Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,983 members, 7,863,499 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1175760 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

English FA also owes us the EPL trophy. we're the rightful winner of EPL as we beat the three teams occupying the top 3 spots in England

Lol haaa grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:05am On May 29, 2022
Bale, Benzema , Isco , Modric , Casemiro, Nacho, Marcelo and Carvajal have won FIVE UCLS with us.

To put it in perspective, Barcelona have won the same number of UCLs in their ENTIRE history

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On May 29, 2022
FergieRaww:

Lol haaa grin

Yes na, it won't be a bad idea for them to hand us Ligue one too as we beat the only relevant team there

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:13am On May 29, 2022
FergieRaww:

Courtois deserves to be in second if you ask me..

I'm not in the right frame of mind atm to discuss better on this matter on how Benz goals is more crucial than anything else in this our UCL run

Fair enough, we'd discuss this later
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by TheHulk616: 8:13am On May 29, 2022
nonny1212:

Vinicius is good and he is a real madrid player. But I can never rate him above Mbappe or Chiesa. Vinicius dey below, very below.

I no dey do sentiment for general player rating. I dey watch all of them so I know how they perform
you and 5 people that liked the post, need to apologise

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by TheHulk616: 8:15am On May 29, 2022
nonny1212:

Lol, very very below o

No worry, Very soon you will understand and see through Vini jr. the 5 goals he scored this still dey cover some real madrid fans eyes.

I complained about our defence ealier this season, some fans attcked me especially about militao and nacho. now e don dey hurt us

If Chiesa is in real madrid, Vinicuis will be chopping steady bench
trash

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 8:24am On May 29, 2022
FergieRaww:
Quick question.. i'm seeing online we owe Chelsea some certain figures cause of this UCL win?

if so then i hope say we don pay finish after this one for Hazard side, but in any way it means we keep bagging UCL & La Liga every season just to pay them a few euros then sign me up but let this be the last payment to them sha!

Yes but they're not getting any dime bro grin
He didn't play upto 50% of the matches according to the clause !

Papa Perez no be Buhari o cheesy

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by karkinase(m): 8:43am On May 29, 2022
Hala madrid cheesy we own the UCL.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 8:49am On May 29, 2022
FergieRaww when you go start the celebration nau grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Karleb(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I need someone to change my mind. I'm of the opinion that Thibaut Courtois deserves Balon d'Or and there's no way he could've done any better. Benzema helped us win games but Courtois made us stay long enough in it for Benz to do his work. There's outfield bias in these awards too and the further upfield you are the better your chances. Courtois makes 3 saves at 0-0. Benzema then scores 2 Courtois then still makes 3 world class saves afterwards to keep it 2-0. MOTM? Karim Benzema. Even if he isn't awarded the MOTM most discussion boards would still talk about him like he is.

NB: This is not intended to sheet on Benzema or to undermine his part in these trophies we won but I still think Thibaut Courtois deserves Balon d'Or ahead of him despite him being unarguably our most important outfield player

Courtois has done a good job but he doesn't deserve balon d'or.

Do you know how many goes he conceded en route to final?

Real attackers have been making judicious uses of chances. How many chances did RM created en route to final?

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:59am On May 29, 2022
Karleb:

Real attackers have been making judicious uses of chances. How many chances did RM created en route to final?

How does his conceding goals take away from him? are you saying for a keeper to win Balon d'Or he has to keep clean sheets and not concede any goal?

For the record Courtois made 59 saves, most ever in a single UCL campaign since 04, also most ever saves in a UCL final (9). Half of those were also unreal match-winning saves.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:04am On May 29, 2022
Topmaike007:
The five gang grin

Calvajah, Casemiro and Nacho can all end up with 7 UCL titles by the time they retire cos they should still be with us in 4-5 years time.

Benzema, Toni and Modric all have like 2 more season maximum so they too can catch up with our great Gento 6 UCL record.

Chai group of players having more UCLs than most teams of 100+ years old grin

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:16am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I need someone to change my mind. I'm of the opinion that Thibaut Courtois deserves Balon d'Or and there's no way he could've done any better. Benzema helped us win games but Courtois made us stay long enough in it for Benz to do his work. There's outfield bias in these awards too and the further upfield you are the better your chances. Courtois makes 3 saves at 0-0. Benzema then scores 2 Courtois then still makes 3 world class saves afterwards to keep it 2-0. MOTM? Karim Benzema. Even if he isn't awarded the MOTM most discussion boards would still talk about him like he is.

NB: This is not intended to sheet on Benzema or to undermine his part in these trophies we won but I still think Thibaut Courtois deserves Balon d'Or ahead of him despite him being unarguably our most important outfield player

Nah Benzema deserves his award, Courtois can settle for top 3 or 5 position. Courtois put in a 10/10 in the finals but maybe a 8/10 in games like vs Chelsea and Man City when Benzema came up with 10/10 perfromance.

