Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10520596 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9782) (9783) (9784) (9785) (9786) (9787) (9788) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
BlueMann:

Let the new guys settle in fast sha. That could be pivotal in hindsight.

Indeed. I have only two concerns right now, one is how fast the new players will be able to settle down and adapt, Silva hasn't even stepped foot at Stamford Bridge yet. The second is if Lampard will be capable of managing such a large squad. How will he pacify players like Giroud, jorginho, Christensen, azpi etc. Some of whom would be hoping to play enough to be called up for the Euro's. I just hope lamps is a good man-manager.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
larride:
EPL is resuming this week, let me remind us of the golden rule again.

Banter will touch everyone during the course of the season, don’t take it personal. When it’s your turn to receive banter, either log out or wail in peace.

No personal insult
No “obsessed” talk
No “rent free” talk

Take your banter with joy and pray to Obantala to give you the opportunity to bant your rival.

Skimpledawg you hear? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danielnino00(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Join our Whatsapp football group for football discussions,updates, highlights,and more..

https:///Fbkb4BluUUe4icq1VeJqYE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Griffon:

The standard metric to adjudge a player has always been consistency. Consistency in goal scoring, assists and overall performance.

I cringe when I read craps like "He isn't a top player b'cos he doesn't perform in big games". That criterion alone doesn't make one a top player, rather how consistent they've been with other metrics I.e goals, assists etc.

Fabregas is among the best midfielders in the world, however, he loses his guile at the most crucial part of the season. February-June is the festive period of the Champions League; the knock-outs. And he almost always fails to deliver when it is needed the most. Should we now say he's a fraud cos of that alone?

Ibrahimovic has won almost everything there is to win at club level – except for the holiest trophies of them all: the Champions League. Should we now adjudge him by that failure?

Don't read those craps Dayo and some scummies post about UCL this, World Cup that. The only metric that count most is CONSISTENCY. Let's stick to that.
Yeah. Chelsea fans are immune to amalametrics syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
If you like make Una form nairaland FIFA. Who the gods have pointed out must be roasted.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
This guy, only in pictures is already looking better than Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
odizeey:
If you like make Una form nairaland FIFA. Who the gods have pointed out must be roasted.
cry so which of the gods pointed out Van de beek inside Jorginho's pocket tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
TalabiAudu:
This guy, only in pictures is already looking better than Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori

cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Ampadu has zero chance of starting in midfield, where he would be competing with Norwood for the playmaker role.

He has a decent chance of ousting Chris basham from the RcB role though, if he applies himself correctly.
Ha! Ampadu is a dm or CB, can he function as a playmaker?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
when is the press conference so we can know if ziyech is okay
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
pamcode:
Ha! Ampadu is a dm or CB, can he function as a playmaker?

Well, what they use Norwood for is to ping 50 yard crossfield balls from deep to their overlapping wing backs.

Norwood is usually free to make that passes due to the formation, and I think Ampadu can do a job there

That's his only shot in midfield, as united play 2 box to box midfielders either side of their playmaker, and I don't think Ampadu can play that role
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Ampadu has zero chance of starting in midfield, where he would be competing with Norwood for the playmaker role.

He has a decent chance of ousting Chris basham from the RcB role though, if he applies himself correctly.

Norwood is also their set-piece taker. They are still rotating Lundstram and Berge so he can't play there either.

I just can't see them prioritising him over their tried and tested players, not even Basham, besides I feel he should forget about defence and focus on midfield. He is not tall or fast enough to be a World Class defender but has a chance of doing so at DM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
Saying thiago is a boss but underrating jorginho is funny. The difference is team and tactics. I dont know how a holding playmaker is to be expected to cover the whole world. Like Ibrahimovic said, it's like buying a Lamborghini or Ferrari and driving it like a Fiat.

Players like Jorginho and Fabregas shouldn't be expected to run 90mins 38epl games and not drop. I doubt even Pirlo would survive such. Lampard just needs to find a way (which doesn't include buying Rice to play DM). Jorginho needs an Allan to partner him, a fit Allan. See those passes abeg

https://mobile.twitter.com/cfctekZ/status/1301573321629118469

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
Skimpledawg:
I really hope for Lampards' sake that this Rice guy is good.

Honestly! I'm very very very skeptical about Rice and I really hope he proves me wrong if we sign him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Saying thiago is a boss but underrating jorginho is funny. The difference is team and tactics. I dont know how a holding playmaker is to be expected to cover the whole world. Like Ibrahimovic said, it's like buying a Lamborghini or Ferrari and driving it like a Fiat.

