Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba (10058 Views)

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others / Nigerian Scientists Find Cure For Banana Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Rhino5dm: 3:17am On Apr 24, 2012
Russians find oil, gold, silver in Taraba

Russian scientists from the Institute of Aerospace Instrumentation have discovered deposits of silver and traces of gold and oil in central and northern parts of Taraba. Mr Valery Shaposhinkov, the Economic Counsellor of Russian Embassy in Nigeria, disclosed this on Monday in Jalingo while briefing Gov. Danbaba Suntai on their survey for mineral deposits in the state.

The Counsellor noted that Russian scientists had vast experience in mineral exploration across the world and were sure of their findings. "Of what we have found, silver is the largest in deposit in the northern part and traces of gold and oil, which are at a middle level in central and northern parts of the state," he said. The lead scientist, Robert Mukhanmedyenov, who spoke through an interpreter, explained that deposits of lead and zinc were also found in the northern zone.

He said that precious stones were also discovered along the Benue trough in southern part of the state. "This is our first contract in Taraba and we hope to continue our survey of the state for more information on the discoveries especially gold and crude oil. "Silver deposits we have so far discovered, cover 1.7 km in a 1,000 square kilometres," the lead scientists said.

Responding, Suntai said God was about to open the state to greatness. ``God is about to open the great riches with which he has endowed the state to us. ``If we are able to exploit this great opportunity, we will become a self-sufficient state. ``We will commit funds to the project to ensure that the journey of becoming a rich state starts soonest. ``Even if it does not happen in my own time, it is going to happen in the next generation and Taraba will be able to stand on its feet," he said. .

www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=160415%3Arussians-find-oil-gold-silver-in-taraba&catid
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by aljharem(m): 3:23am On Apr 24, 2012
about time, everyone can go their separate ways

2 Likes

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by nduchucks: 3:40am On Apr 24, 2012
That title should have read "Russian Find Silver, Traces of Gold and Oil".
Of what we have found, silver is the largest in deposit in the northern part and traces of [/b]gold and [b]oil, which are at a middle level in central and northern parts of the state,

We've always know that minerals such as Silver and Gold were present in Taraba state. Aerospace Instrumentation technology is not the ideal way of oil exploration. I wouldn't get excited over this "oil" find just yet - its anoother potential environmental disaster in the making.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by pcicero(m): 9:07am On Apr 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: That title should have read "Russian Find Silver, Traces of Gold and Oil".

We've always know that minerals such as Silver and Gold were present in Taraba state. Aerospace Instrumentation technology is not the ideal way of oil exploration. I wouldn't get excited over this "oil" find just yet - its anoother potential environmental disaster in the making.

I served in Taraba and I have always known the state has abundant Mineral Resources including Gold and Silver. So I was also surprised that the Russians just discovered them!
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Okijajuju1(m): 9:29am On Apr 24, 2012
Even North wan become Niger Delta abi!!!! grin

I will like to see what they can mine out of those barren lands.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by scopusng(m): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2012
Good for them now time to split.No more cry for oil.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by sholatech(m): 9:32am On Apr 24, 2012
This has been common knowledge for long.
Back in 2007, we mined lead and zinc with silver components in some parts of Northern Taraba.
And it was because we read an old but well-known documentation on the mineralisation there.
I am sure most Geology Students in Nigeria know about these!
Waste of money to explore. The govt should have just gone to determine extent of deposits and estimate reserves and see how investors will troop in.
This is no news to Mining Investors..it has been known since, and so many parts of Nigeria also have these!

4 Likes

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by saydfact(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2012
ANOTHER WAHALA / TROUBLE & SOURCE OF EMBEZZLEMENT IS FOUND..... I pity 9ja....wat did we achieve with the previous?
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by KINGwax(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Even North wan become Niger Delta abi!!!! grin

you never disappoint to display your stup¡dity. Has anyone ever elucidate u better dt dubai was once a barren land?

4 Likes

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2012
Which one is Traces, its either you have Gold , Oil OR NOT,

1 Like

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by oba009(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2012
[b]Responding, Suntai said God was about to open the state to greatness. ``[b]God is about to open the great riches with which he has endowed the state to us. ``If we are able to exploit this great opportunity, we will become a self-sufficient state. ``We will commit funds to the project to ensure that the journey of becoming a rich state starts soonest. ``Even if it does not happen in my own time, it is going to happen in the next generation and Taraba will be able to stand on its feet," he said. .[/b][/b]

Another way of embezzeling government money just arrived taraba. PDP-Poverty to people
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by maclatunji: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2012
sholatech: This has been common knowledge for long.
Back in 2007, we mined lead and zinc with silver components in some parts of Northern Taraba.
And it was because we read an old but well-known documentation on the mineralisation there.
I am sure most Geology Students in Nigeria know about these!
Waste of money to explore. The govt should have just gone to determine extent of deposits and estimate reserves and see how investors will troop in.
This is no news to Mining Investors..it has been known since, and so many parts of Nigeria also have these!

