Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

African Stereotypes - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Stereotypes (2260 Views)

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / Igbo Stereotypes / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Stereotypes by ekoair(m): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2012
i think every african has came across one of these stereotypes at least once in their lifetimes, finally someone addresses the issues. this guy really makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hagsVyfUI

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by AmeriBeauty: 1:42am On Apr 26, 2012
That was hilarious yet sad. As an American, I have a couple of Nigerian friends and they say the same thing. Americans are stereotyped about how they view people from the Africa, the "continent". However there is a population that is not knowledgeable about different cultures period. I am not justifying it, but our educational system does not demand the study of cultures outside of the U.S. I am 39 years of age, and I remember only being taught about the pilgrims grin. The U.S. has been a country that for years has been so blessed and has not had to demand too much from any other country. Now the global era inwhich we live today demands that we become more knowledgeable about the world we live in.

I certainly understand this guy's frustration, because of comments made about Americans.
Re: African Stereotypes by ekoair(m): 6:14am On Apr 27, 2012
true but what i hate is how people ask ignorant questions like he said, they lack common sense
Re: African Stereotypes by naijarific: 8:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
this video is so true!!!
Re: African Stereotypes by ekoair(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2012
ikr
Re: African Stereotypes by LogicMind: 10:55am On May 09, 2012
why are you worried about what others think of you?
are they worried about what you think of them?

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2012
Interesting.

i will check this out and add my two million. grin
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
LOL@ What is African booty scratcher?!! grin

This guy's hilarious and handsome. wink

I've only watched 1:52 of it and already cracking up!! grin grin
Re: African Stereotypes by MrsChima1(f): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
LMAO@the dude shirt. grin grin grin grin grin grin It looks tooo drag queenish. lipsrsealed

@topic

Well...I can say the same thing for Africans who make ignorant statements as well. Everyone AROUND THE WORLD make ignorant statements and stereotypes. No one is innocent here. People want to ry wolf when the rock hit them....if you can dish it...you should ne able to take it.
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
LMAO@the dude shirt. grin grin grin grin grin grin It looks tooo drag queenish. lipsrsealed

@topic

Well...I can say the same thing for Africans who make ignorant statements as well. Everyone AROUND THE WORLD make ignorant statements and stereotypes. No one is innocent here. People want to ry wolf when the rock hit them....if you can dish it...you should ne able to take it.

Good point because I am certain there are stereotypes about Americans or the British being said and repeated by Africans in Africa who have never even met them, and go to those countries already conditioned to believe in those stereotypes.

It's a natural part of humanity and sometimes it's cool because it promotes education but at the same time, it's like when are we going to get it that "people are people" and at the end of they day "different places, same mentalities". wink
Re: African Stereotypes by sambos994(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
I couldn't have said any better. Wtf is the clicking noise anyway? grin

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by MrsChima1(f): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
*Kails*:

Good point because I am certain there are stereotypes about Americans or the British being said and repeated by Africans in Africa who have never even met them, and go to those countries already conditioned to believe in those stereotypes.

It's a natural part of humanity and sometimes it's cool because it promotes education but at the same time, it's like when are we going to get it that "people are people" and at the end of they day "different places, same mentalities". wink

Yeah...I have noticed many individuals who may have never left their hometown will make statements that is hilarious and most times you can tell who traveled or sheltered.

I have read statements on this site about certain women...in particular "Western" women or women of color. I have heard some ignorant statements about other groups and I do not bother to "correct" because at the end of the day they will believe what theyw ant to believe. I have tried to correct stereotypes before and those who I have defended became just as ignorant.

So I don't feel sorry...I say oh well.
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 01, 2012
sambos994: I couldn't have said any better. Wtf is the clicking noise anyway? grin

lol an imitation of the noise the khoisan ppl make to communicate. grin grin
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 01, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Yeah...I have noticed many individuals who may have never left their hometown will make statements that is hilarious and most times you can tell who traveled or sheltered.

I have read statements on this site about certain women...in particular "Western" women or women of color. I have heard some ignorant statements about other groups and I do not bother to "correct" because at the end of the day they will believe what theyw ant to believe. I have tried to correct stereotypes before and those who I have defended became just as ignorant.

So I don't feel sorry...I say oh well.

exactly.

like i said "people are people" and you will have ignorant as well as those who want to be enlightened in every group.

my advise to all is dont let the ignorance annoy or get to you because whether you like it or not, some people just wont get it.

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by MrsChima(f): 12:59am On Oct 01, 2012
I thought the clicking noise was somebodys ret@rded family member.

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I thought the clicking noise was somebodys ret@rded family member.

grin grin grin

lol. naw its a real "language".
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 01, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: African Stereotypes by BlackKenichi(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2012

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by somalia5: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2012
why do you guys associate africa with negroids.

africa is made up of Arabs, berbers, Somalis, ethiopians, eritreans and negroids

you guys already took over the word black to mean negroid. now you guys are taking the word african. well time for somalia to be part of the middle east then.
Re: African Stereotypes by BlackKenichi(m): 1:11am On Oct 06, 2012
somalia5: why do you guys associate africa with negroids.

africa is made up of Arabs, berbers, Somalis, ethiopians, eritreans and negroids

you guys already took over the word black to mean negroid. now you guys are taking the word african. well time for somalia to be part of the middle east then.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Arabs. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Somalis.
Re: African Stereotypes by sambos994(m): 1:13am On Oct 06, 2012

And we've been hoping for that for how many years now?
Re: African Stereotypes by somalia5: 1:21am On Oct 06, 2012
sambos994: And we've been hoping for that for how many years now?

lmao. we need to rent our land out so that people from middle east can enslave u monkeys
Re: African Stereotypes by Blyss: 2:21am On Oct 06, 2012
ekoair: i think every african has came across one of these stereotypes at least once in their lifetimes, finally someone addresses the issues. this guy really makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hagsVyfUI

He did a good job though he missed the most golden one of all, and that is "Damn, them Africans be musty as hell"
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Blyss:

He did a good job though he missed the most golden one of all, and that is "Damn, them Africans be musty as hell"

it's official blyss = kony = MANDINGOII grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 06, 2012
*Kails*:

it's official blyss = kony = MANDINGOII grin grin grin grin grin

Still dont believe you still think he's AA. Dude is Nigerian.

His Horus, Kony, and mandingo posts are Nigerian-like and targeted at one group.
Re: African Stereotypes by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 07, 2012
Interesting....
Re: African Stereotypes by Blyss: 1:25am On Oct 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Still dont believe you still think he's AA. Dude is Nigerian.

His Horus, Kony, and mandingo posts are Nigerian-like and targeted at one group.

Geees, not this again. You people on here are Loco with these theories about me, though I do find them all humerus.
Re: African Stereotypes by Blyss: 1:27am On Oct 07, 2012

Bye, Niqqa. You'all surely wont be missed, I'm certain of that.

1 Like

Re: African Stereotypes by StarFlux: 1:36am On Oct 07, 2012

(1) (Reply)

What Yoruba Names Are Commonly Associated With Leadership / What's The Origin That Word "PAPA" As We Use To Address Our Fathers? / Amazing Facts About The Igbo Ijele Masquerade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.