Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,573 members, 7,837,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place (6246 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / 25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Need A Genuine Business/investment To Invest 200k For A 15%-20% Monthly Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Lifeman(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2007
come to think of this, its a very interest idea that almost every well meaning nairlander thinks of but the truth is the treath to idea could be as stake. idealy i think a nairaland club where people with geniune business interest can come and share business opportunities not neccesary business ideas.
i know if i share my idea before i fully conceive it some yahoozees would have hijacked it.
something like the good men fellowship which is highly impressive.
keep up the traffic.
God bless u bro
chers!
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by SOJ(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2007
This is a great thread.Where have u been?well a great idea has its time.i agree with u dat we must exclude HYIP's and so on.Real businesses are what add value to Nigeria in the long run.We should also direct the drive of the community to improving the image of NIgeria both internally and abroad by presenting ourselves as producers and not consumers alone.I believe in the longrun dats what we'll achieve.Later
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by babaife(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ all,

I love this thread. Am grateful to the initiator of this great idea. i will be glad to be a member of the dream. investment flourish and yield the maximum returns ONLY in an effectively controlled environment. an effective control system is a basic requirement to reduce business risks and improve profitability.

I will be willing to employ my wealth of experience in assisting all entrepreneurs and investors that desire my service to install an effective and efficient internal and accounting control. this is important to safeguard your assets, improve your performance and reduce all business risks.

am available at cmfinancialassociates@gmail.com.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by ssRhino: 4:46am On Dec 15, 2007
Good ideas, great minds, however, i am yet to see an idea that worth investing on, so please state some ideas that you think worth investing on, and as any investor will agree with me, when you invest money, you invest to make good returns back, the lesser the risk, the better, so float some ideas and let us rub minds.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2007
This info is for those who joined the thread late:

You can register as either an investor or enterpreneur through the following links:

www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_investors.html
www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_enterpreneurs.html

Afterwards, you will be sent an invitation to  join our Yahoogroup:

Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nairaland_investment
Group email address: nairaland_investment@yahoogroups.com

Ciao.

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by somadino: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2007
@kunlef
Good breakdown. But I dont think its your place to say if the number is enough or not. A single investor could be willing to support all the businesses as long as he/she feels strongly about it. As for the meeting note that not all the investors and enterprenues are registered with you - Me for one, and I will like to be at any meeting, it will provide a place for minds to mingle and for ppl to see how they could support each other, merge or collaborate.
I suggest that you send a mail to the parties on your list, ask them what they feel the way forward should be and how they will like to go about it - giving your own recommendation. Remember the investors and enterp. alike stated what amount of money they need or will give.

p.s. Who in da house would like to organise this meeting?

Cheers
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by xploits777(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
@kunlef
and everyone else
I'll like to organise this meeting, I've put my phone nos on previous posts, perhaps you might like or agree with my proposed location.
I expected your call and decided to keep mum thinking you don't intend to organise one soon.
If you don't mind this year is almost gone but we still have few days before the new year.
I can put this together in the shortest possible time if everyone cooperates and gives the necessary support.
Also remember several of us will be pencilling down our plans for the new year already.
I think we should set something in motion now and build a real functional structure, agree on our code of conduct as usual no mlm, forex and other suspicious hyips as kunle said.
Also we could make the meeting proceedings available to our fellows outside Lagos through the internet-Live.
This would be part of the planning and orgaisation as i said which have to properly done so everyone can participate.
Thank you.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2007
Hi All,

I will still like to have other poeple's comment on the meeting. By the way, I have said I will not be the one organising the meeting, so I will suggest that xploits777 tentatively assumes the responsibility of mobilizing people for the meeting. I will suggest he makes his postings both on Nairaland and the Yahoogroups since he is registered. I guess that will take care of everybody including those not registered who may like to attend. The list of all enterpreneurs registered to date is already on the posts, and also, the email address of all those registered as investors are included in the group posts. I intentionally did not give the full name and details of the investors for security reasons. So, I guess those who are interested in attending the meeting will indicate when postings are made.

@Somandino

I was just trying to be realistic with the numbers. It is of little use if we have only enterpreneurs and insufficient investors except it is just meant to be a general discussion session. Anyway, i guess that will be xploit777's call for now to determine if  he has sufficient numbers or not to call for a meeting. But for the purpose of planning and logistics, it is better for people planning to attend the meetings to be registered. Also, for your info, the details submitted by investors was just Names, Email, City and Country. They were not required to state the amount they will give and any other personal details. So i do not have any other info that others don't have access to.

Regards.

Kunlef
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by somadino: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
I am down with xpliot777 fixing the meeting. I wont mind being in the "organising committee", kunlef you might want to join this committee.

also @kunle thanks for the update I stand corrected.

