Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

The Atheist's 10 Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheist's 10 Commandments (1281 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2012
Penn Jillete's 10 Atheist Commandments

1. The highest ideals are human intelligence, creativity and love. Respect these above all.

2. Do not put things or even ideas above other human beings. (Let's scream at each other about Kindle versus iPad, solar versus nuclear, Republican versus Libertarian, Garth Brooks versus Sun Ra— but when your house is on fire, I'll be there to help.)

3. Say what you mean, even when talking to yourself. (What used to be an oath to (G)od is now quite simply respecting yourself.)

4. Put aside some time to rest and think. (If you're religious, that might be the Sabbath; if you're a Vegas magician, that'll be the day with the lowest grosses.)

5. Be there for your family. Love your parents, your partner, and your children. (Love is deeper than honor, and parents matter, but so do spouse and children.)

6. Respect and protect all human life. (Many believe that "Thou shalt not kill" only refers to people in the same tribe. I say it's all human life.)

7. Keep your promises. (If you can't be sexually exclusive to your spouse, don't make that deal.)

8. Don't steal. (This includes magic tricks and jokes — you know who you are!)

9. Don't lie. (You know, unless you're doing magic tricks and it's part of your job. Does that make it OK for politicians, too?)

10. Don't waste too much time wishing, hoping, and being envious; it'll make you bug nutty.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-10-28/penn-jillette-ten-commandments/50978982/1

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
Another Version:

(1) Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you.

(2) In all things, strive to cause no harm.

(3) Treat your fellow human beings, your fellow living things, and the world in general with love, honesty, faithfulness and respect.

(4) Do not overlook evil or shrink from administering justice, but always be ready to forgive wrongdoing freely admitted and honestly regretted.

(5) Live life with a sense of joy and wonder.

(6) Always seek to be learning something new.

(7) Test all things; always check your ideas against the facts, and be ready to discard even a cherished belief if it does not conform to them.

( cool Never seek to censor or cut yourself off from dissent; always respect the right of others to disagree with you.

(9) Form independent opinions on the basis of your own reason and experience; do not allow yourself to be led blindly by others.

(10) Question everything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/2010/02/the_atheist_10_commandments.html
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by buzugee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
thats an oxymoron if i ever saw one. how can atheists have commandments when the premise of your life is unbridled unaccountable hedonistic debauchery ? see i done told you mkmyers45 to leave those cheap drugs alone angry
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
buzugee: thats an oxymoron if i ever saw one. how can atheists have commandments when the premise of your life is unbridled unaccountable hedonistic debauchery ? see i done told you mkmyers45 to leave those cheap drugs alone angry
You be winch ni? I go slap you oo..#Cheap Stout at work
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Ptolomeus(m): 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
10. Christian Commandments
1. The Bible is always right
2. The pastor is always right.
3. The pastor and the Bible always right
4. Do not exist pastors pedophiles
5. Pays his tithe but not you feed
6. Do not have sex, masturbate hidden and then pray.
7. If you have an erection seeing a woman, that woman is possessed by Satan.
8. Only Christians are good, others are Satanic.
9. Christians are never wrong, it is Satan that harms
10.Todo good that happens is thank God and Pastor, everything bad is the fault of Satan.
Aleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuia
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Callotti: 4:21am On Apr 28, 2012
7. Keep your promises. (If you can't be sexually exclusive to your spouse, don't make that deal.)

My greatest AMENDment. Keep your spouse, BUT BY GOD. . .DO NOT FORSAKE THE UNFORSAKABLES! kiss

Abeg way dat my out-of-state-boyfriend. Thank God I have perfected the skillfull art of phocking more than 2 men in one day. 4 rounds each at least! cool

Dang! It is gonna be a busy week!Time to shave congo make customers see and smell wetin dem wan chop jare.

Wetin consain me with 'FIDELITY' bank? Na 'CHASE' I go retire with o! Gba be! cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Callotti: 4:35am On Apr 28, 2012
6) Always seek to be learning something new.

This I love. kiss

My educational curriculum for the next 2 years na die!

My retirement party go helele I swear.

Welcome to 'Chief Dr Mrs'!!!! cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:30am On Apr 28, 2012
Callotti:

This I love. kiss

My educational curriculum for the next 2 years na die!

My retirement party go helele I swear.

Welcome to 'Chief Dr Mrs'!!!! cool
Chief Dr Mrs? Thats cool and i will love to attend the owambe cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:34am On Apr 28, 2012
Callotti:

My greatest AMENDment. Keep your spouse, BUT BY GOD. . .DO NOT FORSAKE THE UNFORSAKABLES! kiss

Abeg way dat my out-of-state-boyfriend. Thank God I have perfected the skillfull art of phocking more than 2 men in one day. 4 rounds each at least! cool

Dang! It is gonna be a busy week!Time to shave congo make customers see and smell wetin dem wan chop jare.

