Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10484917 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9220) (9221) (9222) (9223) (9224) (9225) (9226) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
afrodoc2:

I am a man of peace. I do sign of the cross with both hands.

Otem be praised.
Hahaha Doc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chrisus(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
CHE 1-2 CRY again tonight?

Otem please

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Hahaha Doc.

You no see say that guy dey troublesome.

Come dey ask which hand I dey take punch people? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
afrodoc2:

No they are not. Already MichaelBukamzy and Chrisus have told Ibime that they are also left footed and right handed.

Go through all the left footed players you know and check their pics signing autographs or contracts you will see that more than half are right handed.

Finally the findings of research on this support my view. Close to 20% of footballers are left footed but just about 10% of footballers are left handed.
If you consider the fact that some of these left handed footballers are right footed you can easily see that left foot plus left hand combo is a rare combination.

Well I wouldn't argue this view. I haven't made research on it.

That means I'm part of the minority.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Yeah people discriminate alot, you will see elders telling you not to give them something with your left
In school, those religion fanatics will tell me only devil eat with the left hand and some other bullshit, I use right for swallow but left hand for spoon because it's a tool

The look on people's face when they see me eating with left ehhh.... Especially older people.

The thing dey make me feel highly uncomfortable to eat in public.

@bolded.... That has been our culture in this part of the world. It's disrespectful to give an older person something with left hand. Even though I'm a leftie, I don't try that: to give someone something with left hand.

Just like oyibo pikin fit call him papa by his first name. But here, who born you to call your papa 'John' cheesy

Na just culture.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
timbros:

Well I wouldn't argue this view. I haven't made research on it.

That means I'm part of the minority.

You are probably right. The guys I played football with were different from the guys I went to school with so it would be hard to track which hand the left footers used to write with.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
pamcode:
Lol @ bolded. My Parents were liberal about the handedness thing. They made me feel special, at a time I assumed I was the only one left handed in the world until I read about it. It is always euphoric when I meet a leftie, even till now I can count on both hands the number of lefties I have met.

I grew up believing that left handed people are more intelligent than right handed ones...

And with my left hand, I can hit the bulls eye from any distance grin..... I use to be a terror in cashew nut games. My peers then always avoid me like plague when it comes to cashew nut games because I dey always chop them finish..lol. Who played those games here? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
cool

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
pamcode:
lol I think he opened a thread to make a public announcement. A40 do you still feel anything for Arsenal?
Not at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
sylvalord:
So him brain don tire from old age or what? grin
Lmaooooooo na the terminology wey him use dey really burst my brain. Anybody wey dey use Outside Left, Outside Right just know say na dem Segun Odegbami set

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
airmark:
cool

It seems a bit like Man City's jersey though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
“Generally, with midfield, I do like midfield players who can perform, not all the roles but can play high, can play on the side, can do the defensive duties and Mason really has that," Lampard added.

"His work off the ball is fantastic for us and if I feel like getting him high up the pitch to put more pressure on the other team if they want to play out, that can help us off the ball.

Mason has locked down a midfield position in Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
“Himself, Ross can perform that kind of role. Kovacic can perform that kind of role. Ruben Loftus-Cheek can perform that kind of role. N’Golo Kante can perform that kind of role. Billy Gilmour can. Jorginho also can but his role predominantly in his career has been from a deeper position.

“I had those good problems within the team. I like to work on the midfield, making it as fluid as it possibly can be so we give teams problems. Some performances recently, Watford being one the other day, Everton before lockdown I saw real fluid movement of the midfield which I really liked. We have to continue to work on that.“

Lamps sounding like we don't need a new midfielder
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Full Chelsea squad: Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero; Cesar Azpilicueta, Reece James, Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, Kurt Zouma, Marcos Alonso, Emerson; Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ross Barkley, Billy Gilmour, Mason Mount; Willian, Pedro, Christian Pulisic, Callum Hudson-Odoi; Tammy Abraham, Olivier Giroud, Michy Batshuayi and Faustino Anjorin.

My Possible line up

Kepa; Cesar, Zouma, Andreas, Alonso; Barkley, Jorginho, Mount: Willian, Abraham, Pulisic

or Gilmour and Giroud start instead
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
BlueAngel444:
“Generally, with midfield, I do like midfield players who can perform, not all the roles but can play high, can play on the side, can do the defensive duties and Mason really has that," Lampard added.

"His work off the ball is fantastic for us and if I feel like getting him high up the pitch to put more pressure on the other team if they want to play out, that can help us off the ball.

