Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921334 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
I will also advice even if you had your interview in January 2013 and decided to travel on or after Feb 1, 2013 make sure you keep your $165 processing fee.

I said it before my brother, maybe I wasn't sure of myself.
House, finally I'm on point. So, strictly adhere to the message. It's a new development. Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2012
Gentiner pls does it mean dat those that collected their visa in dec, and plan travelling to america in february 2013 won,t pay the processing fees at the point of entry.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2012
Gsluv: Hello house, pls I'd like to ask this question. On my waec cert "H" was omitted from my name,"Ridwan instead of "Ridhwan", but correctly spelt on other docs, pls do I need to swear an affidavit or it won't cause an issue?

My dear brother, while the omission of a letter from your name might be inconsequential and negligible, it won't put a hole in your pocket to correct the error through a court process. Get an affidavit and keep aside just incase it becomes an issue which I doubt. It won't cost more than N500.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2012
peters ife: Gentiner pls does it mean dat those that collected their visa in dec, and plan travelling to america in february 2013 won,t pay the processing fees at the point of entry.

It's my training as an attorney to interpret drafts and status. We examine keywords inorder to arrive at the intentions of the drafts man.

The major keyword there says 'Effective 1st February.' Since there is an express mention of a kickoff date, any individual who obtains an immigrant visa BEFORE the specified date is EXEMPTED!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2012
peters ife: Gentiner pls does it mean dat those that collected their visa in dec, and plan travelling to america in february 2013 won,t pay the processing fees at the point of entry.

To my understanding if you enter the US in Feb this means you will start processing for both your SSN and GC which will take 2 weeks, then you will have to pay the fee.

What the Fee Covers

The immigrant fee will cover the cost of USCIS staff time to handle, file and maintain the immigrant visa package, and the cost of producing and delivering the permanent resident card..

If the applicant is unable to make this payment, another person can make this payment on the applicant’s behalf.

Failure to Pay

The applicant will not receive a green card until the required USCIS Immigrant fee is paid.

Failure to pay does not affect the lawful status of the applicant. While the applicant can use their Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record, for one year to document they are a lawful permanent resident, once that I-94 stamp expires, the applicant will need to possess a green card as evidence of their lawful permanent resident status.

OR LETS US WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE CONSULATE OFFICE SAYS but meanwhile save $165 per person oooooooo

MY QUESTION IS
Is this fee going to be included in the visa fee or we shall pay later after obtaining the visa for those who are current and yet to be OR in an easier way of asking did they raise the fee or its a different fee paid to USCIS

Note: Applicants will now have two separate fees to pay. They are still required to pay the DOS visa application processing fee, and will now also have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2012
Spoondar:

To my understanding if you enter the US in Feb this means you will start processing for both your SSN and GC which will take 2 weeks, then you will have to pay the fee.

If the applicant is unable to make this payment, another person can make this payment on the applicant’s behalf.

Failure to Pay

The applicant will not receive a green card until the required USCIS Immigrant fee is paid.

Failure to pay does not affect the lawful status of the applicant. While the applicant can use their Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record, for one year to document they are a lawful permanent resident, once that I-94 stamp expires, the applicant will need to possess a green card as evidence of their lawful permanent resident status.

OR LETS US WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE CONSULATE OFFICE SAYS but meanwhile save $165 per person oooooooo

MY QUESTION IS
Is this fee going to be included in the visa fee or we shall pay later after obtaining the visa

I strongly believe they will look at the date your visa was issued in your passport to determine whether the fee is applicable to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2012
Gentiger:

It's my training as an attorney to interpret drafts and status. We examine keywords inorder to arrive at the intentions of the drafts man.

