Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10669049 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8690) (8691) (8692) (8693) (8694) (8695) (8696) ... (19317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:

Wolfgang Wolf of Wolfsburg

Correct
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Correct
Arteta Arsenal

Bonus
Emery/Ebening Emirates
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:
Oliseh assisted with 4 or 5 of these over the top balls in that Nations Cup. Oliseh is my favourite Super Eagle of all time, closely followed by Finidi.

I was lucky to attend live the Nigeria vs Japan friendly in Southampton in 2001 or so. I was almost surprised to see that there was only one man controlling the midfield passing game, and that was Oliseh, not Okocha. His technique was superb.

Oliseh na baller when he came in 1993, He brought another dimension of vision and long-range pass into our National team that was when we realized we have a real world-class player on our hand

Did you hear when Oliseh was giving one speech recently about Yekini, He said

See this pass to Yekini, why won't a striker be praying for Oliseh every day, One-time ball and the striker isolated with the keeper

Go and watch this youtube video from Oliseh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6gWn-KzSw
elampiro afrodoc who are the 2 people in this youtube between Akokachi and Siasia

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
raumdeuter:

Oliseh na baller when he came in 1993, He brought another dimension of vision and long-range pass into our National team that was when we realized we have a real world-class player on our hand

See this pass to Yekini, why won't a striker be praying for Oliseh every day, One-time ball and the striker isolated with the keeper

This must be the first goal against Gabon.

Oliseh also killed Zaire in QF with these over the tops.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:
This must be the first goal against Gabon.

Oliseh also killed Zaire in QF with these over the tops.

Na the Zaire own be this

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
raumdeuter:

Na the Zaire own be this

He did 4 assists in this tournament over the top. I think he did Zaire twice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
raumdeuter:

Na the Zaire own be this

Zaire should be congo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
@ Raumdeuter, he also assisted Adepoju in the Gabon match, assisting 2 of the 3 goals

Zaire QF, he assisted the first goal, then put Yekini clean through to win the penalty for the 2nd goal

Semifinal vs Ivory Coast, another over the top ball to release Finidi who squared to Yeking for the 2nd equalizer

Final vs Zambia, also assisted over the top for Amunike

This is a midfielder, yet na Okocha those our supporters club who only come to shout ay, ay go carry for head.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:

He did 4 assists in this tournament over the top. I think he did Zaire twice

The 2nd goal vs Zaire na penalty after dem fall Yekini

This is another Oliseh assist vs Gabon, Not a long over the top ball

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
raumdeuter:

The 2nd goal vs Zaire na penalty after dem fall Yekini

It was Oliseh that put Yekini clean through for the goalkeeper to foul him. You get that gif?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:
@ Raumdeuter, he also assisted Adepoju in the Gabon match, assisting 2 of the 3 goals

Zaire QF, he assisted the first goal, then put Yekini clean through to win the penalty for the 2nd goal

Semifinal vs Ivory Coast, another over the top ball to release Finidi who squared to Yeking for the 2nd equalizer

Final vs Zambia, also assisted over the top for Amunike

This is a midfielder, yet na Okocha those our supporters club who only come to shout ay, ay go carry for head.

Oliseh was the most modern and cerebral of out midfielders, No time for sme sme that was why he came and took over our DM as a "19yr old"

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:
It was Oliseh that put Yekini clean through for the goalkeeper to foul him. You get that gif?

Finidi

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
raumdeuter:

elampiro afrodoc who are the 2 people in this youtube between Akokachi and Siasia

The one next to SiaSia is Nduka Ugbade

He was substitute leftback in Tunisia 94, but when it came to World Cup, Keshi and Emenalo did parapo and convinced Westerhoff to kick him out for Emenalo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ibime:
The one next to SiaSia is Nduka Ugbade

He was substitute leftback in Tunisia 94, but when it came to World Cup, Keshi and Emenalo did parapo and convinced Westerhoff to kick him out for Emenalo

I know Ugbade he was our U17 captain and scored the leveller vs USSR in Saudi 89.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Question Time:
Arsene - Arsenal
Give me another combo of club and manager where the names look related
Ramdeuter stay out of this one please, I'm sure you know one

Mancini -Manciti
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elampiro(m): 1:20am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:

Nduka Ugbade and the other guys looks very much like Edema Fulundu. I met Edema in Benin around 2002 or 2003 and we had some chat. He sounded somewhat like he was not fulfilled.

I need more yekini gifs grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 5:19am On Apr 15, 2020
See Yekini for God's sake. Top class no 9. If not for Abacha, Eto'o wouldn't have outscored him in Nations cup. Are we sure he scored just 37 goals for Nigeria in over 10 years of service?

I know this country to be very poor at record keeping.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:49am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:

Ugbade and Edema Fuludu.

Modified. I see elampiro has already answered.

I think i have gisted you guys about Ugbade and the spiritual warfare that he believes led to his exclusion from the 94 squad courtesy Keshi and his boy Mike Emenalo. Very funny story.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:02am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:

Oliseh was the most modern and cerebral of out midfielders, No time for sme sme that was why he came and took over our DM as a "19yr old"

Oliseh was a modern CDM. He combined the normal African ruggedness with ability on the ball.

