Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m (19435 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Lexusgs430: 6:05am On May 01, 2012
1.5 million is not a lot of money, in the sense that one false start could wipe out all you have saved. You need to decide what you have a passion for !!!
Take a break, work out your present financial expenditure and cut out all unnecessary expenses.
Once you have discovered what you have a passion for, conduct a feasibility study to examine what the minimum cost of entry is and barriers.
Think both negatively and positively, this would prepare you and guide your thinking process.
When you have finally decided what you want to do, I wish you all the best in all your undertakings.
NB : Look @ your present jobless state, as a beginning of better things ahead!!!
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Nobody: 6:33am On May 01, 2012
purefella: You can sponsor a good movie with N1m and look for a good marketer --money flows in , coz that's what am into for now i have sponsored 2 movies i won't mention on here and it earned me double the cash , How it's done .,apart from the profit from the movie you sponsored young people that wants to become stars will always be disturbing your phone for you to put them in your next movie and obtaining them by trick to collect forms and registration plus some other tricks always working for me will turn you to a millionaire the negative about the business is that the fun inside it too much ooo ,if you are not self determined or you are a lose man, too many clean sexy gals won't let your wife enjoy you anymore and you can contact diseases if you don't like CONDOM

Please Purefella, how does one go about sponsoring a movie?
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Arysexy(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2012
@ OP i was once a banker with intercontinental bank plc, just spent a year as an ET and was affected by sanusi tsunami. i thank God i was thrown out on time cos i dont know wot wuld av happend by now if i was still in the banking industry.

Based on the biz i ventured into i will advise u to start laundry biz. i started dis biz with 500k being my pay off, i had 350k savings which i used to buy naija used toyota corolla for delivery. D 500k was spent on dryer and shop rentage, while i did d washing manually. It wasnt easy to start initially but i bet u there is a gud prospect in dis biz as a marketer and an ex banker, reason being that u already av a market. my target market was my colleagues in the bank and it paid off bc must of them wia calling me to cme and take their suits for laundry out of sympathy, u being a manager even av an upper hand.

pls swallow pride and try this, u will come back and thank me. i dnt brag but i know wia i am today with 5 laundry branches in lagos, its not beans.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by lagbaja(m): 8:32am On May 01, 2012
Congratulations on your loss my Bro., You are off the rat race, lieing ahead of you is an opportunity to define your future. What you make of this opportunuty is in your hands. like someone already said, pursue you passion. That is though not sufficient to guarantee success but its agood starting point. What ever you set as your passion must have a willing market that will pay for it, otherwise its all a shadow chase. One low hanging fruit you can invest in is food business. Do it the "mama put" way. Make it classy. Apply the 4 Ps of marketing; price, place, promotion product. Do your due diligence, find d right spot, create a nice ambience, size the market, fix the right price, provide a good product mix. Promote your business. Leave an experience with your customers that will make them want to come back. Most importantly, innovate !!!!. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by mgolo(m): 9:33am On May 01, 2012
My simple advice is this:
Keep N750k in a fixed deposit not because of any interest but to avoid touching it.

1st thing. Take a week to meditate and pray for divine inspiration.This does not have to do with any religion. Calm yourself down. Let your wife stay calm.
Now during this week,be thinking of those you have marketed to,profile them. Write down what you think they may NEED in their businesses and private life.
They may be accounting related,food related(a la your wife) think widely.
These clients know you and you tell them you now render the service(s) you have picked eventually.

Now break the other N750k into essential spending money...fueling,kids,feeding support,toiletries etc for a 3mth period.....say N450.

The N300k use to start a service business and food biz with ur madam. She may cater for your old clients...she will borrow utensils,cook and make a profit.

AT THIS TIME...DO NOT RENT A PLACE PAYING RENT!
DO A BUIZ OR BUSINESSES FROM HOME.
Then with skill you have,continue marketing to add to client base.
And remember,in your planning,you maay need to sell now those non essential gadgets in the house...dstv etc
become spartan... If your car is an suv guzzling fuel...sell and buy a small 2 door toyota tokunboh.

Your first target is to ensure...you keep on asking where is the match between what Am good at and the public is STARVING for.

