Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921790 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femijck(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
usef83: hello,is it true dat mor winners shallb selected by october 22nd for dv 2013..
yes that watz on the web home ..bold and clear so lets continue praying nani
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quoso shall it b...peace yallll..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Got dis again this morniing.
Na NIPOST i used ooohhhh.............. i sent my forms bck on july 27 2012
2013AF0000 NINE THOUSAND PLUS
Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow six to eight weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
temmytanny: Hi all

I just confirmed now from a reliable source that AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT isnt required for 2013 DV applicants in Nigeria but i dont know about Ghana and other countries. So please dont stress yourself on this

Thanks a mill Temmy. Is your source a successful interviewee of an embassy worker? Anyway, Just curious, but I trust your judgement...

Now, I made a clumsy mistake by filling a "first school leaving certificate" among certificates obtained in the forms I sent. That is, primary school leaving certificate- and I just realise that I don't know where mine is anymore.

I know it's not a necessary certificate, as WAEC and B.A covers that, but I'm very worried that because I filled it in the forms, that they'd ask me to provide it... I hadn't been on nairaland when I sent my forms, else I would have known better than to include a needless certificate which I do NOT have!

I'll need your suggestion on how I can proceed with this and also want to use this medium to exhort everybody who is yet to submit his/her forms, to b as careful as possible...

Temmy, thanks a lot. You predicted way back in June that my CN would b current in November and that has turned out exactly as you said. Can't thank u enough for your guidance and I look forward to disturbing u a lot more often until I get to the land of opportunity :d
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by talatutalatu: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hi all, this is a quick question for those already in America.

I was told u can't work without your SSN which takes like 3 to 4 weeks to get, but information reaching me is that u can work immediately without the SSN because what has been stamped on you passport @ the POE is sufficient evidence that you are eligible to live and work in USA. is this true??

Also, please tell us?? how is life in USA, is it hard?? can one get job easily?? do u have jobs already?

Also, how much pocket money do u need to sustain oneself on arrival till u get work?? some are struggling for ticket money talk less of extra pocket money

Also, Can we get a job with our Nigerian Bsc? do we need to go to school in us before we can work in US?

We have all been so excited, but we need to know how far.............

Please those already in US should advice. thank you

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Thanks a mill Temmy. Is your source a successful interviewee of an embassy worker? Anyway, Just curious, but I trust your judgement...

Now, I made a clumsy mistake by filling a "first school leaving certificate" among certificates obtained in the forms I sent. That is, primary school leaving certificate- and I just realise that I don't know where mine is anymore.

I know it's not a necessary certificate, as WAEC and B.A covers that, but I'm very worried that because I filled it in the forms, that they'd ask me to provide it... I hadn't been on nairaland when I sent my forms, else I would have known better than to include a needless certificate which I do NOT have!

I'll need your suggestion on how I can proceed with this and also want to use this medium to exhort everybody who is yet to submit his/her forms, to b as careful as possible...

Temmy, thanks a lot. You predicted way back in June that my CN would b current in November and that has turned out exactly as you said. Can't thank u enough for your guidance and I look forward to disturbing u a lot more often until I get to the land of opportunity :d
my brother, abt the AOS, its not needed, ok. Be 100% sure of that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
@all.This is just to advise dv2013 winners in dis forum pls we need to be vry careful wth d way we disclose our success to pple in our neighbourhood i.e our friends ,relations even to our family members cos it is nt everybody that ll be happy u were selectd 4 further processing to gt visa,mind u enemies re everywhere which means u hv 2 make everything confidential not in ds forum bt out there cos nobody knows u in ds forum more so b prayerful

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
interview exprience from another forum[b][/b]Successful interview this morning for my husband and I. I believe we had the first interviews for 2013 October 1 7:30 am
DV2013000001XX
Forms sent: May 02
2NL: 17-08-2012
Interview: 01-10-2012 success
Visa Received:03-10-2012
P.O.E: NYC
GC Received:
SS Received:
He did not ask much. What our plans are, have we been there before, who we staying with and when we hope to leave. Did not take five mins. He check our documents and told us congrats. He ask my hubby what he does for a living and if he intends to continue along that line in the USA and
he he already has any jobs lined up

Good morning all,

Visas were delivered this morning by DHL along with two sealed envelopes for border agents. We have 6 months from interview day to get to the US. Hoping to leave by year end. It now seems real to me seeing my cancelled visitors visa and new immigrant visa in our passports.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
tosmy :
interview exprience from another forum[b][/b]Successful interview this morning for my husband and I. I believe we had the first interviews for 2013 October 1 7:30 am
DV2013000001XX
GC Received:
SS Received:
He did not ask much. What our plans are, have we been there before, who we staying with and when we hope to leave. Did not take five mins. He check our documents and told us congrats. He ask my hubby what he does for a living and if he intends to continue along that line in the USA and

Good morning all,

Visas were delivered this morning by DHL along with two sealed envelopes for border agents. We have 6 months from interview day to get to the US. Hoping to leave by year end. It now seems real to me seeing my cancelled visitors visa and new immigrant visa in our passports.
I am so happy for the first success recorded as per interview experience! Congratulations to the person. Please, kindly paste the link to this forum so that we can learn more. Is it in Nigeria or Other African Countries or where? Please respond! Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] Thank God for the testimony of today ! More to come in Jesus Name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
tosmy :
DV2013000001XX
GC Received:
SS Received:

Good morning all,

Was he interviewed in Nigeria or US because getting Visa, Green card and social security at once seems uncleared to me.[b]
tosmy :
DV2013000001XX
GC Received:
SS Received:

Good morning all,

Was he interviewed in Nigeria or US because getting Visa, Green card and social security at once seems uncleared to me.[/b]
tosmy :
DV2013000001XX
GC Received:
SS Received:

Good morning all,

Was he interviewed in Nigeria or US because getting Visa, Green card and social security at once seems uncleared to me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ adesojiaderemi, if you read through you will discover that he put the sign :
This means that he is still awaiting that.
Green Card and SSN: when he gets it, it will change to read a date after the column sign.
But more importantly, was the interview in Nigeria or where?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogbonlowob: @ adesojiaderemi, if you read through you will discover that he put the sign :
Green Card and SSN: when he gets it, it will change to read a date after the column sign.

