Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

About To Go To South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / About To Go To South Africa (4141 Views)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Is It Possible For Person To Travel From Nigeria To South Africa By Land / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
Good day guys, am happy that you are here

Am preparing to go to s.a very soon buh am kinda confused with what i saw here on NL thread about s.a cos have a friend in East London, Eastern Cape and he told me very good things about s.a, i can see he is living good as well cos we chat always on bbm.

Please guys, need your help about my movement.

Am a very good technician based on electrical work, please how can i survive in s.a?

Please i need your response

Thank you

God Bless You.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by alfablondy: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
adeniyie: Good day guys, am happy that you are here

Am preparing to go to s.a very soon buh am kinda confused with what i saw here on NL thread about s.a cos have a friend in East London, Eastern Cape and he told me very good things about s.a, i can see he is living good as well cos we chat always on bbm.

Please guys, need your help about my movement.

Am a very good technician based on electrical work, please how can i survive in s.a?

Please i need your response

Thank you

I think you have to start from your friend, ask him what he does for living, his immigration status, and the possibility of someone in your profession to reside and survive legitimately in SA. ask him for details. Most guys will not tell you the detailed info, they will tell you when you get to the bridge you will cross it. it is better to know how to cross the bridge before embarking on the journey.Best of luck

God Bless You

1 Like

Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
thankx for the respond

that exactly what he told me, that when i come we will do everything, if you are in s.a pls help me out cos am desperate to leave this country.

am coming to s.a wit a visiting visa

pls guy help me out with the information iiiiii need to proceed with my travellimg.

God Bless You.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by DisGuy: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
firstly my dear, pray to God to direct ur footsteps,make u 2 possess any land u find urself n to make u eat d good of dat land. If u r coming here wth a visiting visa,pls legalise ur stay b4 d expiratn of ur first 30days.since u av a handiwork l think u can easily get sometin 2 do here. I wish u d best

1 Like

Re: About To Go To South Africa by alfablondy: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
queenyetty09: firstly my dear, pray to God to direct ur footsteps,make u 2 possess any land u find urself n to make u eat d good of dat land. [b]If u r coming here wth a visiting visa,pls legalise ur stay b4 d expiratn of ur first 30days.[/b]since u av a handiwork l think u can easily get sometin 2 do here. I wish u d best

I think the op will be interested in how he could legalise his stay. May be you could give him some info.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2012
queenyetty09: firstly my dear, pray to God to direct ur footsteps,make u 2 possess any land u find urself n to make u eat d good of dat land. If u r coming here wth a visiting visa,pls legalise ur stay b4 d expiratn of ur first 30days.since u av a handiwork l think u can easily get sometin 2 do here. I wish u d best

How can i legalize my stay? Queen. Am confused totally cos most people in s.a said there is work for handwork people buh want am seeing on this thread is touching, am scared to make any move abt the travelling cos 400k no b small money.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2012
alfablondy:

I think the op will be interested in how he could legalise his stay. May be you could give him some info.

Alfa why dont you help me out with some info plsss, thats what i nid ryt nw. Am coming to s.a to work not to see the beautiful sight. Plssss

Are u in s.a? If yes,

What kind of work are you doing in s.a ryt nw?

How long av u been in s.a?

Pls help me out, i nid answers
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
adeniyie:

How can i legalize my stay? Queen. Am confused totally cos most people in s.a said there is work for handwork people buh want am seeing on this thread is touching, am scared to make any move abt the travelling cos 400k no b small money.
if u haven't gotten ur visa l wud advise u get a student visa,it's beta dan visiting visa.legalizing ur stay depends on ur locatn n ow its been done there n which is easier n beta there.u can seek asylum,get admission if u r entering as a visitor,do marriage n use d certificate or do accompany spouse or cross border until u r able 2 finish ur documentatn.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
queenyetty09: if u haven't gotten ur visa l wud advise u get a student visa,it's beta dan visiting visa.legalizing ur stay depends on ur locatn n ow its been done there n which is easier n beta there.u can seek asylum,get admission if u r entering as a visitor,do marriage n use d certificate or do accompany spouse or cross border until u r able 2 finish ur documentatn.

