Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay (26728 Views)

Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) / Dasuki: Are We Back To The Dark Ages? THISDAY. / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
farolee: Ibo call God chineke,yoruba call Him Olorun and Moslem call Allah,we all agree that God is ominipotent, meaning the most powerful,how come Islam are figthing for GOD? If truely ALLAHA is a living God let,let him fight for himself, abi? Can any man fight for God.Think about this
you well? Moslem be like tribe to you? I wither for you o.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Olaolufred(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
Litmus:

Uhm,maybe it's because we're not moral bankrupts who would seek to join organizations set up to maim and murder innocent people,for any reason whatsoever, least of all because of our personal misfortune; maybe because it is really a false economy to be with an employer who pays you wages to commit suicide; maybe it's because African borders are largely porous so that if you're not happy in one country,which is poor like Nigeria,you can take up your ass and move to another country like Ghana which is the Land of Milk and Honey.

My advice to all poor Africans,if you're desperate enough to make the hard decision to blow yourselves up why not take the much easier course to please leave Nigeria and make your way to Ghana. They have electricity over there. grin grin

I am a Nigerian.
Gainfully employed.
I had worked outside Nigeria also.
Home is home.
You may be influenced by your faith in understanding how sacred human souls are.
But will many of those jobless youths reason like you.
Why do South Sudan used most of Ugandan Army to fight Northern sudan in the 1990s?
They do not have the Military resources, but has money to hire.
Ugandan soldiers unofficially crosses border to fight for 100 Dollars per day.
Can you understand what it means by poverty.
You may be under a fully air-conditioned office like I do.
But do not think everyone in Nigeria is that fortunate.
Most of our youths are vulnerable to their caress that they won't think twice.
Particularly when it is hard for them to afford 70 naira Bread with 30 Naira Beans.
Can you let us view it from this angle also?

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
Disintegration is the only answer,we can't torelate each other anymore talk more of loving,Nigeria is a forced marriage that should be dissolved period.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Koolking(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
sicily4u: They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there were no DAILY TRUST for security in all COMPASS. THE NATION is in fear, weeping at her reflection on the MIRROR because she has no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of the land. NEXT from the NEWSWATCH and P.M. NEWS, she beckoned an OBSERVER to TELL MAGAZINE producers to be INDEPENDENT in their BUSINESS HALLMARK in order to change the PEOPLES DAILY lives. ...Experiences from the DAILY TIMES of NIGERIA through the PORT HARCOURT TELEGRAPH makes her a DAILY CHAMPION on a BUSINESS DAY. However they knew that she had a GUARDIAN who was also her VANGUARD. She believes in God despite the PUNCH on her faces, and as the DAILY SUN rises, so will God rise against them and make her TRIUMPH. God will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIAN(s). Ladies and Gentlemen of the press God is our TRIBUNE.

Love this sis. Thumbs-up
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by shuddyy: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
Its funny how some people deceitfully keep saying the muslims must come out and condemn this BH and their act of terrorism as if they have been deaf dumb and blind!
Everyday all moments nigerian in general and hundreds and hundreds of muslims in particular come out to condemn BH but it funny how some people will never see,hear or acknowledge that. Just yesterday after the incident
the league of muslim media practitioners came out with a public condemnation of the act yet some people will rather turn deaf hear and rather continue their silly comment abt how muslims don't condemn BH. BH is a scourge just like the ND militant.
There is absolutely nothing islamic about their acts. They are bunch of thugs involved in crimes that are basically politically motivated. People should always reason like they av trully gotten some education. Of what signficance is anyone's abuse on mohammed and the generality of muslims?
Every muslims that I know abhors BH acts of terrorism. Let's be sensible in our reactions and unite to defeat and wipe this menace from our land!
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Olaolufred(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
Or better still, do you think a jobless youth who can not afford toothpaste to brush in the morning will be sooo glad enough to say Hail Nigeria?
If that man is hired by Boko Haram at $50 (7500 Naira) per day, do you think he will not be tempted?
You and me may not, but those guys facing the sunny part of life for years, and could not see much of a change in view will decide for the money.
Let us keep running away fro th truth.
I know you can afford travelling out when the repercussion surfaced. Many won't be that lucky though.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
kody-licky:
wow. effects of thorough brainwashing
grin cheesy
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
Litmus:

