Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10433203 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9736) (9737) (9738) (9739) (9740) (9741) (9742) ... (19108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

The young shall grow. I'm currently in hospital. My son climbed dining table this morning and fell on his head. As we picked him him up, expecting his cry, instead he fell silent and went into seizure and stopped breathing like a boxer about to die in the ring. The fear wey catch me. We gave him CPR and called ambulance. Luckily he caught his wind and regained consciousness after 3 or 4 minutes. After 2 or 3 hours in hospital he was back to his normal self and CT scan cleared him of brain bleed. We will be discharged soon. This made me reflect on the innocents whose lives became punchlines here a few days ago. It is completely unacceptable, and also unacceptable to accuse a father of molesting his children. Nothing scares in life more than losing children, and nothing offends a father more than being accused of being improper with his children, or mocking the death of children.

Shoot! Quite scary, thank God he is better now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
donjazet:
some people are damn crazy in this life.
https://twitter.com/TheVyralTrendz/status/1299337852996792320

WTF! These guys no just get sense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
elrony:

How long will you claim 22? grin grin

Until I turn 23
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

The young shall grow. I'm currently in hospital. My son climbed dining table this morning and fell on his head. As we picked him him up, expecting his cry, instead he fell silent and went into seizure and stopped breathing like a boxer about to die in the ring. The fear wey catch me. We gave him CPR and called ambulance. Luckily he caught his wind and regained consciousness after 3 or 4 minutes. After 2 or 3 hours in hospital he was back to his normal self and CT scan cleared him of brain bleed. We will be discharged soon. This made me reflect on the innocents whose lives became punchlines here a few days ago. It is completely unacceptable, and also unacceptable to accuse a father of molesting his children. Nothing scares in life more than losing children, and nothing offends a father more than being accused of being improper with his children, or mocking the death of children.
Sorry about this bro. I pray for complete healing. Iru e o ni sele mo.

I hope you give him this story many years later like they did for me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
airmark:

grin

666 comes to mind.

grin

Na why I be man of peace now, I no too dey find trouble make dem no go knack me for head scatter head wey survive injury that time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

This your post got me to further think of how lucky you are to be in an advanced country that values the health of it's citizens and has a fully functional emergency response system.

Here, people have lost their lives over incidents even smaller than this.

Following your story, you are indeed lucky to have been in a country where, immediately the incident happened, the ambulance was there in no time to provide emergency health services and transport him to a nearby hospital equipped with CT scans and all other Medical paraphernalia that eventually saved his life plus the well qualified health practitioners on hand. I really envy you bro.

Your son's survival story just took me back to my own sister's death account, she was alive for more than one hour after her crash but bled out to death because people couldn't bring her out of the crashed car but worse than that was that the nearby health center, her body was eventually taken too was not what deserves to be called a health center but a death center. The place didn't even have basic medical apparatus for handling emergencies, showing that people in need of emergencies die unnecessarily here.

Truly brother, you are blessed to have escaped this hellhole. My ultimate ambition na to join una there one day.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
This Havertz announcement na wa o. Are they planning on making a movie out of it. The first €100m German footballer undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
BlueAngel444:
This Havertz announcement na wa o. Are they planning on making a movie out of it. The first €100m German footballer undecided

They say he has passed his medical already

12 days to start of season, these people should do and hurry up abeg

Haven't been this excited since God knows when.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
nihilistjnr:

They say he has passed his medical already
12 days to start of season, these people should do and hurry up abeg
Haven't been this excited since God knows when.

I have erased my own part. I emplore you to reciprocate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Zoomx(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Skimpledawg:
You caged victim of Jezebel mocked by the Midianites, who hath released you?

undecided
Hahaha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
BlueAngel444:

I just weak.

Maybe they want to do a Netflix special as announcement undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

Please take this advice very seriously!

Now, while seizure is a natural way of reacting to extreme changes, I will definitely advice you and madam to take him back to the hospital/ a neuro specifically after 2 weeks just to make sure everything is still okay. Detail with the neuro preferably what happened and how he has been since the incident and then take it from there.

Keep a close eye for abnormal behaviors especially body movements in the coming days...Except there are changes to his baseline behavior wait until 2 weeks before setting up the appointment with a neuro.