Please keep away from online buiz now. You may have a free website to inform about your real world buiz and your wife's

lastly,think big.open up all your senses to get the vibrations of positive leads.
Am 52...have been in buiz.
Best of luck

Now look at these strengths you have.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by loversguy(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2012
ismhab: You should go and share it to the needy.

Must u comment, if u dont know wat they talking about, u keep quiet & learn.

Rubbish
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by blackmale(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2012
why dont you face canada or yankee, with this money? think about it...
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by doublecross(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2012
@ poster: whole lot of advice for you but you have to think very very well. i agree with you idea of setting up a business but you have to put a whole lot into consideration. like: the area you reside, the capital you have etc........ if you set up a cyber cafe, you will lose because in abuja, a whole lot of people have thier own internet modem, Printer, Scanner among others at home and never need to visit a cyber cafe so get that. You just have to think well before embarking on anything if not, you will exaust your capital on nothing. The car wash stuff is a very good one in abuja but another issue is if you are competent enough as it's hard work. if you are, you can start with 2 to 3 labour and i tell you you will be on track in no time. if you are confused..........then you can meet any succesful business man/woman to carry u along be 4 u invest ur money in anything.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Lexusgs430: 10:44am On May 01, 2012
blackmale: why dont you face canada or yankee, with this money? think about it...

Just curious, to relocate or on a business venture ?
Either way, cost of flight, accomodation, visa etc In 2 months, all that money would be sunk !!!!
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by achi4u(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2012
come down to Nnewi Auto Spare Parts and join the rank of millioniers in the couple of mouths.we fix you into groupage(young importers who pull fund together to import motorcycle parts)...no much risk involve except patience.gudluk

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by NawaO1(m): 11:14am On May 01, 2012
mind7: Try Online shares. It works very well for me.

If you are interested email me willy_ox@yahoo.com

SCAMMER!!!! @ poster don mind this 419er Ooº°˚ Ooº°˚
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by mantote: 11:15am On May 01, 2012
@poster.I am a banker residing in minna Niger state.There is a business we call kankara here.it involves lending out money @10 percent to traders especially big supermarket owners that have been in the business for ages.Most of them are respected ibo men in minna with big supermarkets patronised by the big boys in minna.What we do is give them money and collect intrest of 10 percent monthly and after say 6mnths,you collect back your capital and reinvest it again if you so wish.if you give say 500k,you collect intrest of 50k monthly.the ibo man will give you his undated cheques and his guarantor's cheques as collateral and their shop is so big that it is worth more than 20m on the average.you can reach me on kingfunsy@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by bloomin: 11:36am On May 01, 2012
I will advise u use 150k and invest in networking biz, which am into and very profitable too, in just three months, u will understand why God relieved u of that job, its just to launch u to ur financial freedom. Contact me here ogepray@yahoo.com
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by tjadeba(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2012
Claracuzio: Since u claim to have marketed for a bank, u should have good hussling skills. Here is my blueprint for you.
I credit you for saving 1.5m.
Purchase a Volkswagen Sharan__750k
Register it at a national motorpark and buy 4 brand new tyres and get all the necessary papers--100k
Sub total__850k
You can ply any long distance you wish, abuja-lokoja, okene, ekiti, ibadan, Lagos, kaduna... The choice is yours
Use the profit from this to maintain ur family.
You should still have a balance of 650k
Rent a shop for ur wife and set her up to the tune of 450k
Leave the remaining balance for emmergencies. Insist that all sales from the shop go back into the business.
Aftre 1-2 yrs sell of the volkswagen you should have developed a good business mentality by then and you can start travelling to dubai/china for purchase and sales.
Swallow that pride and do somthing else that 1.5 will finish before u knoww it and nobody is willing to borrow anybody money to start any business.
Good Luck and God bless

May seem hard,degrading,but i can assure you that it is also a viable way to survive,depending on your driving skills.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by love4ual: 1:46pm On May 01, 2012
start laundry biz
car wash

or you can leave the nation asap..............
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 01, 2012
this is a world class thread i have really learnt from it alot and i am 100% sure others will do also nice one God bless you poster