The major keyword there says 'Effective 1st February.' Since there is an express mention of a kickoff date, any individual who obtains an immigrant visa BEFORE the specified date is EXEMPTED!!!
to  own interpretation,I think those exempted are only those that receive their green card before 1st of Feb
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2012
femsoj: to  own interpretation,I think those exempted are only those that receive their green card before 1st of Feb
Please read and digest this: WHO WILL PAY? Any individual who on or after February 1, 2013 receives an immigrant visa package from a United States consulate or embassy abroad (including Canada and Mexico) will pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by teemola(f): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2012
Gentiger:

your interpretation is quite interesting,but how are you so sure you will be able to defend everyone and win.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:
Please read and digest this: WHO WILL PAY? Any individual who on or after February 1, 2013 receives an immigrant visa package from a United States consulate or embassy abroad (including Canada and Mexico) will pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
CORRECT
Any individual who on or after February 1, 2013 receives an immigrant visa package from a United States consulate or embassy abroadmeaning after receiving the visa and get to the US one needs to apply for the green card or permanent resident this is when you pay this fee. Can our learned friends digest this slowly and come back with a clear answer.

Note: Applicants will now have two separate fees to pay. They are still required to pay the DOS visa application processing fee, and will now also have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by teemola(f): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2012
Spoondar:
CORRECT
Any individual who on or after February 1, 2013 receives an immigrant visa package from a United States consulate or embassy abroadmeaning after receiving the visa and get to the US one needs to apply for the green card or permanent resident this is when you pay this fee. Can our learned friends digest this slowly and come back with a clear answer.

dont get it twisted spoondar,application processing is what you pay before your interview,green card processing is what you pay at POE.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Initially, I was sure it's gonna be applicable to DV Lottery applicants because we also fall under the immigrant visa category. But what brought the confusion is the fact that "DV Lottery" was not mentioned (I'm a layman), which I want to believe is what is also confusing a lot of people on here.
However, I spoke with my Lawyer and he confirmed its applicability to all DV Lottery applicants "effective Feb 1, 2013."
Meanwhile, I'll advise that we don't over stretch this matter as it has been confirmed from various angles that DV Lottery applicants are inclusive as from Feb 1, 2013.
Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
i strongly believe those who had paid 330 visa fee and gotten their visa re exempted reason is that the 330 paid at d embassy covers d Green Card and SSN processing. Come 2 think of it those issued visa and & in US never askd to pay 4 SSN and GC cos those charges hs bn deducted frm d 330 paid at d embassy so my own interpretation to ds is dt anyone who had paid 330 and bn issued visa b4 d kick off date feb1won't bother 2 pay 165 dols. thank u all

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
i strongly believe those who had paid 330 visa fee and gotten their visa re exempted reason is that the 330 paid at d embassy covers d Green Card and SSN processing come to think it those issued visa and travelld never askd to pay for SSN and GC cos those charges hs bn deducted frm d 330 paid at d embassy so my own interpretation to ds is dt anyone who had paid 330 and bn issued visa won't bother to pay 165 dols. thank u all

Chief Jide, pls take it easy oooo! grin grin
It's going to affect ONLY applicants that are issued with an immigrant visa as from Feb 1, 2013.
You're not inclusive my brother. You have your visa with you already.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
i strongly believe those who had paid 330 visa fee and gotten their visa re exempted reason is that the 330 paid at d embassy covers d Green Card and SSN processing. Come 2 think of it those issued visa and & in US never askd to pay 4 SSN and GC cos those charges hs bn deducted frm d 330 paid at d embassy so my own interpretation to ds is dt anyone who had paid 330 and bn issued visa b4 d kick off date feb1won't bother 2 pay 165 dols. thank u all

read my mind, i think so too. those who will receive their gc b4 the said date wont pay that $165 processing fee period.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
teemola:

dont get it twisted spoondar,application processing is what you pay before your interview,green card processing is what you pay at POE.
now aaaaaaaaaaaa ooooooooooooooo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Leripa: Initially, I was sure it's gonna be applicable to DV Lottery applicants because we also fall under the immigrant visa category. But what brought the confusion is the fact that "DV Lottery" was not mentioned (I'm a layman), which I want to believe is what is also confusing a lot of people on here.
However, I spoke with my Lawyer and he confirmed its applicability to all DV Lottery applicants "effective Feb 1, 2013."
Meanwhile, I'll advise that we don't over stretch this matter as it has been confirmed from various angles that DV Lottery applicants are inclusive as from Feb 1, 2013.
Thank you.

