Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (48200 Views)

D'banj Finally Speaks On Olamide Stealing His Musical Ideas / D'banj Finally Speaks On The Report That Amber Rose Walked Out Of His Party / Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by silvernus0: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
[color=#006600][/color][/size][size=8pt][b][/b]One thing i Sure like about this are the big dreams ..i see it coming in the speach ...this man should sure be a good business man and have good negotion pawer[b]One thing i Sure like about this are the big dreams ..i see it coming in the speach ...this man should sure be a good business man and have good negotion pawer[/b]One thing i Sure like about this are the big dreams ..i see it coming in the speach ...this man should sure be a good business man and have good negotion pawer
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
omar22:

SO

WHO OWNS THE MUSIC? Don J would be paid for his service... the track is not going to be released under Mohit label

lol
The Don will get his full 50% from the initial release of Oliver twist remix, after which Dpant can carry on with his wacky beats.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

WTF. . .so you are planning piracy campaign against dbanj already ? I'm sure you know piracy is a serious offence to the FBI not nigerian police. cheesy cheesy tongue like tupac said '' FAMOUS CAUSE WE PROGRAMME WORLDWIDE''
grin grin we go run you down patapata.

in Dpant's own words

in fact, just this week, he sent me the remix to Oliver Twist that we’re releasing in the UK on May 14.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

fu*ck me ! You should be the one to stop worrying over a guy that has gone worldwide. .tell me what is there to beef in jazzy that will soon go broke ?

lmao@worldwide

As we walk into the Choice FM building in the afternoon on Saturday, there are no heads turning or fans gazing grin. In fact, his lawyer, Elias, who wore a pair of loud snakeskin boots, attracted more attention than D’banj grin.

Who leaves a zone where they’re comfortable and celebrated; where they’re established and successful, for a place where no one seems to give the slightest care?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
[i][/i]
ekwy nwa:

lol
The Don will get his full 50% from the initial release of Oliver twist remix, after which Dpant can carry on with his wacky beats.

Am looking for the sentence that has both Clutches and Straws in it

The day after our Canary Wharf interview, we meet up at Highbury Islington, where he’s shooting a documentary and the promo for the Oliver Twist competition for the UK. D’banj’s new crew: Semtex (a white A&R rep from the label),

You can see he has signed already’, he said, showing the agreement with Don Jazzy’s signature. ‘I have full rights to my catalogue and full ownership of my Koko Holdings, while he has full ownership of Mo’Hits, including the artistes and liabilities.’

Do you know what a Music Catalogue is?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
omar22: [i][/i]

Am looking for the sentence that has both Clutches and Straws in it

The day after our Canary Wharf interview, we meet up at Highbury Islington, where he’s shooting a documentary and the promo for the Oliver Twist competition for the UK. D’banj’s new crew: Semtex (a white A&R rep from the label),

Do you know what a Music Catalogue is?

yes he has full rights on his music catalogue but Oliver twist remix is still an unfinished deal and this explains why Don j recently sent it to Dpant for onward release in the UK on May 14
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
And who owns the remix?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by mbaemeka(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
I wanted to ignore Omar77 and bluetooth. but, like ekwy has already pointed out the contract was all inclusive. you both should go and read the "leaked" mails that Dbanj admitted had some verisimilitude. Every where oliver twist is played Don Jazzy gets royalties from it as the producer and as the owner of the label.Thats part of the "i let him have this and have that". This is not like the "I PAID SAMKLEF MONEY TO MAKE A BEAT FOR ME" this is production. Its more complicated than you think.

Have you ever wondered why Timberland, Pharrel and Doctor Dre got so wealthy? Yeah! Its because they also produced the successful tracks from their various artists.

Back to the plot, DonJazzy had a huge cut from any endorsement deal that any of the artists under his label was to get. Even M.I has a cut from Iceprinces shows et al. You can investigate that! (M.I runs the music aspect of Choc city)

For the brouhaha that Dbanj hasnt realeased an album since 2008 yet is still relevant has nothing more to do than the singles he realeased. If you are very conversant with the nigerian music terrain you would know that Musicians get more, far more from their singles than the album. Infact the most they get from the album is dependent on their pedigree and how much the marketer was willing to pay prior to proliferating the cds. Thats why the likes of Davido and co that have no albums yet have made alot of money already. You do not suggest that he sells his singles now do you?