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Okukk(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2012
I share with you the trauma this might cause you brother leaving your comfort zone. But you know what I encourage you to go get the book ''THANK GOD WE GOT FIRED'' it's one interesting book that will expose you to many other people who suffer similar fate, yet the bounce back and are even better off.
Haven't said that I suggest whatever business your mind tells you to do, pls start from the home first:
Laundry is a good biz
Setting up a saloon (bar bing shop is still not a bad idea
Come to think of it your years of experience should put you ahead in organizing seminar/consultancy for business owners (maybe your contact while in the bank, to start with.)
Let go inertia, make a move you will fall rise up and try again, and not long you will find your rhythm.
I wish you the best
(okukfrank@yahoo.com)
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by lovelife2: 4:01pm On May 01, 2012
!
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Ngwakwe: 5:13pm On May 01, 2012
Meritgoal: @ poster my simple advice for you is just this! * Do not put all your eggs in a basket, you can buy a concrete mixer and give it out for rentage to building contractors ,0ne should be arround #220,000-#250,000 but you need to be sure of the availability of the users. You can actually make #10,000-#15,000 on a daily bases for the agreed period with the user. And you can take your time, to think of another good way of investing the remaining money.

Please can you help me on how to procure this concrete mixer. I need it urgently. Send me the detail in my box at princengwakwe@gmail.com
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2012
There have been very good suggestions by people with good heart.
I can count on three viable business ventures which have been mentioned here and will not break the poster's back. It is now up to the 'poster' to sit down and have a clear mind on what to do.

To the person who mentioned sponsoring a movie, could you give more information about what it involves?
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Sagamite(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2012
home-bucks:
gud dayy house, I need an urgent advice. I have been relieved of my job in a bank just last week but my savings plus my entitlement sums to 1.5m. I served as a marketer for yrs. I have an ICAN cerificate. Am married with 2 kids. My wife does petty biz of baking. We live in Abuja. It came somehow as a shock but i have put it behind me. Should i start a busines? If yes i have no business idea. Pls house, advice me.

Your first most essential step is to get the fck out of Abuja except you have something critical tying you down there.

You urgently need to cut your cost so you are living lean and mean, and being in Abuja does not fit that criteria.

Move to somewhere like Abeokuta, Ibadan, Benin, Owerri, Lokoja etc (whichever best suits you). Somewhere where you can pay less than N150K a year in rent and have cheap living expenses.

This might be hard news to take but I repeat, you NEED to cut your cost of living if you have no income coming in. If you don't cut your cost, it might be something you regret when your N1.5m dwindles fast.

Then think of something:

1) You are competent in.

2) You enjoy or may enjoy.

3) There is sufficient amount of people wanting it.

4) Think of a way of improving how it is already being done by others in the industry.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by begwong: 6:36pm On May 01, 2012
web_master: Open up a Bar. You will be amazed with the amount of people that consume alcohol daily.
y not ask him if he also drinks alcohol first!
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by maigemuu: 7:46pm On May 01, 2012
Business Development Executive

A leading Non governmental Organization with Headquarter in Lagos Full-Time
Industry NGO
Specialization Consulting/Business Strategy & Planning
Minimum Qualification Degree
Required Experience 1-3 years
Application Deadline 2 weeks from now
Job Description
We are a Non governmental organization with headquarter in Lagos and regional Headquarters in Ibadan,Kano,Jos,Owerri and Portharcourt and branches across states in Nigeria. We have a challenging and inspiring mission to develop innate skills at public speaking and business consulting/planning.

Job Title: Business Analyst

Responsibilities
• Evaluate costs through the supply Chain and drive down costs
• Evaluate business performance against budget and forecasts
• Review, monitor and highlight variances, investigating exceptions and facilitating corrective action
• Plan Strategies and methodologies for the process to ensure effective implementation
• Prepare analyse and submit monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
• Play a key role in the profit reviews
• Ensure Timely submission & own accuracy of the content of all monthly, quarterly and Annual submissions of P& L
• Perform Other Assignments as may be deemed necessary
• Servicing clients from time to time on short notice
Qualification/Experience
• First Degree in any field
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit
• Analytical & Problem Solving skills
• Strong leadership and Influencing skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Must be able to handle sensitivity/confidentiality levels appropriately
• Analytical mind
• Customer focus and sense of urgency
• Ability to see macro scenarios and beyond numbers