Thank you Leripa! atleast we can now concentrate on our 2NL.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
Spoondar:
CORRECT

i think d key word here is understanding wat an IMMIGRANT VISA PACKAGE...is...it said who on or after feb.1,receive immigrant visa package frm USCIS........my question; (1).does the pack gvn to one by d embssy,which u hand over at ur point of entry..is it an immigrant visa package? (2).if then not..is the package dat contains ur SSN gvn to u weeks after ur arrival...is it an immigrant visa package? (3). Could the SSN package n the processing of ur green card which u receive after some yrs amount to...the total package of immigrant visa package? My deduction...if immigrant visa package is wat u get frm question .1 above...then it means dat if u wer issued visa on jan.31,2013 u will not pay d new handling charge even if u get to US after march 2013. Else if immigrant visa package is question 2 n 3. Above then u hv to pay for d new handling charge if u get to US on or after feb.1

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
chykezworld: i think d key word here is understanding wat an IMMIGRANT VISA PACKAGE...is...it said who on or after feb.1,receive immigrant visa package frm USCIS........my question; (1).does the pack gvn to one by d embssy,which u hand over at ur point of entry..is it an immigrant visa package? (2).if then not..is the package dat contains ur SSN gvn to u weeks after ur arrival...is it an immigrant visa package? (3). Could the SSN package n the processing of ur green card which u receive after some yrs amount to...the total package of immigrant visa package? My deduction...if immigrant visa package is wat u get frm question .1 above...then it means dat if u wer issued visa on jan.31,2013 u will not pay d new handling charge even if u get to US after march 2013. Else if immigrant visa package is question 2 n 3. Above then u hv to pay for d new handling charge if u get to US on or after feb.1

Thank you cheykezworld!! I love it when people are cracking their minds. This is a rare chance and it is good and healthy when everyone speaks his/her mind out without beef undecided shocked after all we are yet to read the final verdict from our consulate offices. I only pity those who take things seriously and never flexible because they are easily prone to strokes and heart attacks. I am ready with my $165 and ready to go be it at the CO or US. Good luck all of you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
chykezworld: i think d key word here is understanding wat an IMMIGRANT VISA PACKAGE...is...it said who on or after feb.1,receive immigrant visa package frm USCIS........my question; (1).does the pack gvn to one by d embssy,which u hand over at ur point of entry..is it an immigrant visa package? (2).if then not..is the package dat contains ur SSN gvn to u weeks after ur arrival...is it an immigrant visa package? (3). Could the SSN package n the processing of ur green card which u receive after some yrs amount to...the total package of immigrant visa package? My deduction...if immigrant visa package is wat u get frm question .1 above...then it means dat if u wer issued visa on jan.31,2013 u will not pay d new handling charge even if u get to US after march 2013. Else if immigrant visa package is question 2 n 3. Above then u hv to pay for d new handling charge if u get to US on or after feb.1

On 3)SSN and GC will not take a year, the maximum is three weeks,the package refers to processing associated to documentation and posting of your "Notice of action letter (I-797C)and green card I guess.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
When some1 CN is current in d bulletin, how long those it take to get d 2nd NL?
Has any1 gotten his/her 2nd NL?
Pls, halla!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
missannie: When some1 CN is current in d bulletin, how long those it take to get d 2nd NL?
Has any1 gotten his/her 2nd NL?
Pls, halla!!!
I THINK WE SHOULD START GETTING THEM AS FROM 18TH ONWARDS

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by iamxpinoza(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
Can somebody direct me to a hospital that can actually give me some sleeping pills that can make me sleep for a non-stop 30 days to save me from thinking coz is so deep and closely iiritating
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
Spoondar:
I THINK WE SHOULD START GETTING THEM AS FROM 18TH ONWARDS