Dbanj since 08 has released "Mr Endowed + its remix", scapegoat, and oilver twist". Also he has featured in Many mohit hits like that of the Prince (give it to me now) and in Wande coals (mushin to mohits album). so whats the fuss? everybody does that to remain relevant. Whizkid has released two singles already "sisi nene" and "Baddest boy" ofcourse you know its in a bid to remain relevant. Same with bankyW and NaetoC. Thats just the nitty gritty of music making and remaining relevant in the industry.

Jeeeez! I am already getting exhausted. Tinnie tempah and craigDavids despite their dominance in the UK couldnt garner serious followership in the US.Dbanjs task is certainly not unrealistic and imposible but it damn sure is going to be arduous. he should brace himself, afterall Kanye west has struggled to transfer his album selling success to his protege big sean and label dudes like common et al.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
DonJazzy had a huge cut from any endorsement deal that any of the artists[b] under his label was to get.[/b]

Tell me does Koko Holding fall under the umbrella of Mohit?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ye2nday(f): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
Whatever the case maybe, let them just settle their feuds and become the good friends they were before,rather than exposing themselves like this. When they were buying the LR3,range who dey there?mctewww now everyone has to know who bought this and that. i like them both so am not taking sides.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
mba emeka: I wanted to ignore Omar77 and bluetooth. but, like ekwy has already pointed out the contract was all inclusive. you both should go and read the "leaked" mails that Dbanj admitted had some verisimilitude. Every where oliver twist is played Don Jazzy gets royalties from it as the producer and as the owner of the label.Thats part of the "i let him have this and have that". This is not like the "I PAID SAMKLEF MONEY TO MAKE A BEAT FOR ME" this is production. Its more complicated than you think.

Have you ever wondered why Timberland, Pharrel and Doctor Dre got so wealthy? Yeah! Its because they also produced the successful tracks from their various artists.

Back to the plot, DonJazzy had a huge cut from any endorsement deal that any of the artists under his label was to get. Even M.I has a cut from Iceprinces shows et al. You can investigate that! (M.I runs the music aspect of Choc city)

For the brouhaha that Dbanj hasnt realeased an album since 2008 yet is still relevant has nothing more to do than the singles he realeased. If you are very conversant with the nigerian music terrain you would know that Musicians get more, far more from their singles than the album. Infact the most they get from the album is dependent on their pedigree and how much the marketer was willing to pay prior to proliferating the cds. Thats why the likes of Davido and co that have no albums yet have made alot of money already. You do not suggest that he sells his singles now do you?

Dbanj since 08 has released "Mr Endowed + its remix", scapegoat, and oilver twist". Also he has featured in Many mohit hits like that of the Prince (give it to me now) and in Wande coals (mushin to mohits album). so whats the fuss? everybody does that to remain relevant. Whizkid has released two singles already "sisi nene" and "Baddest boy" ofcourse you know its in a bid to remain relevant. Same with bankyW and NaetoC. Thats just the nitty gritty of music making and remaining relevant in the industry.

Jeeeez! I am already getting exhausted. Tinnie tempah and craigDavids despite their dominance in the UK couldnt garner serious followership in the US.Dbanjs task is certainly not unrealistic and imposible but it damn sure is going to be arduous. he should brace himself, afterall Kanye west has struggled to transfer his album selling success to his protege big sean and label dudes like common et al.

Why wont you support your kins man against me ? Enough of this Monkey dey work,baboon dey chop jo.My boy has upped his game,tell your fella to do same. cheesy
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
Have you ever wondered why Timberland, Pharrel and Doctor Dre got so wealthy

Are you kidding me? Right

Timberland produced well established stars like Snoop Dog, Aliyah, Timberlake, Nelly Furtudo, 50 Cents etc

Dre was part of NWA and gave Snoop Dog his first opportunity, gave Eminem his first opportunity and has a cut on any future sales of any of Slim Shady’s album and that’s an agreement they had from day one.

Pharrel is a genius….

But Don Jazzy needs to prove himself because he reminds me of Rodney Jenkins who does remixes for J Blige or M Carey but that’s it always in the background but Dre who is the top 10 all-time rapper according to record sales, Pharrel another Singer, Timberland another singer, Diddy another rapper, JD another rapper, Wyclef another rapper, Jay Z another rapper… that’s a long list of Producers who also releases albums.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
mba emeka: I wanted to ignore Omar77 and bluetooth. but, like ekwy has already pointed out the contract was all inclusive. you both should go and read the "leaked" mails that Dbanj admitted had some verisimilitude. Every where oliver twist is played Don Jazzy gets royalties from it as the producer and as the owner of the label.Thats part of the "i let him have this and have that". This is not like the "I PAID SAMKLEF MONEY TO MAKE A BEAT FOR ME" this is production. Its more complicated than you think.

