Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,768 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West (8136 Views)

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west / FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by kokoA(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2012
Jaidey-one:
GEJ is a confirmed idiot... What's his own definition of international standard? 90% of the developing countries of the world don't have the military power nigeria has as the most populous black nation in the world.

Help me ask oga jona o undecided
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by wordychap: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2012
Question: is Nig army of international standard? do we need help from developed nations 2 hack BH? cud GEJ v said dis 2 canvass help? I'd say YES 2 all! GEJ must v read his speech 4rm a sript so advisers n all must v weighed d statements. in a country w d army plant bombs 2 kill pple there're sent 2 protect in d name of sentiments etc-Jos, GEJ tel d world again n more if it'll reduce amount of innocent bld shed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by MmuoOkija: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
International Standards for the Military. .

1. The Airforce should be able to boast of a wide array of fighter jets, bombers and air tankers. . and well trained personnel to service, fly and manage these

2. The Navy should also be able to boast of atleast 5 aircraft carriers, Amphibious assault ship, submarines, mine sweepers, destroyers and battle ships.

3. The Army should be able to boast of a different special inits from paratroopers to Special forces. They should also boast of top of the line Amoured personnel carriers (APC's), Tanks, mortars, and gears for the soldiers like Night vision goggles for night ops, stabilizers on their weapons, Kevlar bulletproof vests, bulletproof helmets and more. . .

4. The armed forces should also possess an proper military research and trainning institute were weapons and tactical development would be studied and taught to fighters.

5. Intel gathering capabilities. .

Frankly, Jonathan did not lie. . . I mean, if we did have such a world class armed forces, accidents such as the Ikeja cantoment bomb saga and the Port-Harcourt missile misharp would not happen

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by MmuoOkija: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
Tam David west is a persona non grata.. Joining ndi ilo to fight his brother. . Fhucking traitor
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by 999666: 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
How can a President and C-in-C inform the whole world that his army is incompetent!!! This must take its place among the most infamous statement made by any world leader ever.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by illyg: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goodluck is our president and he needs our support and respect for him to succeed. i dont think is rational for us to be insulting our president anytime he make mistake. He is just a mere mortal that can make mistake anytime. It is quite irresponsible for you to insult yr leader. I dont like some of his policies and i will never vote for Jonathan but in as far as he remain our president which is ordained by Allah, please we should all respect him.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
I wonder why Oga Beaf scampers off threads like this when presented with opportunities to defend the president. You and your fellow Jonathanians have been asked a question: Even if it is true that our military is below international standards (I happen to believe so, by the way) why should the president wash our dirty linen in public by shouting it to the world?

I have a problem when the Jonathanians in Nairaland refuse to acknowledge GEJ's numerous public gaffes. That was how the guy said the other day that Boko Haram is a burden we have to live with. What kind of leader talks like that? It's shameful.

~Bluetooth:

Since his advisers are doing a very bad job,maybe his facebook fans should start giving him better advices. cheesy cheesy

Abi oooo!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2012
As the C-in-C, there are certain information that should not be divulge especially in an international gathering. Yes he's saying the truth about our armed forces, he could still have been a bit diplomatic with his statement. At least GEJ has been in power for two years and counting, there should be some significant difference in the armed forces with all the trillion naira budget been prepared yearly.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by arogbowei: 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
I hate joining issues with professor Tam David West, but for sure everyone knows that we're below standard in everything, including the military. Is it not true that we were not prepared for terrorism, not even the basic intelligent gathering stage of the fight were we prepared for? When the West (USA) threatened to enlist Nigeria as a terror country, our dear brothers all shouted themselves hoarse that Nigeria is not a terrorist state, therefore instead of preparing our military's intelligence gathering ability we were busy playing the Ostrich. So the President was spot on when he admitted the fact, a fact that the entire military community in the world knows. And by the way, does Prof Tam David West have access to information as thus the President? Presumptuousness is one big gaffe though. our Prof is also guilty of that. So David West should take it easy, we're not fooled, by people like him, no matter how well read.

