Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place (6242 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Need A Genuine Business/investment To Invest 200k For A 15%-20% Monthly Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by andypc(m): 10:08am On Nov 22, 2007
i am a business entreprenur with great business ideas i can be reached on

thephilharmonics@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by kkokoma: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2007
Hi, i'm an investor willing to commit upto N1.5M in any viable business venture, foward your business plan to kkokoma22@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by anylyn4eva: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2007
hi guys i'm new to this site /forum ,
but i guess when you're looking for something it finds you , i must say that this is a brilliant idea settign up such a link.

have you ever wondered the difference btw a genuis and a creative mind with ideas, the mind developes the idea but the genuise puts in a braek through that will stun you.

i quite agree with the d other guy cant remember his id , about the double digit interest rate , these banks claim to want to help you as an sme beginner but they kill you with interest rates, and with all the money they are making , i still think they have not done enough to encourage one to be enterprising enough,

if you ask me i think these banks are just taking a pissing contest.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by zheroes(m): 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2007
hey nairalanders,

whats with this location being lagos, some people here reside in the UK, US , EUROPE,ABJ, ABA, PHC, name it,

so what do you think?
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by slim49z(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2007
hmm, A team of enterpreneurs?

if its online, then I might be a GREAT team member. But if its offline, then I will think about it.

Good luck to us all,
Slim wink
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Richystar4: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
What is the next step.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2007
Hi All,

I have created a Yahoo Group where you can send your information to all registered members. All those who submitted their details as either investors or enterpreneurs have been sent invitations to join the group.

Also, details of the enterpreneurs as submitted in the online form on www.lekkilinks.com have been posted to the group homepage. We have a total of 13 investors to date. Some people registered for both categories.

I guess at this  stage, it is left for interested investors to seek for necessary clarifications either directly from the enterpreneur or the group email address.

The details of the group are as follows:

Group Name: Nairaland Investment (Yahoo Groups)

Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nairaland_investment
Group email address: nairaland_investment@yahoogroups.com

Ofcourse new members can still join by filling the form as either an investor or enterpreneur from the link I posted earlier.

Ciao

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by obynnoly: 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2007
Threads like these should be given adequate support .
Tell you what?
The initial idea of this thread is a plus to this forum. Instead of people placing scam adverts and all what not.
This happens to be the only forum that can bring both individual and national development.
I have gone thru all postings and i must encourage you guys to contenue in that faith.
Ideas matter a lot and it is not compulsory that every body have the same idea. But then a forum like this can give us very usefull tips of the nigerian economy and even compare it with what is optainable in the developed countries.
You can ask questions about Your area of interest whether it is in Manufacturing, oil marketing, education, Transportation etc. I believe there are people who can be able to help you get off your weak ass. sorry.
Presently I have a manufacturing outfit, Registered with CAC as a limited liability company and we are involved in production of engine degreasers, corrosion inhibitors and some other usefull cleaning compositions. It all actually started from discussion with people.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by obynnoly: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
Threads like these should be given adequate support .
Tell you what?
The initial idea of this thread is a plus to this forum. Instead of people placing scam adverts and all what not.
This happens to be the only forum that can bring both individual and national development.
I have gone thru all postings and i must  encourage you guys to contenue in that faith.
Ideas matter a lot and it is not compulsory that every body have the same idea. But then a forum like this can give us very usefull tips of the nigerian economy and even compare it with what is optainable in the developed countries.
You can ask questions about Your area of interest whether it is in Manufacturing, oil marketing, education, Transportation etc. I believe there are people who can be able to help you get off your weak ass. sorry.
Presently I have a  manufacturing outfit, Registered with CAC as a limited liability company and we are involved in production of engine degreasers, corrosion inhibitors  and some other usefull cleaning compositions. It all actually started from discussion with people.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by obynnoly: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2007
ANDYPC
If you are an entraprenure, then everything you need to make it is in you.
Most times your ideas dont mean anything to people. You personally will have to make it work. ie prove it.
Lets hear some of your ideas and see how people can help you.
Speak with some more experienced guys with the same or closely related interests let them help you.
If you think i can be of help then mail me at

obynnoly@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by PapaBrowne(m): 1:49am On Nov 26, 2007
Very nice thread and very great progress made especially with the Yahoogroups! site.

Funnily, none of the business ideas from entrepreneurs are striking enough to spark the interest of a genuine & savvy investor(so I think).
Most business ideas people have are just the basic businesses that everyother person is already doing.
I think it's time we start thinking up(in our business ideas) how to add value or create new progress routes for existing products or services.
If your business idea doesn't fit into any of these moulds below, hardly would an investor be extremely interested in your business idea( so I think).

There is what I call an eBIT.- Extremely Bizarre Innovative Tendency.
These are crazy business ideas that are overtly ambitious and would alter the status quo, if brought to fruition.
Most investors would be scared of these, but they would usually give the best returns or fail woefully.

There is also the what I call the[b] ApIT- Above Par Innovative Tendency. [/b]
These are ideas that just basically complement the status quo.
The average investor would be comfortable with this.