The move to Juve where he had to compete with Conte, Tacchinardi, Davids derailed him and then injuries and age set in.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2020
Ibime:

Do you know any LGA chairman? This is his chance to chop by making up random names for this register. We can help him with the data work.
Please, count me in too Ibime. I've worked with SACA and we had lots of projects from WHO and the scam/fraud those people are involved in screams to the high heavens. I was a M&E Officer and we know how to run this data thing well.

Larride, make we follow chop this APC money. I be your man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Please, count me in too Ibime. I've worked with SACA and we had lots of projects from WHO and the scam/fraud those people are involved in screams to the high heavens. I was a M&E Officer and we know how to run this data thing well.

Larride, make we follow chop this APC money. I be your man.
Alagba Skimple!!! Is this what you preach in your church?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:
When I dey vex for showboaters like Okocha you need to watch efficient footballers and know the difference

Big ups to Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh, strong in tackle, Calm in possession with vision like an eagle, left leg, right leg, shots he dey there

See this break in attack and immediate vision to launch a through ball to his attacker not wasting time. Imagine say na JayJay win ball there, he will first relax and look to disgrace the opponent while our attackers will be there suffering

See the same type of ball over the top in the Nations cup final

vs Senegal in the 2000 Nations cup we were suffering Oliseh had Malaria, he saw the team down and hopeless with Okocha doing his thing, Oliseh begged to come on from the bench and before long sent a long pass that opened the Senegalese defence and Aghahowa scored (elampiro where were you that day)

Omo that moment madness catch me, See as I run, Even watching the highlight now sef I wan dey cry.

If you watch all these good times of Nigerian football, you can see why some of us cant be bothered to watch the current eyesore we have now

That is why he played for European giants of his time like Ajax, Juve and Dortmund not the likes of Fenerbahce, Frankfurt or Bolton

Do you actually expect a DM, Oliseh to be hugging the ball like an attacking midfielder?

Can you show gifs of goals scored by Okocha in the 2000 nations cup, especially against Cameroon and Tunisia, let's see the shakushaku, that he did there. grin

In nations cup 2004, who was our top scorer? Who was the best player of the tournament? You are a joke. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:
When I dey vex for showboaters like Okocha you need to watch efficient footballers and know the difference

Big ups to Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh, strong in tackle, Calm in possession with vision like an eagle, left leg, right leg, shots he dey there

See this break in attack and immediate vision to launch a through ball to his attacker not wasting time. Imagine say na JayJay win ball there, he will first relax and look to disgrace the opponent while our attackers will be there suffering

See the same type of ball over the top in the Nations cup final

vs Senegal in the 2000 Nations cup we were suffering Oliseh had Malaria, he saw the team down and hopeless with Okocha doing his thing, Oliseh begged to come on from the bench and before long sent a long pass that opened the Senegalese defence and Aghahowa scored (elampiro where were you that day)

Omo that moment madness catch me, See as I run, Even watching the highlight now sef I wan dey cry.

If you watch all these good times of Nigerian football, you can see why some of us cant be bothered to watch the current eyesore we have now

That is why he played for European giants of his time like Ajax, Juve and Dortmund not the likes of Fenerbahce, Frankfurt or Bolton

You deliberately left out Psg to drive home your agenda on Okocha. Weldone. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2020
raumdeuter:

grin grin

I gat no much time to bring out our arguments on tackles that year. So tackle is now very important since it involves Oliseh. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2020
hardeycute:
Alagba Skimple!!! Is this what you preach in your church?
Lols. That was before I repented wholeheartedly.

Worked with them immediately I finished NYSC.

My boss that year was a lady and goodness me, she was on money. They falsify data and send to NACA and pocket the whole money.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

My boss that year was a lady and goodness me, she was on money. They falsify data and send to NACA and pocket the whole money.

Na so.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

now tell me.. which yahoo+ pass this one undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:08am On Apr 15, 2020
Skimpledawg:

E don tey wey this thing dey happen na. I remember the year of WHO matter for Ebonyi and FG census too. Total clean out bro, the manipulation of data no be here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:21am On Apr 15, 2020
afrodoc2:

Na so.
No jokes Doc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2020
seankafor:
now tell me.. which yahoo+ pass this one undecided cry
If no be my babe that year, na then I for buy my first car. My boss go do yahoo yahoo for us.

Imagine NACA go release 50m for a particular project, my boss and all the executives go come release like 10m to all the NGOs pocket 35m come give us 5m to go field to do the project.

Omo, we go just drive out with hilux find one better hotel dey knack better data to send come share the money amongst ourselves. Na me go still type report, go Abuja still defend am.

Mehn, that year na better cruise. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8690) (8691) (8692) (8693) (8694) (8695) (8696) ... (19317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Colson(m), Trevor012(m), airmark(m), Realtord43, BlueMann, LORDLARGE(m), WhoDeyHause and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.