I am not trying to raise your anxiety any further but I am speaking from a professional standpoint especially in children who have higher tolerance levels.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

Mehn, this is scary. Thank God he is fine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Chelsea will announce him this week and he'd resume with Werner and Rudiger after the international matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

Now, while seizure is a natural way of reacting to extreme changes, I will definitely advice you and madam to take him back to the hospital/ a neuro specifically after 2 weeks just to make sure everything is still okay. Detail with the neuro preferably what happened and how he has been since the incident and then take it from there.

Keep a close eye for abnormal behaviors especially body movements in the coming days...Except there are changes to his baseline behavior wait until 2 weeks before setting up the appointment with a neuro.

I am not trying to raise your anxiety any further but I am speaking from a professional standpoint especially in children who have higher tolerance levels.

Ibime hearken to this professional advice. I'll bet my testicles that afrodoc2 can't give this, he's just busy selling agbo in Australia. angry angry

33 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Griffon:

Ibime hearken to this professional advice. I'll bet my testicles that afrodoc2 can't give this, he's just busy selling agbo in Australia. angry angry

Wtf see random shot grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bville02:

Chelsea will announce him this week and he'd resume with Werner and Rudiger after the international matches.
Rudi what?
Ru digger ko Rudi knife ni

That guy should Sekpe for now cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
Griffon:

Bloody hell grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
Griffon:

Your family too believe in agbo. Your current condition in life is because your mother tried to flush you out of her system with agbo.

Most of your brain flush throway. Na vestigial tissue you dey take operate.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

Your family too believe in agbo. Your current condition in life is because your mother tried to flush you out of her system with agbo.

Most of your brain flush throway. Na vestigial tissue you dey take operate.

You still get washing and setting or you don run out of stocks?

I wan help you supply to some guys in Effurun, Delta State angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

Thanks. I will do this on private Insurance as NHS have discharged him with no follow up booked.

Does the Neuro test involve CT scan or is it just cognitive tests?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
Griffon be careful O, u no get elder for house? AfroDoc no mind Griffon, he was just on his mindless behavior.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Wtf see random shot grin grin

This thread just cold anyhow, man gahs to light up da place cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

Thanks. I will do this on private Insurance as NHS have discharged him with no follow up booked.

Does the Neuro test involve CT scan or is it just cognitive tests?

Please look for a pediatric one if you can before settling for anyone, they are quite scarce.
He/ she will make that determination based on your story and observation of your son but I doubt cognitive, I mean it can be part but not the primary.

An EEG (Electroencephalogram) will be the more probable approach than CT. The CT scan done at the ER looked for signs of trauma in your son’s head, not necessarily extensive abnormalities in electrical activities in the brain which is what you need to capture considering he had a seizure.

That EEG will look for abnormalities in electrical activities in the brain which is what triggers seizures.

Again, just stay calm, you are just making sure everything is fine after that incident. It’s better to do it this way than be caught unawares.

Children are very very different from adults when it comes to their care.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

Please look for a pediatric one if you can before settling for anyone, they are quite scarce.
He/ she will make that determination based on your story and observation of your son but I doubt cognitive, I mean it can be part but not the primary.

An EEG (Electroencephalogram) will be the more probable test: approach than CT. The CT scan done at the ER looked for signs of trauma in your son’s head, not necessarily extensive abnormalities in electrical activities in the brain which is what you need to capture considering he had a seizure.

That EEG will look for abnormalities in electrical activities in the brain which is what triggers seizures.

OK would you class getting knocked out and your hands going in the air and fingers and toes curling on each other as a seizure or just a bad knock-out?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibime:

OK would you class getting knocked out and your hands going in the air and fingers and toes curling on each other as a seizure or just a bad knock-out?

Signs/symptoms are unique for everyone. Did you know blank stares with dilated pupils is a type of seizure activity? That means someone can be seated in a calm state and be seizing?
Others have strong involuntary movements that causes tremors. I may be wrong but what you just described does sound like a strong seizure activity which caused by the shock especially if he hit his head like you described in your original post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

An EEG (Electroencephalogram) will be the more probable approach than CT. The CT scan done at the ER looked for signs of trauma in your son’s head, not necessarily extensive abnormalities in electrical activities in the brain which is what you need to capture considering he had a seizure.

