Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' (21044 Views)

Toni Payne Slams Linda Ikeji - ''you Can't Fool All The People All The Time'' / "Your Birkin Bag Is Fake" - Fan To Linda Ikeji, 'I'm Too Rich To Buy Fake Bag', / Checkout 10 Throwback Photos Of Linda Ikeji You Never Believed She Took (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by eric1960: 6:11am On Apr 27, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tqgoe2yNK68

Last week we got word of popular radio host Toke Makinwa seemingly coming down on blogger Linda Ikeji, saying “I don’t think Linda Ikeji is a role model. She’s a gossiper, She sells gossip” and going on to enjoin her listeners not to pay attention to her as well as bloggers like Perez Hilton.

Miss Ikeji responded to the jab by explaining she didn’t even know who Toke was, and sharing stories of her personal struggles.

Stories like that, however, are something you should never expect from Miss Makinwa, who recently sat down for a chat with 360nobs and said, when asked about how she helped other people, that she would prefer to keep such information private. She went on to say,

“I’m not the person who will come on here and give you ‘I was once a girl who had no shoes, who never dated anyone, and now I help the guy on Ajose-Adeogun to pay his school fees.’ What I do for people who come up to me to ask me for help or come up to me to ask me to inspire them is between myself and the person.”

“You’re not gonna get a sob story from me” she said.

When asked about the controversy regarding being misquoted on the internet about a certain unnamed “someone”, she responded “how do you know I was misquoted” with a giggle. “What if I said it?”

“I don’t know her.” she said of this someone. “I’ve never met her in my life. We don’t run in the same circles, we’re not friends.”

“So when I saw that I thought ‘hmm’,” she continued. “Obviously trying to make this a personal issue. I wasn’t contacted to know if it was true, if it wasn’t true, how it happened.”

When asked “If the other party involved were to walk in here now, what would you say?” she said “I would not even look there. I don’t know her. What does she even look like?” she said jokingly.

“It wasn’t something condescending, so there’s nothing to talk about.”

Interestingly, when asked about who her role models were, she said “Linda Ikeji is one of them, shout out to you.”
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by saydfact(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2012
1st

i quite agree that what ever good you do shd be btw you and ur God....not a means to get public "thank-you"
dat been said; every1 to his/her own opinion.......

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2012
Why dont Mukina Makinwa just face her radio biz? Naija girls with gossiping self
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by 27naira(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2012
We're getting there! grin

Nicki Minaj Vs Lil'Kim.

Nicki: Lil'kim ain't no role model, she shows her [b]t[/b]its to the world
Lil'K: Who da [b]f[/b]uck is [b]t[/b]alking? can't believe barbie got a voice after all.

Oya, linda your turn! cheesy
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2012
mtscheeew This rubbish in front page, but when I post something very serious and useful it will die a natural death on the section. fake Moderators!!!

5 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by saydfact(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2012
on nairaland too tins are sure;

1. someone always gets the 1st post
2. someone always changes the topic line

lol
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by deezed1(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2012
Hey Toke,pls bewarned! Cos nobody messes with ma Linda n gets away with it. So berra mind ur radio bizness o. grin
But seriously, no fightin plzzzzzzz.
U ladies have grown way past dis.
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Silva79(f): 10:16am On Apr 27, 2012
Who dat eediot granted dis bleaching fool an interview?? Dammit she's so irrelevant in RADIO LAND..When we have intelligent OAP like joyce coolfm,amaka coolfm,tosyn bucknor,yop of nigeria info,buqie of classic fm,osi of raypower oge of brila fm...dis mumu come dey claim levels Make she parkwell joooor
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Lee644: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2012
Great Minds Think Alike!
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by mizne1: 10:24am On Apr 27, 2012
Silva79: Who dat eediot granted dis bleaching fool an interview?? Dammit she's so irrelevant in RADIO LAND..When we have intelligent OAP like joyce coolfm,amaka coolfm,tosyn bucknor,yop of nigeria info,buqie of classic fm,osi of raypower oge of brila fm...dis mumu come dey claim levels Make she parkwell joooor
Same feeling [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2012
In my quest to know what these ladies are about I went onto Linda Ikeji's site and read some of the topics there. I was like ...ok, not bad.

In the same vein, I've listened to toke makinwa. This chick thinks so highly of herself (no qualms there) her head is so far up her as5 it is probably stuck.