Why wont you support your kins man against me ? Enough of this Monkey dey work,baboon dey chop jo.My boy has upped his game,tell your fella to do same. cheesy
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by MrOldskoolJP(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
mscthewwwwwww d'banj is a bloody fool,tok say u don join illuminati

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by larivers: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by MrOldskool (JP)(m): 54 minutes & 35 seconds
mscthewwwwwww d'banj is a bloody fool,tok say u don join illuminati
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

Be careful angry only a fool would call anybody a fool without reason.
right choice of words angry angry angry angry
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by deenee: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
It pains my heart that the duo of D'banj and Don Jazzy are no longer a team. I however don't ascribe to the numerous interviews filled with varying contradictions that D'banj has granted since their infamous split. He should concentrate on his new found fame and make the best of it while it lasts. I also don't buy this idea of him saying that 'he bought this and bought that'! If the recent interview is anything to go by, Mohits is jointly owned so is he saying that other artistes on the label were just parasites living of his largese? My respect for Don Jazzy has grown significantly because he has displayed some level of maturity and I hope this will be a steep learning curve for other Nigerian artistes that wish to sign on to an international label. There are many versions to the split. One school of thought connotes that the rift was caused by differences on how to share the $3 million sign on fee,another states that it was as a result of D'banj's high handedness which reached a boiling point with the Kanye deal and total disregard for other label mates speaking of which his feud with Ikechukwu comes to mind. For those who are saying that D'banj will conquer the world, bear in mind that the entertainment industry there is much more sophisticated that what obtains in Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria that you will put together a bunch of incoherent syllables,call it an album,put it in the market and make money. Abroad you will be subject to the opinion of music critics that will give their take on everything from lyrics to album cover. More so who buys albums these days when you can download for free on some sites and a whole album on iTunes cost less than a dollar in some cases! So I doubt if he will make money from albums sales as predicted. Most international acts make money from shows and tours. chris brown, lady gaga, jay z and kanye's watch the throne tour are good examples to cite in this regard. I doubt if D'banj can pack a stadium full of fans overseas unless he is a supporting act for another artiste. Why leave where you are celebrated to where you will be accommodated? No doubt, the deal with GOOD music is a welcome development but throwing away the 'dirty water and the baby away at the same time raises some vital questions about loyalty. I wish the both of them the very best in their future endeavours!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Even if them no like you,them go still dance to your music. tongue cheesy ride on bro grin

#Gbam
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by sosodat: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
It is okay to have BIG dreams like Dbanj but the big questions are

1. Is it the right time?
2. Have you solidified the base and kept it intact from which to launch from?
3. Do you have the right people around you?
4. Have you developed and incorporated the skill to carry people along?

As he has rightly mentioned severally, he does not deem himself a singer but an entertainer. As an entertainer, you have an instrument or means by which you entertain. Will you in your bid to conquer the world, fail in carrying along those means which propelled you to prominence?

You don't achieve greater success by been totally radical in throwing away the blueprint which you used in attaining some success before but rather modify gradually and build.

Dbanj mentioned Steve Jobs et al as people who had a dream and went on the achieve it but one thing synonymous is you need to perfect your base(means/skill on which your idea is based on) and know how to carry on and carry along your partners to the achievement of that goal.....

I like his dreams for African music integration and acceptance in the West but I am sad that some of the major ingredients which he had that would have made that easier to achieve has not been managed properly, carried along and built upon.

It is glaring in Dbanj's own words "All my hits, tracks and songs in all these years were produced by my friend Jazzy".....that successful blueprint and foundation is highly needed in other to catapult and conquer the US (unless the intention is using the western production which defeats his alleged dream of bringing African music to the forefront)

Also, this is not like the first time or the only Nigerian musician currently signed and collaborating with a US BIG label or name (i.e Wizkid,Tuface,Nneka,P-Square etc)

