Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed (13012 Views)

Obasanjo: I Spent Two Days With Taliban Terrorists / FAYEMI Vs FAYOSE: Jubilation In Ekiti As Appeal Court Confirmed Fayose's Victory / 9 Chadian Soldiers Confirmed Dead After Fight With Boko Haram In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by dmainboss: 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
lacasa:

How. Funny, trying to manipulate †ђξ Qu3'an 4 Ʊr hate insighting purposes. ΐ am sure Ʊ n Ʊr family r part n parcel ŏƒ PDP n BH.

Is Įƭ not ΐn d same Qur'an ϑα† God made mention ŏƒ †ђξ christians, jews as †ђξ People ŏƒ †ђξ book i.e Bible aπϑ †ђξ Taurah??

Or don't you undrrstand what Unbeliever means??

Ʊ are α waste ŏƒ Human being Ʊ bloody bigot

Mtcheeeeeeu!!!

Am I missing something here? What exactly did I manipulate? I just posted it as it is. I didnt even try to explain it. Maybe you have to explain to the terrorists what Unbeliever means because they dont seem to share your view.

Did the post hit any nerve?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by opey25(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2012
kuss: Not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorists are muslims
is anders breivik also a muslim?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by dmainboss: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2012
lacasa:

Ʊ see how unintelligent n foolish Ʊ r??.

​ so​, what ΐn essence does terrorism mean??

Kaai Nigerians get problem, or is Įƭ because they r christian terrorists ∂α† Ʊ r now defennding them n what they did.

Ʊ should be shot!!

Hmmmm! The usual response of a terrorist or a bigot! When did it degenerate into shooting? Is that your natural response to disagreements? Speaks volumes!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by naptu2: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
US sees terror attack threat in Nigeria

September 7, 2007 - 8:09AM

Email

Print

Normal font

Large font

US and other Western interests in Nigeria are at risk of "terrorist attack", the US embassy in Africa's top oil producer said.

The official warning, in a message for US citizens in Nigeria, gave few details, but said potential targets included official and commercial installations in the capital Abuja and the commercial city of Lagos.

"The US Mission in Nigeria has received information that US and other Western interests in Nigeria are currently at risk for terrorist attack," the statement said.

A private security consultant said he had also received a similar warning from the US embassy which stated that the threat was seen until mid-October.

Militant attacks on multi-billion dollar Western oil facilities in the Niger Delta are common, but there has never been any large scale terrorist attack on Western targets outside the Niger Delta in the far south of the country.

Nigeria's Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe berated foreign diplomats on Wednesday over what he said were excessive concerns voiced by their countries about insecurity in the delta.

The US and other Western states had warned their citizens against travel to the lawless region, where attacks have cut a fifth of Nigeria's oil production capacity since early 2006.

Nigeria's 140 million people are roughly equally split between Christians mostly in the south and Muslims in the north.

They co-exist peacefully most of the time but thousands have died in sporadic sectarian clashes since Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999 after nearly three decades of army rule.

Analysts said the alert on Nigeria, which is the fifth largest oil supplier to the United States, could be related to the anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

"Any 'Kenya-Tanzania' type attacks in Nigeria will further exacerbate the country's risk profile and raise operating costs for Western energy companies operating there," said Sebastian Spio-Garbrah of Eurasia Group.

Washington had previously said Nigeria was a natural target for terrorists looking to expand their operations because the allure of radical Islam was attracting many Nigerians.

In 2003 al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden included Nigeria in a list of six countries he said he wanted to see liberated from enslavement to Washington.

Shortly after bin Laden's comment, a little-known group called the Nigerian Taliban launched a series of armed attacks on police stations and government buildings in the remote northeast states of Yobe and Borno in late 2003 and early 2004.

This prompted a military crackdown in which at least 20 people were killed. The Taliban, who said they wanted an Islamic state in Nigeria, have hardly been heard of since.