This chick is so dumb and boring the only time she sounds interesting is when she is having a pop at people. Even at that she employs her colleagues.

The slime even tries to be sarcastic on radio. . . . I think I'm just gonne stop here.

I don't even know what I'm doing listening to her.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 27, 2012
Linda Ikeji is a role model, anytime anyday.. If she chooses to write her whole life experience on her blog,it shldnt be anybody's biz. Its her life,her blog. And her fans love her for that.

This Toke girl is just looking for 5mins of fame? Eeerm wat radio station does she work with? Like seriously? Whos Toke Makinwa?

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by stepo707: 11:10am On Apr 27, 2012
Ladies Matter. lipsrsealed
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by BlackPikiN(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2012
This girl go soon white.

Somebody pls tell her to stop the bleaching abi na whitening.
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by kelz88(f): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2012
Cheap publicity. Smh! I'm sure she knows she's nothing, compared to Linda. At the end of the day Linda is just doing her job. You would think this judgemental biatch would know better, being in similar profession and all, but no. Says a lot about her §tupid self.
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by saydfact(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2012
hmmm.. all na publicity stunt.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by passionate88: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2012
Publicity
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by freedizzle1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
Who started this whole dissing thing. Makinwa should mind her radio biz joorh. If she's tired of her job,let her come see me or call 08030427557
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by enomakos(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
nonsense
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by psalm201: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
media war
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by dabrake(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
This is the 2nd time I'ld hear of any toke makinwa. The 1st also being on this forum
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by knash1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
Childish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Childish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Childish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by moremi2008(m): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2012
Toke the pros.titute! Why do ladies with the most skeletons in their closet like to pick fight the most? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2012
CHESSBOARD: mtscheeew This rubbish in front page, but when I post something very serious and useful it will die a natural death on the section. fake Moderators!!!

My broda no be only you. Something educative and informative and awakening that they will never post but never seize to amaze me with several junks...Just imagine above thread on d front page!

Something faker than u sed!
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by solomon111(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
What makes linda ikeja a role model?
No wonder,the Nigerian people are screwed up.
Totally wrong values.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by FILEBE(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2012
Omo na wa o. Who is Linda Ikeji? Who is Toke Makinwa? Why d fights? Linda Ikeji,an active blogger. Tope Makinwa,an active "on air personality". I think both of dem conspired to fake a fight abi na quarel so as to get more fame which wil help their jobs abi na occupation.
* jst my own thinkin o*

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by shizzle11(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2012
BlueBarbie: Linda Ikeji is a role model, anytime anyday.. If she chooses to write her whole life experience on her blog,it shldnt be anybody's biz. Its her life,her blog. And her fans love her for that.

This Toke girl is just looking for 5mins of fame? Eeerm wat radio station does she work with? Like seriously? Whos Toke Makinwa?
You're on spot. She's just looking for relevance. She's just being Jealous of linda. Nonsense! mtcheeeew
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
27naira: We're getting there! grin

Nicki Minaj Vs Lil'Kim.

Nicki: Lil'kim ain't no role model, she shows her [b]t[/b]its to the world
Lil'K: Who da [b]f[/b]uck is [b]t[/b]alking? can't believe barbie got a voice after all.

Oya, linda your turn! cheesy
kikikikikiki *wiked laff*
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by moHot(f): 12:37pm On May 01, 2012
***not interested***
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by debomb: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
I don't know who Toke is. But I can confidently tell you that Linda was a girl who respected herself back in UNILAG! She was a fighter a determined young woman who never did the so called " Aristo Runs" then. She had privately told me before ( we were all struggling models)as we sat in the back of my friends car she said.. "I want to make it in Nigeria, I want to be famous. I want to be a role model to others". Looking back, am smiling knowing her dreams came true.Am not saying Toke is any less of a chic or a role model...just stating what I know about Linda.
Thanks,
Re: Toke Makinwa Responds To Linda Ikeji. - 'You Won't Get A Sob Story From Me' by suzannah: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
moremi2008: Toke the pros.titute! Why do ladies with the most skeletons in their closet like to pick fight the most? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ow do u no she z a pros.titute,were u 4mally pros.titut'g wit her....itz obvious dt dz girls r beef'g demselves.

(1) (Reply)

Naomi Campbell Is Capble Of Taking Jay Z From Beyonce / Patoranking Calls Out Nigerian Government On Twitter / Breaking News, Terry G In Coma!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.