this situation before in our entire history as a country. I don’t think we have ever been in a situation where we lack ventilators in the country. afrodoc2 & Unlimited22 can shed more light on that.

This is not even about defending the govt, shouldn’t the govt be making efforts to get ventilators anywhere they can get? Is it until we have a spike in cases before they start looking for ventilators?

Do you think Nigeria did not lack ventilators before Covid?

Is there anything such as Intensive Care in Nigeria?

If UK population of 70million had 6,000 Ventilators in its' public health service before Covid and full to capacity, how many ventilators do you expect Nigeria of 200m population to have?

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

Calm down bros.

I don’t think we have ever been in this situation before in our entire history as a country. I don’t think we have ever been in a situation where we lack ventilators in the country. afrodoc2 & Unlimited22 can shed more light on that.

This is not even about defending the govt, shouldn’t the govt be making efforts to get ventilators anywhere they can get? Is it until we have a spike in cases before they start looking for ventilators?
Again you're missing the whole point.

Lack of ventilators are just symptoms to the real issue. We have not even been hit by anything. This is not a crisis yet but that's either due to sluggish testing or just pure dumb luck because we do not even know the degree to which this virus has spread

Begging for free ventilators cannot be classed as making effort my guy. That's a Hail Mary, cross and inshallah move.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
Melvyn11:

Two guys didn't fix nothing. What part did they fix and were did they get the supplies from? Medical device manufacturing requires stringent cleanliness and has a whole different set of laws and standards to follow. By the time a car plant is retrofitted and sterilized to make these things, it takes more than 4months. Even to produce a new version of what they make currently takes months and months of planning, setting up machines, building and going through tooling, production step modeling, training employees, organizing your supply chain, organizing logistics, and many others. It takes even months just to change production of a new model of your current products. Innoson is saying rubbish.

Two men fix 3 ventilators. You said it's a lie..

Ventilators have electronic parts abi? The pictures are on the internet. JUTH did not even debunk it..

But then, we should believe you because

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
odizeey:

Exactly the same question I asked.

They are saying if us has been beaten who us Nigeria.

My question is how many ventilators do you have first? They have in thousands. We have less than 200
Nigeria is that man that eats with both hands. I keep hearing US and other countries are struggling with Corona. If Corona hit us at the scale it's hit them will Nigeria not be in dystopic state by now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

Two men fix 3 ventilators. You said it's a lie..

Ventilators have electronic parts abi? The pictures are on the internet . JUTH did not even debunk it..

But then, we should believe you because
The bold just showed me you know absolutely nothing of what you are yarning. If you want to wallow in your ignorance it's your business. Go and pay Innoson to produce ventilators for you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
hardeycute:
My position is that we don't have any right to start begging anyone to donate ventilators for us. How many number of confirmed cases do we have? Have 1000 people been hospitalized to suggest that the country do not have the ability to manage the situation?

He who fails to plan, plans to fail. If you go through the discussion, several people have stocked upon food and are making other plans as well. Lagos state in conjunction with gtb, has set up a field hospital.

We have seen what is happening in other countries,so it is best we prepare now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Melvyn11:

The bold just showed me you know absolutely nothing of what you are yarning. If you want to wallow in your ignorance it's your business. Go and pay Innoson to produce ventilators for you.

This is a typical comment of someone who just want to criticize and debunk even without any point

Are ventilators composed of electronics? Yes

So it can be repaired. I'll rather wallow in ignorance than agree without proof, simply because "You said so"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
Nigeria is that man that eats with both hands. I keep hearing US and other countries are struggling with Corona. If Corona hit us at the scale it's hit them will Nigeria not be in dystopic state by now?
If it had hit us same way it hit them we won't even have strength to type on naira land.

Let's just be thankful. And hope for the best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

This is a typical comment of someone who just want to criticize and debunk even without any point

So it can be repaired. I'll rather wallow in ignorance than agree without proof, simply because "You said so"

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/30/medtronic-is-sharing-its-portable-ventilator-design-specifications-and-code-for-free-to-all/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJFhY6iuY0

Also this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
izzou:

K.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ibime:

Do you think Nigeria did not lack ventilators before Covid?

Is there anything such as Intensive Care in Nigeria?

If UK population of 70million had 6,000 Ventilators in its' public health service before Covid and full to capacity, how many ventilators do you expect Nigeria of 200m population to have?

Of course, there are ICU in Nigeria but I dont know their capacity. afrodoc2 and Unlimited22 are in the best position to answer that.

We have shortage of ventilators in viz a vis our population, no one is denying that. The crux of the matter is that, is govt wrong trying to get more ventilators now? Should the fact that they didn’t get it before stop them from getting now?

