Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,681 members, 7,813,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West (8129 Views)

N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west / FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2012
A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof. Tam David-West, yesterday criticised President Goodluck Jonathan for embarrassing the nation through his constant gaffes.

He criticised Dr Jonathan for saying the Nigerian Army was below international standards.

Speaking with The Nation in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, the former minister noted that the President has been embarrassing the nation by his alleged gaffes, especially outside the country.

According to him, by saying the Nigerian Army is below international standards, the President has indicted himself as the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

David-West urged Dr Jonathan to define what he meant by international standards and tell the world how many military installations he has visited in the world to arrive at that conclusion.

He said: “President Jonathan should stop embarrassing Nigeria and the Presidency by his consistent gaffes. How can Jonathan, who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, go to the Defence Academy and declare to the world that the Nigerian Army is below international standards? I was shocked out of disbelief. I have never in my entire life heard such recklessness and irresponsibility from the high office of the Presidency. Jonathan apparently does not realise that it was a direct indictment of himself as the Commander-in-Chief without prejudice to the embarrassment of the entire nation.”

“Let Jonathan tell us the meaning of international standards. How many military installations has he visited in the world to come to the conclusion that the Nigerian military is below international standard? It was a very embarrassing statement. He even put the security of the country in jeopardy.”

David-West recalled that Dr Jonathan asked Germany to help Nigeria fight the Boko Haram sect.

The former minister urged the President should stop embarrassing the country, adding that he should resign or go back to his village to save Nigeria further embarrassment
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/44225-jonathan-embarrassing-nigerians-says-david-west.html

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by CyberG: 12:40am On Apr 24, 2012
Retardeen Jonathan Gaffeluck must put his foot in his mouth all the time because he is too stupide to represent even a class of secondary school kids. Well, there you have it Mr. Foot-in-Mouth Gaffeluck Egbere Jonstupide.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by doctokwus: 1:48am On Apr 24, 2012
On dis issue,GEJ is spot on,say d truth& shame d devil.Evrytin in nig is dfinitely below Standard,it dosnt evn nid to b internationl,d police,army,navy,airforce,customs,universities,hospitals& d 2 most important national institutions:d entire national assembly& d presidency.So y is tam gettin agitated?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Ndata(m): 2:08am On Apr 24, 2012
I hope you guys have heared this one coming from Niger-Deltan in the person of Tam David west.If this assertion was made by a northerner, hell will let loose.Jonathan doesnt even know the meaning of commander in chief of the armed forces.Its a pity!
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Beaf: 2:08am On Apr 24, 2012
Tam David West is just bitter about not being the foremost Ijaw man. It is really sad that he is letting it bet the better of him with his frequent utterances that have only led his own people to scorn his name.

What sensible person thinks Nigeria's army is up to World standards? I really pity Tam David West.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Beaf: 2:12am On Apr 24, 2012
Ndata: I hope you guys have heared this one coming from Niger-Deltan in the person of Tam David west.If this assertion was made by a northerner, hell will let loose.Jonathan doesnt even know the meaning of commander in chief of the armed forces.Its a pity!
Is the idiocy of a Niger Deltan, Tam David West something of joy to Northerners? Please speak for yourself and yourself only; there are many progressive Northerners out there, Northerners are not bitter freaks in the class of Tam David West.

Maybe you do not know that the name Tam David West is like toilet roll in the Niger Delta. Well, you know that now.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by aljharem(m): 3:13am On Apr 24, 2012
Beaf: Tam David West is just bitter about not being the foremost Ijaw man. It is really sad that he is letting it bet the better of him with his frequent utterances that have only led his own people to scorn his name.

What sensible person thinks Nigeria's army is up to World standards? I really pity Tam David West.

LOL you are really this da.ft. Do you think people actually care who is foremost or not ? Maybe you need to read more on Ijaw history and how they think
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Beaf: 3:49am On Apr 24, 2012
alj harem:

LOL you are really this da.ft. Do you think people actually care who is foremost or not ? Maybe you need to read more on Ijaw history and how they think
We know you are from a backward family that gives their little babies garri, instead of milk.
Thats why you've grown up amazingly stup!d and jealous of Beaf and keep following me everywhere like a puppy.

Hilarious! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by lagcity(m): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2012
Now that Beaf's slave master Jonathan don open our nyash say Naija Army ain't shit, maybe Cameroon might just get confident and send Army to annex Cross River state. Hell, they might even take Delta state, too. I've never come across this dumb shit in my life: Admitting ur army is weak. Chai! We don suffer for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by gidiMonsta(m): 8:59am On Apr 24, 2012
GEJ just keeps embarrassing Nigeria in ways you least expect. How can a C-in-C go to Germany and tell d whole world that our Army is incompetent, doesn't he know what that does to d morale of d men of d Armed Forces? This gaffe alone is enough to endanger the lives of our boys @ home and in peace keeping missions all over world by emboldening our enemies, BH, MEND and other local militias to attack our military installations. Even if he was going to ask for military help from Germany, he should have done that in private not in the manner that is unbecoming of the C-in-C of d largest army in black Africa.

