Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer (5087 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Agiboma
With all due respect to you ma,
not all men are like your husband. You were lucky that your husband appreciated your efforts and became more loving and caring towards you but the fact remains that human beings are not the same, we are all different and what works for one person may not work for another.
1. The OP wrote that she lost weight, tried to make herself more attractive and tried to make the marriage work, hoping that her husband will change but he only got worse. The fact that your husband responded to your efforts does not mean OP's husband will respond to her efforts.
2. The man is not interested in the welfare of his children, she stated this in a post.
3. People are threatening to harm her and her husband doesn't care what happens. What if they carry out their threats?
4. AIDS.
So after all these considerations, you still think she should be a good wife and remain married to her husband?
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
Thank you to all the men for responding well said all of you. But you FOOLS are not deceiving me. First of all are you all married? Secound of all would you date OP and build a life with her and her 3 children or be with a young 23 year old thats single. Come on be realistic here and not write complete nonsense. What she needs to know is the probability of her future in this Nigeria. Not deceiving herself of an unrealistic future which is what you people are gingering her up for. I have no problem with divorce but i dont see a womanizer as a reason for divorce, a wife beater is the only reason i see a woman should divorce a man. But all will be well ooo one of you upright men will be the man OP is looking for so all is well on this thread. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
fellis: @Agiboma
With all due respect to you ma,
not all men are like your husband. You were lucky that your husband appreciated your efforts and became more loving and caring towards you but the fact remains that human beings are not the same, we are all different and what works for one person may not work for another.
1. The OP wrote that she lost weight, tried to make herself more attractive and tried to make the marriage work, hoping that her husband will change but he only got worse. The fact that your husband responded to your efforts does not mean OP's husband will respond to her efforts.
2. The man is not interested in the welfare of his children, she stated this in a post.
3. People are threatening to harm her and her husband doesn't care what happens. What if they carry out their threats?
4. AIDS.
So after all these considerations, you still think she should be a good wife and remain married to her husband?
actually i do and I am a living testimony that these men change, she is just seeing the misery which i saw a few months back, my relationship today is the complete opposite, like night and day. I dont want to grocery list the things that hubby does these days, but what i know is that i am very much enjoying my marriage these days and i think it can also happen for OP if she exercise patience. I am sharing with her my lived experience.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by 2mch(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wow, Aigboma sounds emotionally frustrated and trampled. No human being has a right to subject another to such. No human being has a right to make this short life miserable for anyone. OP made a choice to get married, and she is making the choice to get divorced. 10yrs is a long time to make it work. Not because you have been emotionally manipulated and so desire to keep your title doesn't mean others take themselves for granted like you. If OP was my sister I will get her the lawyer. Life preservation should be your first concern. Live for your kids, not for any spouse. So many diseases out there that will take your life. No one will take care of your kids like you. And your parents, if that is your back up plan will die sooner than you think. Nigeria is dangerous to live in already, why increase the rate at which you die? You only live once, and everyone is entitled to as much happiness as they want. OP, if this is how you feel and what you have experienced, you are on the right path. Goodluck. The people fighting you for him will win a lottery when they marry the guy.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
2mch: Wow, Aigboma sounds emotionally frustrated and trampled. No human being has a right to subject another to such. No human being has a right to make this short life miserable for anyone. OP made a choice to get married, and she is making the choice to get divorced. 10yrs is a long time to make it work. Not because you have been emotionally manipulated and so desire to keep your title doesn't mean others take themselves for granted like you. If OP was my sister I will get her the lawyer. Life preservation should be your first concern. Live for your kids, not for any spouse. So many diseases out there that will take your life. No one will take care of your kids like you. And your parents, if that is your back up plan will die sooner than you think. Nigeria is dangerous to live in already, why increase the rate at which you die? You only live once, and everyone is entitled to as much happiness as they want. OP, if this is how you feel and what you have experienced, you are on the right path. Goodluck. The people fighting you for him will win a lottery when they marry the guy.