Actually, getting rid of Nairaland is one of the best thing anyone could do for Nigeria. Sites like this are poisonous,they may in fact be where pre-terrorists first got courage and inkling that they may be onto a winner if they attack Nigerian people. Right now Nairaland is sowing the seeds of genuine ethnic hatred which will result in future tribal anarchy.
gbam

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Olaolufred(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
shuddyy: Its funny how some people deceitfully keep saying the muslims must come out and condemn this BH and their act of terrorism as if they have been deaf dumb and blind!
Everyday all moments nigerian in general and hundreds and hundreds of muslims in particular come out to condemn BH but it funny how some people will never see,hear or acknowledge that. Just yesterday after the incident
the league of muslim media practitioners came out with a public condemnation of the act yet some people will rather turn deaf hear and rather continue their silly comment abt how muslims don't condemn BH. BH is a scourge just like the ND militant.
There is absolutely nothing islamic about their acts. They are bunch of thugs involved in crimes that are basically politically motivated. People should always reason like they av trully gotten some education. Of what signficance is anyone's abuse on mohammed and the generality of muslims?
Every muslims that I know abhors BH acts of terrorism. Let's be sensible in our reactions and unite to defeat and wipe this menace from our land!

I am a Christian,
The challenge we have in Nigeria is that our politicians have always divided us to rule us from two major fronts;
(1) Ethnicity/Tribal front
(2) Religious front.
This has been for years, so they unconsciously conditioned our mind to thnik along that same divide on all issues.
Until we see Boko Haram as a Criminals. We will only be chasing shadows of where they come from or what do they believe.
They are Criminals like MEND.Fighting a course like MEND did, though they are different courses.
Our Government seems to be strategising towards 2015, so do not want a distraction from Boko Haram.
A minute silence is the biggest respect He has for the perishing souls.
Remenber, that Jonathan had wiped them out already from the south Korea speech.
His mouth has wiped them out by June, 2012.
Nobody must link Boko Haram with any blast that occur after June 2012.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2012
blackcypha: there is no justification for their dastardly acts of mendacity!
It MUST BE UNEQUIVOCALLY steted in clear terms that no killing of innocent nigerians must be justified for any stupid reasons whatsoever.
@sicily4u this is not time to try to be humurously satirical in your posts on a sensitive issue like this.
bros take am easy o.. Hehehehehe grin
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Gaiden k: I don't care,I was born n bred in jos,graduated from bauchi,lost my property to those animals and have seen the worst they can do,the HAUSA muslims are cowards and I neva hesitate to put em in their place when I ve the oppurtunity to,I would rather sleep on a bed with a viper than a HAUSA muslim. Pls u all should get this,in NIG its not the muslims vs the Christians,iTs the HAUSA/FULANI muslim vs every other person,I don't knw abt every other person,but am ready for the war,its better I die fightin than get burnt in my house while I slept.I ve seen things I only thought were possible in movies.
quite reasonable
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by 3kay945(m): 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
who will save this country? cos this clueless president cannot grin. i sincerely pity those christians in the north.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by sosodat: 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
shuddyy: Its funny how some people deceitfully keep saying the muslims must come out and condemn this BH and their act of terrorism as if they have been deaf dumb and blind!

How come we never hear of these your claims of condemnation from Muslims both online or in the papers....please do post a link. All there is, are implicit excuses for Boko Haram by the few muslims that bother to comment on atrocities committed in the name of their own religion.

