Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,199 members, 7,845,954 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (70974 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by EfemenaXY: 1:54pm On May 31, 2012
Interesting stuff you've got here Daily News.

Is this club of yours only open to Nigerians based in Naija?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 31, 2012
Efemena_xy: Interesting stuff you've got here Daily News.

Is this club of yours only open to Nigerians based in Naija?

Nope...has never been...if you go through the mission statement from beginning, it was for all Nigerians across all nations of the woorld. So if you would love to join, kindly let me know as soon as possible by sending me an email indicating your country of residence before we can forward the forms to you because we want to flag it off officially in all chosen locations at the same time....till I hear from you. email me at: dailyy.newss@gmail.com. Again, the forms are downloadable on this site, just check and find where Emyo uploaded it in his last post. You are warmly welcome.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by EfemenaXY: 2:17pm On May 31, 2012
Thanks.

But so far, all your zonal meetings are based in Naija. How do you intend to include those based offshore?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 31, 2012
Efemena_xy: Thanks.

But so far, all your zonal meetings are based in Naija. How do you intend to include those based offshore?
Yes, I was trying to tell one guy, Musa by name, who indicated interest in joining the association, but made mention of the fact that he resides in Liver pool, so I tried letting him know that we are equally planning on having international launch of the association, especially in uk and usa for now...so maybe it all depends on how ambitious and dtermined you guys are in joining this great movement...if truly you guys are interested and want to make it a reality, then we can see how far we can go...and at least with the internet and social network sites, we won't have any difficulty. but as soon as the launching is over, subsequent meetings will be compulsory for members to attend at least once every year or lose their active membership and rights.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2012
We realy growing. Am afraid GEJ met wake-up one morning to change this club, to a chinase country. I would change my name 4rm emyo to Shashu, tel me what chinase name u prefer?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 4:06pm On May 31, 2012
@emyo, ching kong fo looks gud on u
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 31, 2012
Lol... I'd still retain my 1st name, so it would be Phoebe Lee... Thumbs up guys, this is really a great move towards bringing out the best in us, likewise others out there... Keep the fire burning!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 31, 2012
Phiozy: Lol... I'd still retain my 1st name, so it would be Phoebe Lee... Thumbs up guys, this is really a great move towards bringing out the best in us, likewise others out there... Keep the fire burning!

Funny folks....I love the light humours...smiles. Anyway, we are really working hard to make this dream come true because I am well convinced that this very move will expose & uplift so many hidden/undiscovered talents in Nigeria. But all these and more can only happen if we jointly work together with faith, ambition & passion towards the actualization of this amazing dream. Pls do spread the news, click on the facebook fan page & like it, you can as well share it on your facebook wall status, and encourage all those who indicated interest to pls submit their forms on time to enable us appoint zonal coordinators & other organizers against our zonal meetings & official launching coming soonest! Pls have u returned your own form? Do so if u have not. Cheers!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 7:33pm On May 31, 2012
Uniquexty: Peaceworld, i'l do dat. Besides, i tried downloading d new logo bt it seems impossible.....
Wonder why...it's just a couple of kilobytes...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 7:49pm On May 31, 2012
DailyNews:
I am already doing that, and pls you too and others should try and do same; share it on your facebook walls and like it too....we're moving!
OK, doing just that right now. Also may I remind you about the designer for the website. Please here is a link to one of his designs
http://taiagro.com/
Trust me, he is that good. Really, check out the site and please get back to me.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 31, 2012
Daily News, my email is onyejiokem@yahoo.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 31, 2012
onyejiokem: Daily News, my email is onyejiokem@yahoo.com

You will receive an email containing the form & other vital info soon, pls kindly download it, fill the form correctly & submit back through the email that sent you the form. Make sure you submit your completed form before 7th june if u truly want to be a part of us.

@EMYO, pls take note & do send him the forms since he cannot download the one you attached her. kindly email him. You are welcome!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:22pm On May 31, 2012
DailyNews:

You will receive an email containing the form & other vital info soon, pls kindly download it, fill the form correctly & submit back through the email that sent you the form. Make sure you submit your completed form before 7th june if u truly want to be a part of us.

@EMYO, pls take note & do send him the forms since he cannot download the one you attached her. kindly email him. You are welcome!
DailyNews, checked out the sitte yet? I know we're not yet ready to get a website, but I think this is the right time to get someone who can do a good job, dont u think? At least, see what he can do...smiley smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2012
Peaceworld:
OK, doing just that right now. Also may I remind you about the designer for the website. Please here is a link to one of his designs
http://taiagro.com/
Trust me, he is that good. Really, check out the site and please get back to me.