I am non of those things but people on NL can either understand my logic or in your case it goes way above you limited level of understanding but that's ok. Wait a few years get some more life experience and then com back on comment. wink
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by 2mch(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

I am non of those things but people on NL can either understand my logic or in your case it goes way above you limited level of understanding but that's ok. Wait a few years get some more life experience and then com back on comment. wink

Trust me, your experiences in life are self inflicted. That is your choice. Stop making OP think her life begins and ends with any human being. That should be left for God alone. Stop throwing your personal fears up and down at the OP. Keep your convincing words for yourself because they only make sense to you. Look at your life before and if you had any pride in yourself, then go back and read your posts to see what you have become. A strong person is someone that knows when to say ENOUGH! I deserve better than this. As we see, the OP is a well established person. Maybe that is what you are missing. The OP also does not seem emotionally bankrupt like you, and is not willing to lay down and die for any human being at the expense of her future (kids). So leave your matter at the door, it does not apply here. You still have some years to be cheated on before you come to the realisation. If you want to measure how much this same guy love you, try cheating and telling him "Am sorry". Let your boyfriends call and insult you. When a guy doesn't care whether you stay or go, that relationship is OVER! When he gives the phone to other people to insulthis wife, that relationship is OVER. Maybe you snatched someone else's husband and are too afraid to look like the loser. So you justify yourself by saying all this. You are trying to set a very bad and pathetic precedent, which is a major turn off for any guy. No pride or self esteem. An emotional beggar.

3 Likes

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
Agiboma,
pay no mind to those being insultive to you.
I personally, understand that people have differing opinions and I don't think people should be insulted because they think differently from us.
agiboma:
actually i do and I am a living testimony that these men change, she is just seeing the misery which i saw a few months back, my relationship today is the complete opposite, like night and day. I dont want to grocery list the things that hubby does these days, but what i know is that i am very much enjoying my marriage these days and i think it can also happen for OP if she exercise patience. I am sharing with her
my lived experience.
OK.
But what about the risks she faces of contacting STDs, especially AIDs?
Or what if her husband's girlfriends decide to carry out their threats and harm her?
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
TV01: I’m not surprised, but pained and appalled by some of the hurt that gets posted here. I love marriage. Everything about it. It has no downside if correctly understood and properly entered into.

Marriage is not an estate to be entered into or taken lightly. For all those yet to, but hoping for, please make every preparation and every effort to get it right.

At the very least, this section should serve as a warning. And if the only counsel you take away is caution, please heed that. I also see invaluable insights for those already married and some succour for those going through within it.

For those seeking to keep onside of the Bible, my reading is, it permits – not necessarily prescribes – divorce for adultery, but only allows re-marriage in the event of death. And if you do believe God, seeking him wholeheartedly before, will profit you more than coming to NL after.

@OP, your situation is a difficult one. I wish you well.

TV

Tirade over. I'm just pained.
Mister, you too gbaski men! Love your thinking and intellect.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by blank(f): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ Agiboma,you have stated your opinion, no need to call others "fools". Your actions paid off for you, that is good but the same actions have not paid off for the op. She has said that she has been threatened. Does she have to wait to be beaten before she leaves? Remember that you once said that you chose to remain cos you had no means to support yourself and your kid. The OP has and she is tired of the relationship and is ready to move on. Whether she meets someone new or not is a risk she is willing to take. All she asked for where the services of a lawyer! If you know one, tell her, if you do not know one, let her be.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by omosexy1: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
OP don't divorce him yet just be separated maybe he would change. Give him 3 years and if he doesn't you can go on with the divorce
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johndoe100: Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about. This woman is talking crap because the man has girlfriends? What if he decides to marry one? Can she or the fools who live in Australia and timbucto egging her on stop him? If she wants to leave let her, what is her fate going to be? She will end up the mistress to someone else's husband in a year or so when she wants to have sex.
Women who come on here to complain of this are really the foolish ones. The wise ones have come to terms with the reality of life in Nigeria. I mean if you are not insane like the internet Nigerian fools who come here to escape their miserable lives, would you be complaining about girlfriend in a country where men can legally marry multiple wives?
To the OP, please divorce your husband and free him from your trouble. Nothing spoil. He has already told you that you can go, you must really be a liability.
Men, your reasoning, in killz's tone is discombobulated. Goodluck with that kind of thinking.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
moremi2008:

LOL! It's like a game of whack-a-mole on these boards. Just when you think we've reached a consensus that women are human beings, another one pops up! grin
Bros, abeg chop knuckle jare. Thank GOD not every man has Mr Johndoe100's kind of intellect faculty.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johndoe100: Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about.
johndoe,
Politicians looting and stealing and squandering money is also standard operating procedure in Nigeria. Does that mean we should just accept it and not try to change it?
My friend if you see something bad you change it. You don't accept it because that is what other people are doing.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Johndoe100(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma: Thank you to all the men for responding well said all of you. But you FOOLS are not deceiving me. [b]First of all are you all married? [/b]Secound of all would you date OP and build a life with her and her 3 children or be with a young 23 year old thats single. Come on be realistic here and not write complete nonsense. What she needs to know is the probability of her future in this Nigeria. Not deceiving herself of an unrealistic future which is what you people are gingering her up for. I have no problem with divorce but i dont see a womanizer as a reason for divorce, a wife beater is the only reason i see a woman should divorce a man. But all will be well ooo one of you upright men will be the man OP is looking for so all is well on this thread. grin grin grin grin

My respect for you grows by the minute. You found out the koko. These are unmarried school children who are feeling grown up and hoping against hope that one of the females will give them a sniff of her underwear. I don't respond to them. Some of the young boys have promise but not the ones you are wasting time with. When the men who post on this board resurface, I will be glad to join issues with them.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Johndoe100(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Timbuktu. . .Tim-Buk-Tu!

Carry on!

iyawo mi kekere, bawo ni. She ka lo si Tim-Buk-Tu ni abi kilofe ka she? Ko kon so fun mi, kosi inkon to fe ti mi oni she fun e.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by maclatunji: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

My respect for you grows by the minute. You found out the koko. These are unmarried school children who are feeling grown up and hoping against hope that one of the females will give them a sniff of her underwear. I don't respond to them. Some of the young boys have promise but not the ones you are wasting time with. When the men who post on this board resurface, I will be glad to join issues with them.

@bolded, LMFSO! e don reach that level?
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by obasijoy(f): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ op I sent a mail to you but is bouncing back. I know a very good lawyer and I've worked as a secretary in his law firm before. He is too good, his office is in festac. His no. Is 08037252752. Your hubby will be surprise when the letter will be presented to him. Divorce him and be happy for life with your children. You don't need to remarry, just have a lovely, peaceful and wonderful home with your kids. He must come back pleading. Don't be surprise that if you die in that marriage *God Forbid* he must come to your burial with his girl friend. DIVORCE HIM.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Johndoe100(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
obasijoy: @ op I sent a mail to you but is bouncing back. I know a very good lawyer and I've worked as a secretary in his law firm before. He is too good, his office is in festac. His no. Is 08037252752. Your hubby will be surprise when the letter will be presented to him. Divorce him and be happy for life with your children. You don't need to remarry, just have a lovely, peaceful and wonderful home with your kids. He must come back pleading. Don't be surprise that if you die in that marriage *God Forbid* he must come to your burial with his girl friend. DIVORCE HIM.

So winch de NL. Do your employers know that you are using their internet and their time for such evil? Tufiaqua, Olodumare should make this kine person just waka pass where I de.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ronkebp(f): 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
I love this thread!!!!!infact, it shows that not all 'nigerian-men' are the same.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma: Thank you to all the men for responding well said all of you. But you FOOLS are not deceiving me. First of all are you all married? Secound of all would you date OP and build a life with her and her 3 children or be with a young 23 year old thats single. Come on be realistic here and not write complete nonsense. What she needs to know is the probability of her future in this Nigeria. Not deceiving herself of an unrealistic future which is what you people are gingering her up for. I have no problem with divorce but i dont see a womanizer as a reason for divorce, a wife beater is the only reason i see a woman should divorce a man. But all will be well ooo one of you upright men will be the man OP is looking for so all is well on this thread. grin grin grin grin

agiboma:

agiboma:
actually i do and I am a living testimony that these men change, she is just seeing the misery which i saw a few months back, my relationship today is the complete opposite, like night and day. I dont want to grocery list the things that hubby does these days, but what i know is that i am very much enjoying my marriage these days and i think it can also happen for OP if she exercise patience. I am sharing with her my lived experience.

