Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,975 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10616963 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9381) (9382) (9383) (9384) (9385) (9386) (9387) ... (19263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
ShitStain:

No aubameyang?
Jimenez and Ings kept him out. Given the performance and the position of the club of Jimenez on the table and the fact that Ings is 2nd top scorer behind Vardy despite playing for a weaker club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
I'm just reading an article that somewhat implicates our owner Abramovic in a money laundering scheme while he was in England, with a possible extradition to the US.
Hmm, Seems like his problems are just beginning.
I remember when i was telling Ibime that the UK was the money laundering capital of the world and he was arguing.
I just hope this doesn't affect our club in the long run.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
eph12:

Who was better than Hendo in LFC midfield?
LFC midfield hardly gets dominated. Almost never. Why is that?

Like someone said, they're style of defence is a high intensity counter pressing. Lampard is trying to implement the same tactic at Chelsea, but obviously the team still has a lot to learn.

Point is, Liverpool midfield don't get dominated because of the counter press. And if you're talking out and out defense in that midfield and conducting play, some people would rate Fabinho higher.

Don't get me wrong, Hendo was great this season. But the best player in the League this season? Seriously?

Nuff said abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
swiz123:
It's funny how the EPL best player can't even make Madrid first 11, even at his best form..
Stupid comment considering madrid first 11 contains a player like valverde..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nikeballer:

When Kante won was he the best Chelsea player? What is he gifted at aside interception and running around the pitch like who village people dey pursue....injuries and him ankle don dey tell am....

To me, yes. And N'golo Kante at the time was the best DMF in the World, no cap. Can you say Hendo is the best in his position in Europe right now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
BlueMann:

To me, yes. And N'golo Kante at the time was the best DMF in the World, no cap. Can you say Hendo is the best in his position in Europe right now?
Hendo obviously was not the best player in Liverpool this season..but this is the FWA award not the PFA awards which takes other factors into consideration which is why rashford polled higher than mane and Van dijk..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Herbiedeen(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
CAPdan21:

Stupid comment considering madrid first 11 contains a player like valverde..
are you the one that planted him into Madrid's first XI??

Even if he's there, your EPL best player would watch him play from the bench

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
swiz123:
It's funny how the EPL best player can't even make Madrid first 11, even at his best form..
But they can beat Madrid first 11, no?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
donjazet:
I'm just reading an article that somewhat implicates our owner Abramovic in a money laundering scheme while he was in England, with a possible extradition to the US.
Hmm, Seems like his problems are just beginning.
I remember when i was telling Ibime that the UK was the money laundering capital of the world and he was arguing.
I just hope this doesn't affect our club in the long run.

This is false. Ibime only argued your claim that UK government is shielding Diezani. He even later posted an article showing how Nigerian government were the ones who were actively avoiding trying to extradite her.

There's nobody that knows anything about money that doesn't know that London is the HQ of money laundering.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
BlueMann:

Like someone said, they're style of defence is a high intensity counter pressing. Lampard is trying to implement the same tactic at Chelsea, but obviously the team still has a lot to learn.

Point is, Liverpool midfield don't get dominated because of the counter press. And if you're talking out and out defense in that midfield and conducting play, some people would rate Fabinho higher.

Don't get me wrong, Hendo was great this season. But the best player in the League this season? Seriously?

Nuff said abeg
Do you know what it means to implement that system? Everyone has to be running the whole 90 minutes, then do that over 30+ games. If you think the midfield has a little or no huge role in this, I can't help you.

I'm not saying Hendo deserves the best player award, I'm just saying we underrate his contribution, mostly because he's English
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
eph12:

Do you know what it means to implement that system? Everyone has to be running the whole 90 minutes, then do that over 30+ games. If you think the midfield has a little or no huge role in this, I can't help you.

I'm not saying Hendo deserves the best player award, I'm just saying we underrate his contribution, mostly because he's English

So if everyone is running for 90 minutes, why is it Henderson that was singled out...ahead of even Trent Beckham?

Stop it abeg. In terms of pure impact on a club's fortunes, KDB and Bruno Fernandes are those niggas. In terms of numbers KDB has to be that guy. It's not even close. KDB was the best player in the league this season

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

This is false. Ibime only argued your claim that UK government is shielding Diezani. He even later posted an article showing how Nigerian government were the ones who were actively avoiding trying to extradite her.

There's nobody that knows anything about money that doesn't know that London is the HQ of money laundering.

There were two narratives upon which we argued then.
The 1st was my supposition that the UK aids and fosters corruption in Nigeria. Which i used Allison's case as an example (although erroneously).