Me I don’t understand this one again.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
Again you're missing the whole point.

Lack of ventilators are just symptoms to the real issue. We have not even been hit by anything. This is not a crisis yet but that's either due to sluggish testing or just pure dumb luck because we do not even know the degree to which this virus has spread

Begging for free ventilators cannot be classed as making effort my guy. That's a Hail Mary, cross and inshallah move.

Let’s take a step back, what’s your point gan gan? Pls kindly explain maybe I’m not understanding you, let me see from your point of view.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
larride:

Let’s take a step back, what’s your point gan gan? Pls kindly explain maybe I’m not understanding you, let me see from your point of view.
I'm saying random begging from Elon Musk on social media cannot be classified as effort like you're claiming

Secondly, Nigerians are also well within their rights to drag this administration for begging for the ventilators they never thought to acquire in the past.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ibime:

Yessir

Still smacks of negligence on your company's part seeing that you Guys are not even adhering to the Social distancing rule.

Also impatiently waiting for the Anti Bodies tests to come through too. I have been in contact with quite a number of NHS staffs these last 2 weeks but I am yet to show any symptoms. Well nothing more than a Banging head ache anyways. Stay stafe!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
A40:
I'm saying random begging from Elon Musk on social media cannot be classified as effort like you're claiming

Secondly, Nigerians are also well within their rights to drag this administration for begging for the ventilators they never thought to acquire in the past.

Ok.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5769669/lockdown-warri-protesters-mob-soldiers

It is only in Nigeria where soldiers are used for police work.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
UCH CMD has now tested negative to Covid-19 just 7 days after testing positive.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nigeria lacks an effective data system to manage/cushion the effects of staying at home, especially for low income citizens, small businesses and entrepreneurs. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating for people to continue to move around but the absence of an effective data system that captures the majority of the population will only lead to agitation in the coming days and people may have no option than to defy/ rebel.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Eruditor:

Of course, you missed the point by 100 miles.

When Nigeria closed her borders to "rice" as you said, the news space was awash with how cruel it was by commentators like you. Today, that singular act is why Nigeria will have rice during this shutdown. It encouraged local production.

The highlighted portion of your post is english I do not understand. You can help me.

Your last question is why I know you don't understand the issue. Not all cases are a result of not closing the border. Nigerians flew to other countries that were not closed and then used the landed border to drive in. How do you stop them at that point?

you were not your normal erudite self when you made this false claim.. Can you tell us one confirmed case that is as a result of someone landing in a neighbouring country and driving to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
obainojazz:
you were not your normal erudite self when you made this false claim.. Can you tell us one confirmed case that is as a result of someone landing in a neighbouring country and driving to Nigeria.

It is not a false claim. Virtually all the Osun cases happened this way. The only reason it is not being blown out of proportion is because the state govt was proactive by sending them a bus to bring them in and then quarantining and testing them.

Another case is people who were on a cargo ship. About 6 of them tested positive.

I know more than has been released in the news because I know someone who is in the heart of this issue and when I need information I call the person.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

Still smacks of negligence on your company's part seeing that you Guys are not even adhering to the Social distancing rule.

Also impatiently waiting for the Anti Bodies tests to come through too. I have been in contact with quite a number of NHS staffs these last 2 weeks but I am yet to show any symptoms. Well nothing more than a Banging head ache anyways. Stay stafe!

Nah I'm talking two weeks ago since I saw these guys. As of two weeks ago, everybody still dey shake hands and stuff. I only go in the office now on Fridays and Weekends cos some stuff is hard to do from home.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
Eruditor:

It is not a false claim. Virtually all the Osun cases happened this way. The only reason it is not being blown out of proportion is because the state govt was proactive by sending them a bus to bring them in and then quarantining and testing them.

Another case is people who were on a cargo ship. About 6 of them tested positive.

I know more than has been released in the news because I know someone who is in the heart of this issue and when I need information I call the person.
So you from Osun.. I suspect you have someone close in the current government or you Davido's cousin grin
That's by the way, People coming from neighbouring countries will only contribute a little to the Virus spread. When Abba Kyari tested positive, I already imagined how many people he must have passed it on to.. His guards, the guards wives.. his personal assistants.. they will pass it on to others.. then other top dignitaries who will easily pass it to others.
The people that will cause the biggest spread are; Abba Kyari, Seyi makinde and the UK woman.. Maybe they Italian guy too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PHijo(m): 12:06am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibime:

Maybe FG pulled the tweet after realising Elon was doing a G-boy move.

I expect many Nigerian Governors to now copy this move, importing these cheap snoring machine for $800 from China and calling it ventilator.

