Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? (1351 Views)

Asking Men For Money. YES Or NO / Questions Women Should Avoid Asking Men In Relationships / When Will Nigerian Girls Start Asking Men Out ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Lokooneone(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
He who created them from the beginning,created He male and female_Gen1:27

A further reading of the above chapter says a man shall leave his parents and cleave unto his wife and they both shall become one flesh.

Is it safe to conclude from this biblical version of man and woman union that a man is saddled with the responsibility of initiating a relationship?

Most culture of the world today aptly believe it's a man thing to ask a woman out and frowns at it when it is the other way round.

The question is;is there any gender tradition or rules that says the man is expected to make all the efforts when it comes to courting,dating and marriage proposals?

Personally,I think women should break social norms and conformities when it comes to approaching men if romantically or sexually interested.Pronto!

Let me feel ur pulse now.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
I wish women were the men and the men were the opposite. I know get strength to initiate anything jare.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
Na wa o! See crusade on top wetin? Guy do u and liv odas to do dem.

Dis ur journals na paparazzi jare!
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Lokooneone(m): 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
Dont die in silence,u will never be d first to break dis stupid norm and certainly u can never be the last.Make that move now.

1 Like

Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2012
Loko one one: He who created them from the beginning,created He male and female_Gen1:27

A further reading of the above chapter says a man shall leave his parents and cleave unto his wife and they both shall become one flesh.

Is it safe to conclude from this biblical version of man and woman union that a man is saddled with the responsibility of initiating a relationship?

Most culture of the world today aptly believe it's a man thing to ask a woman out and frowns at it when it is the other way round.

The question is;is there any gender tradition or rules that says the man is expected to make all the efforts when it comes to courting,dating and marriage proposals?

Personally,I think women should break social norms and conformities when it comes to approaching men if romantically or sexually interested.Pronto!

Let me feel ur pulse now.
Apparently, there's no biggy. It's misapplying scriptures like the one quoted above that makes people to think that the man should make the first move and all that blah. Now tell me, where in that verse does it say anything about a woman not asking a man out? What that verse simply implies is that when you leave you father and mother, you stick to your wife and become father and mother to someone else. You both become the most important people in your individual lives ahead of your biological parents. . . You first duty is to your wife, even ahead of your own mother and vice versa. In other cultures where the woman pays groom price, does the man not leave his father and mother?
Asking someone out is an individual thing. If as a woman you are too shy to ask a man out, then fine and good for you. If you are brazen enough, good also. I'm also for the motion of women going for what they want. Why die in silence? The last time i checked, there is no harm in trying. . .
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
a white babe can always ask u out if she like u but a naija babe lai lai grin
even if the naija babe dey trip for u die she go still dey form.me no know wetin dem dey form for grin

1 Like

Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by matobaba: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
DONT THE WOMEN HAVE CONSCIENCE, IT IS MIND BLOWING, ANYWAY WHO GO SEE FREE BONTO WAY E NO GO CHOP. BUT NO CHOPGO HEAVEN, REMEMBER MAGUN (DONT CLINB)
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by matobaba: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
ladies hear me, die in silence you hear, you think say dem go say you dey too promiscous, i beg flaunt wetin you get and grab the long thing
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
matobaba: DONT THE WOMEN HAVE CONSCIENCE, IT IS MIND BLOWING, ANYWAY WHO GO SEE FREE BONTO WAY E NO GO CHOP. BUT NO CHOPGO HEAVEN, REMEMBER MAGUN (DONT CLINB)
ehn so MAGUN still dey town? shocked
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by acidtalk: 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
lefulefu:
ehn so MAGUN still dey town? shocked

Heard that's what killed Mr.C*ock aka "Co*cky man".
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
acidtalk:

Heard that's what killed Mr.C*ock aka "Co*cky man".

nah mr c*ock dey always wear bullet proof wen he wants to mount grin
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by AmakaG29(f): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
Part I: No one really wants to put himself/herself out there and make the first move. While I won't ask a man out, I will let him know that I'm interested and that it's okay to ask me out. I feel like if both parties indicate interest in each other the plans to see each other again will come naturally. The key in either case is to openly express interest and gauge if the interest is mutual. I may say "let's keep in touch" or "do you have a card?"

The problem arises when I have shown no interest in you, you haven't started a real conversation with me, and you act entitled to my number. I'll be polite at first. Asking more than once won't elicit anything beyond resentment on my part.

