Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,516 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans (7408 Views)

Why Do (some) Nigerians Abroad Despise Black Americans? / Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / Are Africans Proud Of Black Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by anonymous6(f): 1:00am On Aug 09, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

So basically this is another "whom is better than whom" debacle?

What I find interesting is a rich Black American woman...Oprah Winfrey extended her wealth to Africa..and yet she is considered a "slave biatch".

I can post clips of Africans walking pass starving Africans in public streets. Too many of them talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

What people need to do is focus on what they can change individually. World would be a much better place nevertheless.

No it is not, that is what royal, despicable VII, royal VII wanted and turned this thread to

4 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 09, 2012
Anonymous6

Ignore the unintelligent troll trying to derail your thread.
You didn't write the article;
you just copied and pasted it,
to get people's opinions.

Loads of love, Ms. Nigeria. wink

5 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by anonymous6(f): 2:58am On Aug 09, 2012
shymmex: Anonymous6

Ignore the unintelligent troll trying to derail your thread.
You didn't write the article;
you just copied and pasted it,
to get people's opinions.

Loads of love, Ms. Nigeria. wink

Thank you very much; that man is nutts. This the same nonsence he did on the other thread about Nigeria and gays.

I am not bothered by him though but I dont disrespect people individually regardless of their opinion but when they come attacking me and insulting me(when I didnt do that to them) over and over again from one thread to another, it has to be dealt with, period

4 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 09, 2012
PhysicsQED:
That says it all right there.

Think about those oil barons in oil producing areas in the south in the U.S.
Think of the cotton plantation owners in slavery times.

Were those people really brilliant businessmen? Not really. Some of the African businessmen, especially the oil millionaires, fall into that "not really brilliant" category that some of those early American businessmen did.

Granted there are/were many real brilliant businessmen and women in America in certain areas of industry in America, those people have/had full access to and integration with the larger society and all of its resources, and some of them even had influential connections to lawmakers. That kind of integration with the larger society is what you have in Africa that allows for millionaires and billionaires to spring up in "traditional" areas in Africa, but which makes it hard for the same thing to happen to black Americans in the U.S. Look at how Sir Louis Ojukwu started - transportation. Look at how the Dantata dynasty started - with kola nuts, ground nut, livestock, etc. Those people were able to exploit a vacuum that existed for something that was needed/greatly desired in their immediate community. Look at the bankers, media moguls, telecommunications moguls. It's the same thing. For African Americans to come up with a product needed or wanted nationwide would be far more difficult in my opinion because they don't have that full immersion into the larger American society so they can't predict that what is really needed or wanted or see as easily what areas they can tap into and exploit to make their millions or billions.

Your analogy is flawed!!

The richest African Americans are also a face for corporate White America. Most of the people behind Oprah Winfrey's success, Bob Johnson's wealth, and the wealth created by Hip-hop - are the corporate White America... If the wealth from hip-hop was 'built from the scratch' like you want us to believe - then, old hip-hop heads like; Kool Herc, Rakim, AFrican Bambataa etc.. should be billionaires by now - and most of the hip-hop executives should also be AAs... Even the few record companies owned by blacks, are still subsidiaries to bigger white owned/controlled companies.... America is more intertwined than you asserted in your post, and once you get white executives involved - it's easier to create wealth in their capitalist economy than it's in Nigeria...

Another example is how people make noise about the rich NFL and NBA players, but forget that 99.9% of all the NFL and NBA teams are owned by white people... They're the ones who create the wealth - the black 'millionaires' playing the sports are just employees, who can be discarded when their services are no longer required...

You need to give Nigerian businessmen credit, brother... It isn't easy to break the barrier, and create wealth in a developing country like; Nigeria...

A Dangote, or Michael Adenuga is more savvy when it comes to creating wealth than an Oprah Winfrey, or a Bob Johnson...

5 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 09, 2012
anonymous6:
Thank you very much; that man is nutts. This the same nonsence he did on the other thread about Nigeria and gays.