People please note, no one goes around putting money in a project that has not been started (the stock market is still there). Enterprenues here might have to take the bull by the horn to shop for someone to invest in their dream. i.e. Even if the investors at hand are not willing to invest in your project, with a good plan (showing potential) you will be able to find an angel investor to give you the required fund. Just have the skill or/and knowledge to deliver.

Goodluck!
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by ruemu(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2007
hope d date will be on air here, coz i'll like to drive in, have myself introduced and also present my proposal and also grab investment opts.

will be back for a date.

Thanks for putting dis together.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by herbsman(m): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2007
@xploits777
Whatz d average cost of the getting a place that will do for d group.Post the figure before X-mas please.Now, we need to contribute o.Lets not chicken out because of Naira.Cos I blive in d power of Dreams.

@Kunlef
do u no any venture capitalists in Lagos because only Actis was the only one that came up n they invest in only conglomerates.
Also, e-deliberating with those outside Nigeria is still open as we need to consider the time difference,date n time so as to dscuss on areas of interest.

@Samadino
didnt get a feedback or criticisms.Am stl shopping for Angel Investors for my apparel n footwear stuff.Can u recommend any as banks and micro-finance want to come in when the business don Bingo.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by realkemmy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2007
wow, i am surprised that the are such threads like this on nairaland

hmmm like to be part of u guys.

i am a stockbroker and financial analyst.

looking forward to learn more from u guys.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by xploits777(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2007
@kunlef, Somadino and the rest of the house i want to wish everyone around Eid - el- Mubarrak first especially to our fellow muslim brothers.

I need to thank you for accepting my proposition about the meeting, I feel humbled and privileged indeed.

The venues available vary from 10,000-42,000 per day but a discount of 20% is still possible if I get to apply early enough.
For refreshments we'll need between 2000 per head at the guest house restaurant for lunch.
For a start I'll suggest we go for the 10k naira venue, it can sit 50-100 ppl
We'll need refreshments at least, I foresee us spending not less than 6 hrs at our first forum,
About the dates pls we are looking at these dates Dec 27,28,29 Jan 3,4, 7,8, 9,10
I'll confirm from the guest house authorities in some few hours from now which of these dates we can book for next week.
Also lets voice out our preferred date and time, we need your views so we can synchronize your views and choose something everyone can easily bend to,
@kunle and samadino you guys have shown the most interest pls voice out your views on the choice of date,and how much we pay for the meeting
depending on how many members we have registered our budget should be between 50-100k
let's divide that by the total no of interested participants.

I'll suggest we envisage a participation fee of 2k-5k taking a worst scenario of 10 participants. That would be sufficient to secure the venue, I can handle humble refreshments on my own as your guest, however I don't know the true status of those coming around in other not to offend anyone's taste, I'll suggest we make use of the guest house restaurant(optional).

Also, I think a major requirement for attendance would be your registration in our yahoogroups and at the

www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_investors.html
www.lekkilinks.com/nairaland_enterpreneurs.html

as an entrepreneur or investor.

Pls bear with me, I just want to get the views of everyone in the house and this will guide me in the planning process.

Thank you
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by peribiz(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2007
Hi All, now you can share all your stocks, commodities, futures, currencies, etc. ideas, expectations and knowledge with other investors at www.pectonline.com BE PART OF THE PECT PROJECT.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by somadino: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
How did the celebration go. I guess we have all talked and talked and nothing "really great came out of it". Apart from the fact that we know we have some "great minds". Maybe we should re-strategise.

I quote kunlef "On a personal level, I am more pro-internet discussions and will not want to exclude anybody from contributions to the forum. I also believe that investment decisions should be left to individuals and not necessarily a group, especially since most of us have very different backgrounds. Thus, I still believe that if you have an idea that you think is sellable, you can put post it on the net and let interested investors make their enquiries and decisions".
It is always wise to invest in a field which you have a degree of knowledge in,  so you will not be taken unawares. So a one on one case is fine. But 'cos we are also to share oppurtunities then a general meeting would help - giving a question and answer session.

A meeting is also not out of place if the agenda is well known and handled well. Everyone has to know what he/she is going to gain attending any meeting - thats 4 xploit.

@ Herbs
As I said we need to know your skill level and what more you have apart from the idea and a plan to take it to the next level. Can you sew or cobble?
I hope something Good come out of all these.
Be Good
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by ayoka08: 9:27pm On May 09, 2008
GUYS, CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE NIRALAND ON YOUR PROGRASS SOME OF US DO NOT LEAVE IN NIGERIA.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Arielle: 10:18pm On May 13, 2008
Hi all,
What happened to this thread? What happened at the meeting? Did it hold?
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by Nobody: 12:10am On May 14, 2008
@Ayoka08, Arielle:

Unfortunately, I will not be able to answer you questions about the outcome of the meeting because I was not available at the time it was supposed to be held. Xploit777 may be in a better position to answer.

Ciao.