If solely on the business end, bringing the Good Music/Def Jam to Nigeria or sub saharan Africa, they alone could have done it but the time is not yet right cos of no structures for making money from downloads (ie. itunes) and no end in sight of Piracy.....anyway time will tell....goodluck
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Mafamafa(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
I knew three of dbanjs boys, i heard them say, though he may chase skirt, he knew what he is doing. One of them "u can quote me" by name cheche said, that guy's indeed african michael jackson, he is ready to put the name of africa on the world map, like the likes of sunday adelaja, mathew ashimolowo, tudor bismark did in christiandom. Lets support this great talent from nigeria and lets stop this whole thing of bringing him down, he's just 32 and doing exploit, many people talking him down are just his age and still putting on pampers, living in their parents house and not knowing their purpose or passion in lfe and yet dbanj he's not the son of a president or minister, this was a former yahoo guy, who knew fraud ain't good and discovered his passion, he started from the onset so why dont we believe in him, support him and let him put our name on the map. I was in Hawaii and i heard his music in a latino's restaurant and that alone made my head to swell up. Oladapo Oyebanjo, carry on, the Lord be with u jare.... DBANJ HAS A STORY WHICH WE CAN ALL SEE AND READ, NO STORY NO GLORY....
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by rhymz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
While I understand D Banj's passion and ambition, from a business point point of view, his moves do not look like they are well thought out. Does he even Understand the American or European entertainment Market?
From the revelation of this interview, it seemed he had allowed his ambition to be the most famous african act overshadow the collective vision of the Mo'hit crew and label. It is obvious he does not recognize the importance of the other members of the mo'hit crew, let's say the truth here, this whole adventure is about him, it is about self-promotion. He went to the extent of getting Don Jazzy a studio in the US yet Don J is supposed to be making beats for Mo'hit crew(a majority of whom are naija based) and other Nigerian acts. Unless of course, he wanted Don Jazzy to be his sidekick and exclusively produce for him alone, I see no reason why Don Jazzy should be be in America producing beats that are going to be used by artistes in Nigeria. What he, D' banj does not realize is that he was stiffling every other person's ambition and career in the crew just to promote his own.
From the way he has contracted different labels to release and market his music, he will surely get enmeshed soon with board execs bureaucratic bottleneck.
He talks about setting up Universal records subsidiaries in different parts of Africa like it is a walk in the park. What exactly is he doing sef? If I were his partners too, I will want out cos it looks like Mr Banjo has caught American abi na London Fever, this whole experiment is based on passion and enthusiasm with very little recourse to strategy and plan. We are yet to know what he will sound like outside of the Mo'hit beats. He is trying too hard to prove a point even when he does not have to. 2face would have been in a better position to do all these cos he does not have to worry about his crew when he wants to make this kind of paradigm change. It is good to take risk but make sure they are not the type that will crumble the whole structure and plan in the event they fail.
And it was even wrong for him to allege that Don Jazzy may have been the one that tweeted against him using Wande's account, that is a prepostrous and downright dirt suggestion. If you are not sure, don't even guess. The reporter himself should stop with silly innuendos, suggesting to D'banj that Wande Coal and Dr Sid have already taken sides with Don Jazzy is a stupid journalistic embelishment that makes his report look petty. I just pray that who is right or wrong succeeds sha.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by tlops(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
sosodat: It is okay to have BIG dreams like Dbanj but the big questions are

1. Is it the right time?

As he has rightly mentioned severally, he does not deem himself a singer but an entertainer. As an entertainer, you have an instrument or means by which you entertain. Will you in your bid to conquer the world, fail in carrying along those means which propelled you to prominence?

You don't achieve greater success by been totally radical in throwing away the blueprint which you used in attaining some success before but rather modify gradually and build.

Dbanj mentioned Steve Jobs et al as people who had a dream and went on the achieve it but one thing synonymous is you need to perfect your base(means/skill on which your idea is based on) and know how to carry on and carry along your partners to the achievement of that goal.....

I like his dreams for African music integration and acceptance in the West but I am sad that the some of the major ingredients which he had that would have made that easier to achieve has not been managed and carried along and built upon.

It is glaring in Dbanj's own words "All my hits, tracks and songs in all these years were produced by my friend Jazzy".....that successful blueprint and foundation is highly needed in other to catapult and conquer the US (unless the intention is using the western production which defeats his alleged dream of bringing African music to the forefront)

Also, this is not like the first time or the only Nigerian musician currently signed and collaborating with a US BIG label or name (i.e Wizkid,Tuface,Nneka,P-Square etc)

If solely on the business end, bringing the Good Music/Def Jam to Nigeria or sub saharan Africa, they alone could have done it but the time is not yet right cos of no structures for making money from downloads (ie. itunes) and no end in sight of Piracy.....anyway time will tell....goodluck
'
Did you not read the fact that they (the blueprint) do not want to flow with his new move.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by sosodat: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
tlops:
'
Did you not read the fact that they (the blueprint) do not want to flow with his new move.