Mason has locked down a midfield position in Chelsea
I think he is the only Chelsea player to be involved in every single PL game..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
thorrvik55:

It seems a bit like Man City's jersey though

Yea. I like this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
thorrvik55:

I think he is the only Chelsea player to be involved in every single PL game..
If Chelsea signs either Havertz or Savic to play that no 8 role who would be benched or loaned out, we have literally 5 players for that position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
Amoto94:
Skriniar is not cool headed the few times I watched him play he's not an organizer we need at the back, he uses brawn more instead of brain. As for Savic we need his physicality and goal threat in our midfield, had Loftus-Cheek being injury free I will advise to not sign him because they are similar in playing style and within the same age bracket. Rice is a good player at a struggling club he will come good for Chelsea when they sign him.
what about Pau Torres? won't be better given his height and our need for aerial dominance especially in set pieces
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
This rain is a sign.

Tears from the blue sky.

cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
donjazet:

Really!! grin grin
Anyways, I'm sure there will be also be ludicrous minor reasons why many people decided to choose their current teams. So you just like blue color? cheesy
Hahaha,as for me i started supporting chelsea,i think 06/07,after my former sweet hearts Rcd espanyol(someone very close to me got me their jersey and i was happy being yhe only one among my friends to have a "unique" jersey,I began watching their games whenever I could,and so became a fan,even in winning eleven na espanyol and esportivo be my choice of teams) failed to lift the uefa cup(ignorant me,thougjt it was the same as ucl) by losing to sevilla.I wanted to die that day,and completely gave up on football,until my dad got up one faithful day, saying he wanted to go and see manu beat chelsea,so i tagged along and had already decided that whoever wins that match would be my newly found club.It was a FA cup final,The match was boring sha...coming from someone who only watched la liga at that time cuz of our huge free to air satellite dish..Only for drogba(I only knew him by name,not his face at that time) to score late in extra time handing chelsea the win.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pharod(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
timbros:

I grew up believing that left handed people are more intelligent than right handed ones...

And with my left hand, I can hit the bulls eye from any distance grin..... I use to be a terror in cashew nut games. My peers then always avoid me like plague when it comes to cashew nut games because I dey always chop them finish..lol. Who played those games here? grin

I am left footed and I was left handed when I was very young but my parents flogged and punished me until I started using my right hand for stuff. Now I'm ambidextrous.
As an "80s kid, it used to be one of my favorite games. Anybody born around then or early 90s must have played the cashew game. Except those that were locked up inside...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
It looks like Tomori will be heading to Westham on loan, as bait to land Declan Rice.

I don't know how much of sense this deal makes honestly. Using an average Joe to land an average Joe.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Griffon:
It looks like Tomori will be heading to Westham on loan, as bait to land Declan Rice.

I don't know how much of sense this deal makes honestly. Using an average Joe to land an average Joe.
The obsession with English players will be Lampard’s undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
hensben:
The obsession with English players will be Lampard’s undoing.

Declan Rice is not bad though. Tomori seemed to have lost his confidence in his last matches for us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
Meanwhile,

Jorginho has to do nothing different [to earn selection]. He trains well, he is good for the group on and off the pitch, he is vice-captain of the club.

“It is purely my choice at the moment with what I see and the games in front of me and how I like the make-up of the midfield to be. Sometimes it can be affected by the other players that are in that midfield where I think we need more defensive attributes in the game. He doesn’t need to do anything, it is purely my choice.

When you have your manager saying you don't have to do anything to earn selection, that he's benching you cos he wants to bench you, oga just jeje begin phone your agent to work out a transfer.

From the emboldened words above, Lampard seems to have lost faith in Jorginhos abilities.

Even small Gilmour get mouth for that midfield ahead of Jorg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Just came across this pic. It took me back in time to the good old days. cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HewlettPackard: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
We are debuting our next season away kit today,
Baba God abeg, let it not be like the story of the home kit.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
pharod:

I am left footed and I was left handed when I was very young but my parents flogged and punished me until I started using my right hand for stuff. Now I'm ambidextrous.
As an "80s kid, it used to be one of my favorite games. Anybody born around then or early 90s must have played the cashew game. Except those that were locked up inside...

I play that cashew game die grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
BlueAngel444:
what about Pau Torres? won't be better given his height and our need for aerial dominance especially in set pieces
I don't really have an idea of how he plays so I can't say much about him. Ibime, Unlimited, Teejay, OtemAtum, Nihilist, Airmark what's your opinion on Pau Torres?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
airmark:

Declan Rice is not bad though. Tomori seemed to have lost his confidence in his last matches for us.
But Rice is not a natural CB, he didn’t establish as CB. How are we sure he will come good for us as CB when we need instant Hit in that position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
donjazet:
Just came across this pic. It took me back in time to the good old days. cheesy
Can't love him less, Hazard!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9220) (9221) (9222) (9223) (9224) (9225) (9226) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.