Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? (17495 Views)

Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / ***send Your HTML Bulk Mails Direct To Inbox Using My Online Mailler*** / Unsolicited E-mails Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
chei almond,you hold this frankie man for work no be small.
abeg pity am
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by omoge(f): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2007
Frankie don suffer if his wife should have his password to NL grin grin lol. let's hope Frankie gives his password to his wife too  cheesy
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
omoge:

Frankie don suffer[b] if his wife should have his password to Nairaland grin grin lol[/b]. let's hope Frankie gives his password to his wife too cheesy

that is eh?
katakata for frankiville grin
this is one password he'll swear does not exist.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2007
nwando:

chei almond,you hold this frankie man for work no be small.
abeg pity am

Pity who?  The man woke up one morning say na almondjoy im dream about! angry

Not much!  Just to let "frankies" know that he should be transparent too before asking for his wife's e-mail addy.  He need to confess about his picking up "kpoms" at every hotel in his local district, having erectile dysfunction and being a peeping Tom who likes to look at naked women using the bathroom besides hiding all his bank account details from her! cheesy The man has a lot of secrets!!!!

omoge:

Frankie don suffer if his wife should have his password to Nairaland grin grin lol. let's hope Frankie gives his password to his wife too  cheesy

he he he he he he he he he he!  I think he will ban himself and come back with another screen name! grin  Ye-ye man of a bloody geriatric "Peeping Tom"!!!!! grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by mamaput(f): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2007
now that you have saved his posts in yours he cannot even deny.
yo mrs frankie come and see.
that is if there is a mrs frankie at all undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
mamaput:

yo mrs frankie come and see.
that is if there is a mrs frankie at all undecided

Please!  He is on line oh!  He dare not show up here.  Only someone with wikipoodle kennel full of secrets and current checkered psychological health status be demanding password from his wife!  No we know the reason!

A chronic peeping Tom! shocked
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2007
If one has a spouse that is always wanting to snoop around checking email,recording your odometer,and sniffing you for odors,most time the individual who is suspecting the other is up to some hanky pankies himself.

If a man is just plain insecure with his manhood and wants to take out his low esteem on his wife,he needs psychological help.
The email password is only a symptom of his many demons.
There'll be no end to his demands.
Soon you'll be explaining why a trip to the corner store took you 10 minutes instead of 5.

I've even heard of men suspecting their wives of cheating because she made an "unusual move" during the horizontal poker grin
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2007
I only hope all the female 'advocates of privacy and respect ' extend the same to their husbands.

a sneaky voice tells me that women also keep tabs on their husbands - they just choose not to be open about it.

( a 'monitoring' rather than a 'control' thing)
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by somze(f): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2007
oyb:

I only hope all the female 'advocates of privacy and respect ' extend the same to their husbands.

a sneaky voice tells me that women also keep tabs on their husbands - they just choose not to be open about it.

Thank you very much, at least we have an open minded woman here.
Unlike almondjoy tongue and co that ievade answering my questions and their sharing views but go around castigating others with different opinions while crying fowl as if they are victims of espionage and evaded privacy tongue tongue grin grin

nwando:

If one has a spouse that is always wanting to snoop around checking email,recording your odometer,and sniffing you for odors,most time the individual who is suspecting the other is up to some hanky pankies himself.
It is funny that you among a few others chose to play victim and claim a husband reading his wife's mail is snooping and sniffing around

You guys are playing a tune to fit your dance. The issue here is simple. Can your husband have unrestrained access to your mail. Yes or No. Do not take it to your extreme case of husband always snooping around your privacy or being disrespectful. That is just an excuse and holds no water whatsoever.

nwando:

If a man is just plain insecure with his manhood and wants to take out his low esteem on his wife,he needs psychological help.
The email password is only a symptom of his many demons.
There'll be no end to his demands.
Soon you'll be explaining why a trip to the corner store took you 10 minutes instead of 5.
Once again you jump to your illogical conclusions thanks to your all husbands with access to their wives mail are evil theory.

Once again I clearly state that it is usually those who have questionable mails that are afraid of opening up their email account to their spouses. If you have nothing to hide this should not be a problem. If a spouse asks for your email because he or she suspects fowl play then should you not prove yourself innocent. . . if only you truly are.