To have a suceesful business idea
Your must ask yourself a couple of questions
1) How would my business idea add outstanding value to the existing services been offered currently?
2)What would I use as a comparative advantage or competitive edge over existing service providers?
3)How much is society craving (consciously or sub consciously) for the service I would be providing?
The Logic hence, is to look around and make sure that your business idea is taking care of an area of need that hasn't been properly catered for.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2007
Hi Guys,

Thank all for your suggestion. As I said from the beginning, the primary focus of this thread is to bring investors and people with business ideas (enterpreneurs) together at the same place. I think to the best of my knowledge, we are doing so  already.  But the actual decision to actually invest in a venture is strictly the individual investor's perogative. And I think at the least, even if an enterpreneur does not get any investor interested in his/her idea, at least the suggestions and criticisms will help reshape the business idea to make it more marketable and workable.

So, I thank all of you who have registered for your cooperation, and the others including PapaBrowne and obynnoly for your comments. Also, for Andypc and others who have indicated their intention to join, you can still register as either an investor or enterpreneur through the links below:

www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_investors.html
www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_enterpreneurs.html

Once again, thank you all for your cooperation so far, and more people are welcome on board.

Ciao.

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by somadino: 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2007
I am sorry that I dropped off for a while. Have you guys met at last? what things have you tought of.
@Herbs
I can see that you took the link to the plan away (not a bad idea since you don't know who is who) I wanted to make some comments and ask some questions. I don't remember all but I think that you can make people want to invest in your idea, they will come to you and not you to them. but as we have already agree you have to have something that they don't have.
@kunlef
What did you set out to get personlly when you started this thread?
for personal contact use my email
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by bencobenz(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2007
I must confess, this is one of the best threads on nairaland, kudos must be given to the
guy who started this thread.
I have been thinking along this line too, i know if we can come together, we can make
Nigeria great. But we must be on alert also for those who are not going anywhere but
are interested in pulling pple back. Nice post.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2007
@somadino

I actually decided to start the thread as a result of my observation of postings made by people with business ideas  on Nairaland Forum. I observed that before two or three postings, it would have been hijacked by MLM, forex, egold and other schemes, and thus very frustrating to follow up. As such you really never get to see the substance. I still believe that among the numerous dusts being posted on nairaland, a gold or even diamond may be lying somewhere. Hence the need for this thread.

Also, the over 150,000 members (mostly Nigerians, and mostly youths) on Nairaland Forum provides a very viable marketing opportunity for many businesses. Thus, it will really be nice to be able to bring together buyers and  sellers, investors and enterpreneurs, producer and consumer etc. together from among the crowd.

As for my personal interest, I do not have any for starting this particular thread other than to save my time and that of numerous others in identifying viable investment opportunities among the many being posted daily. Ofcourse, if I see a business idea that I feel offers something better than the other investment opportunities available in the market today, I may be willing to invest in it. However, on Nairaland Forum as a whole, my primary interest is to market my website, www.lekkilinks.com to the residents of and visitors to Lekki Peninsula, and also learn new things from the the several threads on the forum.

Ciao.

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by somadino: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2007
@kunlef
I checked out lekkilinks - cool! Wondering how you got all the info on it. Is it a biz or just,
I shoot music videos and direct ad commercials (It's not yet a business but I have done some great stuff) at the moment I design websites. I have written a biz plan and more,
Would like to know the progress made by the registration on your site, and the angle

@herbs
still waiting for you!
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ somandino

Thanks for the comments about the, www.lekkilinks.com. I actually started the site as a result of the difficulty of getting any information about anything here. It is extremey difficult to know where to buy what, or repair something. So the purpose is to bridge the information gap that exists on the Lekki Peninsula because of the nature of the area.

Actually, for now, I got most of the info through fliers (I have collected over several months), and personal visits to Ikota Shopping Complex, Palms Mall, the beaches, Lekki Conservation Center, etc. I also got some info from browsing the net, and since the site came up, some people have stumbled on it through Google and other sites (including Nairaland) and submitted their entry.

As at now it is not a biz, but I hope to make it into one in the nearest future. But first, I need to get almost all the businesses, organizations and institutions on the peninsula listed. Afterwards, I intend to go on publicity campaign for the site for residents to be aware of it's existence and only after that can I get it commercialized through adverts and online mart.

Ciao

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2007
Hi All,

I will be updating the list of investors and enterpreneurs submitted through the website, www.lekkilinks.com at the end of every week for now, until we decide the next step. Since last weekend, we have had additional submissions in both categories. I hope to update the names on Sunday on the Yahoogroup and inform you on this Forum.

Ciao.

Kunlef

www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by ikemighty: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
@samadino
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by xploits777(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2007
@herbsman
Thanks for your comments, I've only learnt not to jump at anything good looking on the internet (even on nairaland) just like that, though they might seem prospective. It's the only wise thing to do and as time goes on your confidence increases and subsequently trust too. I'm simply trying to keep a balanced view about life and business generally and i sincerely appreciate your comments.

Contact IMFB microfinace I'm sure you'll get their support.
Your business is the kind they love to support well.