That is part of the four questions I posed

1. Is it the right time?

Dbanj mentioned Steve Jobs, Bill Gates etc as people that achieved their BIG dreams but the underlying thing is you have to have that skill to really pull those you might need along.....been persuasive, encouraging, flexible and of course good negotiation.

In the interview, he mentioned three times, that he is very good negotiating alas the deals he/mohits were able to get. A good businessman doesn't let pride or anything make it harder to achieve his goals. Guess he should have read more about the people he quoted (ie Steve Jobs etc)
Wish them all luck
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ElKels(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
I have †̥ hear Both side of the story. Its all noise if you ain't part of that crew cos they are the ones that knows what's really going on. I sympathize with boths side and wish them luck.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by newacca: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
Beefers go hug transformer! Keep soaring Brova. oooooooooooooooooooshey!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ideylaff: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
omar22:

Ok talk is cheap the main fact here is Dbanj is not carrying any excess weight or should distractions. Am sorry but you cannot flog a dead horse. Dbanj has moved to the next level go and check Choice FM chart. He is going to release a UK version or remix of Oliver Twist if he spends one week in the top 40 chart let alone 2 weeks he would be buying Maserati Granturismo Sport for Don J and the rest of the boys

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this is a living proof of Nigeria's eductional system

omar22: He is going to release a UK version or remix of Oliver Twist if he spends one week in the top 40 chart let alone 2 weeks he would be buying Maserati Granturismo Sport for Don J and the rest of the boys

LOL what did u just say? So all the money belongs to Dbanj as soon as he charts in the UK. LOL

My bro music business does not work like that ooooo, as long as they are playing Oliver Twist... Don Jazzy is getting paid for life....

So after this Oliver twist song don chart now, wetin next for Dbanj....?

Has Kanye bn doing lessons in Pidgin English or what will this boy really sing

I think Dbanj is jumping boys scout jump without thinking straight

Estele followed Kannye all over and left UK 4 d States years ago... she back now even less popular than back then

Nobody even knows her these days

Dbanj's Genre is already classifiesd as what World or Alternate Music on iTunes... LOL

The bosy needs to go back home and stop jumping around Kanye.....who is just enjoying the buzz an nothing more

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by tonididdy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
hmmmm......really touching story.he(dbanj) sounds regretful and broke already but all theesame i like risk takers.thats what don jazzy lacks,he's a scaredy pant.don jazzy is just content with the nigeria/african money but banj wants the global fame and maybe more money.but GOD dbanj ''was'' rich
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2012

According Richard Branson (The Virgin owner) he said in life to make it big you dont follow set rules, you make your rules along the way! sometimes in life people play their part at a certain stage, Don Jazzy could be the blueprint doesnt mean he is the future. Theirs an academy in Argentina the started grooming Lionel Messi but he blossomed at Barcelona, Michael Jackson in Jackson under the stewardship of his father but he broke away and Quincy Jones did the rest. Am sorry but as it is in the book Ecclesiastes Things are beautiful during its time Dbanj had a vision, Don Jazzy felt too scared to take the risk am sorry I would never pick holes in someone who says he has dream!

My bro music business does not work like that ooooo, as long as they are playing Oliver Twist... Don Jazzy is getting paid for life....

The song is owned by Dbanj not Don Jazzy that he needs permission to sing, its not a duet with Don J, it wasnt written by Don Jazzy it was only produced by Don Jazzy and its going to be released under another Label in the UK.

While I understand D Banj's passion and ambition, from a business point point of view, his moves do not look like they are well thought out. Does he even Understand the American or European entertainment Market?

Like I mentioned above, the most important part is seeing what he wants, and he has taken the first step,

Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true. by Napoleon Hill

the collective vision of the Mo'hit crew and label

Which were small potatoes! Oh gosh I cant believe you could put that up, he wanted to explore the universe but Don J wanted to stay in the same level
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
rhymz: While I understand D Banj's passion and ambition, from a business point point of view, his moves do not look like they are well thought out. Does he even Understand the American or European entertainment Market?
From the revelation of this interview, it seemed he had allowed his ambition to be the most famous african act overshadow the collective vision of the Mo'hit crew and label. It is obvious he does not recognize the importance of the other members of the mo'hit crew, let's say the truth here, this whole adventure is about him, it is about self-promotion. He went to the extent of getting Don Jazzy a studio in the US yet Don J is supposed to be making beats for Mo'hit crew(a majority of whom are naija based) and other Nigerian acts. Unless of course, he wanted Don Jazzy to be his sidekick and exclusively produce for him alone, I see no reason why Don Jazzy should be be in America producing beats that are going to be used by artistes in Nigeria. What he, D' banj does not realize is that he was stiffling every other person's ambition and career in the crew just to promote his own.
From the way he has contracted different labels to release and market his music, he will surely get enmeshed soon with board execs bureaucratic bottleneck.
He talks about setting up Universal records subsidiaries in different parts of Africa like it is a walk in the park. What exactly is he doing sef? If I were his partners too, I will want out cos it looks like Mr Banjo has caught American abi na London Fever, this whole experiment is based on passion and enthusiasm with very little recourse to strategy and plan. We are yet to know what he will sound like outside of the Mo'hit beats. He is trying too hard to prove a point even when he does not have to. 2face would have been in a better position to do all these cos he does not have to worry about his crew when he wants to make this kind of paradigm change. It is good to take risk but make sure they are not the type that will crumble the whole structure and plan in the event they fail.
And it was even wrong for him to allege that Don Jazzy may have been the one that tweeted against him using Wande's account, that is a prepostrous and downright dirt suggestion. If you are not sure, don't even guess. The reporter himself should stop with silly innuendos, suggesting to D'banj that Wande Coal and Dr Sid have already taken sides with Don Jazzy is a stupid journalistic embelishment that makes his report look petty. I just pray that who is right or wrong succeeds sha.

oh God not another story sad
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by sosodat: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
omar22:

According Richard Branson (The Virgin owner) he said in life to make it big you dont follow set rules, you make your rules along the way! sometimes in life people play their part at a certain stage, Don Jazzy could be the blueprint doesnt mean he is the future. Theirs an academy in Argentina the started grooming Lionel Messi but he blossomed at Barcelona, Michael Jackson in Jackson under the stewardship of his father but he broke away and Quincy Jones did the rest. Am sorry but as it is in the book Ecclesiastes Things are beautiful during its time Dbanj had a vision, Don Jazzy felt too scared to take the risk am sorry I would never pick holes in someone who says he has dream!

@Omar, Sorry if I came across as if I was picking holes in his (Dbanj) dream....I will love for that to be actualized but just unhappy that the recipe that would have made it a sure thing is broken.

Now to address the points you brought up, Richard Branson talking about not following set rules doesn't apply here (cos actually Dbanj is just following set rules of (us humans..most) jumping ship immediately when we think something bigger has arrived without pausing to ascertain if the time and foundation are right).

All the others you enumerated, like Lionel Messi and Michael Jackson all have one thing in common.
Lionel Messi's blue print was & is both innate talent and discipline (training)......He is an entertainer like Dbanj and he carried along the full ingredients of the limited promise he showed to Barcelona to blow up into a world star.

Michael Jackson's blueprint wasn't his father but rather was his innate talent, voice and quality of production (producer). Hence when he went solo, he took along one of the main ingredient(producer) of their Jackson 5 comparatively limited success which was Quincy Jones to establish legend stardom status with his subsequent 2 to 3 albums etc (google it)

Everybody is in our life for a season, but you have to fully harness those associations to achieve your dreams before breaking up/moving on

Don't get me wrong, I ain't attacking Dbanj or siding with anyone but it is painful seeing artists I love keep on making the same age-long mistake........in their conceptions that another place is the ultimate (US) and you need to get and be there to conquer the world (exposure) leave the very foundations of their success so far in search of conquering the world.
Keeps happening....recent examples Craig David, Estelle (who has gone back to the UK less popular than when Kanye got her over to the States).

What keeps from keeping hold of your blue prints and foundations of success and reaching out to the world. Fela is a Nigerian/African example
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by omar22(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
Everybody is in our life for a season, but you have to fully harness those associations to achieve your dreams before breaking up

Look they have been together for 9 or 10 years! he knows when to make the move, his dream or vision to us might look like a penny but to him it means millions! the reality is sometimes to go higher you need to drop some loads (sacrifice)

Keeps happening....recent examples Craig David, Estelle (who has gone back to the UK less popular than when Kanye got her over to the States).

Craig David changed from his original style to RnB and he flopped, Estelle wasn't fully grounded in UK before she jumped ship and left compare her to Leona Lewis, Alex Burke or JLS who stayed grounded in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nazir M Ahmad's Lexus LX And LS (Photos) / Blow My Mind: Chris Brown And Davido Pictured Together, To Release A New Music / Paul Okoye: Poor Vs Rich (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.