Please lets not change the topic to a snooping spouse, the topic is can a husband read a wife's email?
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Oby1(f): 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2007
I see nothing wrong in a man reading his wife's emails so also the woman reading the man's email if both claim they love each other.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2007
somze:

Thank you very much, at least we have an open minded woman here.
Unlike almondjoy tongue and co that evade answering my questions and their sharing views but go around castigating others with different opinions while crying fowl as if they are victims of espionage and evaded privacy tongue tongue grin grin
It is funny that you among a few others chose to play victim and claim a husband reading his wife's mail is snooping and sniffing around

You guys are playing a tune to fit your dance. The issue here is simple. Can your husband have unrestrained access to your mail. Yes or No. Do not take it to your extreme case of husband always snooping around your privacy or being disrespectful. That is just an excuse and holds no water whatsoever.
Once again you jump to your illogical conclusions thanks to your all husbands with access to their wives mail are evil theory.

Once again I clearly state that it is usually those who have questionable mails that are afraid of opening up their email account to their spouses. If you have nothing to hide this should not be a problem. If a spouse asks for your email because he or she suspects fowl play then should you not prove yourself innocent. . . if only you truly are.

Please lets not change the topic to a snooping spouse, [b]the topic is can a husband read a wife's email?[/b]

Simple answer to the topic in question. ------No he cannot!!!!!!  Are you satisfied?  Now make sure the pastor inculcates those terms and conditions in your nuptials so "the wife" understands that she must "thrust and obey" her password to all her e-mails in your direction when you demand it.  I SAY NO!!!!

oyb:

Sorry, some of us are gainfully employed and trust the men in our lives to come let us know that they intend to seek greener pastures elsewhere.  It is not a do or die affair.  Don't need to read my e-mail to sell to You-Tube when he wants.  It is my private matter.  There are discussions with friends and families he might not want to see-especially if "he is the topic of discussion" cheesy---Girlie talks should be protected at all cost. Such courtesy is also extended to the man.  I do not go searching text messages, email address or lipstick stains on collars---Frankly, I am not interested and I always have a plan "B" for any "eventualities!!!! tongue

You monitor children, not spouses!!!!!

Oby1:

I see nothing wrong in a man reading his wife's emails so also the woman reading the man's email if both claim they love each other.

That is fine too.  Just make sure you hook up with the kind of man who "shares" your dreams!!!! kiss As you can see, they are in abundance! Please share your love.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2007
if u trust her, den u shldnt be angry or worried. d truth is, everyone, including u love privacy so dont mind dos jealousy people who say she's cheating on u, i dont think sooooooooo grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by somze(f): 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
almondjoy:

Simple answer to the topic in question. ------No he cannot!!!!!! Are you satisfied? Now make sure the pastor inculcates those terms and conditions in your nuptials so "the wife" understands that she must "thrust and obey" her password to all her e-mails in your direction when you demand it. I SAY NO!!!!
Dont kill yourself over my personal or marriage life tongue
I'll do what works for us thank you very much tongue tongue
I'm satisfied with your answer and respect your view point so now go ahead you learn to respect the views of others ok? wink

almondjoy:

Sorry, some of us are gainfully employed and trust the men in our lives to come let us know that they intend to seek greener pastures elsewhere.
So all the people that are of a different opinion are not gainfully employed?
Once again I ask for respect of opinions without stooping to personal attacks and vendetta.

almondjoy:

There are discussions with friends and families he might not want to see-especially if "he is the topic of discussion" cheesy---Girlie talks should be protected at all cost.
This is an interesting one, I dont think I want to hear . . . girlie talks grin
You have a point here

almondjoy:

Such courtesy is also extended to the man. I do not go searching text messages, email address or lipstick stains on collars---Frankly, I am not interested and I always have a plan "B" for any "eventualities!!!! tongue
Have you ever picked up his calls?
Before you wash his clothes do you go through the pockets to remove items, what if you mistakenly . . . ? lipsrsealed

Will you term those as snooping around? grin grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by somze(f): 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2007
Almondjoy, Nwando and all those against reading mails

It seems some guy was not listening as you guys were talking, he's got himself in trouble now grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93266.0.html#msg1680007
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2007
somze:

Almondjoy, Nwando and all those against reading mails

It seems some guy was not listening as you guys were talking, he's got himself in trouble now grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93266.0.html#msg1680007

That thread was funny oh!  Infact, another matter came up there not relevant to what we are discussing here.  I could not help laughing so hard. cheesy

