Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (70696 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Uniquexty: I want to assure everyone that we are not politically minded rather we are YANly minded. D election wil only help us become more orderly. About hatred and division? Seriously? If u see the money attached to each post, u'l see that all contestants wil stand unopposed and only members who have the interest of YAN at heart that wil contest. But let me ask o, what of members who cant afford that amount?

Exty, welcome....dear. See eh, that monetary attachment is very vital, and I believe every dedicated member can afford it, else the person ought not to be an exco in YAN for now. People thought being an executive in YAN implies coming to chop money like in most Nigerian govt. parastatals, nope...this is an NGO and our mission is to uplift ourselves via joint effort. So anyone planning to come to YAN to loot or squander money should have a rethink now, cos we even need funds to talk of sapping, lol. I trust you can afford the price tags, it is a kind of testing commitment. Remember, some pioneer members have invested a lot more than that commuting and carrying out certain duties delegated to them, so lets not talk about that one cos it is very necessary. In fact we need to explore all possible avenues we can to raise fund to start proper execution of our projects soonest!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by ujukala: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
ok
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2012
DailyNews:

There is South-South. If any of you guys truly want to join, kindly send an email with the heading or subject: I WANT TO JOIN YAN. Address it to Christianah Eke, and then be ready to respond in the least possible time and be ready too to pay the membership registration fee of 1000 naira via Christianah Eke's Bank account (which happens to be our temporary account for now). When your payment has been confirmed, you can then count yourself as a member, and after that, we will send you further instruction on how to go about your membership documentation. Thats the only way to JOIN this association for now, and with time, it will become stricter, so make the hay while the sun shine.

@sunical, we need more awareness before the election can hold, to get more people to vote, so we will be using this week to carry out more awareness campaign and sensitization on the election. For now, the constitution issue has been resolved, further amendment will be done later. Later I will be posting a guideline of how we will be operating from now onwards. We are going to be working on mandates or say deadline and the target will be set for each deadline, this is to awaken every sleeping member(s), so everyone, both intending members should wake up cos YAN will soon change course, soon, there won't be room again for laziness and passive members. its either you are an active contributing member or you are not a member. So to say, the election will be suspended for now till we are organized and united again to carry it out. pls I will be back with a more comprehensive guidelines. Thanks.

Of course election holds whenever we're ready, however, I will ensure Emyo is given the necessary roles/access to prepare the platform before time.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by lacosanostra: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
I really want to join chukwusamuel3@gmail.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by simdam500(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
@porter, this is interesting. I will like to be among the club, dis is an advantage for me but is it only for dis genre(s): fiction/non-fiction short stories, novellas, novel, poetry or drama only, what about motivational/inspirational books, cos i luv dat aspect. Yet, tanx for d advantage u ave given. I appreciate
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
simdam500: @porter, this is interesting. I will like to be among the club, dis is an advantage for me but is it only for dis genre(s): fiction/non-fiction short stories, novellas, novel, poetry or drama only, what about motivational/inspirational books, cos i luv dat aspect. Yet, tanx for d advantage u ave given. I appreciate
YAN is for all genres of writing. You are welcome. Please this is very important for those of you who have not registered. Note there's a registeration fee of N1000.00. Our ad hoc bank account number is

3031520345, Eke Christiana Nzie, First Bank of Nigeria PLC.

Follow these steps in order to become a member of YAN.
1. Go to the said bank and pay the non-refundable fee of N1000.00 into the said account number. Please save your teller number.
2. Next, send an email to naija.writersclub@gmail.com with 'MEMBERSHIP REQUEST' as your subject. Quote your teller number in the body of this email.

When we get verification from the bank that you have paid the non-refundable fee, and duly noted your teller number is correct, then the registration form will be forwarded to you within 24 hrs after this verification process.