© 2007 Reuters, Click for Restrictions

http://www.smh.com.au/news/WORLD/US-sees-terror-attack-threat-in-Nigeria/2007/09/07/1188783452965.html
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
the timing of this story is suspect. VERY suspicious. The massacre on christians at BUK too is very suspicious as well. Its like these two events were planned to deflect attention from:

i)The statement made by the NSA labelling bh as political.

ii) The highly likely & quite obvious fact (even b4 the NSA's speech) that boko haram is political & isnt sponsored by any taliban/bin Laden/islamic bank (however silly that sounds) , but by Nigerian politicians....with Nigerian money. (the north & its sorrounding border countries e.g. Niger republic have provided d ''raw materials'' i.e. poor stupid illiterate almajiris who can easily be brainwashed into bombing themselves).

iii) The subsidy probe panel report & the actions to be taken(or avoided) thereafter.

Can any of our very well versed muslim brothers/sisters correct/analyze the many 'bloody' verses (mostly quoted out of context) an earlier poster brought out of the Qur'an, the same book that accords a lot of respect to Jesus Christ (A.S.).

And to that poster, since u are soo well versed in Quranic verses ( & i assume, islam), you can like to ask yourself why its just in d latter part of last century/early ds century that muslims started ''smiting'' and ''fighting'' xtians/unbelievers. i would appreciate if u culd xtend your research to the battles fought by the Prophet Mohammed (SAW) himself in his lifetime & tell us if any of those battles wasnt borne out of self defence or if women, children & even harmless men not on d battle field were attacked in those battles. Heck, tell us if any of those wars were against xtians!

Keep spreading your propaganda if u wish, but Islam will continue to grow, & inshaAllah, the bad eggs among us who continue to carry out evil and abominable acts in d name of islam will be made to pay for their crimes. Tho, Allah is ever willing to forgive those who truly repent.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by texazzpete(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
Find Out!:
the timing of this story is suspect. VERY suspicious. The massacre on christians at BUK too is very suspicious as well. Its like these two events were planned to deflect attention from:

i)The statement made by the NSA labelling bh as political.

ii) The highly likely & quite obvious fact (even b4 the NSA's speech) that boko haram is political & isnt sponsored by any taliban/bin Laden/islamic bank (however silly that sounds) , but by Nigerian politicians....with Nigerian money. (the north & its sorrounding border countries e.g. Niger republic have provided d ''raw materials'' i.e. poor stupid illiterate almajiris who can easily be brainwashed into bombing themselves).

iii) The subsidy probe panel report & the actions to be taken(or avoided) thereafter.

Can any of our very well versed muslim brothers/sisters correct/analyze the many 'bloody' verses (mostly quoted out of context) an earlier poster brought out of the Qur'an, the same book that accords a lot of respect to Jesus Christ (A.S.).

And to that poster, since u are soo well versed in Quranic verses ( & i assume, islam), you can like to ask yourself why its just in d latter part of last century/early ds century that muslims started ''smiting'' and ''fighting'' xtians/unbelievers. i would appreciate if u culd xtend your research to the battles fought by the Prophet Mohammed (SAW) himself in his lifetime & tell us if any of those battles wasnt borne out of self defence or if women, children & even harmless men not on d battle field were attacked in those battles. Heck, tell us if any of those wars were against xtians!

Keep spreading your propaganda if u wish, but Islam will continue to grow, & inshaAllah, the bad eggs among us who continue to carry out evil and abominable acts in d name of islam will be made to pay for their crimes. Tho, Allah is ever willing to forgive those who truly repent.

You m0r0nic half-wit! There is no 'suspect' timing here. There is renewed attention on Bin Laden's death and doing now because IT IS NOW ONE YEAR SINCE HE DIED!

Not surprised you are too brainless to see this.

Finally, if you think the massacre at BUK was 'carefully timed', what about the massacres in the madalla church bombing? What about the attacks on Christmas and Easter?

If you truly believe that Christians are to be protected as 'people of the Book', why are you and your ilk not out on the streets protesting against Boko Haram and their 'corruption of Islam'?