We still remember vividly, his acceptance of gift in his days as Petroleum minister and the inglorious aftermath. Professor, allow us to breath.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by ijebabe: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
This is is just the heights of stupidity!!! But i'm not holding my breath because I know this our president must find a way to outdo himself! Only God will help our country. Smh

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mmuo Okija: Tam David west is a persona non grata.. Joining ndi ilo to fight his brother. . Fhucking traitor

I have a problem with statements like this. Are you saying that David-West should have looked the other way, because he is a fellow Ijaw? Let's put ethnic and regional interests aside for once, and let's face issues squarely. The president made a big gaffe: It's as simple as that, and Prof West was right to point it out.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Omen100(m): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Beaf: Tam David West is just bitter about not being the foremost Ijaw man. It is really sad that he is letting it bet the better of him with his frequent utterances that have only led his own people to scorn his name.

What sensible person thinks Nigeria's army is up to World standards? I really pity Tam David West.

beef or chicken, like I have said in the order thread, like my Mum's will always replied a stupid spoiled egg head like you, "WHO IS YOUR FATHER" ?
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by EPOMA(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
Beaf: Tam David West is just bitter about not being the foremost Ijaw man. It is really sad that he is letting it bet the better of him with his frequent utterances that have only led his own people to scorn his name.

What sensible person thinks Nigeria's army is up to World standards? I really pity Tam David West.
Again the stupidity of Beaf continues, there is a waGoodluck could have put it.I mean use words like mordenisation
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by gegee(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
nigerians like self deceit too much abi our army no dey below standard ? abeg make unna park ! and unna think say the foreigners no know say everything for naija don rot finish na news ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by gegee(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
alj harem:

LOL you are really this da.ft. Do you think people actually care who is foremost or not ? Maybe you need to read more on Ijaw history and how they think

and alhaji just wat do u know about ijaw history and the way they think ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by ijebabe: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
gegee: nigerians like self deceit too much abi our army no dey below standard ? abeg make unna park ! and unna think say the foreigners no know say everything for naija don rot finish na news ?

A civilian like you can scream it out for the whole world to hear but the president has higher obligations and much is expected from him. If he feels its not up to par then do something about it instead of being a sitting duck or criticising. Just my opinion.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by farolee(m): 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
doctokwus: On dis issue,GEJ is spot on,say d truth& shame d devil.Evrytin in nig is dfinitely below Standard,it dosnt evn nid to b internationl,d police,army,navy,airforce,customs,universities,hospitals& d 2 most important national institutions:d entire national assembly& d presidency.So y is tam gettin agitated?
GEJ is also below international standard since is runing institutions that are below international standard,or wht do u think?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by MmuoOkija: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
HNosegbe:

I have a problem with statements like this. Are you saying that David-West should have looked the other way, because he is a fellow Ijaw? Let's put ethnic and regional interests aside for once, and let's face issues squarely. The president made a big gaffe: It's as simple as that, and Prof West was right to point it out.

Right that what?!

If the Nigerian military were so fantastic, why would they be out manueverd in the creeks by militants every day?! Why are they finding it difficult to deal with the boko haram menace?! The president is honest and said it out loud. . dont decieve yourself, he did say anything that was a secret. .

farolee: GEJ is also below international standard since is runing institutions that are below international standard,or wht do u think?

What institution did he institute?! Is he the founder of the Military?! If he had come out to say the Nigerian Army were an elite fighting force, people would call him a lair, now he has said the truth as it is, people are talking about hiding our secrets. . Arrant nonsense. .

Nigeiran are insatiable and dont deserve to be told the truth.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Sweetlemon(f): 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijebabe:

A civilian like you can scream it out for the whole world to hear but the president has higher obligations and much is expected from him. If he feels its not up to par then do something about it instead of being a sitting duck or criticising. Just my opinion.
Thumbs up!
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Sweetlemon(f): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Right that what?!

If the Nigerian military were so fantastic, why would they be out manueverd in the creeks by militants every day?! Why are they finding it difficult to deal with the boko haram menace?! The president is honest and said it out loud. . dont decieve yourself, he did say anything that was a secret. .

What institution did he institute?! Is he the founder of the Military?! If he had come out to say the Nigerian Army were an elite fighting force, people would call him a lair, now he has said the truth as it is, people are talking about hiding our secrets. . Arrant nonsense. .

Nigeiran are insatiable and dont deserve to be told the truth.
Nobody is saying that Mr. President is not saying the truth. But there are more mature, diplomatic and business-like ways of doing things like this. Now YOU and pple like you are the ones who need to tell yourselves the truth
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Right that what?!

Oga, go and read my post again. I never said our military was "fantastic", I said Mr President shouldn't have shouted it out to the whole world, in Germany of all places. Germany!!!

If there's a problem with the military, he should fix it. Last time I checked, HE was the commander-in-chief.