3. When you fill the form that will be sent to you, send it back to naija.writersclub@gmail.com
Please attach a passport photograph and a copy of your drama, short story prose or poetry work to this second email. An email notifying you of your acceptance into YAN will be forwarded to you after this. Remain blessed.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Peaceworld:
YAN is for all genres of writing. You are welcome. Please this is very important for those of you who have not registered. Note there's a registeration fee of N1000.00. Our ad hoc bank account number is

1. Go to the said bank and pay the non-refundable fee of N1000.00 into the said account number. Please save your teller number.
2. Next, send an email to naija.writersclub@gmail.com with 'MEMBERSHIP REQUEST' as your subject. Quote your teller number in the body of this email.

When we get verification from the bank that you have paid the non-refundable fee, and duly noted your teller number is correct, then the registration form will be forwarded to you within 24 hrs after this verification process.

3. When you fill the form that will be sent to you, send it back to naija.writersclub@gmail.com
Please attach a passport photograph and a copy of your drama, short story prose or poetry work to this second email. An email notifying you of your acceptance into YAN will be forwarded to you after this. Remain blessed.
Good job...let all intending members follow the above instruction. You all are gladly welcome!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
DailyNews: Good job...let all intending members follow the above instruction. You all are gladly welcome!

Call me? We need to talk...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please download and share with your friends...

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by pearlhapi(f): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Wooooow this is really great!a great job uv got there{thumbs up}
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
Im intrested my email is harryflander@yahoo.com

i im also a movie writer and music producer
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by missblessiN(f): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
blessin006@yahoo.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by petokey: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Petokey1@gmail.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by dspices(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
love to join this club,my email:dspices36@gmail.com,fb id:olowookere oluwaseyi
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by seunpayne(m): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
@sunical I withdraw my offer. I hope to see the website soon and wish you luck in its creation. Hopefully it would dwarf that which I had in mind. I would however be cautious in offering my services in the future as I do not wish to see them scorned. Let YAN strive to attain the heights untold and may success be our lot.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by seunpayne(m): 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
@dailyNews I see we have made it to the frontpage. A position well deserved and long in its coming. I will advise that we change the original post to reflect the payment required of new members so as not to seem misleading. Just a thought though
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by 100Whykay(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nice one... Make me one of the pioneer members.. My email is: yhincasaac@yahoo.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please this is very important for those of you who have not registered. Note there's a registeration fee of N1000.00. Our ad hoc bank account number is

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please download and share...

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Titugirl(f): 12:56am On Sep 04, 2012
I'm interested.my email is atinukeademola2@gmail.com
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 04, 2012
seunpayne: @sunical I withdraw my offer. I hope to see the website soon and wish you luck in its creation. Hopefully it would dwarf that which I had in mind. I would however be cautious in offering my services in the future as I do not wish to see them scorned. Let YAN strive to attain the heights untold and may success be our lot.

No disrespect. If this were a private stuff, your claim that it would be completed in one week is enough for me to assume you won't be able to do the job. What we are looking at here is not a Drupal, Joomla, or Wordpress powered site or one framework-enabled site. We are working from scratch and there are so many advanced features involved, and some won't be added until we get a corporate bank account, etc.

You are the first web developer I've met that never asked of the features of a website, but keep insisting on the duration to complete it. It's funny. Do you know if we even have money to host it yet?

Please, if you want to lend a helping hand you are welcome. Most of us here have day jobs and we are doing our best to ensure YAN gets the time and commitment it needs to grow. But if you keep insisting you can complete the website in one week, I will keep having doubts about you.

If you are willing to help, drop your email here and I will contact you.

Thanks.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by seunpayne(m): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2012
sunical:

No disrespect. If this were a private stuff, your claim that it would be completed in one week is enough for me to assume you won't be able to do the job. What we are looking at here is not a Drupal, Joomla, or Wordpress powered site or one framework-enabled site. We are working from scratch and there are so many advanced features involved, and some won't be added until we get a corporate bank account, etc.

You are the first web developer I've met that never asked of the features of a website, but keep insisting on the duration to complete it. It's funny. Do you know if we even have money to host it yet?

Please, if you want to lend a helping hand you are welcome. Most of us here have day jobs and we are doing our best to ensure YAN gets the time and commitment it needs to grow. But if you keep insisting you can complete the website in one week, I will keep having doubts about you.