You folks are perfectly willing to take to the streets when some obscure artist in Denmark sketches something yet here your Islam faces a serious perception crisis and you sit here on NL, spewing silly conspiracy theories!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2012
Question: Aren't there some verses of the Quran that condone "killing the infidel"?

Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive
battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks,
then Muslims are to fight against that
army until they stop their aggression. All
of the verses that speak about fighting/
war in the Quran are in this context. There are some specific verses that are
very often "snipped" out of context, either
by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who
wish to justify their aggressive tactics. "Slay Them" - If They Attack You First For example, one verse (in its snipped
version) reads: "slay them wherever you
catch them" (Quran 2:191). But who is this
referring to? Who are "they" that this
verse discusses? The preceding and
following verses give the correct context: "Fight in the cause of God those who fight
you, but do not transgress limits; for God
loves not transgressors. And slay them
wherever you catch them, and turn them
out from where they have turned you out;
for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-
forgiving, Most Merciful... If they cease, let
there be no hostility except to those who
practice oppression" (2:190-193). It is clear from the context that these
verses are discussing a defensive war,
when a Muslim community is attacked
without reason, oppressed and prevented
from practicing their faith. In these
circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are
instructed not to transgress limits, and to
cease fighting as soon as the attacker
gives up. Even in these circumstances,
Muslim are only to fight directly against
those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants. "Fight the Pagans" - If They Break
Treaties A similar verse can be found in chapter 9,
verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of
context version could read: "fight and slay
the pagans wherever ye find them, and
seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in
wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following
verses give the context. This verse was revealed during a
historical period when the small Muslim
community had entered into treaties with
neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and
pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had
violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the
Muslim community. The verse directly
before this one instructs the Muslims to
continue to honor treaties with anyone
who has not since betrayed them,
because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the
verse continues, that those who have
violated the terms of the treaty have
declared war, so fight them... (as quoted
above). Directly after this permission to fight, the
same verse continues, "but if they repent,
and establish regular prayers and practice
regular charity, then open the way for
them... for God is Oft-forgiving, Most
Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any
member of the pagan tribe/army who
asks for it, and again reminds that "as
long as these stand true to you, stand ye
true to them: for God loves the righteous." Conclusion Any verse that is quoted out of context
misses the whole point of the message of
the Quran. Nowhere in the Quran can be
found support for indiscriminate
slaughter, the killing of non-combatants,
or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged
crimes. The Islamic teachings on this subject can
be summed up in the following verses
(Quran 60:7-cool: "It may be that God will grant love (and
friendship) between you and those whom
ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has
power (over all things), and God is Oft-
Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not forbid you, with regard to
those who fight you not for (your) faith
nor drive you out of your homes, from
dealing kindly and justly with them: for
God loves those who are just."

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by dmainboss: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2012
Find Out!:

First, I didnt quote anything out of context. I just posted them as is from the Koran. I didnt edit them. You can check the online English version of the Koran.

Secondly, killing of unbelievers have been on from the first Jihad. It didnt start in the last century. Just the same way the Catholics killed non Catholics and Jews during the crusades. At least, the Vatican has 'subtly' apologized to the Jews for that. Right from the first Jihads, women and Children were slaugthered. The historic facts are everywhere.

Nobody is spreading any propaganda. Extremists Moslems are doing a good job of that already. They really dont need any help. The problem is many of you moslems are trying to deny these facts. I do not believe all moslems are bad. But there are some fundamental ideologies that encourage these activities and if you continue to deny them, then the activities will not stop. These are the messages that the clerics are teaching in the mosques to these almajiris!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by free2ryhme: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
kuss: Not all muslims are terrorist but all terrorists are muslims

incomplete aristotlean syllogism ..
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Redhot111(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
audacious:

The Norwegian guy who killed 77 people and injured 151 was he a Muslim? The Irish Republican Army, are they Muslims too? Or the Group Eta in Spain? Because the Media only highlights the activities of Terrorist cells in certain countries doesn't mean others don't exist or do more harm......for your reading pleasure: http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/terrorist-groups.cfm
it may please u 2 knw dat b4 d comin of dis boko haram, there's been 10 major terrorist groups internationaly acclaimed, out of which 9 had dia base in islam.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Rad1cal: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=648376.msg8144913#msg8144913

[size=14pt]If Jonathan wins it's because he used his government power. It looks like he has done too well," said Habib Bazallahi, a local official from Buhari's party, leaning through a classroom window in the northern city of Kano to watch a vote count.