Take here on this thread for an example, a bombing that took HUMAN LIVES (Brothers, Sisters, Wives,Husbands, Fathers and Mothers), [b]your fellow Muslims, NONE (including you) has come out to condemn Boko Haram [/b]instead giving excuses for them, trying to convince peeps that Islam is a religion of peace and attacking/ threatening anyone that doesn't agree with "the revenge with human lives lost because of an alleged insult on your prophet in 2001".

Note - Boko Haram is quite different from ND Militancy cos BK is religious and using Prophet Muhammed, the Quran, Hadiths and Islam as whole for all their attacks and demands (ALL) based on those.

Only when Imams, influential muslims and all muslims start condemning Boko Haram in strong and no uncertain terms, will this scourge go....if not, then Muslims are indirectly harboring and nurturing them with silence/excuses.

Wondering the brouhaha you all will be raising if a christian, pagan or atheist kills your relatives on the basis of their beliefs and his brothers in faith have the effrontery to attack and chastise you for saying any bad words against a part of their belief(in this case the prophet) even without any of them condemning the act.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
Tosinsure: IN THE LAND OF BOKO HARAM AND IN THE TIME OF BOMBING, THE DESTINY OF A COUNTRY LIES ON THE SHOULDER OF AN INCAPABLE MAN. HIS NAME.......................
tosinsure
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
MManuel: you well? Moslem be like tribe to you? I wither for you o.
grin grin
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2012
Olaolufred:

I am a Nigerian.
Gainfully employed.
I had worked outside Nigeria also.
Home is home.
You may be influenced by your faith in understanding how sacred human souls are.
But will many of those jobless youths reason like you.
Why do South Sudan used most of Ugandan Army to fight Northern sudan in the 1990s?
They do not have the Military resources, but has money to hire.
Ugandan soldiers unofficially crosses border to fight for 100 Dollars per day.
Can you understand what it means by poverty.
You may be under a fully air-conditioned office like I do.
But do not think everyone in Nigeria is that fortunate.
Most of our youths are vulnerable to their caress that they won't think twice.
Particularly when it is hard for them to afford 70 naira Bread with 30 Naira Beans.
Can you let us view it from this angle also?
true yarn..
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Aladinn(m): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2012
ziccoit:

Kai, see how this man allows his brain to disseminate lies.

I'm a Muslim and I must know more than you about Islam. What you put above are lies. Nobody was killed for abusing the Prophets whether Jesus, Moses, Muhammad etc.

Bring forward your reference man.
what about the blind jewish poet that launched verbal scathing attacks on the Prophet, yet was murdered in the night.
Mind you, the prophet didnt send the killer, but when the Prophet got to know about it, he didnt condemn the killer but set out words of praise for him. That was the origin of islamic terrorism. Have you ever wonder any insult on the Prophet is issue with a death sentence.
Am at work, would get the verse in the hadith out, wen i return.
You might be more muslim than i am, but i doubt if you know about the spread of islam into Europe and Africa than i.
i dont belong to any religion but am spiritual.
You dont need to defend any religion, religion should be able to defend itself.
This aggression of a thing is a middle east culture, that some over zealous guys took up.
Even Elieazar, the son of Eli, was promised the lineage of priesthood in Judaism because he killed for God. Am not against anyone practising any religion but am against bloodbath in the name of religion.
Would you question me again about the verse in the Quoran that urged muslim never to take xtians and jews as friends? Thats wat boko and other extremist follows.
And there's another part in the Quoran that urge muslims to coexist peacefuly with xtians and jew, which i believe is what you follow.
Bro, let reason together. Let us cast aside our sentiments, and we'll all know that Love of man transcends any religious ethics.
Would love to be your friend. Lets share mails and knowledge. History is there to guide us.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by benzion72(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
All killings in the name of Allah and any prophet is wrong. BH need to be checked for soundness
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by gegee(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
see all the rubbish excuse that stupid abu qaqa or dada dey give for killing peolpe-that they don't report ur side of the story -so u kill them.that they insulted that dead punk since 2001- u bomb their office. wat sort animal thinking is that. and its true muslims don't forgive.if i steal all that God requires of me is to have a change of heart and confess and i'll be 4given but wat did muhamed say about a thief; chop off his hands! wat about an adulterer; stone dem to death! rubbish !!

