Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1173644 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ksslib:
Iceland vs Argentina reminded me so much of Game of thrones : A song of Ice and fire.

Can't believe I'm about to say it, but honestly, Messi made my day. grin

I am happy it ended in a draw.

It increases our chances of qualification.

I hope we brat Croatia tonight

Up Super Eagles

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yonce:

How tf is Nigeria gonna play and win this Iceland team.
Their defense is something else. shocked

They play with a high concentration with the structure of their defence.

Notice that anytime they loose the ball in Argentina's half, they don't even try recovering possession.
They just rum back immediately to take thier positions at the defence.

Na who go score for us now.

Nigeria must qualify oooo.
Don't care who joins us amongst the 3

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
usbcable:

I am happy it ended in a draw.

It increases our chances of qualification.

I hope we brat Croatia tonight

Up Super Eagles
You no even happy reach me sef... If we can win Croatia today, then I'm very sure we can qualify from this group.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yonce:

How tf is Nigeria gonna play and win this Iceland team.
Their defense is something else. shocked
Iceland knew they were playing a team with arguably the most potent and poisonous attack in this competition, so they came with a defensive strategy which they knew was their only closest life-line to survival. And it worked for them.

But be rest assured that their strategy will be much different against a Nigerian team they probably see as equals or maybe better than. Iceland won't give us the credit they gave Argentina today defense-wise. I'm sure by now they think they can beat us.

The only scenario I see them re-enacting today's defensive discipline is if their qualification depends on a draw by the time we meet.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
When you have modric in your team, expect magic

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
Miremoses1:
When you have modric in your team, expect magic

Good game from him. Kovacic shoulda done better.

Nigeria just go do legbegbe for Russia. SMH!

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
LordAdamX:

Good game from him. Kovacic shoulda done better.

Nigeria just go do legbegbe for Russia. SMH!

-Lord
Croatia wasn't that superb if you ask me, they just played with experience, that first goal was an own goal(modric had a hand), second was a pen, which modric took with ease.

Nigeria can beat Iceland.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
Miremoses1:
Croatia wasn't that superb if you ask me, they just played with experience, that first goal was an own goal(modric had a hand), second was a pen, which modric took with ease.

Ofc they weren't superb. They didn't have to be.

IMHO, and sorry for being a pessimist, but Nigeria beating Iceland is a tall order. I don't see it happening, but I hope I'm wrong.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Miremoses1:

Nigeria cannot beat Iceland. It'll take a miracle. undecided
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Yonce:

Nigeria cannot beat Iceland. It'll take a miracle. undecided
Iceland will not come to defend, they see nigeria as a team without threat.

I don't really care.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
At least we Madrid fans can take positives from the game

*Modric was superb and got a goal

*Kovacic was wasteful tho' but atleast he made an instant impact coming in from the bench

*This is the funny part cause another football game just went by and no barka player has scored yet (It's a joy for me, don't blame me lol)

5 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
LordAdamX:

Ofc they weren't superb. They didn't have to be.

IMHO, and sorry for being a pessimist, but Nigeria beating Iceland is a tall order. I don't see it happening, but I hope I'm wrong.

-Lord
Rohr should get his tactics right next time, iwobi should have been in that no10 spot. Lol, nigeria is so messed up that v.moses is the one taking set piece.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
FergieRaww:
At least we Madrid fans can take positives from the game

*Modric was superb and got a goal

*Kovacic was wasteful tho' but atleast he made an instant impact coming in from the bench

*This is the funny part cause another football game just went by and no barka player has scored yet (It's a joy for me, don't blame me lol)
Rakitic should thank his stars because he has modric playing alongside him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
Miremoses1:
Rakitic should thank his stars because he has modric playing alongside him.

Exactly... well ion blame Naija losing the battle in midfield, when there's a Powerhouse like Modric and a Lighthouse blonde girl like Rakitic and a MasterCard like Perisic, then you'll know you can't do shit !
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
FergieRaww:

Exactly... well ion blame Naija losing the battle in midfield, when there's a Powerhouse like Modric and a Lighthouse blonde girl like Rakitic and a MasterCard like Perisic, then you'll know you can't do shit !
how many of nigeria players play in a top team in Europe?. Them winning against croatia is'nt likely to happen. The result was fair.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Krasid(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2018
I just pity those who expected the Nigerian team to make it out of the group stages. Expecting a lacklustre team to make the R16 ahead of a Leo Messi led Argentina, a technically astute Croatian team, and a dogged Iceland team is more than being delusionally optimistic. France though; was tipping them to be one of the favourites and wasn't too impressed with their display. Still early days though. But they made a huge mistake not inviting Benz, who I think is one of their best players. Anyways, their loss.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2018
Raul de Tomas renews until 2023 and will be in Real Madrid's first team

The Real Madrid striker that played on loan at Rayo Vallecano last season, Raul de Tomas, will return home after signing a contract extension until 2023.