"Buhari says he won't go to court if he loses but that doesn't mean us, his supporters won't fight. We are ready. We're going to look for Kalashnikovs, bazookas There is no going quietly this time," he said, to cheers from the darkness.[/size]

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFTRE73E8DU20110416?sp=true
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
4llerbuntu:

the highlighted is the hole in your entire fantastic hollywood story

if a bin laden's wife was under lock and key in iran, and then subsequently got released to pakistan dont you think common sense dictates that she would have been a verifiable target of surveillance by every intelligence service in the world? how did she manage to evade everybody and join up with osama?

all this una story sef. me thinks the truth of this entire ish is that that dude's location was known for long but no will to go into pakistan to bump him.

anyway, all in all, how e take affect price of garri sef? mcheew

First of all, this report is from the Guardian (U.K), not my story, fantastic or otherwise.
Secondly, since you are not privy to what the intelligence community knew or didn't know, you cannot from the comfort of your armchair determine what is true or what is false.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2012
texazzpete:

You m0r0nic half-wit! There is no 'suspect' timing here. There is renewed attention on Bin Laden's death and doing now because IT IS NOW ONE YEAR SINCE HE DIED!

Not surprised you are too brainless to see this.

Finally, if you think the massacre at BUK was 'carefully timed', what about the massacres in the madalla church bombing? What about the attacks on Christmas and Easter?

If you truly believe that Christians are to be protected as 'people of the Book', why are you and your ilk not out on the streets protesting against Boko Haram and their 'corruption of Islam'?

You folks are perfectly willing to take to the streets when some obscure artist in Denmark sketches something yet here your Islam faces a serious perception crisis and you sit here on NL, spewing silly conspiracy theories!

Well, I'll ignore your insults & focus on the points(if i can call them that) you raised.

Yes, i may be spewing conspiracy theories, Azazi may be wrong, Bishop Kukah may not av analyzed the violence properly, time will tell.

My muslim brothers in d north are violent, i feel it has more to do with their nature than the religion. I think they feel cool with their acts of violence with the belief that they have religious backing which is false. The sponsors of boko haram have realized this & av capitalized on it. The northerners are soo not the best of muslims, i av to say it. But we still have some gud and enlightened muslims dere who do make some conscious efforts to educate the rest. If a man is not given education, he can be made to believe anything. The past northern leaders have done the region a lot of harm in this regard.

In all the violent acts carried out by muslim youths, from the cartoon issue,the beauty paegent wahala & down to the post election violence, we have alwys had Islamic leaders CONDEMNING these acts. Some have done so & paid the ultimate price for their condemnations. Muslim clerics have been assasinated in the same north simply because they have preached against religious violence. Pls consult google for further info as i cant supply names off the top of my head now, tho i believe one was murdered in Borno or so just last month or february.

Yes, churches have been bombed, but note that these boko guys are enemies of the average muslim northerner almost as much as they are(if not more coz they r defaming us) to xtians. The bomb blast in kano which killed 182 people, its highly likely several muslims formed part of this number. That is aside from the many killings/raids on citizens.

Boko haram is a common enemy to both muslims and xtians, & there shldnt be any doubt in even your mind that the security agencies are not doing enuf.

Then, Texazzpette, i've known you on this forum for a very very long time,even before i registered. Please desist from insults coz u didnt start this way.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
dmainboss:

First, I didnt quote anything out of context. I just posted them as is from the Koran. I didnt edit them. You can check the online English version of the Koran.

