Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors (14494 Views)

Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Old Mama Who Donated N1m To Buhari, Pictured With Tinubu, Atiku And Buhari / Fashola, Akiolu Accredited, Urge Voters To Conduct Themselves Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by LocalChamp: 2:09am On Apr 30, 2012
Jonathan consults with Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu
On April 30, 2012 · In News 1:01 amEmail0

BY DAPO AKINREFON
LAGOS — President Goodluck Jonathan, weekend, met with national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu behind closed doors.

The meeting in State House, Marina, Lagos took place as President Jonathan returned from Ivory Coast where he joined other regional leaders for an emergency summit of the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS.

Jonathan consults with Tinubu

The Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has, however, dismissed any political benefit for Jonathan from associating with Tinubu, describing the former Lagos State Governor as more of a liability than an asset for the President’s political calculations.

A reliable source told Vanguard that besides Tinubu, others at the meeting were Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State; the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Dimeji Bankole.

The meeting followed increasing talks on the President’s future which has seen a number of his associates advocating a second term for Jonathan who first stepped into office in 2010 to complete the four-year tenure of his former boss, late President Umaru Yar‘Adua.

Weekend’s meeting aroused interest in political circles following speculations that Asiwaju Tinubu, just like Jonathan, could also be contesting the next presidential election in 2015.

Lagos PDP reacts

Reacting to the meeting, the Lagos State PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr Taofik Gani, said even while he was not in a position to confirm the motive behind the meeting, he nevertheless affirmed that the party in the state would not be deterred in its resolve to claim the state come 2015.

Gani said: “PDP is not a party of vendetta as far as we are concerned. I am not in a position to confirm the motive behind the meeting, but I know that there are other national pressing issues. For instance, the issue of Boko Haram warrants everybody to join hands to fight. I remember recently that the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu said something on that and so the President must have come to meet him to see whether he has any position on that.”

While appealing to the president to tread with caution, he said: “It is a risky position if the president has come to see Tinubu regarding 2015. The President may have met a liability rather than an asset in the forthcoming election. The truth is that the Lagos PDP is better positioned that we do not need anybody outside the party to win elections.

“However, the Lagos PDP expects that whatever lobbying any member of the party is involved in will not override the interest of the party. In Lagos PDP, it is our interest to claim Lagos State from ACN and so, we will not compromise and jeopardize that interest.”

It would be recalled that the president had, recently, told an Abuja High Court that the provisions of the 1999 constitution pertaining to his chances to contest the 2015 election were clear.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/jonathan-consults-with-tinubu-fashola-akiolu/
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by belovedaja(m): 7:31am On Apr 30, 2012
The meeting was a closed door and yet they say it in connection to 2015 election. How did you know. Everything in nigeria is politicised.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by 9icest: 7:51am On Apr 30, 2012
If GEJ wants to fix the Bokoharam thing, I dont think he would need Tinubu, BRF, and Oba Akiolu's expertise.
Anyways, BK has shown GEJ is not fit to lead a local govt. I cant wait until 2015, whoever cuts a deal with GEJ would be committing a political suicide, because I see further annihilation of anything called PDP

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nedu31(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2012
what is Bank*ole doing in that closed door meeting?
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 30, 2012
GEJ decided to meet his daddy Tinubu grin... meaning berra fins would soon begin... But what is Bank"Ole" doing dere.... now am skeptical bout dis angry
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by emmatok(m): 9:40am On Apr 30, 2012
LocalChamp: Jonathan consults with Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu
On April 30, 2012 · In News 1:01 amEmail0

BY DAPO AKINREFON
LAGOS — President Goodluck Jonathan, weekend, met with national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu behind closed doors.

The meeting in State House, Marina, Lagos took place as President Jonathan returned from Ivory Coast where he joined other regional leaders for an emergency summit of the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS.

Jonathan consults with Tinubu

The Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has, however, dismissed any political benefit for Jonathan from associating with Tinubu, describing the former Lagos State Governor as more of a liability than an asset for the President’s political calculations.

A reliable source told Vanguard that besides Tinubu, others at the meeting were Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State; the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Dimeji Bankole.

The meeting followed increasing talks on the President’s future which has seen a number of his associates advocating a second term for Jonathan who first stepped into office in 2010 to complete the four-year tenure of his former boss, late President Umaru Yar‘Adua.

Weekend’s meeting aroused interest in political circles following speculations that Asiwaju Tinubu, just like Jonathan, could also be contesting the next presidential election in 2015.

