Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used (25127 Views)

The Beauty Of Street Football / Caption-you Will Understand If You Truly Play Street Football / Football Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by munaco: 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
MTN extra connect-a well perfect long range pass that connect ur player. surely such pass always result to goal eg chelsea vs barca torres
Thunder- sometime refer to thunder balogun meaning shot wey dey tear belle.
360- omo na to turn ur opponent so tee the guy go give up
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by AK481(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
Felele=a light ball
double lether
guiding=to block an oponent 4rm touching d ball
konti=a special kind of drible used mostly by ronaldinho n me
je bar/je igi=to strike d bar.

And dis song"make we sori 4 them,no sori!(x2)
Akara no dey sori 4 bread (no sori)
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by lordspiritual(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
AKPAKO BALL : small plastic ball
FELELE : light rubber ball
AZARD : health ball.....(size 3,size 4 and size 5)though size 4 was preferred.
TANGO : hard ball(our leg no fit CARRY AM!!!)
FIFA : professional soccer balls
TOEZOO : play the ball with the tip of your toe, often leading to pain
SHOW ME YOUR HEIGHT : when you chip the keeper
OVURA : modified snake bite
SELLING : send the keeper the wrong way(penalties)

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by SoftVersion(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
I remember this one,
extension- to request for a long pass, or to play wide.

Song(5 0 tororo la fun wa fun tororo, e lo fi jeba ni ile yin tororo)-we beat them by 5 0, go and use it with your “eba“ meal at home.

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by NaMe4: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
grin Feleleh
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by uzzyj(m): 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
"Taaya Shrinking"- Ibo langua( If u miss ball, no miss LEG). grin

2 Likes

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by aljharem(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
Memories grin grin

Felele

if you miss ball no miss leg

4 post

one touch
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by moxamet(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
Maiduguri local flavor

case & blada - the black and white football
Wamble - cheap rubber ball
pa pa pena(reti) - 5 vs 5 penalty shoutout

L - zidane's trick
show me ur number - feint
Sa shi a talla - ( literally put him in a commercial e.g nike/pepsi by dribbling the shit out of him
FOOTBALL!!! - simply exclaimed when u see sweet football
Durum kange aa - powerful shot to clear the ball away
Kam kojiya bol kojin ba- defence tactic ( literally man passes but ball dosent or vice versa)
Espana - 5/7 aside football
monkey post - small post usually stone
Kwaliya - (literally beautify with make-up) used to criticize someone that holds the ball for too long
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by KnowAll(m): 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
Sangalow - was actually a brazillian famed for kicking bicycle kicks.

Otolorin - there use to be a player at IICC Ibadan, the man can throw. If he throws the ball from any part of the pitch, the ball would land in the other opponents penalty box, thereby making it easy for his team to score a goal.

Mathematical Odegbami - Yinka Craig(of blessed memory was famous for using this term) and also fabio olanipekun

Carpet Shot - that is a shot which is probably about 2 or 3 inches off the ground and a very difficult one for keepers to catch.

Police Ball - is when amateurs play football that is all they do is just whacking the ball all over the place. a famous one was someone hitting the ball out of the stadium.

Awon Sere - means easy opponents or prey.

ege- dribble
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by TeskyMan(m): 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Haaa memories of old.

Hope you guyz haven't forgotten the songs we sing when we win a tournament. Let me remind you
"Ki la gba fun won, soccer...
Ki la lo fun who, System....
Owo melo la fin'jeba 5 kondo".

When you are taller than the required height, you'll be told - o ti j'egi.

Just remembered how mum used to flog me........
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by TeskyMan(m): 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Remember this victory song too.

'Ha yo jobele kipper, jobele....
Ayan lo keepu fun won, jobele....
Era lo wa ni center, jobele.....

Very funny
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by WINNINGWAYZ(m): 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
5 minutes ibo game.... D ref should allow bad tackles as d game is ending
snake bite... Ronaldinho stunts sha
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by WINNINGWAYZ(m): 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
In benin those day sha..
Sule... Put d ball between d legs of d opponent.
Height. Take d ball over d player.
We believed india does not play football cos they beat nigeria 100 -1. That d ball turns to lion when approaching d goal keeper. So, fifa had to ban them.
Thunder balogun killed his brother, a goal keeper with a left footed shot from d penalty spot...
Otule.. Yeye player.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Limaoscar: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
passenger or short one: When a person is ineffective
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Tinyemeka(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
[quote author=Kilode?!]"Gba si toroo" = put the ball between the legs.