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by wellheads(m): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
ENZO SCIFO:

I can't remember insulting you and infact I never insulted you, the only persons I have insulted is Ziccot and that simply because he insulted me first, as per Boko haram of course when someone or group takes away your loved one< the least they should expect is insult>And as per your prophet leave that matter to be settled between him (proh moh'd), Allah and me and my God (who never fails)

Enzo Scifo: I am sorry I thought I was insulted earlier on. Accept my deep apologies for my mistakes. As for Ziccot, pls make on-line peace with him as he is your fellow nigerian brother and he too should desist from insulting people as it does not show maturity.

The loss of your loved ones is highly regrettable. There is nothing anger cannot make one do, especially loss of loved ones in instances where the deaths are avoidance. The Almighty One God that you and I serve as christians and muslims will definitely expose their cursed group and will punish them for their evil. Even the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) lived in peace with christians and Jews even after the arabian became an Islamic colony, so why on earth will a crazy group claim to want to extint christians? Please take heart my brother, and I can't even advice you to be more careful as we don't know the next place that they will strike. God will surely keep guiding us.

On my Prophet (SAW)'s issue, I surely don't have anything against you on that! Just a friendly advice. God is powerful and patient enough for all His Creatures to offend Him, and yet He forgives them or whom He pleases..He is the All-Forgiver, remember? I surely have left the matter for the four of you: Allah (SWT), Prophet Muhammad (SAW), yourself and your God (who never fails)!

Once again, sorry on the loss of your loved ones.

Ziccot: My brother, don't be angry regardless of the situation lest you lose control. Remember, the Qur'an told us to avoid anything that will lead to the insult of Almighty Allah(SWT). Also the prophet (SAW) said the strenght of a man is in his ability to control his emotions when angry. I know you are strong because you can control your emotions. If you can, please make on-line peace with Enzo Scifo so that he too can retract the statements that he made out of anger. Remember the purpose of revealing Suratul Fil (Chapter of the Elephants)! Allah is Powerful enough to guard His people and punish those who transgress against His people. So lets leave issues to Him to handle. Peace.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2012

ur comment was makin sense until u bastardize everytin by comparing boko haram with mend...

Leme remind u.. MEND made their reasons for fytin clear enough for even illitrate to understand...
1st they are fighting the government (not muslim or christians or the course of alah) and the reasons are clear enough..
1. Government mined oil in naija delta and used the money to build abuja and live naija delta with poor enviroment

2. They took away farms pollute water etc.. Yet they build companies headquaterz in abuja instead of which the naija deltan people are jobless...

3. Mend never kill innocent people and there was never a time u hear mend used sucide bomber to kill muslim / christian or beer parlour to prove their point..

Nw tell me how is boko haram compared to mend... Just gimme one example.. Boko haram was against western education.. If there is no western education will u be here writin on d internet with a piece of gadget.. They bomb churches, beer parlour, social gathering, media houses, market places etc.. How z it compared... Guy wake up o

