Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State (2912 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? / Prof. Niyi Osundare On Religion And Politics In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by hunso: 3:25am On Apr 28, 2012
Ethnicity, religion, and the future of Lagos State
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by bestads(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2012
we the moslems of Lagos state origin must continue to dominate in all aspects Insha Allah

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Sabit Ikufuruji(speaker of hse of reps) is a moslem

90 % of the commissioners are moslems

80% of the LGA chairmen are Moslems

90% of the Obas and traditional chiefs are Moslems

90% of the agberos and area boys are Moslems.

Insha Allah the next Governor after BRF is going to be a moslem because over 80% of the indigenes of Lagos state are moslems.

Praise be to Allah
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by aljharem(m): 7:39am On Apr 28, 2012
bestads: we the moslems of Lagos state origin must continue to dominate in all aspects Insha Allah

check out the list

Fashola---Moslem

Tinubu----Moslem

Sabit Ikufuruji(speaker of hse of reps) is a moslem

90 % of the commissioners are moslems

80% of the LGA chairmen are Moslems

90% of the Obas and traditional chiefs are Moslems

90% of the agberos and area boys are Moslems.

Insha Allah the next Governor after BRF is going to be a moslem because over 80% of the indigenes of Lagos state are moslems.

Praise be to Allah

You are not a Muslims either are you a lagosian so STFU

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by aljharem(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2012
bestads:

you fool how many times have xtians bobmed your bloody mosques and killed imams in Nigeria,45 xtians were killed by your bastard islamic sect brothers on xmas day,why are they not bombing your dirty mosques

https://www.nairaland.com/894537/boko-haram-kills-10-burnt/1#10409953

What an iddeiot angry angry
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by aljharem(m): 7:43am On Apr 28, 2012
bestads:

Why is it that all these heads of agboro(NURTW) in Ibadan are moslems, Lateef,Mukaila,Lamidi, Why can't the xtians be violent as well
https://www.nairaland.com/694624/police-place-bounty-oyo-drivers/1#8584783
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by bestads(m): 7:54am On Apr 28, 2012
Whe i realised and discovered that ISLAM is a religion of PEACE so i became a moslem, i will ask the admin to delete my former threads against islam
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by naptu2: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2012
bestads: When i realised and discovered that ISLAM is a religion of PEACE so i became a moslem, i will ask the admin to delete my former threads against islam

grin grin grin
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by Ufeolorun(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2012
bestads: Whe i realised and discovered that ISLAM is a religion of PEACE so i became a moslem, i will ask the admin to delete my former threads against islam
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Can I call you a bastard?
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by Wily2wily: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2012
I am praying, Aworis would be the next governor of Lagos,
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by Afam4eva(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2012
The first two posters are one and the same person.
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by antartica(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2012
All that interest most of u murderfuckers are primitive and backward talks. Nobody seems to visualize into the future rationally and positively.

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2012
OP sure has gone kukus, how can you blame him? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by hunso: 5:33am On Jun 30, 2012
so in what way has ethnicity and religion affected you in lagos.make ur contributns to this noble write up
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by Uche2006: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2012
there are more christian than muslim in lagos. most yoruba are christain.. christain came before islam. it is just pocket of yorubas that are muslim. kwara has alot of muslim. apart from kwara. the rest state christain are the majority.. the reason why islam did not spreed was because yoruba use to worship idol. most ijebus are christain. most egba and egbado too. most people from osun state are christain too. same for ondo, ekiti and oyo state.. in oyo state it is mostly around ibadan that you find muslim.. the yorubas in edo state are christain.
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by kettykin: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2012
Lagos biggest problems are environmental and not religous, the wreck mother Nature will visit on Lagos will be 10 times more than all religous forces can muster on Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by DuduNegro: 6:47am On Jul 01, 2012
Wily2wily: I am praying, Aworis would be the next governor of Lagos,

. . . ode, what do you think Fashola is? Where do you think the FA in his last name come from?
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by DuduNegro: 6:53am On Jul 01, 2012
Uche2006: there are more christian than muslim in lagos. most yoruba are christain.. christain came before islam. it is just pocket of yorubas that are muslim. kwara has alot of muslim. apart from kwara. the rest state christain are the majority.. the reason why islam did not spreed was because yoruba use to worship idol. most ijebus are christain. most egba and egbado too. most people from osun state are christain too. same for ondo, ekiti and oyo state.. in oyo state it is mostly around ibadan that you find muslim.. the yorubas in edo state are christain.

. . . .in fact, at the rate the new mega churches and evangelicals in Yorubaland are growing, the trend will continue into future with most Yorubas claiming christianity. But even then, the Yorubas will still remain a model for religious tolerance and the Fulanis and Igbos will do best to emulate their example.
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by HammedSodiqq: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2012
We yearn for social and infrastructural development, technological advancement, political stability etc, yet we give primacy to our religion and ethnic groups in the discharge of our duty. The sooner we realize that what binds us together as a nation is far greater, and rise above the temptation to commit crime under The guise of religion, the better. We can get to our desired destination only if we live peacefully as one. Let's unite, for a better Nigeria.
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by diamondcrownltd(f): 7:54pm On May 12, 2013
Uche2006: there are more christian than muslim in lagos. most yoruba are christain.. christain came before islam. it is just pocket of yorubas that are muslim. kwara has alot of muslim. apart from kwara. the rest state christain are the majority.. the reason why islam did not spreed was because yoruba use to worship idol. most ijebus are christain. most egba and egbado too. most people from osun state are christain too. same for ondo, ekiti and oyo state.. in oyo state it is mostly around ibadan that you find muslim.. the yorubas in edo state are christain.

i dont believe your data, they are not correct
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by tintingz(m): 8:24pm On May 12, 2013
F9! Wrong

wetin this omo ibo dey post?

I am ijebu by origin, majority of ijebus are not christians.
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by naptu2: 8:26pm On May 12, 2013
tintingz: F9! Wrong

Uche2006 = Becomerich = Musiwa
Re: Ethnicity, Religion, And The Future Of Lagos State by confusion247(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

. . . .in fact, at the rate the new mega churches and evangelicals in Yorubaland are growing, the trend will continue into future with most Yorubas claiming christianity. But even then, the Yorubas will still remain a model for religious tolerance and the Fulanis and Igbos Hausas will do best to emulate their example.
Please count Igbos out when it comes to religious violence.

(1) (Reply)

Did The British Rulers Leave Too Early??? / National Dialogue/Conference (Nairaland Committee) -Matters Arising / Breaking: PDP Wins Delta By-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.