We call it OC.

"Solo, solo": Pass to me quickly. I'm unmarked.

"Over stone": when we used to play "monkey post" (slippers or stones used as the goal post) and the ball passes over the post instead of in-between the two. This is not counted as a goal.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Limaoscar: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
Make me Shine: when you get easier goals or dribbles
Quack am: Tackle him hard or take him out
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Tinyemeka(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
moxamet: Maiduguri local flavor

L - zidane's trick
Sa shi a talla - ( literally put him in a commercial e.g nike/pepsi by dribbling the shit out of him
Kam kojiya bol kojin ba- defence tactic ( literally man passes but ball dosent or vice versa)
Kwaliya - (literally beautify with make-up) used to criticize someone that holds the ball for too long

Guy how far?! Which place for Maiduguri? smiley
moxamet: Maiduguri local flavor

L - zidane's trick

Guy how far?! Which place for Maiduguri?

I stayed at Bolori Layout and Baga Road.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by ceejayluv(m): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
I gba "stud" (ibo)- intentional rough tackle to cause injury.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by phreakabit(m): 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
UP NEPA!!!!! = Wicked Lago!
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Sike(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
LWTMB. This thread nearly removed my teeth. Very funny but [U]TRUE[/U]
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by DECOtech(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Mart d dart: Osi: when the ball passes in between the legs of a player...Matches: when a player accidentally trips and fall on the ball...Bonani: when the ball hits the player's testicles...Chireta: when a player kicks the other purposely...Tumbaleke: playing the ball way over the bar
Pls, what language or dialect is this?
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by mrman2(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
Well play = when u intend to tackle roughly
Gorimapa = when u take the ball over your opponent
Owo = trying to get a ball inbtw anoda players legs so he can be beaten by everyoda player.
Foul to net is a goal
Remember the little trophies? Those ones made with peak milk tin and old light bulbs then wrapped with gold cigarette foil.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by coolguy2002: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
lolols. this place dey boom
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Ashbaba: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
Lago, my thinking- to request for a high pass. Bude, shi toe- injure ur big toe and u use lapalapa leaf liquid to stop the blood
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by tchaik(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
LWKMD!!!! grin grin grin grin
But seriously, since I joined Nairaland, this is the first trending topic I have seen without an atom of tribalistic/ idiotic/bigotic/poo reeking replies.
Who said football aint fun??
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by chelseabmw(m): 11:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
juju .................... Drogba grin
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Ashbaba: 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
Loss am - to send an opponent esp a goal keeper the wrong side... Cut- dribble wound me- injure me i no gree- wilnt agree....
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by achi4u(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
1)banana short:when u play a curving shortgrin
2)C.caution:when u play an indirect short
3)throw way face:when u give pass looking the other way.
4)tem tem:juging with d ball while others caunt for u.
5)legover:when ur leg is going zigzag.
6)opio:when the ball passes thrugh ur two legs

yea! invented number 1 to 3;d

abi i no try?
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Chubhie: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Window, open, set, cee, utalia, block and X
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by follypimpi(m): 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ojoro cancel ojoro!
Shi toe
Nansa
Ogiri Gbamila
O yanyan - misses the ball
O tian - misses the ball
Ege Maradonna - Dribbles like maradonna
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by habiolah(m): 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
Anyone knows 'follow me'? This skill that Okocha uses.
May be dis one na only my area sha, when the ball passes over or beside the goal post, and people shout 'eh Gaol', your response will be 'Yakubu Gowan ni'
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by excaat(m): 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
The song goes "one cup, obi, one cup, obi, kererenke obi, kererenke obi...." The winning tean echoed song into the streets swinging thier top cloths into the air and the captain raising a plastic made cup wrapped with cigarate inner gold pack or locozade bottle wrap, chei memories cant die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Falcons Take Protest March To Presidential Villa To Meet The FEC / Plusvalenza: Italy's Appeal Court Hit Juve With 10-Point Deduction In Serie A / Paul Kehinde Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.