Secondly, killing of unbelievers have been on from the first Jihad. It didnt start in the last century. Just the same way the Catholics killed non Catholics and Jews during the crusades. At least, the Vatican has 'subtly' apologized to the Jews for that. Right from the first Jihads, women and Children were slaugthered. The historic facts are everywhere.

Nobody is spreading any propaganda. Extremists Moslems are doing a good job of that already. They really dont need any help. The problem is many of you moslems are trying to deny these facts. I do not believe all moslems are bad. But there are some fundamental ideologies that encourage these activities and if you continue to deny them, then the activities will not stop. These are the messages that the clerics are teaching in the mosques to these almajiris!

Thank you for your polite response. However, please see this xplanation again.

Question: Aren't there some verses of the
Quran that condone "killing the infidel"? Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to
stick up for themselves in a defensive
of the verses that speak about fighting/ war in the Quran are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are
by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism,"
or by misguided Muslims themselves who
wish to justify their aggressive tactics. "Slay Them" - If They Attack You First For
example, one verse (in its snipped
verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight
out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than
slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-
practice oppression" (2:190-193). It is
clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war,
circumstances, permission is given to
fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to
those who are attacking them, not
innocent bystanders or non-combatants. "Fight the Pagans" - If They Break
Treaties A similar verse can be found in
chapter 9,
the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in
wait for them in every stratagem (of
war)." Again, the preceding and following
verses give the context. This verse was
revealed during a
historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with
violated the terms of their treaty, secretly
aiding an enemy attack against the
Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to
because fulfilling agreements is
considered a righteous action. Then the
verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have
above). Directly after this permission to
fight, the
and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for
Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct
the Muslims to grant asylum to any
asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye
true to them: for God loves the righteous."
Conclusion Any verse that is quoted out of
context
the Quran. Nowhere in the Quran can be found support for indiscriminate
or murder of innocent persons in
'payback' for another people's alleged
crimes. The Islamic teachings on this
subject can be summed up in the following verses
(Quran 60:7- : "It may be that God will grant love (and
Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not
forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by dmainboss: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2012
Find Out!:

It is ok for you to defend your religion but I do wish to state the following:

I quoted a lot of verses and you can check them out. Most of them didnt portray anything defensive.

The Moslems in the time of the Jihads were not in minority and were not fighting for survival. They were on a drive for conquest of europe and the mideast spreading Islam as commanded by the prophet Mohammed. They even got up to the borders of Asia. That is why you have Muslims in India and China (Though not in very large numbers).

The Ayatollahs have never come out to speak against terrorism or Jihads.

Violence is seen across all Muslim countries, not just Nigeria. Especially in countries where you have large numbers of Shiites. The Sunnis are more tolerant, that is why violence is less in Sunni dominated countries like Saudi, Iran and Kuwait. But violence still exists very much in these places and the punishment for changing from Islam is still death.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by FindOut(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2012
dmainboss:

It is ok for you to defend your religion but I do wish to state the following:

I quoted a lot of verses and you can check them out. Most of them didnt portray anything defensive.

The Moslems in the time of the Jihads were not in minority and were not fighting for survival. They were on a drive for conquest of europe and the mideast spreading Islam as commanded by the prophet Mohammed. They even got up to the borders of Asia. That is why you have Muslims in India and China (Though not in very large numbers).

The Ayatollahs have never come out to speak against terrorism or Jihads.

Violence is seen across all Muslim countries, not just Nigeria. Especially in countries where you have large numbers of Shiites. The Sunnis are more tolerant, that is why violence is less in Sunni dominated countries like Saudi, Iran and Kuwait. But violence still exists very much in these places and the punishment for changing from Islam is still death.

yeah, the verses didnt state anythn defensive coz u simply ripped them off & didnt quote or consider the verses preceding or succeeding them. Please try to read the stuffs i posted to get a clearer picture. I'm not denying that some countries/groups of people still practice islam in ways they shouldnt, but i think d same goes for other religions as well.