Kunlef
www.lekkilinks.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by xploits777(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2008
Hi, Fellow Nairalanders
I worked seriously on this meeting but almost nobody from this forum contacted me as the dates approached.
I wish it held but it didn't because we didn't commit ourselves like we all spoke when it all began. Our passion fizzled away in no time and we were back to square one.
I think we should stop all this half hearted committment to serious matters like this.
The festivities swept off about 90% of us online early this year and i heard nothing again.
I kept following up this forum if anyone had responded even the yahoogroup but all to no avail.

I also contemplated taking up the whole concept and throwing it open to the public but you have to mindful of the Nigerian factor, Never trust anybody yet till you've proved them to be trustworthy.

I'm still as committed as the last time we discussed it on this forum.
If anyone is seriously interested please drop your contacts or send me an email personally. I need you to be passionate about this because the truth is GREAT THINGS START FROM SMALL BEGINNINGS.

Many of us indicated interests but the festivities came around and we all forgot there was a forum called nairaland.
you can read my previous posts everything remains the same except for the dates. If there would be changes I'll update you all.

I'm looking at June 14 & 21 this time around.
I need at least Ten of us to commit ourselves once again and we can roll out the plans once again. Please let me warn that admission won't automatic , We'll take drastic measures to screen everyone to ascertain there is nothing suspicious about you, because I've seen alot of Scam guys here and be warned that you won't even get that chance.
We don't want to be taken for granted and we mean serious business here, besides I'm seriously considering bringing in some financial institutions and any avialable top executive for our take-off meeting. Planning it real big would only take more time for logistics, what do you think?@Kunlef

I'll personally call you to intimate you on developments.

For those of us outside Lagos, don't worry just indicate your interest and we'll consider if holding a meeting in your region or state would be worthwhile. We need the numbers to make up for the expenses ,

CIAO

my email : exploits777@yahoo.co.uk
I'll only send you my phone no. if you indicate your interest through an email, better still our yahoogroup would be good for passing across messages. Nairaland is not getting safer by the day to post your contacts because of the kinds of ppl coming around these days.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by raffite: 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2009
Shared office space in a business friendly complex at NNPC Housing complex Road, Ekpan. Secretaries, Messengers and Internet facilities available. This will afford you the opportunity to have a branch in Warri.

Benefits:
1. Establish your business presence in Warri
2. Boost customer confidence
3. Secretaries, Messengers and Internet facilities available
4. Reach more and more customers
5. Improved business profile
6. A very cost effective way of owning an office

Call: 08035070731
E-mail: s.abugu@yahoo.com

Hurry Now!
NOTE: The Landlord's contacts are given above
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by vanderjo(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2009
Dear mr.kunlef i guess you people has held me in awe,keep it up and i would love to be part of this forum you created cuz i got business ideas but i am about writing my business plan cuz i want to get the grey areas fixed,but i will need an advice on how to write a good business proposals.thanks
you can write me at henzdanstev14@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by etrades(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2009
I have business idea that have minimal risk. You can reach me on 08078289975 or oris.joel@gmail.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by emtar(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
goodoooooooooooooooooooo.

am interested.

thanks

emtar.

yaaoo2008@gmail.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by emtar(m): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2009
am interrested.

emtar
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by blinks22: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
Hi guys, Have you heard of the quickest and legal way of making money on the internet? Send an Email:bee.blinks@yahoo.com to find out how. Act fast to catch up with this offer.

Regards
Blinks
+2348038289819
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by namun(f): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2009
how do i register. my number is 08085392029.
i am about to launch a program and would be willing to advertise and market your products for you at very affordable rates.
i would also chip in some other ways and methods of expanding your business
all documents are duly registered
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by jamace(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ Blinks

If you can not give us details, just blink the info for us here to catch a glimpse grin
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by stanekeh: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
im interested.stanekeh231@yahoo.com
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by meetagape(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2010
Hello friends,
I have been working and praying alongside to produce a machine, device or stuff that can generate electricity for 24/7 without input, and finally its here. Am not referring to the much advertised fuel-less generator with dc motor + alternator. My Invention is electronic and not mechanical. It could generate constant electricity (AC) for 24/7 and can work a whole month before its being switched off the first time.
I do not want to go into mass production of this device for some reasons including that am still a student, i want to sell the idea off to few companies who are in the system already that would commercialize it or for any purpose of their choice. Materials used for my device were locally sourced, the working prototype that has been on for some time now is very portable, no noise, smoke or fuel. I do not want to give much details or the working principle here.
I believe in this invention and as i have searched through the internet, i have not seen any like it.
If u are interested in buying this business or invention, please feel free to call me now or send me e-mail:
07032117108, meetagape@yahoo.com.
Re: Genuine Business Ideas & Investors Meeting Place by omolayo1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
INVESTOR IS NEEDED AND I WILL BE AT YOUR SERVICE AT ALL TIME

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-412344.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paypal Exchanger For Long Time / Practical Haulage Business In Nigeria / The Role Of Advertising In Brand Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.