Part II: Why won't I ask a man out?
I don't have to ask nor do I want to make him feel that I took something from him. Some men like the conquest of asking a woman out. Also, if it's a first date, I don't intend to pay, and you shouldn't ask if you don't intend to pay for the date.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by ijebabe: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
Men prefer to do the chasing and most men don't like it when a woman ask them out. I have asked my male friends this question and this is what they told me, only a few don't mind. I think most women are open to this but don't just to avoid criticism from men only because she expressed her feelings. I have done it and I don't regret it one bit because now he keeps saying he's at his happiest since he met me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijebabe: Men prefer to do the chasing and most men don't like it when a woman ask them out. I have asked my male friends this question and this is what they told me, only a few don't mind. I think most women are open to this but don't just to avoid criticism from men only because she expressed her feelings. [size=14pt]I have done it and I don't regret it one bit because now he keeps saying he's at his happiest since he met me :[/size]D
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
I expressed my feelings to my bf first. It was very awkward putting myself out there because it was something I'd never done before. I was very fearful of rejection. I'm so glad I did though! Wasn't about to let that one slip away at alllllllllll lol. Sometimes, you have to go with your gut instinct. It's very unconventional, but the guy may end up liking you the more for it.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Pennywise(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
I dont mind a babe asking me out. She get to be fine sha. And tall. And slim. Arszy. Boobsied. She doesnt have to be very bright.No complaint abt money-this is important. But they are usually wanting in one or all these. For these reasons I prefer to pick one whose shortcoming I can live with.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by ijebabe: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
ogugua88: I expressed my feelings to my bf first. It was very awkward putting myself out there because it was something I'd never done before. I'm so glad I did though! Wasn't about to let that one slip away at alllllllllll lol. Sometimes, you have to go with your gut instinct.

Lol! Exactly. When its the right guy you screw those tradition bullshit and just go for it.

1 Like

Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
Boy. . . Do i love when ladies come out of the closet.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by ijebabe: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
TroyJay: Boy. . . Do i love when ladies come out of the closet.

I'm not locked up in any closet smiley I don't know the women you know but the ones i know will and have done it! wink
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
ogugua88: I expressed my feelings to my bf first. It was very awkward putting myself out there because it was something I'd never done before. I was very fearful of rejection. I'm so glad I did though! Wasn't about to let that one slip away at alllllllllll lol. Sometimes, you have to go with your gut instinct. It's very unconventional, but the guy may end up liking you the more for it.
u mean boyfriend or girlfriend? grin
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
ijebabe: Lol! Exactly. When its the right guy you screw those tradition bullshit and just go for it.

You only live once tongue lol
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Skii(m): 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
What is this world turning into?

Of course there is big deal!

Given as the poster used bible passage, which I believe is twisting it in favour of this argument, where in the bible was there a woman who made a move or an approach towards a man?

Someone is referring to white chics asking their men out, do the white people still have values? of do they still value their religion, or their culture? or havent all their senses been eroded by foolish pleasures?

and now it wants to foolishly make its way into ours seeing as we copy them for almost everything

Now we too are kissing in public, mschewwww

WOMEN PLS MAINTAIN UNA VALUE, highest give advances
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2012
Skii:

Given as the poster used bible passage, which I believe is twisting it in favour of this argument, where in the bible was there a woman who made a move or an approach towards a man?

Go and read the book of RUTH! wink
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Skii(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
TroyJay:

Skii:
WOMEN PLS MAINTAIN UNA VALUE, highest give advances
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^So why on earth did you contradict yourself, trying to lie against the bible?
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by cowgurl: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2012
To moi, it's NO BIG DEAL at all cos I go for wat I want.
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by Skii(m): 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
@TroyJay

Amaka G29:
Part I: No one really wants to put himself/herself out there and make the first move. While I won't ask a man out, I will let him know that I'm interested and that it's okay to ask me out. I feel like if both parties indicate interest in each other the plans to see each other again will come naturally. The key in either case is to openly express interest and gauge if the interest is mutual. I may say "let's keep in touch" or "do you have a card?"

The problem arises when I have shown no interest in you, you haven't started a real conversation with me, and you act entitled to my number. I'll be polite at first. Asking more than once won't elicit anything beyond resentment on my part.

Part II: Why won't I ask a man out?
I don't have to ask nor do I want to make him feel that I took something from him. Some men like the conquest of asking a woman out. Also, if it's a first date, I don't intend to pay, and you shouldn't ask if you don't intend to pay for the date.

Ruth Sleeping in Boaz's tent was the advance, it was left for him to do the follow up. But women outrightly doing it? Come on? undecided
Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by TroyJay(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
Skii:
Given as the poster used bible passage, which I believe is twisting it in favour of this argument, [size=14pt]where in the bible was there a woman who made a move or an approach towards a man?[/size]
Skii: @TroyJay
Ruth Sleeping in Boaz's tent was the advance, it was left for him to do the follow up. But women outrightly doing it? Come on? undecided
It was the advance you say, but you earlier inferred that there was no place where a woman made a move or an approach a.k.a advance, towards a man in the bible! I asked you to read RUTH so that you will see where a woman made an advance. . . Therefore, you contradicted your earlier statement and also LIED blatantly against the bible. . . wink Care should be taken when referring to bible passages in a bid to prove a point.

Where in the bible were women asked NOT to outrightly ask a man out? It's a matter of choice. If a woman decides to ask a man out, she should not be castigated. Pls leave the bible out of this!

1 Like

Re: Women Asking Men Out.what's The Big Deal? by ijebabe: 12:16am On Apr 25, 2012
ogugua88:

You only live once tongue lol

Abi o! grin

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Oo / 25 Reason Why You Should Break With UR Boyfriend / In One Word, Describe Your Love Life In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.