And well, the Prophet told his companions n followers to spread islam, but he didnt tell them to do it violently. Dats d pure truth. As a matter of fact, the Prophet himself won converts to islam due to his own kind, humble and just nature which even the unbelievers & idolators persecuting him then were unable to fault. I've made dis point more than once on this forum & i've backed them up with hadeeth.

Prophet Isa *Jesus Christ* (Peace be upon him) is reffered to as a brother by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) & as a true messenger and prophet by Almighty Allah. You are not a muslim if you do not believe in him. Is it really possible that the same Allah commanded us to kill his followers? Or did he tell us to spread d message of Islam to them with patience n wisdom instead?
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem: Since PDP = Boko as stated by NSA, does this suggest that PDP also has taliban links? undecided undecided

yes boss ! cheesy

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Ninilowo(m): 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
So?
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by kay1one(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
dmainboss:

Reason below:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:5
DO WE NEED ANY OTHER EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT ALLAH IS THE DEVIL TRYING TO STOP CHRISTIANS ON THEIR RIGHTEOUS MARCH?! Islam BEGAN IN ABOUT 500AD AT ABOUT THE DARK AGES WHEN CHRISTIANITY WAS AT ITS LOWEST EBB! THE DEVIL SEIZED THE OPPORTUNITY AND CREATED A BEAST(ANTICHRIST) THAT HAS BEEN GROWING TO THIS DAY!
WE'VE GOT TO STEP UP OUR SPIRITUALITY AND GET G'eD UP WITH OUR PHYSICALITY!
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by kay1one(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2012
lacasa:

Ʊ see how unintelligent n foolish Ʊ r??.

​ so​, what ΐn essence does terrorism mean??

Kaai Nigerians get problem, or is Įƭ because they r christian terrorists ∂α† Ʊ r now defennding them n what they did.

Ʊ should be shot!!
LETS BE PRACTICAL HERE! IF THERE ARE 3 ROGUE AGENTS IN THE BUSINESS, THERE ARE 1000000000 MUSLIM TERRORISTS!!!!!
ARE ARMED ROBBERS TERRORISTS TOO?
THERE ARE CRIMES AND THERE ARE THREATS! AS A WAY OF LIFE, BELIEF AND PREACHING! NOT A ONE TIME PRACTICE OF MADNESS!
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Alumnus: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
I find it funny when I hear Moslems shout here and there that Islam is a religion of peace. We don't need anybody to tell us that because by their fruits we shall know them. Its similar to that Ipaidabribe website that is proclaming everywhere that Alison is Nigeria's best Petroleum Minister ever. Let d moslem community who believe that BH is wrong go and occupy our streets and Mosques in protest of this carnage then we shall know that Islam is a religion of peace otherwise all Moslems should hide their heads in shame. There are over 5 major religions in the world yet only Islam has been a torn in our flesh.
Find Out!:

Question: Aren't there some verses of the
Quran that condone "killing the infidel"? Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to
stick up for themselves in a defensive
of the verses that speak about fighting/ war in the Quran are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are
by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism,"
or by misguided Muslims themselves who
wish to justify their aggressive tactics. "Slay Them" - If They Attack You First For
example, one verse (in its snipped
verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight
out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than
slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-
practice oppression" (2:190-193). It is
clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war,
circumstances, permission is given to
fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to
those who are attacking them, not
innocent bystanders or non-combatants. "Fight the Pagans" - If They Break
Treaties A similar verse can be found in
chapter 9,
the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in
wait for them in every stratagem (of
war)." Again, the preceding and following
verses give the context. This verse was
revealed during a
historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with
violated the terms of their treaty, secretly
aiding an enemy attack against the
Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to
because fulfilling agreements is
considered a righteous action. Then the
verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have
above). Directly after this permission to
fight, the
and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for
Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct
the Muslims to grant asylum to any
asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye
true to them: for God loves the righteous."
Conclusion Any verse that is quoted out of
context
the Quran. Nowhere in the Quran can be found support for indiscriminate
or murder of innocent persons in
'payback' for another people's alleged
crimes. The Islamic teachings on this
subject can be summed up in the following verses
(Quran 60:7- : "It may be that God will grant love (and
Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not
forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith

Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by phreakabit(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
Well. . . . This is kinda like saying Garri has finally been identified as the main ingredient in eba, and expecting a standing ovation. . . . . .