@agiboma,
From the three quoted posts I was able to come to the following conclusions-
1.EXPERIENCE is the best teacher.
2.Lots of people with no experience of what marriage entails are posting on these threads.
3.Your husband is a very lucky man to be married to a woman like you.
4.A bad husband can change and become a good husband if given the chance.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by obasijoy(f): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ johndoe wizard like you! Is your kind of guy that doesn't care about your wife or girl friend's feelings. So if she is your sister you will tell her to stay in that marriage and die sheaaaa. IS MARRIAGE THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE? Abeg the hubby doesn't deserve her and her kids ok. Moreover I just answered her question. She has made up her mind and she needs a good lawyer which I provided her with one so what's your stress. I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT YOU MUST BE AN ADULTERER.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by coogar: 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
kcheerful: i av been married for 10 years with 3 lovely kids. the problem is my husband is an unrepentent adulterer and liar.
its been an issue in all our years of marriaige. the problem is he has always been like that before we got married but i thot it was just youthful exhuberance and marraige will change him
but i was wrong. i av begged him, quarrelled with him, prayed and done everything i can imagine. reported to his family my family but he seem to be cursed.
he runs after young girls of 21 to 23 at 43 years old.
i am tired.. cant take it any more.
when i told him i want to leave he said i am free that to get a wife is not difficult that there are many willing ladies pout there.
that he will not ask me to leave but if i say i want to go he will not force me to stay either.
so i want to leave.
i need a lawyer who will advise me on how to go about the divorce proceedings.
his lies are runnining me cracy
his unfaithfulness is making me sick
some of ds girls send curses an threats to my phone and when i tell him he is not bothered and tells me to go and sort it out myself.
in short i av made up my mind to leave
if u are a lawyer or knows anyone that is competent with divorce proceedings should drop her phone number or mail me on kofocheerful@yahoo.co.uk.
thank u

this marriage business is getting scarier by the day.
how many couples are actually happy in marriage? for feck's sake - did you people pick each other on the streets?
are men getting increasingly selfish? are women getting increasingly impatient?

anyone aspiring to marry should stop coming to this section of nairaland.
i think the woes clearly outweigh the smiles.
the people happy in their marriages should post more and eliminate these doom n gloom stories.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by emmatok(m): 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johndoe100: Sometimes I really wonder at the way people on this board think. Womanizing and being a serial womanizer is SOP (standard operating procedure) in Nigeria. Most women have come to understand that as long as the man takes care of his home and family they have nothing really to complain about. This woman is talking crap because the man has girlfriends? What if he decides to marry one? Can she or the fools who live in Australia and timbucto egging her on stop him? If she wants to leave let her, what is her fate going to be? She will end up the mistress to someone else's husband in a year or so when she wants to have sex.
Women who come on here to complain of this are really the foolish ones. The wise ones have come to terms with the reality of life in Nigeria. I mean if you are not insane like the internet Nigerian fools who come here to escape their miserable lives, would you be complaining about girlfriend in a country where men can legally marry multiple wives?
To the OP, please divorce your husband and free him from your trouble. Nothing spoil. He has already told you that you can go, you must really be a liability.

Its her her life o o .

The irony is that her hubby doesn't care if she leaves.

All this one-sided NL story are difficult to judge.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by emmatok(m): 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

this marriage business is getting scarier by the day.
how many couples are actually happy in marriage? for feck's sake - did you people pick each other on the streets?
are men getting increasingly selfish? are women getting increasingly impatient?

anyone aspiring to marry should stop coming to this section of nairaland.
i think the woes clearly outweigh the smiles.
the people happy in their marriages should post more and eliminate this doom n gloom stories.

I agree with the bold.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
blank: @ Agiboma,you have stated your opinion, no need to call others "fools". Your actions paid off for you, that is good but the same actions have not paid off for the op. She has said that she has been threatened. Does she have to wait to be beaten before she leaves? Remember that you once said that you chose to remain cos you had no means to support yourself and your kid. The OP has and she is tired of the relationship and is ready to move on. Whether she meets someone new or not is a risk she is willing to take. All she asked for where the services of a lawyer! If you know one, tell her, if you do not know one, let her be.