Recency bias brings Courtois to the picture but trust me, to score a goal is still the hardest thing to do in football compared to stopping one via saves. Benz got not just goals but back2back hat tricks vs fvcking PSG and Man City!!

Benzema was our least impressive player in yesterday's final (him and Mendy IMO) but he has already paid his dues in the prior games.
Overall this season: Benzema >> Courtois >> Vini >> Modric >> Militao in that order as our top 5 best players this season.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 9:53am On May 29, 2022
GoddyOra:

Nah Benzema deserves his award, Courtois can settle for top 3 or 5 position. Courtois put in a 10/10 in the finals but maybe a 8/10 in games like vs Chelsea and Man City when Benzema came up with 10/10 perfromance.

Recency bias brings Courtois to the picture but trust me, to score a goal is still the hardest thing to do in football compared to stopping one via saves. Benz got not just goals but back2back hat tricks vs fvcking PSG and Man City!!

Benzema was our least impressive player in yesterday's final (him and Mendy IMO) but he has already paid his dues in the prior games.
Overall this season: Benzema >> Courtois >> Vini >> Modric >> Militao in that order as our top 5 best players this season.

Which Man City? undecided
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2022
Kudos to Perez as well for these great achievements.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:10am On May 29, 2022
First off I must admit these are good points
GoddyOra:

This is good point but the bias there is very obvious. Yes, Benz did win us these knockout games but Courtois kept us in the game enough to make Benz performance matter in the end. Check out the Chelsea matches both first and second leg chances that Thibaut saved. the PSG first and second legs in which he faced a barrage of shots from them and even saved a penalty to boot. Then comes Man City match and his saves kept the game from getting totally away from us in the first leg and also second leg. the less said about the final the better. why does a goal have to rate much higher than a save?

I disagree that scoring is harder than saving. I'm not rating one above the other though.

the bias once again rears its head. a certain goal saved by a keeper is just as good as an impressive goal scored by a striker. one helps you stay in the game and the other helps you win the game

I'm of the opinion Benzema =Thibaut
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Purpl3: 10:14am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Fair enough, we'd discuss this later

I think Courtois definitely deserves a spot on the podium but not ahead of Benzema.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 10:44am On May 29, 2022
What a season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 10:45am On May 29, 2022
Hala Madrid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 10:46am On May 29, 2022
From Lagos to Kampala Bayern to Madrid

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 10:47am On May 29, 2022
How it started vs how it ended

All the best capitan cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 10:48am On May 29, 2022
Our birthright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 11:06am On May 29, 2022
No be who read pass dey pass exam grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:14am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
First off I must admit these are good points
This is good point but the bias there is very obvious. Yes, Benz did win us these knockout games but Courtois kept us in the game enough to make Benz performance matter in the end. Check out the Chelsea matches both first and second leg chances that Thibaut saved. the PSG first and second legs in which he faced a barrage of shots from them and even saved a penalty to boot. Then comes Man City match and his saves kept the game from getting totally away from us in the first leg and also second leg. the less said about the final the better. why does a goal have to rate much higher than a save?
I disagree that scoring is harder than saving. I'm not rating one above the other though.

the bias once again rears its head. a certain goal saved by a keeper is just as good as an impressive goal scored by a striker. one helps you stay in the game and the other helps you win the game

I'm of the opinion Benzema =Thibaut

Still fair since it's your opinion mate which is valid. Courtois only average game in our KO games was vs Man City (1st leg) when he had less than 2-3 saves and conceded 4 goals.
Maybe vs Chelsea (2nd leg) too.

Except that he was monstrous all through despite rarely keeping clean sheets.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Karleb(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

How does his conceding goals take away from him? are you saying for a keeper to win Balon d'Or he has to keep clean sheets and not concede any goal?

For the record Courtois made 59 saves, most ever in a single UCL campaign since 04, also most ever saves in a UCL final (9). Half of those were also unreal match-winning saves.

Normally, RM wouldn't have any final to play if not for those second half miracles.

Courtois conceded 10 goals in the knock out stages.

How many teams that conceded 10 goals in UCL knock outs ever made it to final?

I'm not saying he's not good but he and the defense were practically carried to that final.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ALEXAPLAYME: 11:30am On May 29, 2022
cool cool Aporla15

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:34am On May 29, 2022
Payporte:

seer
we are still the biggest and greatest club in Europe without them tongue
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:37am On May 29, 2022
So happy that Vincius got the final goal, deserves top three world best along with Benzema number 1 and courteous Courtios
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:38am On May 29, 2022
karkinase:
Hala madrid cheesy we owe the UCL.
na own o, we no borrow anything. Na we get the champions league
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:40am On May 29, 2022
Some of Una post about Courtios be like people way forget the saves he made against city and chelsea
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:41am On May 29, 2022
Karleb:

how many of those goals were his fault and not due to the defenders
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:42am On May 29, 2022
Devvy4:
From Lagos to Kampala Bayern to Madrid
next na lewandoski,

I know say Ancelotti go find way play am and Benzema for pitch

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.