The 2nd was that the UK was the global headquarters for money laundering, to which he also disagreed which led me to even back my claim with video evidence.
So you're clearly not in possession of the complete facts here.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
donjazet:

The 1st was my supposition that the UK aids and fosters corruption in Nigeria. Which i used Allison's case as an example (although erroneously).

The 2nd was that the UK was the global headquarters for money laundering, to which he also disagreed which led me to even back my claim with video evidence.

After your erroneous first point, you tried scattergun approach by throwing mud all over the place to see what would stick including pointing at London as money laundering capital.

London is no different from Maitama, Banana Island, New York or Dubai. Where you have strong asset prices and a strong financial system, people will want to invest both good and bad. It is not up to UK Government to turn Inspector Clouseau on every single dollar of the billions that flow in from all over the world. If your home Government complain about someone investing in London, then UK Government will take it up.

Pointing at London as the cause of your woes is equivalent to accusing a roadside eatery of sustaining kidnappers because everyone patronise the mamaput from schoolteachers to kidnappers.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
swiz123:
lol but he would definitely make Barca first XI cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

So if everyone is running for 90 minutes, why is it Henderson that was singled out...ahead of even Trent Beckham?

Stop it abeg. In terms of pure impact on a club's fortunes, KDB and Bruno Fernandes are those niggas. In terms of numbers KDB has to be that guy. It's not even close. KDB was the best player in the league this season
I've never said anywhere that Hendo is better than KDB. I've only said we underrate his contributions to the team success. How do you want me to type this again? Make I send vn?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lmao

Henderson over kdb? Talk about maximum fhuckery grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
eph12:

I've never said anywhere that Hendo is better than KDB. I've only said we underrate his contributions to the team success. How do you want me to type this again? Make I send vn?

Nobody is underrating Henderson.

We are complaining about how Henderson won FWA award.

Do you want me to send you vn?

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
donjazet:

Do you want me to repost those posts?

Because that day even BlueRayDick tackled you on that exact point.

You said UK government is hiding diezani. Ibime said nah, Naija government are the ones that are refusing to pursue extradition.

You then said UK is money laundering capital of the world....Ibime did not even answer that, because that wasn't the argument.

BlueRayDick was the one that now came and said wetin consign diezani matter with money laundering, especially as it was already proven that it wasn't UK government that was shielding her.

I am very much in possession of all the facts here.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Best player cos of 19assists that ozil did in January and was not in contention for team of the year not to talk of PFA..

Hendo has more impact to LFC than kdb,city won quadruple without him last season and they never looked out of place with him,the stats are there...

Arsenal just like city came distant 2nd,ozil has the same stats as kdb if you remove kdb penalty goals but there was not this much outcry cos Liverpool was not involve....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Nobody is underrating Henderson.

We are complaining about how Henderson won FWA award.

Do you want me to send you vn?
Hendo shouldn't be winning that, I no need vn for that. He's been key for lfc this season however
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
eph12:

Hendo shouldn't be winning that, I no need vn for that. He's been key for lfc this season however

Who cares if he has been key in the Henderson household?

Eph behave yourself before I call Vardy for you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Henderson is licking yall tear grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
macjireh:

and I say we are scared.....pls don't torment us more na cheesy

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
Lmao

Henderson over kdb? Talk about maximum fhuckery grin

Kante won an award over Diego Costa...a bigger fvckery
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Herbiedeen:
are you the one that planted him into Madrid's first XI??

Even if he's there, your EPL best player would watch him play from the bench
Check madrid most used XI dis season...to say valverde would bench Henderson is ludicrous and plain ignorant...perhaps you're a madrid fanboy sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Who cares if he has been key in the Henderson household?

Eph behave yourself before I call Vardy for you.
This vardy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
I blame fraudiola,this Liverpool boy don find his voice after spending 50 years in the wilderness grin

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ibime:

After your erroneous first point, you tried scattergun approach by throwing mud all over the place to see what would stick including pointing at London as money laundering capital.

London is no different from Maitama, Banana Island, New York or Dubai. Where you have strong asset prices and a strong financial system, people will want to invest both good and bad. It is not up to UK Government to turn Inspector Clouseau on every single dollar of the billions that flow in from all over the world. If your home Government complain about someone investing in London, then UK Government will take it up.
Pointing at London as the cause of your woes is equivalent to accusing a roadside eatery of sustaining kidnappers because everyone patronise the mamaput from schoolteachers to kidnappers.

It wasn't a scatter gun approach. The crux of my conjecture which you countered that day was that the UK is complicit in the corruption that is perpetuated in our society today.

You seem to be verily ignorant of this.
One day when i do have the luxury of time, I would post a catalogue of excerpts, articles, links and videos of this to eradicate your doubt once and for all or perhaps even open a thread on this.
It takes a certain level of naivete to think that British colonialism and control over our government totally ended upon our independence.

