Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? (1106 Views)

Much Ado About Prayer: We Are All Atheists (3) / Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? / A Method Of Prayer: We Nigerians Should Start Practising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
Brothers & Sisters!
I have heard from 2 MEN OF GOD preach that we have a prayer said by Jesus that we are not allowed to prayer except Jesus.
'Father forgive them for they don't know what they do, even at the face of death'
They recommend that Christ has died that we might live so we are not expected to keep quite while witches and wizard destroy our happiness and our future.

Please I want best explanation that can come from you!

Thanks
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by aletheia(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
luckyCO: Brothers & Sisters!
I have heard from 2 MEN OF GOD preach that we have a prayer said by Jesus that we are not allowed to prayer except Jesus.
'Father forgive them for they don't know what they do, even at the face of death'
They recommend that Christ has died that we might live so we are not expected to keep quite while witches and wizard destroy our happiness and our future.

Thanks

As Stephen lay dying in the book of Acts. . .what was the prayer he addressed to Jesus? The answer to this question tells you those 2 so-called "men of God" are just expressing their opinions. . . Also did Jesus not teach us to pray: "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who trespass against us"?

1 Like

Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
Could it be said they are thinking of something else in respect of the activity of heartless people who live among us. Because these MEN OF GOD I respect.
They continue to use 'Suffer you witch not to live'
When complained that we were under law when those kind of judgement where proclaimed, Christ has fulfilled them, now we are living in Grace.
They will quote that Judas was a witch and Jesus didn't forgive him and he was judged even when he was alive '...that who will betray me it will better that he was not born'
Comments please!
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
No comment yet
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by Joagbaje(m): 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
luckyCO: Brothers & Sisters!'
Thanks

I think I understand your point. certain Men of God believe you should kill your enemies by fire . Kill witches and kill demons by fire. So when you talk about forgiveness . They will say its only Jesus that does that.

We ought not to pray against enemies. We are embodiment of love.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by Goshen360(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ OP,

Am very sorry to say this but it's the truth. Some men of God that says that are still babies and they themselves still need to sit under another man of God for better teaching. The question you should ask them is, when Jesus said "all powers in heaven and on earth is given unto me", does that mean the power of witches and wizards is greater than the power of God?

And when it was said, at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow..does this mean something else? Praying against physical enemies to fall down and die IS CLEARLY NOT THE CHRISTIANITY OF CHRIST. Christians have only one enemy, the devil.

Love your enemies, Jesus said. Love them that hate you. Matthew 5:44-47 kjv
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2012
So I should be wise to stay on what I believe?
I have something that I have observed.
If I finished listening to Gbile Akanne preaching after which I start listening to other big pastor(today's big pastors we know) my mind used to like their preaching at a start and gradually my mind will start rejecting it.

I was like am I not doing my self bad,Gbile is called by God and also other big pastors we know today why what they are saying conflicting with what Gbile is saying somehow?

Pls your kind response will be really appreciated.
I have believed this but these MEN OF GOD are trying to prove me wrong.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by Goshen360(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
I "think" you should study "more" of the word by "yourself". You will know who is telling the truth and who is preaching heresy. This is my own opinion sir.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360: ^
I "think" you should study "more" of the word by "yourself". You will know who is telling the truth and who is preaching heresy. This is my own opinion sir.

Yes of cause but someone who has Spirit of God can teach what you may not learn in life time. I have debated this within me until I decided to make it open.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by dnarowpath: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
aletheia:

As Stephen lay dying in the book of Acts. . .what was the prayer he addressed to Jesus? The answer to this question tells you those 2 so-called "men of God" are just expressing their opinions. . . Also did Jesus not teach us to pray: "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who trespass against us"?

Thank you for this simple explanation.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
Which means in affirmative sense, we are/must prayer all the prayers said by Jesus not some esp the aforementioned prayer?
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by Ayomivic(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
luckyCO: Could it be said they are thinking of something else in respect of the activity of heartless people who live among us. Because these MEN OF GOD I respect.
They continue to use 'Suffer you witch not to live'
When complained that we were under law when those kind of judgement where proclaimed, Christ has fulfilled them, now we are living in Grace.
They will quote that Judas was a witch and Jesus didn't forgive him and he was judged even when he was alive '...that who will betray me it will better that he was not born'
Comments please!
any pastor who ask for the soul of his enemy is not from Jesus ,is not a christian.One must understand the diffrent between prayer and curse, if you ask for your enemies or enemy soul it is a curse.When we are sinner Jesus died for us, he did not destroy us.Why will you ask him to kill whom he died for,whom he is asking God to forgive?If you are are asking for the soul of your enemy,you are enemy of Jesus for he does not want anybody to go to hell.The prayer of one enemy to die is what many pastor today is using to decieve many people today and through that they turn them to non-christian. This is the good reason christian should not only base their believe on what they hear but also on what they read from scripture.Our bible is the great teacher that teach pastors themself.
Re: Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? by luckyCO(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2012
Ayomivic:
any pastor who ask for the soul of his enemy is not from Jesus ,is not a christian.One must understand the diffrent between prayer and curse, if you ask for your enemies or enemy soul it is a curse.When we are sinner Jesus died for us, he did not destroy us.Why will you ask him to kill whom he died for,whom he is asking God to forgive?If you are are asking for the soul of your enemy,you are enemy of Jesus for he does not want anybody to go to hell.The prayer of one enemy to die is what many pastor today is using to decieve many people today and through that they turn them to non-christian. This is the good reason christian should not only base their believe on what they hear but also on what they read from scripture.Our bible is the great teacher that teach pastors themself.

Thanks
I learn a lot from these pastors but only this area I couldnt figure out.
When my brother died, I was angry in such prayers but little did I discover that my mind was not accepting the prayer.
Later I stopped praying like that.

But these Men of God saying this make my believe and their go contrary and will also make me each time the man is preaching I will not take all what he says.
Though we are asked to believe in our prophets...How??

(1) (Reply)

Which Cult,religion Or Society Can I Join To Change My Life? / Pastors Wanted / Compare These Two Scriptures And U Will Be Shocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.