Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (48206 Views)

D'banj Finally Speaks On Olamide Stealing His Musical Ideas / D'banj Finally Speaks On The Report That Amber Rose Walked Out Of His Party / Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
Mzsolex: grin, now people are silent!

Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.I think this is an eye opener. tongue cheesy
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by passionate88: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
TRUE TALK

~Bluetooth:

Even if them no like you,them go still dance to your music. tongue cheesy ride on bro grin
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by basher(m): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
Sharp dude though! Forget all this can't sing issue. Go for the money!

If d tori na true, then don jazzy fall hand. Why person go dey fia money nah?!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
jerrywool: [size=38pt]I remember MAJEK FASHEK. cry[/size]

Whoops. . .tell me about him !
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by seuncyber(m): 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hin no dey even call am DON-JAZZY again......na jazzy nw oooo!!! *apa ti jabo
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ariyebaba(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
No long tinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No long toryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

grin

cool

tongue
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by dadicvila(m): 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
ekwah: na so I like Dbanj reach? who go read this
kai!majority of Nairalanders lazy O!!u no fit read this small thing,no wonder them say if u want to hide something 4rm a black man put am 4 book

5 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Fiscabally(m): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
Ride on Dbanj,let him without sin cast d 1st stone!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by seuncyber(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
FILEEEEEEE........ashey iro ni gbogbo eeeee. I swear, nobody fit fool me again afta dis whole ish!!! *chai* we gok dis one patapata
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by love4ual: 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
this guy is making a generational sacrifice............if u live in the states or europe u will understand this..........it is only africa that has been sidelined..............the white man hates africa like helll......if not for oil the would have destroyed africa.....

until people like d'banj stands up and tell them that africans are not that evil......that there is a huge market in africa.....they would never give africa a chance...................south africa is the only country the americans and europeans know and love.....

nobody has taking the risk....this is not the issue of d'banj or don jazzy.......d'banj want to change things even if he has to risk his carrier..................

this is not an issue of PR.........WATCH HIS INTERVIEW ON MTV LAST YEAR......HE HAS CONSISTENTLY SAID IT THAT AFRICA HAS BEEN ALWAYS SIDELINED...........ASIAN MUSICIANS, EUROPEANS, LATINO'S AND THOSE MUSICIANS FROM THE CARRIBEANS ARE ALL GIVEN A CHANCE HERE IN THE STATES...............BUT ONCE IT COMES TO AN AFRICAN....HATRED COMES....

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by JimmyBoy1: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
This guy seems to believe every word he says, so he will surely have whatever he says( Mark 11:23), forget all the rantings for those who want cto remain in their 'sanctuary'.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by love4ual: 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
I WILL CERTAINLY NOT TAKE SIDES....BUT THIS GUY TRULY WANTS TO CHANGE THINGS FOR THE GOOD OF AFRICA.......

OUR LEADERS HAS FAILED AFRICA........BUT LIKE AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID,......AFRICA HAS NOT DIED YET,......NIGERIANS ARE REALYY A TALENTED PEOPLE.....SINCE THE WORLD DO NOT WANT TO GIVE AFRICA A CHANCE BECAUSE OUR LEADERS HAS FAILED,...THEN WE HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW......

I HOPE NOLLYWOOD PRACTITIONERS ARE READING THIS,........

WHY NOT NOLLYWOOD STRIKE A DEAL WITH WALLMART OR FIESTA OR HEB TO MARKET THERE MOVIES IN THE STATES,.......EACH TIME I DRIVE AROUND HER IN THE STATES, I ALWAYS ASK ......THIS PEOPLE IN NOLLYWOOD ARE THEY NOT OPPENNING THEIR EYES.....
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
seuncyber: Hin no dey even call am DON-JAZZY again......na jazzy nw oooo!!! *apa ti jabo

Lmao @ apa ti jabo. . Nice one buddie. tongue cheesy
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Booty4me: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
Www.fairytales.co.uk the both parties can kiss my hairy ass or berra still....

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by djon78(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
wow to summarise this interview;

dbanj is very ambitious and realy wants to go global

don jazzy wants the status quo to remain, and he is scared of change, scared of moving out of his comfort zone.

even if dbanj fails(and its not likely), i will put him as a great man because at least he tried.

infact what he is trying to achieve is very legendary.

i know he will make it.when i heard of their brake up i was like dbanj could not make it without don jazzy. but now i know he really has big ambition to conquer the world through africa.

i think that guy has guts because he is really taking afro music into the global sphere, he is going global. and i think that what most african companies should be doing, making a niche in the world.
koko master nna u really impress me nwanne, i want more of our people to have the mindset of this guy aand also the guy na correct business man
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2012
On a superficial analysis of things, I don't think Jazzy can win the propaganda war with Dbanj.
What sells in music these days is bullsh$t, and Dbanj has got a lot of it.
Besides, the direction in music industry now, globally, is collaboration to win new markets. I think Dbanj is on track here.