Lagos PDP reacts

Reacting to the meeting, the Lagos State PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr Taofik Gani, said even while he was not in a position to confirm the motive behind the meeting, he nevertheless affirmed that the party in the state would not be deterred in its resolve to claim the state come 2015.

Gani said: “PDP is not a party of vendetta as far as we are concerned. I am not in a position to confirm the motive behind the meeting, but I know that there are other national pressing issues. For instance, the issue of Boko Haram warrants everybody to join hands to fight. I remember recently that the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu said something on that and so the President must have come to meet him to see whether he has any position on that.”

While appealing to the president to tread with caution, he said: “It is a risky position if the president has come to see Tinubu regarding 2015. The President may have met a liability rather than an asset in the forthcoming election. The truth is that the Lagos PDP is better positioned that we do not need anybody outside the party to win elections.

“However, the Lagos PDP expects that whatever lobbying any member of the party is involved in will not override the interest of the party. In Lagos PDP, it is our interest to claim Lagos State from ACN and so, we will not compromise and jeopardize that interest.”

It would be recalled that the president had, recently, told an Abuja High Court that the provisions of the 1999 constitution pertaining to his chances to contest the 2015 election were clear.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/jonathan-consults-with-tinubu-fashola-akiolu/

HA HA,

PDP is Angry .

GEJ no send dem PDP.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by aljharem(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2012
wahala dey, maybe the boastful people that claim that non-indigenes in the SW voted for GEJ can do it again. Bunch of hypocrites. It is a fact that unless GEJ transform this country by either stopping BH, arrest the economic team aka cabals or constant electricity he should forget SW votes.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by AiyeKootoHIM: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2012
Well, knowing the idiot that GEJ is, he might just be looking for a platform outside pdp, on which to contest the election. If Tinubu avails him the ACN, then he would really have become the JAGABAN BOFOON.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Vigilante: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Where is that man that used to post Poo about Tinubu being wanted in the US? Guess his beloved GEJ needs Tinubu more.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Gej is a nice person in a wrong party

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by aljharem(m): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2012
H$LBroker:

and also surrounded by the wrong set of people

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by AiyeKootoHIM: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2012
H$LBroker:
. You deceive yourself. Everybody hates Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by aljharem(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2012
BTW let me make thing clear, TIUNBU IS NOT A DETERMINATE OF THE VOTES IN THE SW. Tinubu holds nothing in the SW thus he cannot deliver anyone, I mean anyone votes.

MR PRESIDENT, make the country better, [b]vindicate yourself [/b]and the masses would vote for you. Don't think you can just sweet talk one tinubu or pay him to deliver SW because it is not going to happen.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by aljharem(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Aiyé Kòótó HIM: . You deceive yourself. Everybody hates Jonathan.

Not everyone and certainly not likes of me.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by emmatok(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Vigilante: Where is that man that used to post Poo about Tinubu being wanted in the US? Guess his beloved GEJ needs Tinubu more.

BEAF has been AWOL for sometime.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Dipwater(m): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2012
Maybe it has to do with breaking up this shyte called naijiria
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by 999666: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2012
emmatok:

...after his show of shame on the Ilaje thread
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by kokoA(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2012
I see GEJ decamping to ACN very soon grin
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by werepeLeri: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2012
Aiyé Kòótó HIM: Well, knowing the idiot that GEJ is, he might just be looking for a platform outside pdp, on which to contest the election. If Tinubu avails him the ACN, then he would really have become the JAGABAN BOFOON.

Daft comment. GEJ wants to contest under ACN. Very warped thinking.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by hikmoj(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Hmmmm! I like 9ja comedy!
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 30, 2012
GEJ meeting with SW leaders might be stop all these SNG protest......since its all coming from lagos.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by ndidibabe(f): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Nedu31: what is Bank*ole doing in that closed door meeting?
Where else will he be other than a place where thieves meet?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by malc619(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2012
emmatok:

Beaf has been fired!!!!!
Thanks to Gbawe and Co.
GEJ has offered Beaf's job to Gbawe but he is still considering whether or not to accept the offer.
Right now Beaf is trying to secure an appointmentment with MEND as the Publicity Secretary.
Let us pray he gets this job so he doesnt resort to Kidnapping or other criminal activities to enable him feed his wife and 2 kids
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2012
alj harem: BTW let me make thing clear, TIUNBU IS NOT A DETERMINATE OF THE VOTES IN THE SW. Tinubu holds nothing in the SW thus he cannot deliver anyone, I mean anyone votes.