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
Aladinn:
what about the blind jewish poet that launched verbal scathing attacks on the Prophet, yet was murdered in the night.
Mind you, the prophet didnt send the killer, but when the Prophet got to know about it, he didnt condemn the killer but set out words of praise for him. That was the origin of islamic terrorism. Have you ever wonder any insult on the Prophet is issue with a death sentence.
Am at work, would get the verse in the hadith out, wen i return.
You might be more muslim than i am, but i doubt if you know about the spread of islam into Europe and Africa than i.
i dont belong to any religion but am spiritual.
You dont need to defend any religion, religion should be able to defend itself.
This aggression of a thing is a middle east culture, that some over zealous guys took up.
Even Elieazar, the son of Eli, was promised the lineage of priesthood in Judaism because he killed for God. Am not against anyone practising any religion but am against bloodbath in the name of religion.
Would you question me again about the verse in the Quoran that urged muslim never to take xtians and jews as friends? Thats wat boko and other extremist follows.
And there's another part in the Quoran that urge muslims to coexist peacefuly with xtians and jew, which i believe is what you follow.
Bro, let reason together. Let us cast aside our sentiments, and we'll all know that Love of man transcends any religious ethics.
Would love to be your friend. Lets share mails and knowledge. History is there to guide us.

what a post.. 1000 likes
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by iykay4455(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
abhosts:

True Muslims Never Forgive or Forget. Many Muslims still refer to America as Crusaders -- A religious war waged by the Catholics mostly in the 11th, 12th and 13th Century.

another member of boko haram on nairaland
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by badesco(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
I condemn this barbaric act by the Boko Bombers and at the same time do not sympathize with the Media at all because they are the one giving this killers unnecessary publicity, may be they deserve what they get. My advise to the Media is that, they should stop giving publicity them, and in doing so the Boko activities will fizzled out naturally
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by humblebee: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
blood suckers..
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by cyril83(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
Ganys: @ENZO
Bros, take it easy, My family lost a bread winner to UN bombing in Abuja, if want to know, Her name is Rahma abdullah.
I lost a brother to Fuel subsity saga in January, I'm from Ilorin, i even chatted with Muhideen Mustapha before he left home that day to Post Office where he was killed by Police.
As a a result of this, I did not denounce my islam because of the activities of few evil, hiding under the canopy of islam to cause havoc.
Also, despite the fact that the president that removed subsidy is an acclaimed born again Christian which claimed a brother's life doesnt make me blame all christain or curse and insult Jesus for making Jonathan a President....
My Girl friend is a christian,but im a devoted Alfa, but the only thing that causes problem btw us if whenever she refuse to attend church service on sundays.
Pls, let stop the cyber hatred
no dey cook story for hia joor...wats ur real name coz I knw diz rahma abdullah u jst mentioned vry well
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by okpurukata(f): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2012
Yes there was something like catholic church then. Please go back to your history lesson and learn.

tchaik:
Is there anything like "Catholic Church" then?
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Whymee: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2012
Media plays vital and sensitive role in a community security if properly handle.

This is a bad and unjustified signal from BH to the media to put their house in order
There is always a two-side of a coin.

Publicizing all incidents is a threat to security, publicizing not all incidents is also a threat to security ( WORDS FOR THE WISE)

Erase the following terms from your publications especially on security matters.

1, unconfirmed report.....
2, at the time of this report certain clarification.....
3, from unreliable source....
4, according to eye witness.....
5, people say.....
6, report gathered so far.....
7, passer by account....

I hereby conderm the action.

May the soul of those affected REST IN PEACE.
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by cyril83(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
bakila:
Biggest idoit of the year display his wantafoolary. With or without boko haram you will display such stupid ignorance.
wia have u been?..am 100perce sure dat ur jst login to nairaland,instead of u takin ur time to go tru all di convo u jst jumped nd uttered a vry useless words...tell me wats di meanin of ur contribution nw,u only want to abuse intellectuals wit ur dictionary forsaken grammar...nawa for u oh
Re: Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay by Bolarge1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
I THINK THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.

HOW CAN YOU BE WASTING YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS THAT YOU ARE FIGHTING A COURSE WHO WILL NOW LIVE TO ENJOY YOUR FIGHT.

ARE U SURE THESE PEOPLE NOT THOSE BAD PEOPLE THAT RAN OUT OF SYCATHRIC HOSPITALS?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jim Nwobodo Dumps PDP For APC / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Under Pressure After Leak - Newsweek International / 252 Aides Resign From Tambuwal’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.