Jazzy over to you. When will your interview be published to call Dbanj a liar?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2012
Booty4me: Www.fairytales.co.uk

and who says your opinion counts here sicktard ?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by talk2D: 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2012
Maybe they didn't start well
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by czay(m): 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2012
Dbanj carry on..nothing do you

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by sweetcocoa(f): 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
Ejiné: The boy still sounds arrogant as hell. Scrolling down that long interview, all I could see coming from the chap was "I bought this, I bought that, I bought a car for the manager of Dansa, and everybody knows him now because I bought him the car, I bought myself an Aston Martin".
Honestly, I could give a flying phuck about Mo'Hits and the noise pollutants they call songs.

Phaser set to "Don't care" at the moment.
Hmm if someone told me i'd read that i wouldn't have believed it but i did and I'm kinda glad i did so.

I must say he didn't sound arrogant to me,something led to him stating those,i really didn't care about their ish but right now i like Dbanj,not taking sides but this is an eye opener.

Never imagined Dbanj older than jazzy,hmm.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by iykay4455(m): 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
It's only in Nigeria that we celebrate a mediocre like dbanj.I can't wait to see him dumped by Kanye West.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by adconline(m): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
‘I’m a businessman.’ I learnt from my mom, who’s a very successful businesswoman. So having run and funded Mohits for nine years, I knew we had to move to the next level. And everything we wanted was happening. Finally we could take African music to the world.

How could you found and run Mohits for 9 years when you had earlier said that you were the VP of Mohits? Even by your 50:50 admission, would it not be fair to say that you " co-founded and and co-ran Mohits for nine years"? Why taking 100% credit?

‘You can see he has signed already’, he said, showing the agreement with Don Jazzy’s signature. ‘I have full rights to my catalogue and full ownership of my Koko Holdings, while he has full ownership of Mo’Hits, including the artistes and liabilities.

What happened to their 50:50 ownership when sharing Mohits's assets and liabilities? It's either Dbanj is not telling the truth or his lawyers and advisers allowed him to be cheated by Don Jazzy. He did not get anything from Mohits even though he was a co-founder?

Why did you tell Ebony you own Mohits?

My mom advised me not to speak. And the interviewer took it out of context. I co-owned Mohits. We registered the business in 2004, and we owned it 50:50. So I spoke about that, but the interviewer took it wrong and the fans put pressure on them and they corrected it.

The story keeps changing. It seems someone is always speaking before thinking. How about this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUa6n1B9CFY&feature=related.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by IykeD(m): 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
Pls who can help me summarize the rantings of this arrogant guy? I bought this, I bought that...gosh This guy needs to grow up. After taking Government money from GEG, he is here spilling rubbish.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Booty4me: 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

and who says your opinion counts here sicktard ?
gbosa

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
I read d whole article..
Never really noticed any betraying act ...
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
Entertainment industry betrayal = 99%
Basic Arithmetic = 1%

2% of 800m = 16m not 8.5m
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2012
Don Jazzy's inferiority complex wont let him roll with the big boys. SMH. I love D'banj's courage. I hope he makes it even bigger with them GOOD music fellas.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by IykeD(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
moha00nine: Entertainment industry betrayal = 99%
Basic Arithmetic = 1%

2% of 800m = 16m not 8.5m

lol don't mind that guy!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
martyns303: D'banj is older than Don jazzy, never would have guessed.
undecided
You actually believed that?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by emsquare(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Even if them no like you,them go still dance to your music. tongue cheesy ride on bro grin

Hmmmm!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by afrodoc(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
dbanj is at least a year older than don jazzy,thats a fact.
don jazzy got into d same sec school a year after me(though i later left d school) and was 98 set,he was born either 1981 or 1982 while dbanj was born in 1980
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by dapo338(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
2 Long thing abi story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Paul Okoye: Poor Vs Rich (Photos) / Joseph Benjamin Celebrates His 40th Birthday / Stefflon Don Refuses To Let Go Her 1 Penny Change From A Cashier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.