I am not bothered by him though but I dont disrespect people individually regardless of their opinion but when they come attacking me and insulting me(when I didnt do that to them) over and over again from one thread to another, it has to be dealt with, period

Just ignore the troll!!

I like your threads, anyway - and also the way you comport yourself on this forum..

Keep it up!

4 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by PhysicsQED(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2012
shymmex:

Your analogy is flawed!!

The richest African Americans are also a face for corporate White America. Most of the people behind Oprah Winfrey's success, Bob Johnson's wealth, and the wealth created by Hip-hop - are the corporate White America... If the wealth from hip-hop was 'built from the scratch' like you want us to believe - then, old hip-hop heads like; Kool Herc, Rakim, AFrican Bambataa etc.. should be billionaires by now - and most of the hip-hop executives should also be AAs... Even the few record companies owned by blacks, are still subsidiaries to bigger white owned/controlled companies.... America is more intertwined than you asserted in your post, and once you get white executives involved - it's easier to create wealth in their capitalist economy than it's in Nigeria...

Another example is how people make noise about the rich NFL and NBA players, but forget that 99.9% of all the NFL and NBA teams are owned by white people... They're the ones who create the wealth - the black 'millionaires' playing the sports are just employees, who can be discarded when their services are no longer required...

You need to give Nigerian businessmen credit, brother... It isn't easy to break the barrier, and create wealth in a developing country like; Nigeria...

A Dangote, or Michael Adenuga is more savvy when it comes to creating wealth than an Oprah Winfrey, or a Bob Johnson...

I think you may have missed my point, or maybe you got my point but just think I'm underselling Nigerian millionaires. I didn't really take all credit away from Nigerian businessmen, but explained why there had been and still are Nigerian millionaires from everything from transportation to timber, rubber, cocoa, banking, etc. and of course, oil, within Nigeria - Nigerians are fully immersed in the society and not in any way on the periphery politically or socially and so they can more easily exploit existing vacuums where serious profits can be made. They know what is needed/wanted/popular/useful and how to profit from it. To do the same thing would be harder for African Americans in their society (America), but easier for white Americans. That's all I was saying. It's about being able to know what the entire society - not just your subgroup - wants or needs and being in a position to capitalize on that.

5 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by anonymous6(f): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yes those who build their communities are great and admirable ....but they are very rare most of them prefer to keep their money in swizz banks ....because the majority can explain such money

I am just seeing your response today; when a abnormal poster is posting insults at other posters, derailing the thread in a aim to turn the thread into a circus, important comments like yours gets over looked. Any way back to topic.

To answer your question I don't deny at all about corrupt african leaders or some wealthy africans who put their money in Swiss accounts, and I high lighted that a little in the first page when I mentioned about Mugabe and etc. However I feel that is slowly changing with some few new breed of african millionaires/billionaires now when they are helping their community, those are the ones we should put our attention on.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
@topic:
Interesting thread...

Off topic:

I see a certain someone has been banned.

1 Like

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by solomon111(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
Why do we like comparing a people with a population of just over 40million with a continent of over a billion people.
That is like stacking the yoruba ethnic group against the rest of africa.
Very daft,i must say.
Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by anonymous6(f): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
solomon111: Why do we like comparing a people with a population of just over 40million with a continent of over a billion people.
That is like stacking the yoruba ethnic group against the rest of africa.
Very daft,i must say.

Well you have a point but for this to become a article story, that means many are talking about it, and this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody because both communities are compared all the time in many things. So this shouldn't be any less different or become negative.
Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by igbo2011(m): 2:38am On Aug 19, 2012
Inb America caucasians control most large industries. They run music and sports. All the rich blacks are workers and can be cut in a second. The wealth is in the hands of jewish and causian people. We need to learn how to CONTROL companies and be heads of businesses. This is why oi don't like Africans getting signed by American labels because that means they will be controlled by Americans. Atleast in Nigeria we control industries such as music sports and movies.

So when d banj got signed by GOOD music he is under Kanye and Kanye is under a caucasian owned label. We don't distribute or market anything.