Look my dear Somze, when you are in a marriage especially one over 2-5 years old, there are things called major concerns and[b] minor [/b] concerns.  For me, emails do not even constitute "minor" concerns.  Infact---they are in the "no concern" catergory.  You will have to learn the difference the hard way.  Not to get into your married life like you "cheekily" pointed out, but a word or two of "motherly" advice! kiss This e-mail business is for mostly newly weds or honeymooners in first year of marriage. Or insecure jobless ones like "Frankies"--who want a man or a woman's world to revolve around him or her. As you can see--I live in ma own world so I see things differently! cheesy Don't need others much to operate in my life. People who need reassurance and validation go around caring what others are doing. Gosh--that will bore me to death! Who cares? undecided

The link you provided serves as a lesson to all.  Though the poster ended up being a "multip-persona"! grin  When you ask for certain bits of information, be prepared to go all the way and find a solution to "your" confusion.  As you can see, I predicted that the only thing most of you will do when you find out what you are looking for is cry back to Nairaland with your "Post #1" entries!  "I am so confused--what do I do"? cheesy
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2007
somze:

Dont kill yourself over my personal or marriage life tongue
I'll do what works for us thank you very much tongue tongue
I'm satisfied with your answer and respect your view point so now go ahead you learn to respect the views of others ok? wink

So all the people that are of a different opinion are[b] not gainfully employed?[/b]
Once again I ask for respect of opinions without stooping to personal attacks and vendetta.
This is an interesting one, I don't think I want to hear . . . girlie talks grin
You have a point here

Have you ever picked up his calls?
Before you wash his clothes do you go through the pockets to remove items, what if you mistakenly . . . ? lipsrsealed

Will you term those as snooping around? grin grin

He he he he he he he he he!  You are such a baby!

Sorry oh--not butting into your "personal or marital" life.

The fact that we disagree does not mean I do not respect your "views"--[/b]it is just a debate where things are seen differently.  No one is disrespecting anyone's views here ok?  So grow up!

Yes, I have answered my husband's phone because he asked me to.  Without his consent--the phone ringing in my presence is only a "bloody nuisance" disturbing my quiet time!  I quietly ask him to "silence" it! Or move it elsewhere.  I have never asked "who is that".   I have never felt threatened in my home.  Like I said--every problem has a solution. wink I don't even know where mine is most of the time--the battery dies when I eventually find it.  I am really not a phone person-so how can I keep up with another's?.  Nairaland is more like it! grin

[b]As for the laundry thing
--I go through the contents of his pocket but dump them in a pile somewhere to be sorted out later by him--so they are not ruined.  I DO NOT LOOK!---Like I said--who cares? undecided His address book is constantly at the head of our bed--I have never opened it one day to see what is inside--Don't care about that!  Not really interested in the contents.  I am above that Nigerian home video detective rubbish!  My only concerns is that he pays the bills and does his duty to his family. If I am involved fine---if not fine too! I can entertain myself--thank you!  What he chooses to do in his own spare time is his business. wink  Just like what I chose to do with my own spare time is my business--then we have "our" time--which is "our business"--- wink So "everyone has privacy to operate"!!!

By being gainfully employed, I mean you must have a lot of spare time on your hands to bother what your spouse is doing in e-mails or chat rooms!  Usually that is a sign of control and most guys feel the need to have their egos stroked.  Wanting to make sure the wives' world centre around them and them alone. Women who do that too, are attention seeking and insecure.  I am not.  I may like to entertain myself as you see on Nairaland but not attention-seeking in the least.  Since I do better entertaining myself.  So let's get that aspect straight.  I like to have a good time always--with or without people. These debates are just that!-- Cheap Self Entertainment--on my spare time! wink

It all boils down to too control much I say.  I am just not used to being controlled so it will not start with my e-mails. Just ma opinion darling! kiss You say potato, I say tomato!

Duty calls!--someone needs some stuff! wink  My pleasure always! kiss
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by yinka007(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2007
if she agrees to it
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by walegamat(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2007
inbox does not mean anything i can read it but what matters to most is her sent ites to know the read she gave to those that mail her,sharing password is part of trust i dont see anything bad in it reading my wife email.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Frankies(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ almondjoy

Like I said earlier , I pity you. If you like go down and get more of my posts.They are all very interesting.