MR PRESIDENT, make the country better, [b]vindicate yourself [/b]and the masses would vote for you. Don't think you can just sweet talk one tinubu or pay him to deliver SW because it is not going to happen.

Tinubu could sell him Lagos votes though.
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Funkymallam(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2012
Nigerians are being played!

Same same as my chinese frnd would say. sad
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 30, 2012
saxywale:

Tinubu could sell him Lagos votes though.

So Tinubu is set to become jonathan personal saviour now ? Why did he call them SW rascals that year or it seems bode Tewonde George and obanikoro couldnt deliver yoruba votes for the shoeless president ?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by sadyeek(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2012
why does this guy always like to meet with the wrong people?
no wonder this country is not moving anywhere, surround your self with wrong set of people and meet thieves for advice or whatever he is looking for from them.
and here somebody says they like him, well i cant blame you, probably you have the same thinking faculty with him.
alj harem:

but if he makes the mistake of seeking another term, hes truly clueless..
with all the trouble he has to face, that should be the last thing on his mind. and lets not forget he promised to do only one tenure.

how can me move forward, when our leaders are lairs and chew on their words.

SMH
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by sadyeek(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2012
[size=18pt]why does this guy always like to meet with the wrong people?
no wonder this country is not moving anywhere, surround your self with wrong set of people and meet thieves for advice or whatever he is looking for from them.
and here somebody says they like him, well i cant blame you, probably you have the same thinking faculty with him.
alj harem:

but if he makes the mistake of seeking another term, hes truly clueless..
with all the trouble he has to face, that should be the last thing on his mind. and lets not forget he promised to do only one tenure.

how can me move forward, when our leaders are lairs and chew on their words.

SMH
[/size]
Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by PapaBrowne(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2012
Only fools would assume that in 2012 Jonathan would be meeting Tinubu and Fashola over 2015 elections. This is a ridiculous report.

This meeting if anything is about the present security state of the nation. Some major shake-ups are about to happen. Top shots9Boko Haram sponsors) are about to be taken care of and before you make such a move, you consult key allies(Yes, Tinubu is a key ally) to avoid a politicized backlash!
For those that can't read the signs. . . . you think Azazi's statement was for nothing?? Or you think Jonathan was not in on that statement??

The country is about to experience some major shake up!! I expect Boko Haram would intensify their campaigns knowing that their days are numbered.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by Delafruita(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2012
@alj harem
whether you like it or not,tinubu is the most powerful force in southwest politics and has the ability to deliver southwest votes.tinubu built the ACN out of the rubbles of the AD and the party has grown to become the major opposition in the country.the man deserves some credit

1 Like

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by hakanai(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2012
belovedaja: The meeting was a closed door and yet they say it in connection to 2015 election. How did you know. Everything in nigeria is politicised.

The same thing when some Northern folks meet,you hear the closed door meetings were meant to unseat GEJ or for power.You begin to wonder.Sometimes after the meetings the persons invited will refuse to comment or suggest a theme for the gathering.yet the caption will read politics all over.Trust Nigerian media.From lying to politicizing issues for monetary gains.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Consults With Tinubu, Fashola, Akiolu Behind Closed Doors by hakanai(m): 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
Well this is my joke about things,
GEJ:Tinubu,we had an agreement and right now CPC is quiet after much dirt thrown to discredit them.You and that Lai keep crushing my ballz.What is it?
ACN:You need to understand that we can't keep things right, without acting opposing always.The SW wants to see us talk.Its politics!
GEJ:I understand,but you make me feel and look bad across the nation!I want a new agreement,else you get the CPC treatment!
ACN:We have rights and the subsidy protest has proved that power is not yours only and money will not buy everything for you.
GEJ:Don't forget Osun state is an example of things to come.We can make SW ungovernable for you folks.We own the FGN and you own only the SW,which we willingly gave to avoid being a one party state.We expect you to play your role in the script else we get a new actor in the SW.Not necessary PDP but maybe revive AD for instance.That should keep you silent.
ACN:Well we need to think about it.But we most remain relevant by bashing you always so get use to it!
GEJ:Like i said don't make me look bad.I was mute about it before now.But with the visions coming to me about running for a second term,i need my image more than anything now.Don't worry about BH.They will be under control by June!I am on top of it.This things happen.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode George Denies Collecting N100m From Yuguda / The #AmaechiTapes And The Low Budget Lai Mohammed Called Tolu Ogunlesi - Reno / BREAKING: PDP Crusade Vehicles Set On Fire In Enugu (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.