Am coming thru visiting visa, am coming to East London, whats assylum? Am sorry i dont get this stuff u saying, marriage what? Am coming to work nor school my dear. Pls enlight me.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by modupemi: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
@queenyetty

I intend to come for my masters in SA sometime next year. I'll be studying either MIS or Software Engineering. What are the chances of getting a good job after such programme
Re: About To Go To South Africa by alfablondy: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
adeniyie:

Alfa why dont you help me out with some info plsss, thats what i nid ryt nw. Am coming to s.a to work not to see the beautiful sight. Plssss

Are u in s.a? If yes,

What kind of work are you doing in s.a ryt nw?

How long av u been in s.a?

Pls help me out, i nid answers

@ adeniye I am not in SA, That is why I think those residing in SA legally not by "arranging" papers, marriage or life partner should be able to give you info on what options you have.

May be you get some valuable info from this sites.

http://www.services.gov.za/services/content/Home/ServicesforForeignNationals/en_ZA

http://www.home-affairs.gov.za/Requirements%20for%20Permits.html
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 8:13pm On Apr 27, 2012
alfablondy:

@ adeniye I am not in SA, That is why I think those residing in SA legally not by "arranging" papers, marriage or life partner should be able to give you info on what options you have.

May be you get some valuable info from this sites.

http://www.services.gov.za/services/content/Home/ServicesforForeignNationals/en_ZA

http://www.home-affairs.gov.za/Requirements%20for%20Permits.html
u can say dat cos u r nt in sa n u don't know wat ppl ova dere r going thru in order to make ends meet.frm ur first post l was wondering y u r asking on behalf of d op for me to explain ow he can legalize his stay n dat was y l ignore u totally cos l don't know how dat sud bother u.in everytin l said did u hear anytin about arranging papers at all? I don't do illegal tins n won't advise him 2 do anytin like dat.Abeg just pack urself go one side
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 8:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
modupemi: @queenyetty

I intend to come for my masters in SA sometime next year. I'll be studying either MIS or Software Engineering. What are the chances of getting a good job after such programme
pls apply for d admission dis year cos u av to apply like a year b4.u r about doing great courses n ur chances of getting a job here are high. Gudluck
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
adeniyie:

Am coming thru visiting visa, am coming to East London, whats assylum? Am sorry i dont get this stuff u saying, marriage what? Am coming to work nor school my dear. Pls enlight me.
no employer will employ u with a visiting visa. U av to av asylum,stdent or work permit b4 u can work.asylum is wen u r residing in d country as a refugee.u can apply 4 admission immediately u enterd n d sch wud assist u wth ur student permit.u can get married in a court to a citizen n use d certificate or get a common partner like a girl frd.d lady's id no is wat will be on ur accommpany spouse permit n u can work wth it.it all depends on ur locatn
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 2:33am On Apr 28, 2012
queenyetty09: no employer will employ u with a visiting visa. U av to av asylum,stdent or work permit b4 u can work.asylum is wen u r residing in d country as a refugee.u can apply 4 admission immediately u enterd n d sch wud assist u wth ur student permit.u can get married in a court to a citizen n use d certificate or get a common partner like a girl frd.d lady's id no is wat will be on ur accommpany spouse permit n u can work wth it.it all depends on ur locatn

Thank you so much queen, u keeping my hope of coming to s.a alive, God Bless You MORE

Can i enter with visiting visa and when i get to s.a i apply for the assylum/studentvisa/workingvisa, meanwhile hope the assylum/refugee stuff is not gonna give me prblm in the future?

