Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba (10060 Views)

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives / FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others / Nigerian Scientists Find Cure For Banana Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by bakila: 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Even North wan become Niger Delta abi!!!! grin

I will like to see what they can mine out of those barren lands.

Okija you are a comfirmed mumu. Taraba needs no oil to make you angry. The state is natures gift to the nation. It has not only fertile land for production of food/cash crops, it is blessed with ponds rivers benue, donga and taraba and gongola and streams for fishing that has feeed Ikom, Ogoja and Onitsha.

It has temprate weathers in the mambilla plateau and one of the few states in northern nigeria to have timber and palm oil explotation and production in commercial quantity.
Okija mumu, from Wukari, tella Danancha, baruwa, Mutumbiyu, Iware, bantaje and other have come cows, yam, cassava, sorghum, egusi, fish, groundnut, corn and rice for soup, swallow beer, starch and employment og Igbo people.

Amadioha help you go aright from your new found stupidity.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Akpan107(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
enter boko haram militants
Boko Haram cant work in Taraba State, since Taraba is a Christian State. No hiding place for them!!!
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by bakila: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
One_Naira:

True talk. It makes no sense but please lets not analyze this too much. For now, lets just rejoice even if its fake or not.

Thank you lord!!! They can now go

That is a state you would not want to go if you know Nigeria well.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by joinnow: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2012
Naija its is hard time we start Taraba Gold rush.
I don start to head begin my Jorney to Taraba like Johnnie walker.
I get one old metal detector I pray it go still be able to detect wher the Gold and silver dey oooooo
on my way to Taraba see you there grin
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 25, 2012
The niger delta produces about 3m barrels of oil daily to sustain this country. are the finds in commercial quantity? If not, then it is as good as useless.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by adeoflagos: 2:26am On Apr 25, 2012
@serenegroup

Did you state that you are a geologist and that its near impossible to find solid mineral deposits in association with oil. I will forgive the likelihood that you may not have the authority or knowledge about such topic. Please try as much as possible to use Google to do a search on a topic you may not be an expert on.

While finding commercial quantity of mineral deposits with oil (and vice-versa) is not always a certainty. There are vast reports of some petroleum deposits occurring in association with probably minor amounts of minerals, without considering diagenetic minerals that may not have commercial value. If you are familiar with the process for petroleum migration from its source (rock) to its reservoir and the influence of heat on the process, then you will easily understand that co-migration and occasional deposition of oil and certain minerals is likely under some condition, especially for minerals that are released from volcanic or geothermally active zones within the earth crust. Such minerals are often transported with petroleum from deeper and hotter zones to cooler zones perfect for storage of petroleum. In some instances, there could be exchange of minerals or elements between deep-zone water and petroleum, especially because of the hydrophobic nature of petroleum. Anyway, do not let me bore you. So kindly withdraw your general statement about solid minerals deposits and oil.

Please try to use Google as much as you can. Its free.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 25, 2012
adeoflagos: @serenegroup

Did you state that you are a geologist and that its near impossible to find solid mineral deposits in association with oil. I will forgive the likelihood that you may not have the authority or knowledge about such topic. Please try as much as possible to use Google to do a search on a topic you may not be an expert on.

While finding commercial quantity of mineral deposits with oil (and vice-versa) is not always a certainty. There are vast reports of some petroleum deposits occurring in association with probably minor amounts of minerals, without considering diagenetic minerals that may not have commercial value. If you are familiar with the process for petroleum migration from its source (rock) to its reservoir and the influence of heat on the process, then you will easily understand that co-migration and occasional deposition of oil and certain minerals is likely under some condition, especially for minerals that are released from volcanic or geothermally active zones within the earth crust. Such minerals are often transported with petroleum from deeper and hotter zones to cooler zones perfect for storage of petroleum. In some instances, there could be exchange of minerals or elements between deep-zone water and petroleum, especially because of the hydrophobic nature of petroleum. Anyway, do not let me bore you. So kindly withdraw your general statement about solid minerals deposits and oil.

Please try to use Google as much as you can. Its free.
You still haven't explained to us how solid minerals like gold and silver can associate with petroleum in the same geological setting?I don't like your speculation to dispute a qualified geologist comment. I too know that there is no common genesis belt for both minerals(petroleum and solid mineral like gold or silver).

My speculation would be that petroleum products used to mine Gold, silver and other solid-state minerals by some private companies in the past could have left those traces of petroleum in the soil. I doubt there is oil in that region because 95% of the rock and sediments are Rhyolites-syenites,Quartz and granite while the remain 5% is basic rock.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Odunnu: 3:45am On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Which one is Traces, its either you have Gold , Oil OR NOT,
gbam. Its common knowledge though.