If black americans controlled sports and music then their community will be a lot mpre rich. But caucasians won't let African Americans run anything because they love control and wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by anonymous6(f): 3:11am On Aug 19, 2012
igbo2011: Inb America caucasians control most large industries. They run music and sports. All the rich blacks are workers and can be cut in a second. The wealth is in the hands of jewish and causian people. We need to learn how to CONTROL companies and be heads of businesses. This is why oi don't like Africans getting signed by American labels because that means they will be controlled by Americans. Atleast in Nigeria we control industries such as music sports and movies.

So when d banj got signed by GOOD music he is under Kanye and Kanye is under a caucasian owned label. We don't distribute or market anything.

If black americans controlled sports and music then their community will be a lot mpre rich. But caucasians won't let African Americans run anything because they love control and wealth.

That's where it boils down to in America, Caucasians and Jews control almost everything so it is hard to crack into certain industries in America.

You know what, ever since D'banj signed up with Good music, I really haven't seen any progression besides his oliver twist song, so you have a point when it comes to D'banj, I just hope they don't cut him off after a few years and then he has to start over.

1 Like

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2012
igbo2011: Inb America caucasians control most large industries. They run music and sports. All the rich blacks are workers and can be cut in a second. The wealth is in the hands of jewish and causian people. We need to learn how to CONTROL companies and be heads of businesses. This is why oi don't like Africans getting signed by American labels because that means they will be controlled by Americans. Atleast in Nigeria we control industries such as music sports and movies.

You are right. Our people don't see things this way. They want to be associated with signing with an "American label". It is more of a pride thing.
Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 19, 2012
PhysicsQED:

That says it all right there.

Think about those oil barons in oil producing areas in the south in the U.S.
Think of the cotton plantation owners in slavery times.

Were those people really brilliant businessmen? Not really. Some of the African businessmen, especially the oil millionaires, fall into that "not really brilliant" category that some of those early American businessmen did.

Granted there are/were many real brilliant businessmen and women in America in certain areas of industry in America, those people have/had full access to and integration with the larger society and all of its resources, and some of them even had influential connections to lawmakers. That kind of integration with the larger society is what you have in Africa that allows for millionaires and billionaires to spring up in "traditional" areas in Africa, but which makes it hard for the same thing to happen to black Americans in the U.S. Look at how Sir Louis Ojukwu started - transportation. Look at how the Dantata dynasty started - with kola nuts, ground nut, livestock, etc. Those people were able to exploit a vacuum that existed for something that was needed/greatly desired in their immediate community. Look at the bankers, media moguls, telecommunications moguls. It's the same thing. For African Americans to come up with a product needed or wanted nationwide would be far more difficult in my opinion because they don't have that full immersion into the larger American society so they can't predict that what is really needed or wanted or see as easily what areas they can tap into and exploit to make their millions or billions.

Good assessment. I think African Americans should spread their nets wide.

I see there is a green economy and ecopreneurship craze in the developed world. This will shape the world economy in time to come. They need to start learning things to be at the fore front of the game.

That also goes to software and application development. I did a research of early programmers who pionered the web, I am still looking to come across an African American.

Without the revenues that flows into the sports and entertainment from other sectors of the economy : what would sportsmen and entertainers do ?

2 Likes

Re: Rich Black Africans Vs. Rich Black Americans by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 04, 2022
now she stuttering...."Uhm Uhm Uhmmm Uhmmm...I ain't change the Title"

Sure you did...Because that's what an insecure reject who has been bullied all her life does...

Either you make post about hatred against north africans...

Either you make post about hatred against african americans...

or Hatred against Fhaggs grin grin grin grin

....One Prejudice Agenda after another......

This thread makes about as much sense as[b] Rich North Americans versus Rich Fulani[/b]

...What an Epic Fail.......

You are like Ayanle without the Braincells. Lmfao

Viewing this topic: ~Royal~ and 3 guest(s) grin

^Cowardice Vile Bigoted Prejudice Trash Hide from the Greatness of the Liberal Leader cool

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... / Why Are Somali People So Beautiful? / Alaafin Aole Curse On Afonja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.