My friend in East London told me he is using student visa (3yrs) and he did it for 100,000NGN, he told me working permit is 200k above my 1000usd bta sef and after that nah war to secure a job cos indiege sef neva see work do, how is this true? he told me when i come we gonna arrange everything buh i wanna prepare from nigeria and knw most everytin am goin to face befor departing from here thats why am curious to knw few things.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by alfablondy: 4:35am On Apr 28, 2012
This is a faceless forum, How can I pack myself go one side grin grin grin I have fun on this site and also learn from threads.Remember every thread is not for the benefits of the Op alone.

@ queen of SA grin grin In my post I didnot accuse you of being illegal or advising the op to use arrangee papers I mentioned it so that the op should be aware of it and will advice him not to settle for that. That is why I posted those 2 links.
queenyetty09: if u haven't gotten ur visa l wud advise u get a student visa,it's beta dan visiting visa.legalizing ur stay depends on ur locatn n ow its been done there n which is easier n beta there[b].u can seek asylum,get admission if u r entering as a visitor,do marriage n use d certificate or do accompany spouse or cross border[/b] until u r able 2 finish ur documentatn.

queenyetty09: u can say dat cos u r nt in sa n u don't know wat ppl ova dere r going thru in order to make ends meet.frm ur first post l was wondering y u r asking on behalf of d op for me to explain ow he can legalize his stay n dat was y l ignore u totally cos l don't know how dat sud bother u.in everytin l said did u hear anytin about arranging papers at all? I don't do illegal tins n won't advise him 2 do anytin like dat.Abeg just pack urself go one side[/quote]

[quote author=queenyetty09]no employer will employ u with a visiting visa. U av to av asylum,stdent or work permit b4 u can work.asylum is wen u r residing in d country as a refugee.u can apply 4 admission immediately u enterd n d sch wud assist u wth ur student permit[b].u can get married in a court to a citizen n use d certificate or get a common partner like a girl frd.d lady's id no is wat will be on ur accommpany spouse permit n u can work wth it.it all depends on ur locatn
[/b] during your stay as a visitor? The lady you have known or met before or Just on arrival? Dont pack me for one side shed more light I beg.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2012
adeniyie:

Thank you so much queen, u keeping my hope of coming to s.a alive, God Bless You MORE

Can i enter with visiting visa and when i get to s.a i apply for the assylum/studentvisa/workingvisa, meanwhile hope the assylum/refugee stuff is not gonna give me prblm in the future?

My friend in East London told me he is using student visa (3yrs) and he did it for 100,000NGN, he told me working permit is 200k above my 1000usd bta sef and after that nah war to secure a job cos indiege sef neva see work do, how is this true? he told me when i come we gonna arrange everything buh i wanna prepare from nigeria and knw most everytin am goin to face befor departing from here thats why am curious to knw few things.
wen coming hold all ur credencials including ur ssce.all will convertd to sa equivalent by SAQA which will boost ur chances of getting a gud job n a gud salary.l don't know about east london n ow tins r done there.goggle gumtree east london,click on services n check legal n paralegal.search 4 immigratn firms n lawyers dat can help u better
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 7:53am On Apr 28, 2012
@ alfablondy,since u r nt d one coming to sa l av no light to shed to ur questns.am nt surprised at ur accusatns n counter accusatns n ur level of reasoning cos l read all ur posts on d other thread dat has to do wth experiences in sa.timewaster
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2012
queenyetty09: wen coming hold all ur credencials including ur ssce.all will convertd to sa equivalent by SAQA which will boost ur chances of getting a gud job n a gud salary.l don't know about east london n ow tins r done there.goggle gumtree east london,click on services n check legal n paralegal.search 4 immigratn firms n lawyers dat can help u better

Ok thankx
Am gonna do that nw and get bact to you.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by banky1987(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2012
@queenyetty