His aim will be to convince Julen Lopetegui to give him minutes, something that both Mariano and Borja Mayoral were unable to get Zinedine Zidane to do.

"We all have dreams..." the player noted in his social networks.

"Mine started at the age of eight when I first entered this club as a child, knowing that every step I have taken to date would lead me to achieve my dream: to be a Real Madrid player.

"More than the club of my life, thank you. Hala Madrid
."

It is the prize for a player that scored 24 goals for the Lightning, one of the chief reasons why Rayo were promoted back to La Liga.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:56am On Jun 17, 2018
Krasid:
I just pity those who expected the Nigerian team to make it out of the group stages. Expecting a lacklustre team to make the R16 ahead of a Leo Messi led Argentina, a technically astute Croatian team, and a dogged Iceland team is more than being delusionally optimistic. France though; was tipping them to be one of the favourites and wasn't too impressed with their display. Still early days though. But they made a huge mistake not inviting Benz, who I think is one of their best players. Anyways, their loss.

There was good reason to be optimistic. When we qualified, a potential team setup was:

Iheanacho up front (as a fluid/false 9), Onyekuru and Moses on the wings, Iwobi as a 10, Ndidi and Mikel holding the mid, Ebuehi-Leo-Ekong-Idowu at the back line. On a good day such a team would give any of the other teams something to worry about. Unfortunately, things turned out to be much different.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2018
Miremoses1:
Raul de Tomas renews until 2023 and will be in Real Madrid's first team

The Real Madrid striker that played on loan at Rayo Vallecano last season, Raul de Tomas, will return home after signing a contract extension until 2023.

His aim will be to convince Julen Lopetegui to give him minutes, something that both Mariano and Borja Mayoral were unable to get Zinedine Zidane to do.

"We all have dreams..." the player noted in his social networks.

"Mine started at the age of eight when I first entered this club as a child, knowing that every step I have taken to date would lead me to achieve my dream: to be a Real Madrid player.

"More than the club of my life, thank you. Hala Madrid
."

It is the prize for a player that scored 24 goals for the Lightning, one of the chief reasons why Rayo were promoted back to La Liga.

Nice. With Mayoral leaving to understandably seek more game time, he should fill in nicely as a backup.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
All the best to Keylord Navas

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
LordAdamX:

Nice. With Mayoral leaving to understandably seek more game time, he should fill in nicely as a backup.

-Lord
and with Lope as the new coach, he will surely get more minutes.

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kroos did his best but was unfortunate. But I'm glad they lost.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2018
Roma and Real Madrid will reach an agreement for Alisson Becker worth €60m

Spanish newspaper Marca are confident Roma and Real Madrid will reach an agreement for Alisson Becker worth €60m.

The offer on the table so far is €50m plus bonuses, whereas the demand remains at €70-80m.

According to Marca’s front page story on Monday’s edition, the two clubs will eventually meet in the middle at approximately €60m.

Liverpool seem to have been ruled out of the running for the Brazil international goalkeeper, as it’s reported Alisson will either go to the Bernabeu or happily remain at the Stadio Olimpico.

Roma are no longer under Financial Fair Play limitations, having exited their settlement agreement with UEFA, and don’t really need to sell this summer
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Big Benz has been hitting the gym lately. Dude is now fitter and leaner.

Big Benz the two in one footballer. A Creative Midfielder and at the same time an Attacker.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2018
monerozi5590:

Big Benz the two in one footballer. A Creative Midfielder and at the same time an Attacker.
and you think he will be in Lope's starting 11?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo against the best GKs in the world:

Gianluigi Buffon : 9 Goals ⚽️
Manuel Neuer: 9 Goals ⚽️
David De Gea: 7 Goals ⚽️

6 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:51am On Jun 18, 2018
Miremoses1:
and you think he will be in Lope's starting 11?

100 percent. No one does it better than Big Benz.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
monerozi5590:

100 percent. No one does it better than Big Benz.
ok
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Lol. Perez is a savage, offering Chelsea £35m for courtios. grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
monerozi5590:

Really hope he bounces back in the goal scoring department.

Miremoses1:

Well, he has the luxury of several WC GKs being available at the same time. Nice move from him.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Miremoses1:

He's not ready... He knows that Courtois is valued way more than that
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Tunisia players sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.