The site is cool, just that the logo graphic is somewhat poor, but I like the design. We will surely need a nice site after our official launch, but like how much should be our budget for a professional site that can allow us carry out certain activities such as: containing all member profiles including pic, short story & poetry section, archives, events with photo gallery, manuscript submission with database management, and some other minor stuffs? Like how much should we be looking at for such a site that will also load very fast?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2012
DailyNews:

The site is cool, just that the logo graphic is somewhat poor, but I like the design. We will surely need a nice site after our official launch, but like how much should be our budget for a professional site that can allow us carry out certain activities such as: containing all member profiles including pic, short story & poetry section, archives, events with photo gallery, manuscript submission with database management, and some other minor stuffs? Like how much should we be looking at for such a site that will also load very fast?
OK...will get back to you on this...but my friend wasn't the guy who did the logo...he got it from the owners of the website before embarking on the site design. It's just the design we're talking of here. The logo is an image that can always be modified. Will get back to you on your questions...tk
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Peaceworld:
Wonder why...it's just a couple of kilobytes...
i've done dat. It was jst a little network problem
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2012
I lyk wot we are doing. Daily news, talking abt a patron, do u buy d idea? If u do, wil u lyk Elechi Amadi? I can contact him. Pls get back 2 me. Tnx. All hands are really on deck. A great team
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2012
Uniquexty: I lyk wot we are doing. Daily news, talking abt a patron, do u buy d idea? If u do, wil u lyk Elechi Amadi? I can contact him. Pls get back 2 me. Tnx. All hands are really on deck. A great team

Sure, he will be nice to have...and I am also working towards bringing Achebe or Chimamanda to attend our official launch. pls do contact him, so we can have more chances of getting one to patron the association. I am really happy having such an ambitious lady like you among us. We really love & appreciate u uniquexty!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2012
DailyNews:

Sure, he will be nice to have...and I am also working towards bringing Achebe or Chimamanda to attend our official launch. pls do contact him, so we can have more chances of getting one to patron the association. I am really happy having such an ambitious lady like you among us. We really love & appreciate u uniquexty!
Uniquexty good job girl. DailyNews spreading the word on facebook like wildfire! Will do better if I have admin status, though...just my humble opinion... cool
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by etunoman76(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
@DailyNews, im in. pls send me info - gsmmayakis@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
etunoman76: @DailyNews, im in. pls send me info - gsmmayakis@yahoo.com. thanks
here is the info. Hope to see to form soon sent to naija.writersclub@gmail.com

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Scotoma(m): 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hi guys, I love this initiative and I'm in. My email is: scotomaric@gmail.com. Thks.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by owhizkid: 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
@daily news... pls wat is d fan page again
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 02, 2012
owhizkid: @daily news... pls wat is d fan page again

Click on this link, & it will automatically take u to the fan page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Association-of-Young-Writers-Poets/370528896338554
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 02, 2012
Peaceworld:
Uniquexty good job girl. DailyNews spreading the word on facebook like wildfire! Will do better if I have admin status, though...just my humble opinion... cool
u deserve any tool u desire or need, so ask & It shall be given unto u! lol
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Dubemkelly(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2012
Wow! This is indeed a welcomed development...I luv da brain behind d initiation of this association where young people can rub minds 2geda, improve on their writing skills nd discuss issues affecting the Nigerian child. On this note,I wud like 2 bcum a member of the club. I'm currently an undergraduate of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-ife,in my 1st year,studying English nd Literary Studies. My e-mail address is rockwithdubem@yahoo.com, 290270A9 is my BBM pin.Hoping 2 hear 4rm the club. Stay focused!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Dubemkelly: Wow! This is indeed a welcomed development...I luv da brain behind d initiation of this association where young people can rub minds 2geda, improve on their writing skills nd discuss issues affecting the Nigerian child. On this note,I wud like 2 bcum a member of the club. I'm currently an undergraduate of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-ife,in my 1st year,studying English nd Literary Studies. My e-mail address is rockwithdubem@yahoo.com, 290270A9 is my BBM pin.Hoping 2 hear 4rm the club. Stay focused!
You are gladly welcome, pls find the attached membership form on this forum, u can find it where a member here known as Emyo, who also happens to be a pioneer member, uploaded the forms for easy access. Just go through the last & second to the last page of this thread & find Emyo's post & check at the bottom of his post to download the form & fill correctly, and then submit the filled form to this email: naija.writersclub@gmail.com pls be fast in returning your form because membership will soon close, latest 7th of june 2012 to enable us begin proper planning. For now, do take care of yourself & do also visit the association's facebook fan page by clicking on this link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Association-of-Young-Writers-Poets/370528896338554 and then click on the "like" button found on the fan page so that u can be receiving updates on the association's latest events.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
The night bids the day goodbye.
Some say, the day bids the night goodbye.
Whichever way, we are all from God.
Without, we who will glorief God.
The day can not do without the night.
The black gave the whites this hight.
Let be proud.
They are productive moulds,
without the dirt black to exploit.
Yes, its high time the night said,
my significant must be heard and said.

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by newacca: 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
It comes in Black.
It comes with coldness.
It comes with hotness.
It comes like flash.

Black and ugly weekend.
After the stressful week days.
The previous weeks were of struggles.
The present week is dark.

It comes through the air.
The land is not safe.
Water ways are stormy.
Rails are death trap.

Who are we to challenge him?
God is superior.
He is all knowing.
We can only thank him.

I am full of thoughts and questions.
I make wishes and prayers.
Though it will definitely happen to all.
Because it is inevitable.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Ikrumale(m): 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
@diamondwriter, am Ikrumale Gideon Monday i base in Ughelli Delta State, am sure it wouldn't be idea enough to choose Port Harcourt if there are not indications from that axis (Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa state.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 12:41am On Jun 04, 2012
Ikrumale: @diamondwriter, am Ikrumale Gideon Monday i base in Ughelli Delta State, am sure it wouldn't be idea enough to choose Port Harcourt if there are not indications from that axis (Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa state.
don't wory ni. Writers are sending back their forms. I wil pick dem all on 5th. And we inform u all d most populous region.
Tank u all as we progres.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (68) (Reply)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.