Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10452923 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8630) (8631) (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 12:48am On Apr 04, 2020
obainojazz:
ndi south south.. One Abia governor has to be there.

Ochendo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:

Ibori to Odili is like Valencia to Barca.

Odili did not lift a finger to do anything in Rivers State.

Even after leaving office, he has been stealing humongously through the judicial system. Odili settles cases for millions of dollars. The cost to Anaechi to win judgement vs Omehia was $10m according to informed sources. His wife being a supreme court judge, Odili sells judgements for huge fees.

Odilis main source of siphoning wealth was through Ikhide Arumemi. Just the one Arumemi kept for himself was enough to buy several planes and launch Arik Air, plus several properties in UK including the family Mansion in Kensington.

If the proxy is eating like this, how much more the principal?

And the Ibori Valencia na him the UK still shiver for. Imagine if Odili gangan enter the place

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:02am On Apr 04, 2020
See the story of the new death in Lagos.

The man went to LUTH claiming he has Fever/tiredness when in fact he has serious cough. His family refused to disclose his travel history.

The man was put in the same open space as other patients at the emergency room of LUTH.

Doctors, nurses, cleaners and other health workers may have been exposed to this man. Not to even talk of the patients in the same space with him.

Now 4 doctors has gone into isolation like this. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:10am On Apr 04, 2020
The source, a caregiver, said the man did not disclose his travel history and had died “a few hours” after his admission to the Federal Government-owned facility.

“The man did not give his travel history or the fact that he had contact with someone who had travelled overseas.

“When asked, he told the doctors that he had no history of coughs, sore throat, joint pains or diarrhoea,” our source added.

However, when he developed complications, a junior doctor (Reg) at the Accident & Emergency Unit reviewed his case and notified the Senior Registrar of his suspicion.

“After the Senior Registrar reviewed his case and confronted him with their findings, the man revealed the true story about his travels and his fear that he might have contracted COVID-19 and died shortly afterwards.

“He confessed that he had been coughing and that he had returned from Holland two weeks ago, where he had gone for follow-up treatment after a renal transplant he also had there.

The man died early Friday morning, and the Lagos State coronavirus emergency workers took away his body.

“When confronted after the man’s death, his family members said they withheld the information about his likely COVID-19 infection because they were afraid that LUTH would reject him if they disclosed his true state,” our source added.

Just imagine this people ffs angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 1:30am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

Lol.

Anyone governing Lagos already has a head start because there’s a system in place already and what is needed is continuity.

Ambode was a disaster that happened to Lagos. Yes, he got some infrastructure right like the Abule Egba flyover bridge, the double overhead bridge in Ojodu Berger, the double overhead bridge in Secretariat and the likes. Oshodi clean up was majorly Fashola achievement, not Ambode. Ambode did start the Oshodi interchange but it’s still not completed yet.

Ambode was running a confused government. Was he not the one that sited a terminal in Ikeja, Buhari came to Lagos to commission the Terminal only for him to demolish the terminal without it ever being in use. Most of the buses for Lagbus bought by Ambode were rotting inside those uncompleted Terminals. The one at onyingbo is still there.

Was it not Ambode that relaxed the ban on street trading and almost all the bus stop were filled back with people selling stuff and impending flow of traffic? Was it not Ambode that brought Visionscape from Dubai to replace the PSP guys that were the one doing the waste collection? Was that not what turn Lagos into a refuse dump? Was it now Ambode that failed to continue the culture of road repairs by LSMOW thereby causing 80% of roads in Lagos to deteriorate? Was it not Ambode that relaxed the ban of Okada riders in the highway after Fashola banned them since 2011?

Was it not Ambode that failed to continue the Lagos blue line rail? What about the Ilubirin housing project that was abandoned? Ibeju Lekki seaport? angry

I’m happy he did develop Epe though a little though, at least his people will always remember they once have a governor.

Even if you want to criticize someone's government, don't exaggerate the whole thing.

Anybody moving in Lagos knows that Ambode's buses are the current buses we use for BRT. They are not rotting anywhere. When Sanwo olu came in, he donated some of those buses to civil servants. How can they be rotting somewhere then, when it's obvious that the BRT buses are not even enough currently?

Easy brother, easy grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

That wasnt an Ajimobi policy, it was just an example

His governance, Did you live in Ibadan pre 2011 and you know the security situation of the place? Those were the days NURTW held sway, and it was a weekly thing.