Thanks alot.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by rotciv(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2007
hello every one. I just went tru ur discusions on the clothing the bussiness u pple have been discussing on this thread. I too on my own have been working to float a clothing company. So i am interested highly.this is my e-mail add- holaatrex@yahoo.com. Please i would like to be sent the biz plan for me to contribute my own quota. So how do i get to be involved deeply wit the discussions cos i am not so convinient wit nairaland. Thanks a bunch
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2007
Hi All,

The list of the people who are interested in joining the group has been posted at the yahoogroup. You can find the details from the links below. Five enterpreneurs and three investors joined.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/nairaland_investment/

Also, for rotciv and others who have indicated their intention to join, you can register as either an investor or enterpreneur through the links below:

Once again, thank you all for your cooperation so far, and more people are welcome on board.

Ciao.

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by martins73: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2007
House,
This is actually not a bad idea. I'm actually preparing an Electrical consulting firm business plan. Please does any member know the required permits/Legislation to operate this kind of business. Please consider me as one of the potential business seekers.
Martins
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by herbsman(m): 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2007
@kunlef
the desired e-delibrerating seems to be slow in unfolding.Post it on the home page to see those who may be interested
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by martins73: 7:51am On Dec 11, 2007
Hi All,
Please consider me as an aspiring entrepreaneur, very experience in Electrical Design, Procurement, Installation, Testing and Commissioning. Looking for an investor to float a services company with a well stocked shop for quality electrical fittings/accessories. Any interested investor can raech through this forum.
Martins
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 11, 2007
@herbsman

I have posted a message on the YahooGroup homepage. People were free to post their message since joining. It just seems they didn't know.

@ martins73

Why don't you just submit the details at

Ciao.

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by tj4ever(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hi guys. Count me in on this wonderful idea. It would be nice to have serious session on genuine ideas. A face to face would be nice. I wouldn't mind chipping in with some of the cost of such a meet.

Great idea.

You can mail me on olugbenga.sotunde@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2007
@tj4ever,

Try to submit your details at any of these links so that you can be invited to join our Yahoogroup.

Ciao.

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by amobiboy: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2007
Cassavamillers

* We supply Industrial Cassava Processing Equipment for Cassava Flour and Starch

* We are Cassava consultants in which capacity we prepare feasibility studies for production of industrial starch, flour and other cassava related products.

* We source funds for Cassava Flour from the Flour Millers =N=500 million Cassava Empowerment Fund managed by the Nigerian Agricultural , Co-operative & Rural Development Bank LTD.

* We are cassava brokers. We source large quantity of cassava for processors.

* We package cassava projects.

http://www.cassavamillers.com

email: info@cassavamillers.com, cassavamillers@gmail.com

Phone: 08037209102, 08058840778

Contact us if you need our services
Thanx
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by cassava: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2007
The last administration mandated that all wheat flour used in baking bread and confectionaries must contain 10 percent cassava flour. That percentage was later reduced to 5 percent because of lack of adequate cassava processors and cassava flour. The Flour Millers Association of Nigeria donated N500 million to kick-start the Cassava Empowerment Fund from which potential processors could borrow to start processing. Now, the fund has been exhausted, how can we raise more fund for Cassava Empowerment?

http://www.cassavamillers.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2007
Hi Guys,

Analysis of those who have registered to join us to date shows that we have a total of 19 who registered as investors and 14 as enterpreneurs. Out of these, 3 people registered in both categories which mean we have a total of 30 members to date. Also, 10 of the 19 registered investors, and 9 out of the 14 registered enterpreneurs are based in Lagos. So we have a total of 16 people based in Lagos (excluding 3 who registered in both categories and are all based in Lagos). Two of the investors are based in Port Harcourt, 1 in warri, 2 in UK and 1 in US. Also, 1 each of the enterpreneurs are based in PH, Warri and Owerri.

Therefore, on the investors side, I still believe we do not have sufficient numbers to start a face to face meeting in Lagos. I believe we need at least 15 registered investors in Lagos, so that we have a reasonable chance of 10 investors attending the meeting. However, I believe we can start making preparations. We will therefore need someone based on the Lagos mainland  to coordinate the meeting. He/She will be responsible for getting a venue and other logistics required when the time is right.

The person can make a posting here and the Yahoogroup to confirm those who will be attending.
After the meeting, the person will post a summary of the minutes and resolution on the yahoogroup for the benefit of those who are outside Lagos and others who may not be able to attend.

Other suggestions are also welcome.

Ciao.

kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by xploits777(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2007
I've got a base in Unilag.
I don't think it's a bad idea to host it here since it's pivotal for everyone around coming from lekki, VI side to Akoka, and also for those coming from Ikeja area.
If you need a venue soon, let me know if I can help out with a venue at the University of Lagos Guest House, It's reasonable in cost and quite conducive, we have Lagoon view too if need be we could hold our meetings there or just relax there.
@kunlef, I'm only making a suggestion, what do you think?

I think the first impression is very important so a very tidy arrangement must be made.
Thank you.

Musibau
you can call me on my mobile
08024611363, 07038710676
if one is off try to cal the other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investors Corner: Commercial Farming Ideas / Practical Haulage Business In Nigeria / Paypal Exchanger For Long Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.