How to Apply
Remuneration is very attractive and is commensurate with industry.Candidates should apply within 2weeks from date of posting.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.

send applications to hrrecruitmentt@yahoo.com
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by phreakabit(m): 8:30pm On May 01, 2012
Do your research about the DAILY NECESSITIES OF PEOPLE. . . . And you'd have a great business plan. Do it NOW before you start digging into the money to cater for your family's needs, that would be economical suicide.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by Jomiliny(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2012
You must be a bad person for giving this kind of advice.
Okija_juju: @ O.P

Here are a list of things you can do with 1.5 million with guatranteed return with 150%interest with a short period.

1. Play Pool

2. Baba Ijebu

3. Invest in rechagre Card

4. Lotto

For more info. . .

Contact me on Okija.juju@gmail.com
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by 2great: 11:07pm On May 01, 2012
Yep! I jst servd in a popular FMCG manf company in lagos n wot dy produce cld get u 2 ur dreamland wt wot u have. If u cld get a gud consultant like d QC mgr I servd unda if ua wilin 2 venture...Its soap manf biz. Evryone uses soap atleast 1ce daily. Iv pland 2 save enuf money wt any coy I can atach 2 for jst little time n start my biz. Anyhw u move,I wsh u d best..but pls b careful of scamers,ok! N don't do any biz dat requires u pay som1 anticipatn products,go see n buy evrytin u nid wt anyone dat ofers 2 help...abeg no dulling o!
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by zeefever: 12:57am On May 02, 2012
Just pay the money into my account. I'll double it for you in 2 weeks.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by freshmoney(m): 4:54am On May 02, 2012
Okija_juju: @ O.P

Here are a list of things you can do with 1.5 million with guatranteed return with 150%interest with a short period.

1. Play Pool

2. Baba Ijebu

3. Invest in rechagre Card

4. Lotto

For more info. . .

Contact me on Okija.juju@gmail.com

Your attempt of making a joke out of a serious issue is a failed one.

Your vicious and immature approach to matters,sometimes, is repugnant. I don't see a grown-up writing this. Someone is in a profound problem seeking a way out, all your discombobulated self had to contribute is this binning rubbish. Ask your mom to advise you better on what you are going to encounter while becoming a man; that isn't an evil wish- that's mankind norms we face day in, day out. numskull

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by adepojutop(f): 9:47am On May 02, 2012
Hello friend good to read your post,if you don't mind you cld I introoduce you to some business you can do bt surelly will require dedication and hardwork to excell.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by OAM4J: 3:04pm On May 02, 2012
love_life: @Home-bucks: please don't mind any of these so-called nairalanders, after all if a blind man shall lead the blind, then both of them shall fall into a ditch. Listen to my advice instead because ONLY ME CAN SEE THE LIGHT IN YOUR SITUATION. So, the solution to your problem is this:

Go and give all the 1.5 million naira that you have to the poor, and then come and follow me, and I'll make you a fisher of common sense!

Oh common! I don't have the balls for what I perceive to be sheer nonsense. How can somebody be smart enough to legally earn 1.5m in Nigeria by himself, and then come around to say by himself he's not smart enough to figure out how to spend it. Bullshit! If ya ain't smart enuf to handle 1.5m, then u don't deserve 2 have that money pure and simple. My God! This post of urs, as for me, is the definition of crap!

Everybody needs advice, even the most successful. No one is an island of knowledge. And its better to be safe with many good advices than to be sorry with 'I too know'. Quit your 'i know it all' mentality, you don't.
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by OAM4J: 3:06pm On May 02, 2012
adepojutop: Hello friend good to read your post,if you don't mind you cld do me a mail via adepoju_tope@yahoo.com. I will introduce you to some business you can do bt surelly will require dedication and hardwork to excell.

Why cant you share those business ideas here if the advice is free and you are only helping?
Re: I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m by kompactt: 5:31pm On May 02, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) / Dana House Assembly Plant Sacks All Their Graduate Trainee / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.