Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

The Heroes Of Biafra(part 2) Count Carl Von Rosen Of Biafra Airforce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Heroes Of Biafra(part 2) Count Carl Von Rosen Of Biafra Airforce (1557 Views)

Biafra Part II: Lest We Slip Into A Bloody War / Exposed The Formerly Secret Files On The Nigerian War Over Biafra Part 2 / The Heroes Of Biafra(part 1) Lt Col Rolf Steiner Of Biafra 4th Commando (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heroes Of Biafra(part 2) Count Carl Von Rosen Of Biafra Airforce by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
Count Carl Gustaf Ericsson Von Rosen (August 19,1909-July 13,1977) was a swedish pioneer aviator. He flew relief missions in a number of conflict, His flights for the Biafran rebels were notable for using the small malmo MF1-9 in a ground attack role. His mission includes flying a DC-7 from sao Tome to Uli at only a little above sea level in August 1968. Disgusted at the suffering the Nigerian government inflicted on the Biafra population and the continous harassment of the relief flight by the Nigerian Airforce , he hatched a plan in collaboration with the french secret service to hit back. He imported five small civilian single engine Malmo MF1-9 planes produced by SAAB,which he knew to have been originally designed for a ground attack role in warfare . He had the planes painted in Camouflage colours, fitted with rockets from matra and proceeded with a band of friends to form a squadron called "Babies of Biafra" to strike the airfield from which the federal Nigeria air force launched their attacks against the civilian population. On may 22,1969 Rosen and his five aircraft launched attacks against Nigeria airfield at portharcourt, Enugu,Benin, and other small airports. The Nigerians were taken by surprise and a number of expensive jet, including a few MIG-17 fighters and three out of Nigeria's six Ilyushin 11-28 bombers were destroyed on the ground

Re: The Heroes Of Biafra(part 2) Count Carl Von Rosen Of Biafra Airforce by naptu2: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
Good job! Keep it up. I'm going to add these to my collection. In my damaged laptop I had details of how he converted some planes for military use. I'll see if I can find the links again.

(1) (Reply)

Revolution Is Inevitable In Nigeria By 2015 —buhari Says: “PDP Rigged 2011 Elect / Politician Son Sleeps On 100million Naira Cash Bed / **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.