Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1173943 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
Courtois is not needed. This is a clear case of signing for signing sake.
I don't know but i am just angry at his arrival to our club.

Navas, Casillas, Lunin, Luca and now Courtois. Haba!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

My memory of it is fuzzy right now but as at the time the move to Rube was being finalized respected Spanish Journos said Ronaldo refused a send forth or something similar and preferred to leave on a low key

Na radarada... No be someone who always wants to be Legendary go deny himself of it..

The Cr7 I know would also want to live the moment

It is not true
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
LosVikingos:

Na radarada... No be someone who always wants to be Legendary go deny himself of it..

It is not true

I'd search for the reports when I'm more chanced and CC everyone that thinks its a lie
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
monerozi5590:

You are in my thought bro... The signing just doesn't make any sense undecided angry sad
Like I should grab Perez by his neck right now
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
monerozi5590:

Casillas is at Porto, Lunin and Luca would be in the youth team. Luca would probably leave as his father can no longer help him like he would've
Casilla (which you probably meant) isn't good enough for us.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
LosVikingos:

Your hatred for this guy is pure... You may think it is not.

It is damn clear...

I love every single player that have worn and are wearing our shirt even Lord Danilo and Lord Casilla

That I don't lick Ronaldo's arse like most of our fans do doesn't mean I hate him
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Casillas is at Porto, Lunin and Luca would be in the youth team. Luca would probably leave as his father can no longer help him like he would've

Lol! Cassilla my bad. I just don't want Courtois because of Navas. Lunin should be given a look at. That guy is damn good.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I love every single player that have worn and are wearing our shirt even Lord Danilo and Lord Casilla

That I don't lick Ronaldo's arse like most of our fans do doesn't mean I hate him

You hate him...

That is what I see.

You are always against him...

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
monerozi5590:

Lol! Cassilla my bad. I just don't want Courtois because of Navas. Lunin should be given a look at. That guy is damn good.

I agree its an unnecessary signing but he's cheap for his worth and its hard to pass up. €35 while Chelski replaced him with a keeper not as good as him paying €80M in the process

Lunin can wait for his time and be groomed to take over from TBC like we're doing with Modrić and Kovačić. He can be sent on loan to develop and play further if he keeps up his quality

We're basically set for the next 10-15 years as far as GK position is concerned if everything goes according to plan

But we need a good finisher
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So what becomes of Navas?
Bench?

Of everything he has done for us?

If I were him I will dumb Madrid even for Eyimba! Nonsense angry
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bench?

I believe the coach would do a lot of rotation and who knows if Navas might actually win the war?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
LosVikingos:

You hate him...
That is what I see.
You are always against him...
Wow!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I agree its an unnecessary signing but he's cheap for his worth and its hard to pass up. €35 while Chelski replaced him with a keeper not as good as him paying €80M in the process

Lunin can wait for his time and be groomed to take over from TBC like we're doing with Modrić and Kovačić. He can be sent on loan to develop and play further if he keeps up his quality

We're basically set for the next 10-15 years as far as GK position is concerned if everything goes according to plan

What will happen to Navas now?.. Who go be first choice?.. No be problem Perez d cause for our new coach so?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
monerozi5590:

What will happen to Navas now?.. Who go be first choice?.. No be problem Perez d cause for our new coach so?

I want to believe there'd be lots of rotation like we did during Carlo Ancelotti's first season where both Diego Lopez and Saint Iker were being played in leagues and cups respectively.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bench?

Lol!. Truly i am feeling for Navas right now. Navas don really suffer for Perez hand. Perez just d disrespect Navas anyhow. I will never forget that De Gea Saga
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
monerozi5590:

Lol!. Truly i am feeling for Navas right now. Navas don really suffer for Perez hand. Perez just d disrespect Navas anyhow. I will never forget that De Gea Saga
Let's take a step back a bit and go through the De Gea saga because I've heard our fans get caught up in this a lot

De Gea Navas swap was agreed 1 year after Navas joined us. Navas barely played so he was like present Casilla in terms of importance while De Gea was regarded by many to be top 3-5 goalkeepers in the world at the time

What I'm trying to say in essence is that Navas as at that time was a peripheral figure to Madrid (no disrespect to him) as at that time he had only played 11 times for us mostly in copa and easy league games. For comparison Casilla played 17 games for us last season so he had not gotten the status required for his sale to have been disrespectful
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Let's take a step back a bit and go through the De Gea saga because I've heard our fans get caught up in this a lot

De Gea Navas swap was agreed 1 year after Navas joined us. Navas barely played so he was like present Casilla in terms of importance while De Gea was regarded by many to be top 3-5 goalkeepers in the world at the time

What I'm trying to say in essence is that Navas as at that time was a peripheral figure to Madrid (no disrespect to him) as at that time he had only played 11 times for us mostly in copa and easy league games. For comparison Casilla played 17 games for us last season so he had not gotten the status required for his sale to have been disrespectful

You signed a goalkeeper from Levante. At the time you signed him he was the best goalkeeper in Laliga. Season later you decided to swap him with De Gea without giving him much playing time just like you said.
Is that not disrespect?. Why did you sign him in the first place if you are going to swap him with De Gea? Just to ridicule him or what!

To me, that is disrespect. I even heard Navas was crying because of that.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

At the time the swapped was to happen, Casillas was no longer in our club.

Navas was our first choice goalkeeper under Benitez and he was performing brilliantly.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Buying Courtois is IMHO a 5* decision and I commend the board for finally resolving a pain point. I've maintained here severally that having Casilla as our 2nd-choice GK is sacrilege. We now join Barca, PSG, Man U, Man City in having ultra-HQ GK pairing, and just gave our CdR and Liga winning hopes a considerable boost. I hope the board offloads Casilla to any unfortunate club who'd have the bad luck of signing him and Luca returns to Castilla or goes on loan.