1 Like

Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2012
Discovering oil is one thing, commercial viability is another.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by pastorub: 7:03am On Apr 25, 2012
Gud news! Bt i since realized dat som northern states hav crude oil. Mayb aftr siphoning 4rm d south,dey'll open up theirs in future
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by M17: 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
TAKE YOUR LAND ,TAKE YOUR DESERT ,TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER INCLUDING YOUR NEW FOUND OIL AND GO YOUR WAY BACK TO NORTH WHERE YOU BELONG . WE ARE NOT BRETHREN ,WE HAVE NEVER AGREED ON ONE THING TOGETHER ,YOU HATED US SO MUCH ,YOU ARE QUICK TO DRAW SWORD AND SLIT OUR PEOPLE .I HATE YOU HAUSA/FULANI ,I MEAN HATE THEM . GIVE THIS EVIL TRIBE LONG SPOON .GIVE THEN THEIR ISLAMIC NIGERIA COUNTRY ,PLEASE WE WANT REFERENDUM IN NIGERIA .WE ARE NOT PART OF NIGERIA .TO HELL WITH YOUR NEW FOUND OIL . GOLD AND DIAMOND HAVE BEEN IN NORTH LONG TIME ,THESE DEVIL'S/ HAUSAFULANI/ALAMAJIRIS HAVE BEEN MINING THIS GOLD AND DIAMOND SECRETLY FOR DECADE'S SAY YOU DON'T ABOUT IT ? OH YOU JUST NOW HEARING IT . GO SUBSCRIBE TO CNN AND YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT LEAD POISON KILLING THEM IN MASSES UP NORTH. I HATE NIGERIA DIVIDE NIGERIA NOW
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by noiseless: 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
We always knew they have minerals underneath their hills and mountains, it's only that they have been too greedy and selfish to share with anyone what is found in their land, and they have been mining them under they watchful eyes of the govt they controled and it's not seen as illegal activity, but are the ones murdering others to seize the little found in far away southern land where everything belongs to their controled govt. Atleast now that they have no choice but to admit they have a lot or some, can they please seriousely campaigne and force the implementation of total resource control system,for them to really enjoy what God bless them with or everyone of us go our saperate way?
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by serenegroup(m): 11:41pm On May 25, 2012
@adeoflagos i understand ur point ur making but i would still stress that in this case of taraba state the likelyhood for petroleum to be found there is next to nil. look u dont get crude oil in a basement complex terrain. even all the reservior rocks. and the source rocks u talked about are all sedimentary rocks . the temperature of formation of crude oil is between 60 to 80 degrees. now wat is d temperature of magmas that comes up during volcanic eruptions 1500 degrees or more crude would be destroyed at this temperature. and this temperature favoures the formations of solid mineral deposits. u cant find gold in the Niger delta and u cant find oil in places where u have gold and other solid minerals that are formed at very high temperatures. i stand to be corrected though.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by ak47mann(m): 1:40am On May 26, 2012
ANOTHER NORTHERN OIL PROPAGANDA cool cool
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
M17: TO GOD BE THE GLORY
TAKE YOUR LAND ,TAKE YOUR DESERT ,TAKE YOUR GOLD AND SILVER INCLUDING YOUR NEW FOUND OIL AND GO YOUR WAY BACK TO NORTH WHERE YOU BELONG . WE ARE NOT BRETHREN ,WE HAVE NEVER AGREED ON ONE THING TOGETHER ,YOU HATED US SO MUCH ,YOU ARE QUICK TO DRAW SWORD AND SLIT OUR PEOPLE .I HATE YOU HAUSA/FULANI ,I MEAN HATE THEM . GIVE THIS EVIL TRIBE LONG SPOON .GIVE THEN THEIR ISLAMIC NIGERIA COUNTRY ,PLEASE WE WANT REFERENDUM IN NIGERIA .WE ARE NOT PART OF NIGERIA .TO HELL WITH YOUR NEW FOUND OIL . GOLD AND DIAMOND HAVE BEEN IN NORTH LONG TIME ,THESE DEVIL'S/ HAUSAFULANI/ALAMAJIRIS HAVE BEEN MINING THIS GOLD AND DIAMOND SECRETLY FOR DECADE'S SAY YOU DON'T ABOUT IT ? OH YOU JUST NOW HEARING IT . GO SUBSCRIBE TO CNN AND YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT LEAD POISON KILLING THEM IN MASSES UP NORTH. I HATE NIGERIA DIVIDE NIGERIA NOW
****the most stupidest and senseless post I ever read on nairaland.wat gave u d impression that Hausa Fulani ar d inhabitants of taraba??
why do some dullards,illiterate like dis thinking that all of northern naija is Hausa Fulani's settlement.
I doubt if people like this really attended primary schools.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by Adminisher: 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Okijajuju1: Even North wan become Niger Delta abi!!!! grin

I will like to see what they can mine out of those barren lands.

Dem pass Niger Delta. Please open your mind to know that the entire country is blessed beyond measure with riches. We need good leaders to harness them not parochial local corrupt people who can't see beyond their noses.
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by uzoexcel(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
in this day age and time we still wait for the white man to discover 'our resources' for us!!!!!!
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by comos: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
we don hear
Re: Russian Scientists Find Silver & Traces Of Gold & Oil In Taraba by zimoni(f): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2015
When are they going to start mining the oil?

What are they still waiting for?

Abi the oil don disappear ni?

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 Anti-impeachment Protesters Arrested In Nassarawa / 2019: Plan For Consensus Candidate Unsettles PDP / Prof. Sagay Is The Most Inconsistent Nigerian - Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.