What you lost in your stupidity, you greatly gained in your foolishness. You can go and lift more of my past posts. Mind you I can trace you and hack your systems before finishing you off.

I am into a lucrative Information Technology now after leaving my contract job.

I have come to realise that all you have in your brain can be written on a piece of stamp.
You are too senseless, talks too much and seems to be a kind of cheap woman.

That you dont have a good marriage does not mean other does not have one. Besides fool like you can never have a good one until you get a brain.

And for your info. My wife knows howmuch I earn and even discourages me from unnecessary
expenses.

Dont get too comfortable because you are swimming with a shark.

Old bloody fool.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2007
he he he he he he he he he!  grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy  Hello darling!  Where you banned for like 2 days or something?  Or did your "5-Star Doris Dey Motel 6" wife read all your Nairaland  "Peeping Tom" write-ups?

How come you just disappeared like that? I see you cannot get enough of this "cyber talkative old fool?

How is your erectile dysfunction by the way?  Have you found a cure?

Sorry this old fool cannot help you since I do not specialize in dead dickies!!!!

Lucrative Information Technology=Cyber Cafe Advanced Fee Fraud!!!! 4-2-9 Super Mugun Catcher!

Please have a good day! Please do not "peep" on my "old arse" while I am sleeping please!

Stupid Boy!

Back to topic please!
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Frankies(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
mamaput:

yo mrs frankie  come and see.
that is if there is a mrs frankie  at all  undecided

Your so-called Mrs Frankie is beside me. She saw all posts. so what about that?
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2007
na lie!
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2007
somze,I have never said a man cannot read his wife's email.
who am I to make such a decree?
I have only maintained that she should be allowed to make the choice of saying yes or no when he asks.
and secondly, that a man who demands the contents of his wife's email is a control freak.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by anasey(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2007
I can't really figure out anything bad in reading your legally married wife's mail,
Since you guys don't hide anything for each other.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 5:32am On Nov 16, 2007
Frankies:

Your so-called Mrs Frankie is beside me. She saw all posts. so what about that?

nwando:

na lie!

he he he he he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Hmmmmmmmm!  Wonders will never end.  It is amazing that most who are not married will come up with all kinds of rubbish here. Even the ones pretending to be cannot keep their stories straight.  Frankies married? he he he he he he he!!!! grin  Who dash monkey banana?  Those who are married do not need to prove it.  It shows! tongue

nwando:

I have only maintained that she should be allowed to make the choice of saying yes or no when he asks.
and secondly, that a man who demands the contents of his wife's email is a control freak.

Don't you know Somze and Frankies are one and the same person on Nairaland? cheesy
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Bosdem(f): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2007
Well i dont see anything wrong in giving ur spouse ur password, if u are have nothing to hide, i have my husband's password and so does he, i might not even open his box in a year, so it's not all about lack of trust, but the level of trust.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by somze(f): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2007
Almondjoy
You've used words like - young, naive and baby to refer to me so much i've started to think they're my names undecided grin
Bottomline you have your family, you like how it is run, it gives you peace and all, I too will get mine that gives me . . . end justifies means wink
Our means - It is acceptable for either of us to evade our privacy whatever that means . . . probably till 2-5 years of marriage as you say tongue

nwando:

I must have misjudged you , sorry.

nwando:

And I maintain that the woman who forces him to make such demands has things to hide wink
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by almondjoy(f): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
And the saga continues! grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by somze(f): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2007
took those words right outta my mouth dear grin
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by SugaLips(f): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
It's not ok. It's the epitome of lack of trust in your relationship and lack of confidence on your part, that is, if you're treating her right the thought of her cheating on you won't pop up.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by bigbee(m): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2007
i think u are bein 2 nosy. u just need 2 mind ur own damn business .read ur mails and forget about ur wife,s.
Re: Is It Okay To Read Your Wife's E-Mails? by Dorcasde(f): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2007
If your wife is up tp something, definitely she would be smart enough to give you her password, block off some email IDs, open a new acount and divert all 'such' emails to the new box. Instead of going through all these hurdles, if she's up to something, she could verbally alert her fans that you've now become a nosy husband so that they stop writing 'such' mails.

Maybe you're a secretive husband, but likes to know all. Why not let the sleeping dog lie!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac / Google To Phase Out Passwords, Roll Out Fingerprint, Face Scan, Others / Free IWP VPS Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.