Players like Jorginho and Fabregas shouldn't be expected to run 90mins 38epl games and not drop. I doubt even Pirlo would survive such. Lampard just needs to find a way (which doesn't include buying Rice to play DM). Jorginho needs an Allan to partner him, a fit Allan. See those passes abeg

Are you still on this matter?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Rice is better than Ampadu, not even a debate

Jorginho time in that team is up, the earlier you people realize this. Even Gilmour is ahead the pecking order than Jorginho

Lampard want to play a 4-3-3 formation, a single 4 with two attacking 8’s
Havertz would most likely be playing 8 or 10 when we use a 4-2-3-1

If Kante injure, I hope he is not looking to anchor the midfield with Jorginho sha. I had Ampadu down as Kantes deputy for this season, unless he's planning to sign Rice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Well, what they use Norwood for is to ping 50 yard crossfield balls from deep to their overlapping wing backs.

Norwood is usually free to make that passes due to the formation, and I think Ampadu can do a job there

That's his only shot in midfield, as united play 2 box to box midfielders either side of their playmaker, and I don't think Ampadu can play that role
oh ok. Read on Twitter that Sheffield pushed for him since window opened, so I hope they give him the minutes to prove himself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ibime:

If Kante injure, I hope he is not looking to anchor the midfield with Jorginho sha. I had Ampadu down as Kantes deputy for this season, unless he's planning to sign Rice.
Lamps would play Gilmour ahead of Jorginho self
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lamps would play Gilmour ahead of Jorginho self

Gilmour is still out for two months. Besides Gilmour may still be physically suspect to play with two no8s
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
Covid19 is the new injury in football. Mbappe don follow catch am. The list just keeps growing everyday. Wetin dey do all these players sef? It's like they all just threw caution to the wind in the offseason and stopped following safety protocols.

I just hope this shiit doesn't blow up into something else.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Make person dey jumpleap because they wan give you High 5 shocked grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Even if Chelsea is ready to sell Jorginho. Which team will buy him?

Eee be like say we don enter one chance on top Jorginho matter oo

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
This Italy - Netherlands game don dey hot...Italy defending with their lives
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
No one should ever put Jorginho in the same sentence as Thiago. Abeg, levels dey.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Great analysis on jorginho there. I have always said jorginho is a good player who didn't fit into our team efficiently. Let's see if he would blend in well with this new team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Lana1:
Make person dey jumpleap because they wan give you High 5 shocked grin grin

What if you they leap to reach Tanko's hand and Fall?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
pkasso:
Covid19 is the new injury in football. Mbappe don follow catch am. The list just keeps growing everyday. Wetin dey do all these players sef? It's like they all just threw caution to the wind in the offseason and stopped following safety protocols.

I just hope this shiit doesn't blow up into something else.

Seriously, nawa for them o. They should be fined for breaching protocol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
BlueMann:
This Italy - Netherlands game don dey hot...Italy defending with their lives
Na Glo you dey use?? grin grin Game wey dey don finish since.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
donjazet:

Indeed. I have only two concerns right now, one is how fast the new players will be able to settle down and adapt, Silva hasn't even step foot at Stamford Bridge yet. The second is if Lampard will be capable of managing such a large squad. How will he pacify players like Giroud, jorginho, Christensen, azpi etc. Some of which would be hoping to play enough to be called up for the Euro's. I just hope lamps is a good man-manager.

I hope so too.

Its funny how the situation has changed drastically sha...in his first season, he was tasked with managing a squad with a number of inexperienced youngsters. The very next season, he's now tasked with managing a squad filled with quality players.

He passed the first test. I hope he aces this one as well.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
pkasso:
Na Glo you dey use?? grin grin Game wey dey don finish since.

embarassed

I weak...no be Glo sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ibunkun1:

Seriously, nawa for them o. They should be fined for breaching protocol
I tire o. All through the restart, there were zero cases. Season finish like this, dem just jonze. Imagine Neymar and co holidaying in Ibiza in the middle of a fuccking pandemic. In the Ligue one, if a team has more than 4 cases, their game gets postponed. The fixture list chaos no go be here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
eph12:

Skimpledawg you hear? grin
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9782) (9783) (9784) (9785) (9786) (9787) (9788) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HOMOTOYOSI10, A001 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.