I remember the days of that Amala politics thug father, Adedibu. One fine day, we were traveling to Ilorin and there was a hold up around Ibadan. If you see the chaos. And some small boys came out and were attacking and robbing some people. It was clear that if we were still there after dark, it would get ugly. I could my way from the public transport to a local car park and continued my journey.

Nigerians have short memories
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 04, 2020
obainojazz:
Ambode was the best South West governor during his time but he is the one tagged a disaster..His major problem was abandoning fashola's projects.. but the things he did were quite commendable.. What he did in oshodi has solved traffic there in the next 100 years.. the oshodi road FG is building will complement it more... Ambode stopped Latsma from harrassing drivers.. stopped them from Collectin money and they fought him.. told nurtw to only collect money from bus stops and not stop them on the road.. His buses are world class and he's the only one that seem to be doing something about Lagos transport method. The roads he built especially in Epe can't be seen anywhere in Nigeria.. But he was judged by abandoning important projects and fighting godfathers. But no one came close to him with just four years in office.

Ambode did not solve traffic in Oshodi. That was fashola. All ambode did in oshodi was build a giant white elephant monstrosity that adds no value whatsoever. Ambode has serious people problems, and he purged the civil service of anyone with ties to fashola. Technocrats trained abroad by lasg were summarily dismissed

His four years were a nightmare of rubbish everywhere, decaying roads and a focus on epe that has not yielded any real returns.

I live in festac, and anywhere from third gate down was a nightmare. There were issues with CCECC, over a dollar based contract in the midst of naira devaluation, and ambode just abandoned the whole thing.

Festac third gate, could be two hours before you could get in. Now they have fixed 80% of that drivers hell hole

And he was a chop alone governor. That is why they keep calling for his probe. The Lagos civil service hates him, and they want their pound of flesh. I cannot begin to imagine how ambode would have fuucked up covid 19. He would have brought in some expensive white elephant solution that works in Obodo oyibo and fails in the third world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

Ambode was a disaster in Lagos, he set the state backward from where Fashola left it. If not for Ambode, the blue line would have been completed by now. Sanwoolu says it will be completed by 2022. Hopefully it finally comes to reality. Even the proposed Lekki seaport is just turninoninown

I don’t know what’s wrong with Buhari that he hasn’t sent back the Special Corruption Court Bill back to NASS. The bill was rejected by the Saraki led senate. hopefully with the Lawan led senate, the bill will be passed and we can have fast trail of corruption cases.

Now that Saraki is gone, Buhari is showing his selectivity. He signed off on 400 camrys for senators. In Sarakis time he was 'fuming'. Now with oil at 29 a barrel, he is building south Africa's economy. All other federal appendages buy jac or innoson or any other locally assembled vehicle.

But our senators must have South African Toyota camrys. Tomorrow they will start some fake investigation into mtn or Dstv on forex repatriation

Now that Buharis enemies are gone, that bill will die. You think Femi gbaja and his mother's dubai birthday party are not prime candidates for a special corruption court investigation?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2020
https://allafrica.com/stories/202001060320.html
Your first paragraph is wrong..
ornicus:

Ambode did not solve traffic in Oshodi. That was fashola. All ambode did in oshodi was build a giant white elephant monstrosity that adds no value whatsoever. Ambode has serious people problems, and he purged the civil service of anyone with ties to fashola. Technocrats trained abroad by lasg were summarily dismissed

His four years were a nightmare of rubbish everywhere, decaying roads and a focus on epe that has not yielded any real returns.

I live in festac, and anywhere from third gate down was a nightmare. There were issues with CCECC, over a dollar based contract in the midst of naira devaluation, and ambode just abandoned the whole thing.

Festac third gate, could be two hours before you could get in. Now they have fixed 80% of that drivers hell hole

And he was a chop alone governor. That is why they keep calling for his probe. The Lagos civil service hates him, and they want their pound of flesh. I cannot begin to imagine how ambode would have fuucked up covid 19. He would have brought in some expensive white elephant solution that works in Obodo oyibo and fails in the third world
True he was a chop alone project but the guy's major problem was fighting anything Fashola.. He abandoned an estate that was 90 percent complete because it was fashola's project.. But his own projects were solid
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 04, 2020
obainojazz:
https://allafrica.com/stories/202001060320.html
Your first paragraph is wrong.. True he was a chop alone project but the guy's major problem was fighting anything Fashola.. He abandoned an estate that was 90 percent complete because it was fashola's project.. But his own projects were solid

Nothing has been solved in Oshodi because what he built is not operational. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is or what it is supposed to do. I have been driving through there for the past 3 months now. I stand to be corrected, but it looks more like a suspended project than an operational one

I have been in lagos since 1999.i remeber when fashola cleared the Oshodi bridge and lit it up.