A Navas, Courtois, and Lunin GK roster fills me with confidence.

Now, we just need to sign a decent striker.

LosVikingos:

Your hatred for this guy is pure... You may think it is not.

It is damn clear...

He gets off on sh*tting on CR7. Later he'd call himself a Devil's Advocate and others ass-lickers. Like I or any other CR7 fan am suppose to apologize for being one.

Well he is within his rights not to have a favorite player. Makes it easier for him to type trash, and call it "fuzzy" when he could have easily done 5 minutes of Googling to clear the mist in his head.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2018
He was signed in the 2014-2015 season and even though he was better than casillas at that moment he didn't start. He was the second choice and he was patient to wait for his time. His time came in the 2015-2016 season and he was the first choice under Benitez. Few weeks into the season you decided to swap him with De Gea with 29 Million Pounds for no footballing reasons but just because you love De Gea more than Navas.

Ever since, no transfer window passes without his position being threatened. Perez bought Courtois to do what! to bench Navas? Did Lopetegui ask for new keeper?

Just check out his heroic performances against Bayern and Liverpool instead of the club to increase his pay they went and bought a new keeper.

Lemme go and check what courtois will be earning at Real Madrid and try to compare it with that of Navas first. If that of Courtois is more i will lead a protest against Perez. lol.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2018
We the Madridstas sha!

When Navas was making series of blunders for the past two seasons and the back up Casilla couldn't keep up when he (Navas) was injured for example against Tottenham last season, we clamoured for a new goalkeeper. We welcomed the idea of Perez going for Kepa in January but the deal couldn't go through. Now we got a world class keeper for that amount and we say the management is ungrateful to Navas cos we eventually won trophies?

Navas was the best keeper in La Liga when Real signed him though we already had a world class Casillas and Diego Lopez, and won the UCL season before. We condemned the actions of Perez then but what happened thereafter, 3 UCLs.

I'm really glad we got Courtois and I'm sure Lope will manage him and and Navas well. The Castilla needs more hands and Lunin can help there till his time comes. As for Casilla, I'm sure he will find his way to another club soon.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Rajmeista:
We the Madridstas sha!

When Navas was making series of blunders for the past two seasons and the back up Casilla couldn't keep up when he (Navas) was injured for example against Tottenham last season, we clamoured for a new goalkeeper. We welcomed the idea of Perez going for Kepa in January but the deal couldn't go through. Now we got a world class keeper for that amount and we say the management is ungrateful to Navas cos we eventually won trophies?

Navas was the best keeper in La Liga when Real signed him though we already had a world class Casillas and Diego Lopez, and won the UCL season before. We condemned the actions of Perez then but what happened thereafter, 3 UCLs.

I'm really glad we got Courtois and I'm sure Lope will manage him and and Navas well. The Castilla needs more hands and Lunin can help there till his time comes. As for Casilla, I'm sure he will find his way to another club soon.

Seriously at 35m, we got Courtois for free. He is the WC Golden Glove winner, he is 26, and Chelsea paid 70m for Kepa who has just 1 international cap.

Casilla should be sold. His wage is defo negligible in the larger scheme of things, but I can't bear to see his name on the team sheet. He is simply not RM quality.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
Rajmeista:
We the Madridstas sha!

I don't know about the WE here. Speak for yourself.

Series of blunders you said. By that you mean Navas was committing blunders in every match.

....because of Courtois you are saying Navas is committing SERIES of blunders. I give up, i will not say anything about the Navas situation again. SERIES.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:36am On Aug 09, 2018
monerozi5590:

At the time the swapped was to happen, Casillas was no longer in our club.

Navas was our first choice goalkeeper under Benitez and he was performing brilliantly.

Yes but I think the word "disrespectful" is stretching it. He hadn't even won the respect of majority of madridistas at that time
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2018
monerozi5590:

Series of blunders you said. By that you mean Navas was committing blunders in every match.

....because of Courtois you are saying Navas is committing SERIES of blunders. I give up, i will not say anything about the Navas situation again. SERIES.

I take back the word 'series'. You happy now?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2018
monerozi5590:

Navas is a definition of BLUNDER. I didn't want to join the bandwagon earlier, because it will look like an injustice to him

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hardeycute(m): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2018
Navas misgivings was literally covered by the team, OUTSCORING the opponents

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

We are never set for any next year.
We always buy to replace the player being touted to take over from the person leaving.

Only Varane and Nacho took over from anybody after warming the bench for many years.

Kovacic is leaving
Jese has gone
James is still away
Morata is at London
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2018
On This Day, in 2016, Real Madrid C.F. won the UEFA Super Cup after beating Sevilla FC (3-2).

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2018
Thibaut Courtois individual awards:

2011 Belgian GK of the Year
2012/13 La Liga GK of the Season
2012/13 Liga Zamora Trophy
2013/14 Liga Zamora Trophy
2013/14 UCL Team of the Season
2016/17 EPL Golden Glove
2018 World Cup Golden Glove

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
The nominees for the UEFA Champions League Awards!

Six out of the twelve nominated are Real Madrid C.F. players, not including Cristiano Ronaldo. What a year it's been for us.

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
Miremoses1:
The nominees for the UEFA Champions League Awards!

Six out of the twelve nominated are Real Madrid C.F. players, not including Cristiano Ronaldo. What a year it's been for us.
Nice wink
We dominate the defense and midfield.

I know Modriç will emerg for the midfield award

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.