HNosegbe: I wonder why Oga Beaf scampers off threads like this when presented with opportunities to defend the president. You and your fellow Jonathanians have been asked a question: Even if it is true that our military is below international standards (I happen to believe so, by the way) why should the president wash our dirty linen in public by shouting it to the world?

I have a problem when the Jonathanians in Nairaland refuse to acknowledge GEJ's numerous public gaffes. That was how the guy said the other day that Boko Haram is a burden we have to live with. What kind of leader talks like that? It's shameful.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by gegee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijebabe:

the president was just plainly stating a fact to let them know why he thinks nigeria needs their help with our army. that i think is doing something about our below standard army
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by gregg2: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
GEJ was right.
The truth is often bitter but better.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by jpphilips(m): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
what most people fail to realize is that modern warfare is more psychological than physical.
i wasn't surprised it came from Tam David because even as a civilian, he served a military administration so at least he understands that perception is vital in military strategies.

i wasn't surprised at most Nigerians because we live in a country where a nitwit like beaf will get a special advisory position, a country that celebrate incompetence, if it were Iran or North Korea lucky joe will run out of luck to face serious treasonable charges, at least Iraq will throw a dirty shoe to his face without remorse.

when the Chinese PL12 missile was still a concept weapon, they didn't even have a carrier aircraft at the time but was in a hurry to go world wide touting it as the biggest blast weapon in the world.
what about the US and their "invincible" spy drones? we know a unit is cooling off in Iranian custody, wondering which Iranian eye saw it lol.

it is all about perception and it is very irresponsible of our C in C to utter such rubbish but for someone advised by a nincompoop like beaf i expect less.

for years now some American allies are relatively safe from insurgence because of the war on terror, why was the Liberian west side boys eager to sign a truce with the British led NATO but not with the ECOWAS led ECOMOG when the later has been pounding them for years? ans: perception/paranoia of what they think the British will do.

A sell out like this will not only put Nigerians at risk but also will encourage every Islamic bingo to test their sanguinary antics on Nigerian soil.
does any of you know the state of mind of Men and women who put their lives on the line to secure this failed state?

this is an irresponsible mockery of our cohesive apparatus of state though coming from a head of state who has proved incompetence beyond reasonable doubt, is no news.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by ijebabe: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2012
gegee:

the president was just plainly stating a fact to let them know why he thinks nigeria needs their help with our army. that i think is doing something about our below standard army

With his history I'm not holding my breath. I'm still waiting for him to make his real mark in Nigeria, hopefully good luck will be on his side smiley
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Delafruita(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mmuo Okija: Tam David west is a persona non grata.. Joining ndi ilo to fight his brother. . Fhucking traitor
you are here again to spew your usual gibberish.so everybody should keep quiet when retardeen disgraces us abi.abeg just waka pass
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Delafruita(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
honestly,if al armies of the world were to be assesed,nigeria will definitely fall in the top 25.thats one pride this country has and thats why we claim the title "giant of africa".our army is always required in crisis points in africa.dats why our view is always sought when crisis erupts.for jonathan to say such,plain stupidity
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by AJpikin: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
GEJ is an embarrassment? Yeap! I agree 10x 100%.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by doctokwus: 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
farolee: GEJ is also below international standard since is runing institutions that are below international standard,or wht do u think?
Is not frm my mouth. U wud hear dat one.D one thing am sure of is dat d presidency is dfinitely below stdrds.Anyone dat doesn't know who makes up d presidency is on his own
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by faboulicious(m): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
must GEJ always say something in public if he knows his mouth can not connect properly with his brain as to uttering the rigth words, doubt if theres anything of note in that empty skull of his.
@BEAF why is it that you are always putting up defence for this slowpoke of a president we have your judgement leaves little to be imagined.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by wordychap: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
after going thru d speech d VP Sambo made on behalf of GEJ i come to wonder y Prof West screamed embarrassment n d media titled it ''army below international standard''. there were many +ve things said about d Nig army dat an unbiased eye wud v focused on! Nairalanders listen 2 d speech first before ranting, ur opinion might change!
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Johndoe100(m): 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
I have told this old fool to tone his critisim down, I have even asked his son to advice him like ten times, but the old goat will not stop. I feel like giving him a good kick. But his son's an ok chap so what to do? Someone should kick the man for me abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War / Breaking News: Multi Billion Ibadan Airport In Pictures / FG To Commission Ten Power Plants This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.