Madam I have something to discuss with you which I can't share on a forum like this can you pls add me to your BBM 20001a8c. Or email bankydirect@gmail.com. Thanks so much.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by alfablondy: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2012
queenyetty09: @ alfablondy,since u r nt d one coming to sa l av no light to shed to ur questns.am nt surprised at ur accusatns n counter accusatns n ur level of reasoning cos l read all ur posts on d other thread dat has to do wth experiences in sa.timewaster
queenyetty09: wen coming hold all ur credencials including ur ssce.all will convertd to sa equivalent by SAQA which will boost ur chances of getting a gud job n a gud salary.l don't know about east london n ow tins r done there.goggle gumtree east london,click on services n check legal n paralegal.search 4 immigratn firms n lawyers dat can help u better

Finally relevant info are coming in, SAQA South African Qualification Authority.
Immigration firms and lawyers.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
banky1987: @queenyetty

Madam I have something to discuss with you which I can't share on a forum like this can you pls add me to your BBM 20001a8c. Or email bankydirect@gmail.com. Thanks so much.

Same here buh nah facebook, add me Beyllow Orlaheton. Pls queen cos it getting complicated talking here. Thnkx
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 9:33am On Apr 29, 2012

Tell me abt tins in ur syd, I fink durban ryt? I myt end up in durban cos I don't undastnd the gumtree stuff on google, buh am ok with the SAQA.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2012
adeniyie:

Tell me abt tins in ur syd, I fink durban ryt? I myt end up in durban cos I don't undastnd the gumtree stuff on google, buh am ok with the SAQA.
ok.gumtree is a site used all over sa 2 search 4 jobs,missed connectns,sell stuffs,etc. U just need to add d place u r seeking info. What do u want to know abt dbn?
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 11:23am On Apr 30, 2012
I want to know abt the standard of living in durban, house rent and so on.......maybe i can change my mind nd come there.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 2:41am On May 01, 2012
adeniyie: I want to know abt the standard of living in durban, house rent and so on.......maybe i can change my mind nd come there.
if u want to stay in d city centre close to shops,amenities,beaches n better job opportunities,bachelor flats r btw R2100 to R2800 per mth,some with light n water included. If u like quite environment n can shuttle to town everyday if u r working in town,flats r R1200 to R1800 per mth. Anoda option is if u like to share a room in 2 or 3bedroom for btw R800 - R1500 in city centre.
Re: About To Go To South Africa by jidewin(m): 5:24am On May 01, 2012
queenyetty09: if u want to stay in d city centre close to shops,amenities,beaches n better job opportunities,bachelor flats r btw R2100 to R2800 per mth,some with light n water included. If u like quite environment n can shuttle to town everyday if u r working in town,flats r R1200 to R1800 per mth. Anoda option is if u like to share a room in 2 or 3bedroom for btw R800 - R1500 in city centre.
Replied your email....pls chkyour in box...yahoo
Re: About To Go To South Africa by adeniyie(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2012
queenyetty09: if u want to stay in d city centre close to shops,amenities,beaches n better job opportunities,bachelor flats r btw R2100 to R2800 per mth,some with light n water included. If u like quite environment n can shuttle to town everyday if u r working in town,flats r R1200 to R1800 per mth. Anoda option is if u like to share a room in 2 or 3bedroom for btw R800 - R1500 in city centre.

Got that queen.

1 Like

Re: About To Go To South Africa by lind2011(f): 3:07pm On May 01, 2012
GOD BLESS
Re: About To Go To South Africa by kross1: 7:15am On May 02, 2012
lind2011: hi queen send me ur bbm pin, or u can add me 22c571e9

Hello Queen, please I want to make some personal enquiries from You via mail about SA, here's my email ezibaba@gmail.com.How may I contact You,please
Re: About To Go To South Africa by DAY12(m): 1:21pm On May 02, 2012
Nice thread!

(1) (2)

This Is Ibadan Airport / Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" / Navy Seal Drowned Inside Cave In Thailand Trying To Rescue Trapped Boys(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.