Excuse me but call a spade a spade, did not overlook the insults and names they called me? Which in turn made me return the favor by calling them fools. Of course not! No means to support myself well i definetly did not say that? Please find a post where that was stated I am very able to feed myself and my son. I have already let her, but shw should be aware of her reality of her present day circumstances.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
fellis: Agiboma,
pay no mind to those being insultive to you.
I personally, understand that people have differing opinions and I don't think people should be insulted because they think differently from us.

OK.
But what about the risks she faces of contacting STDs, especially AIDs?
Or what if her husband's girlfriends decide to carry out their threats and harm her?

She can use condoms if she choose to still sleep with him? Now about the threats that has never happened to me so i cant comment.
Johndoe100:

Thank you for having an open mind, that see's the realities of teh society while others remain in dream land, NP we shall all end up @ the same spot when reality hits them eventually.

Richvkunt:

[/b]

[/b]

@agiboma,
From the three quoted posts I was able to come to the following conclusions-
1.EXPERIENCE is the best teacher.
2.Lots of people with no experience of what marriage entails are posting on these threads.
3.Your husband is a very lucky man to be married to a woman like you.
4.A bad husband can change and become a good husband if given the chance.

You have concluded right as usual Rich

obasijoy: @ johndoe wizard like you! Is your kind of guy that doesn't care about your wife or girl friend's feelings. So if she is your sister you will tell her to stay in that marriage and die sheaaaa. IS MARRIAGE THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE? Abeg the hubby doesn't deserve her and her kids ok. Moreover I just answered her question. She has made up her mind and she needs a good lawyer which I provided her with one so what's your stress. I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT YOU MUST BE AN ADULTERER.

So why you on here making assuptions about people why not recommend a lawyer to her?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by moremi2008(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
I just want to remind you ladies that are encouraging women to stay with serial cheaters that the health risks are VERY, VERY real. You might decide to stay in a crumbling marriage to look good to your friends and to society or to stay because of your children. However, if you're not careful, you might catch a deadly disease and die. I know two families this happened to when I was growing up and I am sharing these stories so that you fully realize the risks your taking on by staying with a man that sleeps around:

1) I will never forget the situation of this deaconess in my family's church. Her husband's job involved a lot of travel and she was the one the kept the home front with 3 kids. Her husband slept around on his many business trips, became HIV+ and unknowingly passed it on to this woman. The real tragedy of the situation is that the man is still alive and the woman has since died. She didn't do anything wrong but her cheating husband destroyed her life.

2) This one is a big neighborhood "secret" that happened about a decade ago. The wife was living abroad, working and making money, and left her children with her husband in Nigeria. Well, the husband became a well-known big-man playboy and his jaiye-jaiye lifestyle went on for a while. I remember that we were banned from going to their house to visit their kids because there were always a scantilly clad woman roaming about the place. Anyway, the man became very sick for a almost a full year and ultimately died. His wife returned for his funeral and it was only then that she learned about his lifestyle and that he had died from AIDS. She got tested and discovered that she had been infected. She ultimately moved back abroad with her kids and but thank God for good healthcare abroad, she's still alive.

Whatever you do ladies, please protect yourselves oh. Don't allow your husband to play Russian roulette with your health. Don't die on the cross for your husband's sins! Although you might still catch something from a husband that cheats only once, the chances of catching something from a serial cheater are infinitely greater. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by ronkebp(f): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
Agiboma....really i have been following your advice on this thread, and my question is 'really'??
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

She can use condoms if she choose to still sleep with him? Now about the threats that has never happened to me so i cant comment.