If you are willing to help, drop your email here and I will contact you.

Thanks.

You assume much and know too little. I require no framework information nor did I ever mention using a cms site. I'm the first web-developer going for a week? Well, I would have thought curiosity will at least allow you to see what I offered before you began casting your doubts. My offer stays withdrawn but just to answer questions you were to proud to ask.

I had a team standing by ready to work to your specification. I was willing to let YAN have their services so as to speed things up. Do your home work a bit before you put people down. My dad liked the idea and was willing to pay for everything...including the hosting. I never claimed anything. I just gave my word on something you failed to give me a chance to prove.

If this is the welcome you plan on giving future members who wish to help...well. I've said too much already. I will see this site you insulted me for and for your ego's sake I pray it was worth it. Let YAN make do.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2012
Ooo. I hate this. @sunical, this the best time we work with thread senitation. That why, we've fb private group and whatsapp group. You ve Seunpayne's email, talk over this in any of the medium.
Please, i dnt knw, but aleast 4 now, we are'nt paying anybody 4 any service. The sucex of YAN, IS OUR PAYCHECK. so let work like a team that we have always done. Sunical add him to d crew.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2012
Ooo. I hate this. @sunical, this the best time we work with thread senitation. That why, we've fb private group and whatsapp group. You ve Seunpayne's email, talk over this in any of the medium.
Please, i dnt knw, but aleast 4 now, we are'nt paying anybody 4 any service. The sucex of YAN, IS OUR PAYCHECK. so let work like a team that we have always done. Sunical add him to d crew..

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2012
seunpayne:

You assume much and know too little. I require no framework information nor did I ever mention using a cms site. I'm the first web-developer going for a week? Well, I would have thought curiosity will at least allow you to see what I offered before you began casting your doubts. My offer stays withdrawn but just to answer questions you were to proud to ask.

I had a team standing by ready to work to your specification. I was willing to let YAN have their services so as to speed things up. Do your home work a bit before you put people down. My dad liked the idea and was willing to pay for everything...including the hosting. I never claimed anything. I just gave my word on something you failed to give me a chance to prove.

If this is the welcome you plan on giving future members who wish to help...well. I've said too much already. I will see this site you insulted me for and for your ego's sake I pray it was worth it. Let YAN make do.

Seun, nice to have you. Nobody is disputing what you can do. Sunical just needs some answers, that's all. It's good you can do this in a week. I just need to see the sites you have done, then we can know whether you can join Sunical in developing our site, but please note he's the main developer we have for now, so let's all do this in a mature way peeps, please?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2012
Titugirl: I'm interested.my email is titubaby4real@gmail.com

Please this is very important for those of you who have not registered. Note there's a registeration fee of N1000.00. Our ad hoc bank account number is

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2012
Pls lets not do this again. Seun, dont get upset in any way. Sunical means no harm, i'm sure. Its just d caution. Sunical, d email is seun.payne@gmail.com. Tanks
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2012
seunpayne:

Funny. Please, I don't have time to prolong this back-and-forth.

I will contact you through the email provided by Uniquexty and if you have changed your mind and have the necessary skills to assist us, then we can begin.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2012
sunical:

Funny. Please, I don't have time to prolong this back-and-forth.

I will contact you through the email provided by Uniquexty and if you have changed your mind and have the necessary skills to assist us, then we can begin.
an applause
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
Below is the email correspondence between Seun Payne and I. Mine is below which was the first and he replied.

At least you can be civil. It's sort of belated though. All that english and you are confined to php/mysql? I'm not impressed. No hard feelings but I can't work with you.
--------------------------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 03:54:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: <seun.payne@gmail.com>
Subject: From Sunical

Hello Seun,

Hope you are great?

We are building the website using PHP/mySQL.

May I know your skills and some of your previous works?

It'll be great to have an extra hand on the team.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sam

From the email I sent him he concluded this. " All that english and you are confined to php/mysql "

I rest my case on this issue. Let's move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (68) (Reply)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.