[img]http://1.bp..com/-PsuW91cYy-o/T2NNyPdzwuI/AAAAAAAAHbo/L8hXOL45-qQ/s1600/eyes.gif[/img]
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2012
Al Qaeda? pff! More like Al Shabaab! grin
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by raypapy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2012
Our pblms on earth with the name of religions will never end except those callin themsef religion leader stop to confused their fellows wit mis interpretations of Holy books.and the prblm will keep goin becoz all politians av their religions leaders under there legs and corruptions everywhere includin so called house of God.We seriously need prayers bfr this damn world. To my prediction God will not end this World We humans will surely one day End it
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by kay1one(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
Alumnus: I find it funny when I hear Moslems shout here and there that Islam is a religion of peace. We don't need anybody to tell us that because by their fruits we shall know them. Its similar to that Ipaidabribe website that is proclaming everywhere that Alison is Nigeria's best Petroleum Minister ever. Let d moslem community who believe that BH is wrong go and occupy our streets and Mosques in protest of this carnage then we shall know that Islam is a religion of peace otherwise all Moslems should hide their heads in shame. There are over 5 major religions in the world yet only Islam has been a torn in our flesh.
THANK YOU! GOD BLESS YOU! TRUTH!
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by phreakabit(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Al Qaeda? pff! More like Al Shabaab! grin

They are all the same IMO. After all Al Shabaab is a subsect of Al Qaeda.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Toppie2(f): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2012
Find Out!:
Question: Aren't there some verses of the Quran that condone "killing the infidel"?

Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive
of the verses that speak about fighting/
war in the Quran are in this context. There are some specific verses that are
by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who
wish to justify their aggressive tactics. "Slay Them" - If They Attack You First For example, one verse (in its snipped
verse discusses? The preceding and
following verses give the correct context: "Fight in the cause of God those who fight
out from where they have turned you out;
for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-
practice oppression" (2:190-193). It is clear from the context that these
verses are discussing a defensive war,
circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are
instructed not to transgress limits, and to
those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants. "Fight the Pagans" - If They Break
Treaties A similar verse can be found in chapter 9,
the pagans wherever ye find them, and
seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in
wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following
verses give the context. This verse was revealed during a
historical period when the small Muslim
community had entered into treaties with
violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the
Muslim community. The verse directly
before this one instructs the Muslims to
because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the
verse continues, that those who have
violated the terms of the treaty have
above). Directly after this permission to fight, the
and establish regular prayers and practice
regular charity, then open the way for
Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any
asks for it, and again reminds that "as
long as these stand true to you, stand ye
true to them: for God loves the righteous." Conclusion Any verse that is quoted out of context
the Quran. Nowhere in the Quran can be
found support for indiscriminate
or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged
crimes. The Islamic teachings on this subject can
be summed up in the following verses
(Quran 60:7-cool: "It may be that God will grant love (and
Forgiving, Most Merciful. God does not forbid you, with regard to
those who fight you not for (your) faith
Am dazed.....so u dnt even try 2 preach 2 d unbelievers, u dnt mk dem c reasons why dey need 2 repent of dr sin nd turn 2 God? Unbelievable!
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2012
phreakabit:

They are all the same IMO. After all Al Shabaab is a subsect of Al Qaeda.

Must you spoil my moment?! angry grin grin

But seriously, I know. smiley
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by Dawdy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
No matter what u stupid people say against ISLAM, ISLAM will continue to grow.
Re: Boko Haram Taliban Link Confirmed by sizzlers(m): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2012
islam is peace. Alahu akbah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Anyene As Auditor-general / Monica Dongban-Mensem Counters Olumide Akpata Over Appointment Of Judges / Gunmen Kidnap Another Monarch In Imo, Kill One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.