Condoms are not 100% effective, besides if the man does not want to use condoms that suggestion becomes pretty useless since she can't force him.
And let's be realistic, punishments exist for a reason. If people are left to do whatever wrong they like and get away with it, nobody would be good.
If women decide to always put up with such lackadaisical attitude towards fatherhood from men, then more and more men will decide to take their marriages for granted seeing as how they know their wives would not do anything except cook their favourite food and lose weight and request condom use.
That's just human nature. We tend to do wrong when we know we will get away with it.
Marriage is not supposed to be miserable or burdensome for any one of the parties involved, especially not the woman who is usually more emotionally fragile and sensitive to psychological traumas.
The man is supposed to be the leader of the family, the head, the one that keeps everything together, in order. The one that sees to the welfare of his wife and children, sees to their happiness and peace of mind and protects them. As a leader should.
Why do some Nigerian women, instead of encouraging men to step up to their responsibilities and play the role of head that society bestows on them, why do these women encourage randy, irresponsible husbands by making it seem like the duty of keeping the home together is the sole responsibility of the woman?
I dislike divorce, I think it should be the absolute last option to solve marital problems, but I also support justice and fairness. If one person in a partnership is being treated unjustly or oppressed by an unrepentant partner, then I think they ought to liberate themselves instead of living in utter misery and fear of STDs.

1 Like

Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
fellis:

Marriage is not supposed to be miserable or burdensome for any one of the parties involved, especially not the woman who is usually more emotionally fragile and sensitive to psychological traumas.
The man is supposed to be the leader of the family, the head, the one that keeps everything together, in order. The one that sees to the welfare of his wife and children, sees to their happiness and peace of mind and protects them. As a leader should.
Why do some Nigerian women, instead of encouraging men to step up to their responsibilities and play the role of head that society bestows on them, why do these women encourage randy, irresponsible husbands by making it seem like the duty of keeping the home together is the sole responsibility of the woman?

Look i agree with you 100% on the above no doubt about it. So lets talk about this Nigeria for a minute ok.

1.) Nigeria where a man can LEGALLY have multiple wives
2.) Nigeria where men are the head of the houshold and usually have all the money
3.) Nigeria where woman are not empowered or recognised in the society as an equal
4.) Nigeria where the employment is scare unemployment is high

What are women to do in this society based on the above and so much more i did not mention, find a wealthy man and hold on @ all cost. Look i did not create the dynamics of this society. in short in my home country it is the exact opposite of life over here so this whole expereince has been a learning curve for me but i see a lot more these days that I have opened up my eyes to the realities of the society that i currently live in. Would i give this advice to someone in my home Country of course NOT. Am I a hyprocrite. The answer again is no. For example if OP was in Canada I would tell her to divorce if she wants and take her chances she will find a man, of course over their she would be entitled to half the husbands assets. So i would say go for it. But come on in Nigeria, 3 kids divorced and looking for a decent man that will make you happy. That request superseads a miracle ooo. until things change in this country like men only being able to keep 1 wife and women being able to sue and get half their assets upon divorce i dont see anything changing, in regards to men keeping their joystick under control. wink. Look i did not make the rules of this society, Im just living in it thats all. wink
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by agiboma(f): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
ronkebp: Agiboma....really i have been following your advice on this thread, and my question is 'really'??

Yes oooo really my views on womanizers appearently is highly controversial on this NL. I choose to think and reason out side of the box on this one. grin grin
Re: I Want A Divorce. Need A Lawyer by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
agiboma:

Look i agree with you 100% on the above no doubt about it. So lets talk about this Nigeria for a minute ok.

1.) Nigeria where a man can LEGALLY have multiple wives
2.) Nigeria where men are the head of the houshold and usually have all the money
3.) Nigeria where woman are not empowered or recognised in the society as an equal
4.) Nigeria where the employment is scare unemployment is high

What are women to do in this society based on the above and so much more i did not mention, find a wealthy man and hold on @ all cost.
Ahhh! Now I see where your views comes from.
Abeg, abeg, abeg, what women are to do in a situation such as the one we find our society is for them to GET JOBS so that they don't end up thinking they need to depend on men at all costs to survive.
Fine, unemployment is rife but jobs are still there. Women still get jobs.
As for the society we live in and the lack of recognition of women which plagues it, what we should do is CHANGE it, or at least attempt to change it by speaking against it instead of putting up with it without complaining. If you have a problem, try to solve it, don't adapt to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Men,What Is/are The Things Your Woman Would Do To You That You Can Never Forgive / Kick For Jesus: Ghanaian Pastor Kicks Pregnant Woman In Her Belly (Video) / 7 Qualities Of An Ideal Wife (wife Material)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.