Thank you sir,I was decieved by "Recieved:" just trying to keep us honest plus recieving Visa 3rd day by mail career seems strange.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thank you sir,I was decieved by "Recieved:" just trying to keep us honest.

You are welcome sir!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Am not sure the interview is in NIGERIA.. Cos she said, she was interview 1 of oct... Which that day is holiday over here..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogbonlowob: @ adesojiaderemi, if you read through you will discover that he put the sign :

Am not sure the interview is in NIGERIA.. Cos she said, she was interview 1 of oct... Which that day is holiday over here..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
talatu.talatu:

I was told u can't work without your SSN which takes like 3 to 4 weeks to get, but information reaching me is that u can work immediately without the SSN because what has been stamped on you passport @ the POE is sufficient evidence that you are eligible to live and work in USA. is this true??

Also, please tell us?? how is life in USA, is it hard?? can one get job easily?? do u have jobs already?

Also, how much pocket money do u need to sustain oneself on arrival till u get work?? some are struggling for ticket money talk less of extra pocket money

Also, Can we get a job with our Nigerian Bsc? do we need to go to school in us before we can work in US?

Actually I have just opened a new thread titled "Diversity immigrant? welcome to America"this thread is dedicated to answering post dv questions.However,green card is just to identify your status as legal permanent residence of The US, while ssc gives you the right to work and get all the benefit attached.It is your Personal identification number that enables you to work, eg students,Conditional permanent residence also need SSC. On every application forms there is always a space for social security number.You can use your Nigerian passport with stamped I-155 with ssc to work b4 your green card comes but without ssc you can not open a bank account,get a job, and rent a house.Illegal immigrant do "undertable jobs" but you dont want to do that.

Nigerian bsc, btech,hnd,may get you a job, but not a supervisory designation as you think, you need re- training and revalidation of credentials to fit in.

If you can survive in Nigeria, I believe you should be able to survive in United state as a legal immigrant, everyone who comes here with green card that I know are working and also supporting their familly back home, give yourself 6 months, connect with people and ask questions you will surely get a job.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ibracadabra:

I filled my primary school certificate too.No issues bro. Your primary school cert isnt needed so bother not.
About affidavit,someone mailed Lagos embassy to confirm this and the reply he got was straight forward. NOT NEEDED!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
talatu.talatu:

you can get any job even without BSC provided you are ready to work. I know some people work without SSN but i guess its coded,its not advisable. SSN is no issue,3 weeks is nothing but days. Once you get your SSN, all things sail smoothly
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by OReal009: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hi dear nairalanders.pls can u shed more light on how to indicate if a confirmation number is lower or high...pls i nid quick answer....ur responds wil b duely appreciated
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Babycake(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
Any_hope_for_SSCEholders_in_the_USA?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by OReal009: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Yes dea is a hope 4 s.s.c.e holder
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
Babycake: Any_hope_for_SSCEholders_in_the_USA?

there is hope for everybody babycake, with your ssce you can attain any height.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
temmytanny: I filled my primary school certificate too.No issues bro. Your primary school cert isnt needed so bother not.
About affidavit,someone mailed Lagos embassy to confirm this and the reply he got was straight forward. NOT NEEDED!
Wzup tt?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?550140-DV-2013-Interview-experiences-and-outcomes!!!

am nt also sure that is african because i wwas not opportune to write or ask any question..........................faith works wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by leganssourcing: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
-
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
leganssourcing: I need your help house. my wife won the 2013 dv lottery and i want to include my child also as a beneficiary she is not the mother of my child. we got married after she won. Please i want to know if this will not lead to we being denied visa. your advise and reponse will be apprciated

For the fact u married her after she was selected is a big wahala and now you want to add a child from another union.That is double wahala! If you can defend your marriage, go ahead but to add that child will throw everyone out.Well of course she didn't add you and so your child. Everything is risky, all because you're in Nigeria. House maka una tok put.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
leganssourcing: I need your help house. my wife won the 2013 dv lottery and i want to include my child also as a beneficiary she is not the mother of my child. we got married after she won. Please i want to know if this will not lead to we being denied visa. your advise and reponse will be apprciated
hmmm
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femijck(m): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
ferdiii:

For the fact u married her after she was selected is a big wahala and now you want to add a child from another union.That is double wahala! If you can defend your marriage, go ahead but to add that child will throw everyone out.Well of course she didn't add you and so your child. Everything is risky, all because you're in Nigeria. House maka una tok put.
guru's plz im interested in dis questn o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
ferdiii:

oh! they got married after she won? I am smelling tnega problem
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
OReal009: Hi dear nairalanders.pls can u shed more light on how to indicate if a confirmation number is lower or high...pls i nid quick answer....ur responds wil b duely appreciated
if u want 2 knw if a CASE NUMBER is high or low,it is vry easy with ds example...dis CN is low.2013AF00000118 but dis CN is high 2013AF00455600

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Was he interviewed in Nigeria or US because getting Visa, Green card and social security at once seems uncleared to me.

Can not be in US-you do only AOS there and can not be in Nigeria-anything at the Embassy when it is a holiday here or there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.