Fighting fashola, more like destroying fasholas legacy. Cutting your nose to spite your face. And doing too many projects at the same time.

How can I forget his targets for local governments, which led to a bizarre wave of impounding of cars parked in banks and eateries and regular shakedowns of drivers. I do not miss Ambode at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 6:13am On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

Nothing has been solved in Oshodi because what he built is not operational. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is or what it is supposed to do. I have been driving through there for the past 3 months now. I stand to be corrected, but it looks more like a suspended project than an operational one

I have been in lagos since 1999.i remeber when fashola cleared the Oshodi bridge and lit it up.

Fighting fashola, more like destroying fasholas legacy. Cutting your nose to spite your face. And doing too many projects at the same time.

How can I forget his targets for local governments, which led to a bizarre wave of impounding of cars parked in banks and eateries and regular shakedowns of drivers. I do not miss Ambode at all.
Before I left naija, I used the facility and his buses... so speak for yourself bro. True the place ain't finished yet as some things will have to give way but it is very useful.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 04, 2020
A guy on Twitter, iProf, presented some strong pieces of evidence that show coronavirus was engineered genetically in a lab in China as a bioweapon.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1242939576068509696.html

The full thread is on the guy's Twitter handle (iProf).

Afrodoc2, Ibime, Raumdeuter, Unlimited22, and other members, what are your thoughts on his claims?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:36am On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:
A guy on Twitter, iProf, presented some strong pieces of evidence that show coronavirus was engineered genetically in a lab in China as a bioweapon.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1242939576068509696.html

The full thread is on the guy's Twitter handle (iProf).

Afrodoc2, Ibime, Raumdeuter, Unlimited22, and other members, what are your thoughts on his claims?

I read the article. What is the strong evidence in it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 04, 2020
afrodoc2:

I read the article. What is the strong evidence in it?
He claimed that coronavirus is a recombinant virus, created in the lab via recombinant DNA technology. These are some of his references:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123220300540

https://www.who.int/ith/diseases/sars/en/

Analysing the genetic composition of coronavirus, this is a quote from the first source: "DNA recombination was found to be involved at spike glycoprotein which assorted SARS-CoV (CoVZXC21 or CoVZC45) with the RBD of another Beta CoV, thus could be the reason for cross-species transmission and rapid infection."

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:17am On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:

He claimed that coronavirus is a recombinant virus, created in the lab via recombinant (DNA) technology. These are some of his references:

Analysing the genetic composition of coronavirus, this is a quote from the first source: "DNA recombination was found to be involved at spike glycoprotein which assorted SARS-CoV (CoVZXC21 or CoVZC45) with the RBD of another Beta CoV, thus could be the reason for cross-species transmission and rapid infection."

Recombinant viruses occur naturally. Actually viral recombination and/or mutation is the cause of most viral epidemics.

Recombination does not mean it was created artificially. It is just a natural way viruses have developed to survive.

The outbreaks have been reported starting in wet markets because it is a good environment for recombination to take place. When you have thousands of animals of different species packed in enclosed places there is an increased chance of cross-infection.

With multiple naturally occurring viral strains infecting animals which ordinarily would never come in contact with each other, it is only a matter of time before those viruses combine DNA and produce a potentially more virulent strain.

Those large wet markets are perpetual ticking time bombs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2020
afrodoc2:

Recombinant viruses occur naturally. Actually viral recombination and/or mutation is the cause of most viral epidemics.

Recombination does not mean it was created artificially. It is just a natural way viruses have developed to survive.

The outbreaks have been reported starting in wet markets because it is a good environment for recombination to take place. When you have thousands of animals of different species packed in enclosed places there is an increased chance of cross-infection.

With multiple naturally occurring viral strains infecting animals which ordinarily would never come in contact with each other, it is only a matter of time before those viruses combine DNA and produce a potentially more virulent strain.

