Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10562245 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9374) (9375) (9376) (9377) (9378) (9379) (9380) ... (19193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
raumdeuter:
World best defender Lovren causing confusion in his defence
In one bumbling move took out his defence partner and gave opponent a free ride to goal

Gomes is to be blamed for this bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
Jodera:
shocked shocked.
David Luiz? The agent you sent to Arsenal?

Funny
He was told he would have to fight for places in the team but he felt he was untouchable, hence the transfer to Arsenal.
Yes, i get the point that he was prone to mistakes but our defence wasn't this shambolic even with Kepa in goal and Jorginho covering the back line last season.
I also get the fact that he's past his prime yet Arteta still fields him. There's something about leadership at the heart of defence which Azplicueta do not possess even to the entire team.

PS: I wasn't against Luiz signing for Arsenal because i thought Rudiger would rise to the occasion of leading and coordinating the defense but he's shown clearly that he's still learning .
Well, it's just my opinion
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
swiz123:

What Lampard said about the freekick is different. He said amongst all the excellent strikes Liverpool had yesterday, the free kick was the best, and that it wasn't the keeper's fault.

I believe we demonize Kepa for not making jaw dropping saves more often than him actually making mistakes. Kepa is not the best goalkeeper in the world but he isn't as bad as we make him seem. I don't remember Kepa making an elementary mistake like De gea -- at least of recent. It is easy of a goal keeper who is low on confidence to commit howlers but I am still surprised Kepa doesn't.

It is easy to talk about statistics, pointing at how many shots he had faced, but if we also push sentiments aside, we would realize that most of the goals Kepa conceded were from set pieces, tap ins and fearsome long range strikes that would require a monstrous reflex to keep out.

Make no mistake, I am not saying Kepa is good, I am just saying that he takes the fall for everything which has nothing to do with him. The danger is that, Chelsea can easily prioritize getting a new goalie instead of defenders. (spending 100m on a goal keeper butresses my point.).

let's be guided. A good team doesn't depend on a goal keepers heroics to win games.

This is not actually true in any way. There is a stat they
call xG or expected shots that should score rating.

Kepa's xG is the same as Dubravka, and 4 other Premier League keepers and they all have better saves than him. I'll look for the screenshot now

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
1st goal was on Willian who lost the ball and Kepa who should have done better

2nd goal Kepa right footed free kick from that side,TAA can only bend it round the wall, Kepa should be better positioned instead of admiring the ball

3rd goal cant really blame anyone. Trying to force the blame on Jorginho or Recce for not reacting quicker will be harsh

4th goal Is on Alonso who gave one the best crosser of the ball that much space and on Azpi who was on the wrong side of his man Firmino

5th goal Jorginho needs to foul Robertson there, The fault goes to Jorginho

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
macjireh:

lets play 352 to accommodate Barkley
No let's play 3 6 1 to accommodate Barkley Arigo sacchi 2.0 undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
monerozi5590:
Gomes is to be blamed for this bro.

Explain how. I dont know if sarcasm or not

https://streamja.com/JoZ64
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
shocked

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Unlimited22:

It is posts like this one that make people to ignore 90% of what you say here.

Lol
Did they write to tell you so or you just assumed?
Even the one who called me names couldn't come up with an argument and it was clear he was on the bandwagon.
You say Matteo Kovacic is that good and has impacted the team this season, give me reasons why I should believe so.
Is it the goals he pop from midfield or the clear cut chances he created or the last gasp tackles he made without putting the team in trouble or the 'supposed ball carriage' he does so well without any end product or his ability to shoot from short or long ranges?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Lol
Did they write to tell you so or you just assumed?
Even the one who called me names couldn't come up with an argument and it was clear he was on the bandwagon.
You say Matteo Kovacic is that good and has impacted the team this season, give me reasons why I should believe so.
Is it the goals he pop from midfield or the clear cut chances he creates or the last gasp tackles he makes without putting the team in trouble or the 'supposed ball carriage' he does so well without any end product or the his ability to shoot?

For real tho, you're saying Kova hasn't had any impact on this team?

Wow...didn't think I'd be seeing see a comment like this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
Leroy Sané - “It’s good for Chelsea that they’ve signed two top German talents in Timo Werner and Kai Havertz.”

I have already settled it in my mind that this guy is coming whether we like it or not. And some players will bounce, hope they do the same thing to our defense (+GK)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
BlueMann:
shocked
Dudeeee cheesy

U posted it too grin

Up blues grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

2nd goal Kepa right footed free kick from that side,TAA can only bend it round the wall, Kepa should be better positioned instead of admiring the ball

3rd goal cant really blame anyone. Trying to force the blame on Jorginho or Recce for not reacting quicker will be harsh

4th goal Is on Alonso who gave one the best crosser of the ball that much space and on Azpi who was on the wrong side of his man Firmino

you that fifth goal we keep saying Jorginho should have fowled abi Chickened Robertson. Ok they get a free kick and then score it

The narrative would have been, oh fvck Jorginho making stupid and senseless tackles grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Leroy Sané - “It’s good for Chelsea that they’ve signed two top German talents in Timo Werner and Kai Havertz.”