Again, just stay calm, you are just making sure everything is fine after that incident. It’s better to do it this way than be caught unawares.

Children are very very different from adults when it comes to their care.

This info is not 100%.

If what happened was a true seizure then it was an early post traumatic seizure which was due to the direct trauma.
CT or MRI is the study of choice in this scenario as there was nothing wrong with the brain before.

The situation where EEG would come in is if it was 1) a delayed seizure (happening much later after the head injury) or 2) it was a prolonged seizure ( e.g status epilepticus) lasting about 10mins or more) or 3) The seizures become recurrent.

In a purely early post traumatic seizure there is nothing wrong with the electrical wiring of the brain so EEG is unlikely to be of much value.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
afrodoc2:

This info is not 100%.

If what happened was a true seizure then it was an early post traumatic seizure which was due to the direct trauma.
CT or MRI is the study of choice in this scenario as there was nothing wrong with the brain before.

The situation where EEG would come in is if it was 1) a delayed seizure (happening much later after the head injury) or 2) it was a prolonged seizure ( e.g status epilepticus) lasting about 10mins or more) or 3) The seizures become recurrent.

In a purely early post traumatic seizure there is nothing wrong with the electrical wiring of the brain so EEG is unlikely to be of much value.

I respect this opinion 100%. I am all about caution especially since it is a child.

That being said, did you forget to read where I said it would be the prerogative of the neuro to make the determination of a EEG test based on @ibime’s story and observations after the incident?

Did you forget the part where I said @ibime should keep an eye for abnormal behaviors outside of his baseline?

Did you not read where I said he should wait for at least 2 weeks? Why do you think I made that suggestion?

Medicine is preventative first before curative. A CT scan would not capture electrical activities. Seizure activities are triggered from the brain.. The EEG does not test any other part of the body like a CT scan would and that is a big difference.

Let me tell you that a 1 minute seizure activity can cause as much damage on the body like a 10 minute seizure especially when it is a new incident. It does not have be recurring for it to raise concern.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Omo my brain would explode if I even began to understand what these two learned gentlemen were talking about.

Dammnnn

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Roland17:

I respect this opinion 100%. I am all about caution especially since it is a child.

That being said, did you forget to read where I said it would be the prerogative of the neuro to make the determination of a EEG test based on @ibime’s story and observations after the incident?

Did you forget the part where I said @ibime should keep an eye for abnormal behaviors outside of his baseline?

Did you not read where I said he should wait for at least 2 weeks? Why do you think I made that suggestion?

Medicine is preventative first before curative. A CT scan would not capture electrical activities. Seizure activities are triggered from the brain.. The EEG does not test any other part of the body like a CT scan would and that is a big difference.

Let me tell you that a 1 minute seizure activity can cause as much damage on the body like a 10 minute seizure especially when it is a new incident. It does not have be recurring for it to raise concern.

Ok
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Botfuss: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
grin grin when you know this will snowball into something else. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
Botfuss:
grin grin when you know this will snowball into something else. grin

Lol. No disrespect was meant. I was an ED Registrar and i understand completely why Neurology follow up was not organized. They must/should have told Ibime to see his GP though.

As alarming as what he described seems it did not qualify as severe head injury and likely barely qualified for that CT sef. Before discharge 2 teams headed by an Emergency Physician and a Paediatrician would have discussed and come to the conclusion that there was no need for further Neurology follow up.

In the absence of further seizure or seizure-like activity EEG is of limited value. It is used to find out why someone is having more seizures. If there are no more seizures what are you doing it for then?

If the child is not back to a 100% in a few weeks as demonstrated by headaches, sleepiness, vomiting, poor co-ordination e.t.c or if the Neurologist has any concerns he would most likely move to MRI which would be of more value at that point. It will tell you if there is a small bleed in the brain missed by the earlier CT or if there is cerebral oedema i.e brain swelling or any other structural problem.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9736) (9737) (9738) (9739) (9740) (9741) (9742) ... (19108) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), raumdeuter, hatakekakashi, StarchAndBanga, Oasis007(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.