Elon Musk is a real African. Thunder fire him dia for playing politics with such a serious situation

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:43am On Apr 03, 2020
larride:

Calm down bros.

We have always lacked ventilators in this country. It is just that COVID-19 has highlighted the problems Nigerians face daily.

Nigerians have been dying like chickens for years because of lack of hospital funding, staffing, training, and equipment. People just took it as part of life, dazzall.

Pre-pandemic we didn't have enough doctors, nurses, ambulances, intensivists, emergency physicians, ventilators (both invasive and non-invasive) e.t.c

The major point you and i agree on is that this is not the time to start wasting time pointing fingers while lives are lost. Let us just find any solution to this crisis for now, then we apportion blame later.
To clarify, the sitting President and his government have to take a large chunk of that blame when it is time to share it like the national cake. It is just not the right time for that.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2020
raumdeuter:

Totally irresponsible coming from an educated person, if this was a northern governor we will be cursing illiteracy

Yeah. It was really stupid of him to put many lives at risk when there is a pandemic ready to chew us raw but he apologized for his mistakes and that should cut it. We've seen worst behavior from present and past governor without them showing no remorse at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2020
afrodoc2:
Bville02, did you post it here because it was sensible to you, or because it was senseless? cheesy

I posted it because it was sensible. He made some stupid remarks about the virus which is really foolish of him, right but he realized his mistakes and he apologized admitted what he did was wrong. I'm not trying to defend him or anything, I'm just saying. Without the rally, the virus might still enter the city because the virus was already in the country then.

Already, he has the virus already so that should be enough punishment for him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 7:26am On Apr 03, 2020
odizeey:
Nigeria broke but when it comes to politician welfare and exotic cars the money dey always dey.
We must be a joke to you.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2020
Bville02:

I posted it because it was sensible. He made some stupid remarks about the virus which is really foolish of him, right but he realized his mistakes and he apologized admitted what he did was wrong. I'm not trying to defend him or anything, I'm just saying. Without the rally, the virus might still enter the city because the virus was already in the country then.

Already, he has the virus already so that should be enough punishment for him.

It was quite a senseless statement from him. As the leader of a state he should have known better. What nonsense world was he living in that he was not aware of the pandemic.
At a time that pastors and imams were being castigated for holding services for a few hundred people the dunderhead was holding a political rally for thousands of people.

Yes without the rally the virus might have spread because it was already in the country, but that actually makes his actions worse. A numbskull governor was holding a political rally AFTER it became public knowledge that there was spread of a pandemic into the country.

He should have apologized and left it at that, instead of trying to hide under the banner of "we acted based on information we had at the time". Senseless statement.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

It was quite a senseless statement from him. As the leader of a state he should have known better. What nonsense world was he living in that he was not aware of the pandemic.
At a time that pastors and imams were being castigated for holding services for a few hundred people the dunderhead was holding a political rally for thousands of people.

Yes without the rally the virus might have spread because it was already in the country, but that actually makes his actions worse. A numbskull governor was holding a political rally AFTER it became public knowledge that there was spread of a pandemic into the country.

He should have apologized and left it at that, instead of trying to hide under the banner of "we acted based on information we had at the time". Senseless statement.

Yeah yeah. He's foolish to risk thousands of lives. He is most definitely regretting his actions now. I just hope he's the only one infected, so that he'd pay fully for his negligence.

That will teach him a lesson one way or another and I'm sure when he survives this, he'd be a better person altogether.

The rally situation isnt disputing the fact that's he has been a good, performing and active gorvenor so far.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:07am On Apr 03, 2020
Bville02:

Yeah yeah. He's foolish to risk thousands of lives. He is most definitely regretting his actions now. I just hope he's the only one infected, so that he'd pay fully for his negligence.

That will teach him a lesson one way or another and I'm sure when he survives this, he'd be a better person altogether.

The rally situation isnt disputing the fact that's he has been a good, performing and active gorvenor so far.

That is what actually makes it more disappointing. Someone that was being held up as smart and with bright ideas, at the first hint of a crisis showed himself to be more of the same clueless lot that have dominated our political scene.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2020
afrodoc2:

[/b]

That is what actually makes it more disappointing. Someone that was being held up as smart and with bright ideas, at the first hint of a crisis showed himself to be more of the same clueless lot that have dominated our political scene.

I was more disappointed. I can't call it a mistake because it's actually really stupid and foolish for you to gather people when you know there is a pandemic that's really to kill iyalaya anybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8626) (8627) (8628) (8629) (8630) (8631) (8632) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joezy23(m), abimcdssi, Itsrm(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.