I have already settled it in my mind that this guy is coming whether we like it or not. And some players will bounce, hope they do the same thing to our defense (+GK)
abi oo.even if we don't go to UCL now they can come and take us there next time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
It ended in tears embarassed

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
you that fifth goal we keep saying Jorginho should have fowled abi Chickened Robertson. Ok they get a free kick and then score it

The narrative would have been, oh fvck Jorginho making stupid and senseless tackles grin

FOWL and FOUL do not mean the same thing in English
This is where Jorginho had contact with Robertson, If he allows him through then it becomes a dangerous situation

When evaluating your risks, Which one is more dangerous a foul and free kick 40yards from goal or a free run at goal?

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
wman:
And the crazy thing is that we beat Wolves 5-2 earlier this season with Tammy Abraham scoring a hattrick and an own goal.

But that was back in September when Wolves were in poor form. Unlike now.

Thanks for reminding me of this result. I believe we matched their 3-4-3 that day.

Also Tammy looked good yesterday in combination with CHO and Pulisic. I had almost written Tammy off but that is a combination for Lampard to consider given Tammy's play yesterday and his history against Wolves. . . . in contrast to the Willian/Giroud combination which is quite slow.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

Spot on.

4th goal is on Kepa who should have decisively come out for the cross. He could have easily picked it off Firmino's head.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ibime:

Thanks for reminding me of this result. I believe we matched their 3-4-3 that day.

Also Tammy looked good yesterday in combination with CHO and Pulisic. I had almost written Tammy off but that is a combination for Lampard to consider given Tammy's play yesterday and his history against Wolves. . . . in contrast to the Willian/Giroud combination which is quite slow.

We need to stick with Giroud. He is on a goal scoring streak... Abraham can come in as an impact sub.

Pulisic ~ Giroud ~ Willian

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShitStain(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:

I think Barkley will be among the players that will be sold
Because I just can't see why he'll be excluded from the teamsheet in 2 consecutive matches(when no be say he get injury)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
macjireh:

abi oo.even if we don't go to UCL now they can come and take us there next time
Wow because of ordinary wolves grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
raumdeuter:

FOWL and FOUL do not mean the same thing in English
This is where Jorginho had contact with Robertson, If he allows him through then it becomes a dangerous situation

When evaluating your risks, Which one is more dangerous a foul and free kick 40yards from goal or a free run at goal?
like chelsea could defend against set pieces, don't have that confidence. undecided
And it's called FOWL cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
ShitStain:

I think Barkley will be among the players that will be sold
Because I just can't see why he'll be excluded from the teamsheet in 2 consecutive matches(when no be say he get injury)
well he is rumored being offered to West ham for Rice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Reporting for duty for Unbearable FC.....Hello Rentboys

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Coinvision: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
Willian - £37m
Pedro - £27m
Pulisic - £60m
Batshuayi - £39m
Giroud - £17m

Total - £180m

£180m attackers behind man utd ON GOAL DIFFERENCE this season

Losers FC, 4th FC, £180M Dead Woods

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
eph12:
Wow because of ordinary wolves grin
we are afraid of wolves na,,is it bad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
raumdeuter:
See how VVD collided with his own player for Pulisic goal
If that was Lovren we won't hear the last of it

Your vvd agenda go kee you,person wey dey front dey collide with person wey dey back? Not surprised cos you are the normal and the average Chelsea fan wey no know ball,miscreants,touts, hooligans,racist, islamophobic,okada riders,louts,bus drivers and conductors,paraga sellers shouting up chelsiii with Chelsea dry gin in one hand

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Coinvision:
Willian - £37m
Pedro - £27m
Pulisic - £60m
Batshuayi - £39m
Giroud - £17m

Total - £180m

It's a phucking disgrace

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:

lol you must be fuckin kidding me.
even goat messi cant a score freekick at the half way line

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Days since Liverpool lifted the premier league ; 1day
Days since Rentboys lifted the premier league ; years

Days since Liverpool lifted the champions league; 1year 1month
Days since Rentboys lifted the champions League: years

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Coinvision:
Willian - £37m
Pedro - £27m
Pulisic - £60m
Batshuayi - £39m
Giroud - £17m

Total - £180m

sanchez - 62m
bailly - 30m
maguire - 85m
mata- 30m
matic - 40m
fred- 50m
dont go there at all chelsea are learning work when it comes to buy expired pensioners from manfools .

21 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
timbros:

We need to stick with Giroud. He is on a goal scoring streak... Abraham can come in as an impact sub.

Pulisic ~ Giroud ~ Willian

Good call. . .. just another option to consider
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ibime:

If we follow some fans here, na relegation we dey go.
He is not the only one. Lots of Chelsea fans on Twitter don't rate the guy. There is this particular guy - dannydoes, man has no love for kovacic, he calls him war criminal. But he has a greater hatred for Kepa and Jorginho sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9374) (9375) (9376) (9377) (9378) (9379) (9380) ... (19193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, Joseph901, ouzo1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.