Ok, thanks for the clarifications.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2020
obainojazz:
Ambode was the best South West governor during his time but he is the one tagged a disaster..His major problem was abandoning fashola's projects.. but the things he did were quite commendable.. What he did in oshodi has solved traffic there in the next 100 years.. the oshodi road FG is building will complement it more... Ambode stopped Latsma from harrassing drivers.. stopped them from Collectin money and they fought him.. told nurtw to only collect money from bus stops and not stop them on the road.. His buses are world class and he's the only one that seem to be doing something about Lagos transport method. The roads he built especially in Epe can't be seen anywhere in Nigeria.. But he was judged by abandoning important projects and fighting godfathers. But no one came close to him with just four years in office.
He really tried by fighting godfathers, he was onean mopol.

But let's not forget he made Lagos very dirty when he privatised lawma angry
That alone can take every achievement he made
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 7:54am On Apr 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:
He really tried by fighting godfathers, he was onean mopol.

But let's not forget he made Lagos very dirty when he privatised lawma angry
That alone can take every achievement he made
Very dirty man.. Island became a mess
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

The man went to LUTH claiming he has Fever/tiredness when in fact he has serious cough. His family refused to disclose his travel history.

The man was put in the same open space as other patients at the emergency room of LUTH.

Doctors, nurses, cleaners and other health workers may have been exposed to this man. Not to even talk of the patients in the same space with him.

That useless man will surely rot in hell but his family should pay for it. Very foolish and selfish people
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Eruditor:

The instagram comedian/influencer is lying. He had played a prank before and he was nabbed. This thing he is doing now is a cover-up just incase of repercussions.
This. And he apologised. People joke too much.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:35am On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:

Ok, thanks for the clarifications.

Recombinant viruses can be engineered as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:38am On Apr 04, 2020
One must be deluded to think any country would infect the world with a highly transmissible virus that will also kill their own people.

Sars-Cov2 most likely originated in the market as reported, but not ruling out an accidental leak from Wuhan virology lab as we've seen a couple of accidental leaks of SARS from their lab in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Eruditor:

Yes, but they also occur naturally. A virus being recombinant does not in any way mean it was engineered.

Recombination, reassortment, mutation etc is always going on with viruses in nature as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:
One must be delided to think any country would infect the world with a highly transmissible virus that will also kill their own people.

Sars-Cov2 most likely originated in the market as reported, but not ruling out an accidental leak from Wuhan virology lab as we've seen a couple of accidental leaks of SARS from their lab in the past.

You are right. If a country is going to infect another country it wouldn’t start the epidemic in its own backyard.
Accidental leaks are possible but i just don’t see how China intentionally starts this pandemic in one of its own cities.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2020
afrodoc2:

Yes, but they also occur naturally. A virus being recombinant does not in any way mean it was engineered.

Recombination, reassortment, mutation etc is always going on with viruses in nature as well.

I agreed with all your points on that post just wanted to add that fact as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Eruditor:

I agreed with all your points on that post just wanted to add that fact as well.

Cool. Yeah, that fact wasn’t clear from my initial post. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Eruditor:

Yea, but there are not enough pieces of evidence supporting the claim the virus was artificially created as a bio-weapon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:04am On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:

He claimed that coronavirus is a recombinant virus, created in the lab via recombinant DNA technology. These are some of his references:

From what I have read, SARS-CoV-2 (which causes COVID-19) is 80-90% identical with SARS-CoV-1 (which causes normal SARS). For a virus, it means that they are almost the same thing. In fact, the International Naming Committee refused to recognize them as two different viruses, hence the 1, 2 designation.

Even two very closely related viruses like HIV and SIV share only about 50% of their genome.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:29am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

wicked people everywhere.

But doctors should be treating every one with protective gears, corona or not.
To avoid cases of mad people like these ones.

The country is already suffering from lack of medical practionals, for mad people to start killing and isolating the remaining small ones.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:41am On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:
https://www.nairaland.com/5773265/coronavirus-seems-like-cold-weather#88079728

Nice thread from Nl owner.

Low temperature, low sunlight, low humidity, and crowded enclosed places do seem to increase the risk of spread of viral respiratory infections generally.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 04, 2020
afrodoc2:

Which is why the same tweet has a headline China bans consumption of wild animals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8630) (8631) (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.