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by seedord247(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2012
I can see the reason why the north want seperation.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Immarnuel(m): 10:12am On Apr 24, 2012
The only news we want to hear is the mining or the extraction not the traces, we are tired of seeing traces, we all know Nigeria is blessed with several mineral resources not several trace of mineral resources.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by MrGlobe(m): 10:38am On Apr 24, 2012
I didnt even bother to read the article but something sounds fishy about the tittle. How can the same scientist discover oil, gold and silver at the same time. All different entities and contexture. Quack scientists

1 Like

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Ozonna(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2012
Immarnuel: The only news we want to hear is the mining or the extraction not the traces, we are tired of seeing traces, we all know Nigeria is blessed with several mineral resources not several trace of mineral resources.

TRUE TALK
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by YoursGEJ(m): 11:03am On Apr 24, 2012
enter boko haram militants
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by chimney(m): 11:05am On Apr 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Even North wan become Niger Delta abi!!!! grin

u dey yarn dust,r tomatoes and yams planted on barren lands?y u dey beef,shuldn't u rather be proud abi no b 4 naija e dey happen?
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2012
bad news 4 sum tribalist.. Gud news 4 nigeria
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by tiarabubu: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2012
This is common knowledge really and its like this throughout the country. i came across a mineral survey of this state a long time ago and if my memory serves me right its a huge potential waiting to be tapped.

Apart from the findings of the scientist, Lead, mineral clay, talc, salt and silver is also found in the south of the state. On the Mambilla plateau several mineral resources also abound. The highly silty river of Kastina Ala make the Plateau their source and wash down mineral rich deposits down river. Also, uranium is found in the state (cant verify if its in commercial quantity) The exploitation of these minerals is beyond the skills of local miners.

All that is left is for the vultures to leave the scene and genuine patriots to come and lay the foundation for the future of not just the state but of the country.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by serenegroup(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2012
As a geologist it is near impossible to find oil in the same terrain as gold and silver and other solid minerals. i can believe the story abt goldn silver but as for the oil i have my doubt.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by vizion: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
finding oil and mineral resourse is not enough, do they have enough in commercial quantity to justify its exploration
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by gbogboti: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
Its not a new discovery. What's new is the estimate of silver-gold deposit area coverage. I trust the whites when it comes to scientific accuracy. The middle benue trough is rich in economic stones we know. The questions is, how much resources is the state government willing to put into the exploration process? Nigeria is blessed, we know. Is rather sad that collectively, we don't feel happy about good news from other regions.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by frankdon(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
Taraba state is nature's gift to the nation and the governor is working. The state still pride itself as the most peaceful state in the northeastern part of naija without boko boys even if they come, they usually meet their waterloo.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by OneNaira6: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I didnt even bother to read the article but something sounds fishy about the tittle. How can the same scientist discover oil, gold and silver at the same time. All different entities and contexture. Quack scientists

True talk. It makes no sense but please lets not analyze this too much. For now, lets just rejoice even if its fake or not.

Thank you lord!!! They can now go
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Iniobon(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
Let the Russian scientist be sure, and I hope he did not take his soil sample from area that had oil spill from NNPC pipeline.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2012
seedord247: I can see the reason why the north want seperation.
If na dat one, we will gladly accept.
Infact we dash dem all of the old northern region
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by emmke(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
great news. Hopefully more to come
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by nku5: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2012
alj harem: about time, everyone can go their separate ways

Tell that to my boss who is a militant, pump action shotgun toting, ecwa church memmber from taraba, he will ask you who he is supposed to be forming country with. The man is even more wary of the caliphate clique than most southerners I know
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Eazeee(m): 6:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
am happy but sad. wat does d governor means by 'WE'?
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by GboyegaD(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
Despite all the resources we are blessed with, how has it help improve the quality of life of the common man? Until we tackle the challenge of bad leadership, I am not sure we are ready to move forward as a nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Anti-impeachment Protesters Arrested In Nassarawa / 21 Storey Building In Uyo Central Bussiness District Reaches 14th Floor / 2019: Plan For Consensus Candidate Unsettles PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.