Go and study upon the history and role of shell in Nigeria's economic governance. Have you read of the role shell played in making sure Festus okotie eboh became Nigeria's first financial minister?
Have you read up on Dr. Azikiwes corruption scandal in the 80's? You are naive if you think the UK doesn't aid corruption in Africa.
I'll list some other bullet points for you.

Did you know that shell (today now known as Royal Dutch shell) has been the largest company in Europe for decades. Run in partnership with the British government.
Did you know that Shell discovered and built refineries in Nigeria?
Did you know that shell still has a 30% stake today in Nigeria's gross oil income?
Did you know that Shell until the 70s had the ultimate decision making of oil well allocation in our country?
Go and read up British neocolonialism in Africa.

Secondly, you seem to be in astute denial that the UK is the global headquarters for money laundering. I can't even begin to delve into that with you and be a pedagogue. You need to go and learn that yourself or continue to be in denial. One question though, Why do you think London is called the financial capital of the world?
At least nihilist knows this.

nihilistjnr:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Mane gets my vote.

Dayo calls most of these awards "Polling Booth" and you know what, He actually has a valid point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

I'm not like those you'll bully to keep quiet .
Ngolo Kante was among the best 3 midfielders in the world, well before Sarri changed his position and nagging hamstring injuries besets him.

His immense physical strength saw him won more premier league duels than any other midfielder in the EPL 2016/2017 season. Your hyped Henderson couldn't muster 100 duels despite being taller .

His game reading ability is top notch : Ngolo careful ability to read a game before throwing a tackle was evident from 2015 till date with no red card something you supposed best player 'Henderson' cannot boast of.

He's very good at winning the ball back higher up the field which has helped not only Leicester and Chelsea to win games but the French national team. If you're still in doubt watch their world cup matches .

You said he cannot dribble, please go to YouTube and watch his first goal against Man united where he left two united players for dead before scoring.
And again you said I shouldn't mention interception and tackles but what role does a defensive midfielder does more than these ?

If you're not good at what you do, Winners like Claudio Ranieri, Antonio conte, Paul Pogba, Arsene wenger ,Casameiro, Sergio Busquets and Didier Deschamps won't wax lyrical about you.

Tell me the coach or fellow players who has called JORDAN HENDERSON world class if not the British media . He's played well, led his club to win elite competitions but that just it about him.

He wins duels grin like say football na gidigbo.....outdated style wey Spain,Germany,Italy,guardiola,klopp etc don leave behind....he wants to use injuries to cover Kante two poor seasons like hendo is not the more injury prone amongst them two...

Go check your facts,Kante has more cards in the last 3years than hendo....

Una just dey shalaye,make Una bring Kante stats come out,make we trash am grin....football mo Farah.....

Liverpool plays more attack than leceister,Chelsea under conte who always invited pressure and lunch a fast break or counter attack so how do you expect hendo to have a lot of duels like the Liverpool Vs arsenal match for example where doing all the playing...guy you dunno ball grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Do you want me to repost those posts?

Because that day even BlueRayDick tackled you on that exact point.

You said UK government is hiding diezani. Ibime said nah, Naija government are the ones that are refusing to pursue extradition.

You then said UK is money laundering capital of the world....Ibime did not even answer that, because that wasn't the argument.
BlueRayDick was the one that now came and said wetin consign diezani matter with money laundering, especially as it was already proven that it wasn't UK government that was shielding her.
I am very much in possession of all the facts here.

Simply go back to this my post and B clarified on this issue.

donjazet:

You clearly didn't understand the discourse else you wouldn't post this nonsense.
You can see from my first post which you quoted that I made 3 points.

1. That diezani was hiding in London for a long time despite being corrupt.
2. That the British government influences corruption in african governments.

3. That Nigeria has not received adequate compensation for the oil spill damage caused by Shell in the Niger delta.

He addressed the first issue and I accepted his stance because I intended to check up on the issue later, he then went further to defend the British government and it's role in Africa which I vehemently opposed.

He seemed to be white washing Britain's dark history here and falsely thought that I was blaming only Britain for corruption.

So you can see how the discussion evolved from deiziani to British corruption.

Please read and understand accurately before making these kind of summations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
I blame fraudiola,this Liverpool boy don find his voice after spending 50 years in the wilderness grin

Fraudiola is the reason we are European and world champions too?

I blame the UK for accepting Abrahamovic dirty money....if Hushpuppi wasn't too greedy he could have cleaned his money like Abrahamovic and his cases and fraud history would be wiped off..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9381) (9382) (9383) (9384) (9385) (9386) (9387) ... (19263) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Elnino4ladies, ForValour and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.