I don't blame him though cos we all know he doesn't connect his tongue to the braim before uttering statements, I choose to blame his Advisers; Abati, Reno nd co. Rather than sit this man down and tell him he should watch his ridiculous public speeches they are busy fighting media wars with those criticizing their boss.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by kay9(m): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2012
We all know that our country's army can't compare with those of the U.S and Germany, but the Nigerian Army has proven over and over again that it definitely cuts it mettle in sub-saharan Africa. As for what defines ''international standard'', i propose we leave that topic for another day. But for our very own president to go abroad and publicly belittle the army of the country which he gorverns, now that is an INSULT.
-
Prof. West may not be the right person to point it out; you could even accuse him of speaking out of spite if you want. BUT does not change the fact that our eediot of a president committed a horrible blunder. It is the height of stupidity and tactlessness. Lets call a spade a spade.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by aurenflani: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2012
Ppl dis is serious! D other day he said he is not a general forgetting dat as presido, he is d c in c of a nation of over 160 millions. Now, in a foreign land he said our army is not upto standard - the german army and other western nation that are upto standard are being butchered in afghanistan by d taliban yet not one president from these country has made such a statement but here we are despite the world acclaimed success of our troops in foreign lands including in hell called somalia our president drunkenly saying what he said is pathetic.
I don't want to say it but then southerners as presidents have dis lowly esteem about them. OBJ went as far as bringing US army and allowed them access into our military installations in the name of training the NA against d protest of the then chief of d army (Victor Malu).
This ppl - i doubt if they really understand what is called national security at all. No wonder all dis stupid militia groups are having a field day butchering Nigerians. Obviously d army is demoralised.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by honeric01(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2012
Fools govern by a fool, what a combo grin
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by zylla(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2012
kokoA:

You are a[b]nother[/b] Nigerian below world standard grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by MacLovington(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2012
Now GEJ wants to provoke the armed forces. Just because OBJ did a lot to keep them in check doesn't mean that Jonathan can do same. In the face of massive corruption scandals, GEJ should not provoke the army.

Things were not even as bad as this during Shagari's time. The rest is history.

The same Nigerian Army he's dissing now were the ones literally guarding German soldiers in Somalia (German soldiers not allowed by weight of history to be combattant in Foreign land, not even to defend themselves back then in Somalia).

Some Nigerian soldiers may even even died shielding Germans soldiers then.

Are those scores of advisers only just there to loot money and eat pepper soup at Aso Rock?
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Revolutnz: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2012
I just hope the army won't prove him wrong cos if they do, that will be his end.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by azeeza(f): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2012
doctokwus: On dis issue,GEJ is spot on,say d truth& shame d devil.Evrytin in nig is dfinitely below Standard,it dosnt evn nid to b internationl,d police,army,navy,airforce,customs,universities,hospitals& d 2 most important national institutions:d entire national assembly& d presidency.So y is tam gettin agitated?

Even Nigerians are below international standard.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Dpharisee: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2012
GEJ doesnt really know that as commander in chief he is the highest ranking military officer in Nigeria; dont blame him so much because sometimes it is difficult to understand some of these issues as a civilian president when you are coming from the classroom into politics.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by killuminati(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2012
doctokwus: On dis issue,GEJ is spot on,say d truth& shame d devil.Evrytin in nig is dfinitely below Standard,it dosnt evn nid to b internationl,d police,army,navy,airforce,customs,universities,hospitals& d 2 most important national institutions:d entire national assembly& d presidency.So y is tam gettin agitated?
even if all the above mentioned are below standard, must he go and tell that to the whole world. What a total embarrassment!! This man is absolutely daft, clueless and incompetent. Shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by killuminati(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2012
gidiMonsta: GEJ just keeps embarrassing Nigeria in ways you least expect. How can a C-in-C go to Germany and tell d whole world that our Army is incompetent, doesn't he know what that does to d morale of d men of d Armed Forces? This gaffe alone is enough to endanger the lives of our boys @ home and in peace keeping missions all over world by emboldening our enemies, BH, MEND and other local militias to attack our military installations. Even if he was going to ask for military help from Germany, he should have done that in private not in the manner that is unbecoming of the C-in-C of d largest army in black Africa.

I don't blame him though cos we all know he doesn't connect his tongue to the braim before uttering statements, I choose to blame his Advisers; Abati, Reno nd co. Rather than sit this man down and tell him he should watch his ridiculous public speeches they are busy fighting media wars with those criticizing their boss.
bros I hail you jor!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Walexz02(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2012
I heard dt pple adress u d way u dress urself...even if nigeria's army is nt up to international standard it shouldn't b heard 4rm d president.
Moreover d GEJ of a thing is making things worse than we think. Remember an army of sheep lead by a lion can defeat an army of lion lead by a sheep

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2012
Since his advisers are doing a very bad job,maybe his facebook fans should start giving him better advices. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by worm(f): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2012
The Retardeen Jonadunce Gaffeluck have spoken.
If this army guys vex eh?
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by maclatunji: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2012
Too bad, the man is always shaking in public and saying all the wrong things.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Aliyeous(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2012
Cheii olodo oddee dolo sakarai wawa magana zarar bune ce
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by msay: 11:34am On Apr 24, 2012
I see bunch of fools sinking.....
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by OmawumiMegbele(m): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2012

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by frankcimc(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2012
I am sure if anything happens in that ASO ROCK now as in the Amy vex or sth, everyone will blame GEJ because he started it, even though the truth must be said sometimes we need practical wisdom to deal with some issues.
Re: Jonathan Embarrassing Nigerians, Says David- West by Jaideyone(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2012
GEJ is a confirmed idiot... What's his own definition of international standard? 90% of the developing countries of the world don't have the military power nigeria has as the most populous black nation in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UPDATE: Biafrans Protesting In Abuja Right Now. Photostuesday, 1 December 2015 / Abdulaziz Yari: Governors Toothless To Secure Their States / Panic In Tinubu's Camp Over Peter Obi's Growing Popularity In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.