Wetin consain me with 'FIDELITY' bank? Na 'CHASE' I go retire with o! Gba be! cool
Hmmm.....NL winch slappers are watching o
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Callotti: 5:26am On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Chief Dr Mrs? Thats cool and i will love to attend the owambe cool

You trust ke! wink
NL will implode with pictures.
You know humility is only a Christian virtue.
My religion only commands me to "pepper" my h-enemies RELENTLESSLY! cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Callotti: 5:29am On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Hmmm.....NL winch slappers are watching o

Make dem try slap na, make dem fingers turn to "Sodom" Salt!
Abi dem no know dem mates again? Who born dem?
Shiooooooor! cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2012
Callotti:

Make dem try slap na, make dem fingers turn to "Sodom" Salt!
Abi dem no know dem mates again? Who born dem?
Shiooooooor! cool
Mu che che che grin grin
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Ayomivic(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Another Version:

(3) Treat your fellow human beings, your fellow living things, and the world in general with love, honesty, faithfulness and respect.

(4) Do not overlook evil or shrink from administering justice, but always be ready to forgive wrongdoing freely admitted and honestly regretted.

(7) Test all things; always check your ideas against the facts, and be ready to discard even a cherished belief if it does not conform to them.

( cool Never seek to censor or cut yourself off from dissent; always respect the right of others to disagree with you.

(9) Form independent opinions on the basis of your own reason and experience; do not allow yourself to be led blindly by others.

Any punishment for going against these commandment of your god?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Another Version:

no wonder some say atheism is a religion.

This' one kinda dogma/doctrine u keep to daily in order to be an effective atheist
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2012
Ayomivic:
Any punishment for going against these commandment of your god?
What part of atheism/agnosticsm don't you understand? Which God r u talking about?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: no wonder some say atheism is a religion.

This' one kinda dogma/doctrine u keep to daily in order to be an effective atheist
Its like a response to the xtain commandments and it has nothing to do with atheistic and agnostic concepts...
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Its like a response to the xtain commandments and it has nothing to do with atheistic and agnostic concepts...
u guys are very funny and when u are caught, u quickly twist the whole thing around.

Simple question, do u keep at least two of those commandments are practise them on a daily basis?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 5:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: u guys are very funny and when u are caught, u quickly twist the whole thing around.

Simple question, do u keep at least two of those commandments are practise them on a daily basis?
Daily moral living is set on an individual's choices..clearly has nothing to do with the above list but has everything with living a morally right life...
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Daily moral living is set on an individual's choices..clearly has nothing to do with the above list but has everything with living a morally right life...

what does that mean? What "moral" codes do atheists abide by and why?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Daily moral living is set on an individual's choices..clearly has nothing to do with the above list but has everything with living a morally right life...
seems as if u are new here. I'm telling u your tactics wouldnt work by trying to run away from the issue.

do u abide by atleast 2 of those commandments u posted on this thread as an atheist?

If its a christian that said 'daily moral living is set on individual's choices' u'll make an issue out of it
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
With or without religion, there would be good and evil; evil atheists, good atheists, evil Christians, good Christians, evil Muslims, good Muslims....

A moral code is in-built in every man. It's called a conscience... I'm not an atheist btw..
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
davidylan:

what does that mean? What "moral" codes do atheists abide by and why?
Not everyone is same..i am NOT an atheist but humans barring religious and political choices are bound by common sense which borders on doing right and ''obeying one's conscience''...
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2012
musKeeto: With or without religion, there would be good and evil; evil atheists, good atheists, evil Christians, good Christians, evil Muslims, good Muslims....

A moral code is in-built in every man. It's called a conscience... I'm not an atheist btw..
alright.

I actually thought u are one of those atheists that prefers to mock christians and christianity.

I must agree with u on conscience. whether u believe in God or otherwise, ur conscience must always prick u to do the right thing. though many of us arent judged by our conscience hence we prefer to do evil.

Take a look at the Boko haram muslims, who quote the quran and pray for God's guidiance as they are about to kill God's pple that did them no wrong
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: seems as if u are new here. I'm telling u your tactics wouldnt work by trying to run away from the issue.

do u abide by atleast 2 of those commandments u posted on this thread as an atheist?

If its a christian that said 'daily moral living is set on individual's choices' u'll make an issue out of it
I am NOT an atheist....i abide by the law and more so yes if properly i may be abiding with as many as laws in the OP but moral living is also set on individual choices that are clearly affected by enviromental and physchological factors...
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2012
musKeeto: With or without religion, there would be good and evil; evil atheists, good atheists, evil Christians, good Christians, evil Muslims, good Muslims....

I quite agree with you..are you an agnostic?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
toba: alright.

I actually thought u are one of those atheists that prefers to mock christians and christianity.

I must agree with u on conscience. whether u believe in God or otherwise, ur conscience must always prick u to do the right thing. though many of us arent judged by our conscience hence we prefer to do evil.

Take a look at the Boko haram muslims, who quote the quran and pray for God's guidiance as they are about to kill God's pple that did them no wrong
Actually they are permitted to do so arent they?
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
mkmyers45: I quite agree with you..are you an agnostic?
Yeah. I am. New to this anyway.. became one some months back... used to be a Christian..
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by mkmyers45(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
musKeeto:
Yeah. I am. New to this anyway.. became one some months back... used to be a Christian..
Ok...I like your signature...
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by Callotti: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase! cool
Re: The Atheist's 10 Commandments by tpia5: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto:

Clap for yourself.

Nothing seems to help your iq however.

(1) (Reply)

Quranic Contradictions (Part 1) / I Received The Power From GOD to solve all your problems / Following GOD Sheepishly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.