U are right.. Let say From Monday 17th, cos they don't work weekend.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2012

I can tell you AUTHORITATIVELY that you are EXEMPTED from any additional processing fee since your visa was issued earlier this month. You got nothing to worry about my brother. By the way, I'll send across the promised document the moment I receive your blank mail as directed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
abosedekolawole: [/b][/color][color=#006600][/color]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
Leripa: Initially, I was sure it's gonna be applicable to DV Lottery applicants because we also fall under the immigrant visa category. But what brought the confusion is the fact that "DV Lottery" was not mentioned (I'm a layman), which I want to believe is what is also confusing a lot of people on here.
Thank you.
bro temmy, i need you to confirm this very well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
[Federal Register Volume 77, Number 241 (Friday, December 14, 2012)]
[Notices]
[Pages 74490-74491]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2012-30226]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[CIS No. 2523-12; DHS Docket No. USCIS-2009-0033]
RIN 1615-ZB13

Implementation of Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic Processing Fee

AGENCY: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of
Homeland Security.

ACTION: Notice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announces
that as of February 1, 2013, USCIS will begin to collect a $165
Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic Processing Fee (USCIS Immigrant Fee) from
individuals who have been issued immigrant visas by the U.S. Department
of State (DOS) and are applying for admission to the United States.
Prospective adoptive parents whose child(ren) is/are seeking admission
to the United States under the Orphan or Hague Process will be exempt
from the USCIS Immigrant Fee. The USCIS Immigrant Fee covers the cost
of processing that is performed in the United States after immigrant
visa holders receive their visa packages from DOS and are admitted to
the United States. This notice provides instructions on how individuals
who have been issued immigrant visas from DOS can pay the fee.

DATES: On February 1, 2013, USCIS will begin collecting the USCIS
Immigrant Fee from individuals who have been issued immigrant visas by
DOS.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lyndon Lewis, U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services, Financial Management Division, 20 Massachusetts
Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2060; or by phone at (202) 272-9675
(this is not a toll-free number). You may also visit www.USCIS.gov/immigrantfee where a news release and a detailed payment Web page,
including a set of questions and answers about the USCIS Immigrant Fee,
are available.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

I. Background on Fee

On September 24, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
published the final rule titled, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services Fee Schedule. 75 FR 58962. That final rule became effective on
Nov. 23, 2010. The final rule, among other things, established the
USCIS Immigrant Fee at $165 to recover the cost of processing that is
performed in the United States after immigrant visa holders receive
their immigrant visa packages from DOS at overseas consulates and are
admitted to the United States. See 8 CFR 103.7(b)(1)(i)(D); see also 75
FR at 58979 (public comments on the Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic
Processing Fee and DHS response). USCIS established this fee to recover
its costs associated with processing, filing and maintaining the
immigrant visa package, and producing and mailing required documents.
USCIS has not collected the fee from immigrant visa holders
applying for admission to the United States because implementing
procedures have only recently been developed in conjunction with DOS.
Since the fee has not been collected since it was established, USCIS is
publishing this Notice to announce that the USCIS Immigrant Fee
collection process is now in place and that USCIS will begin collecting
the fee in accordance with this Notice and the USCIS fee regulation at
8 CFR 103.7(b)(1)(i)(D).
The USCIS Director, however, is exempting from this USCIS Immigrant
Fee prospective adoptive parents whose child(ren) is/are seeking
admission to the United States under the Orphan or Hague Process. In
addition, the Director has determined that the public interest of
encouraging adoption of international orphans is served by exempting
these new adoptive parents from this fee. USCIS will include the cost
of processing immigrant visas for overseas adoptees in the next fee
study conducted for adjustment of the USCIS fee schedule.

II. Fee Collection Process

To simplify and centralize the new fee collection process,
immigrant visa holders applying for admission to the United States must
pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online at Pay.gov. Immigrant visa holders
can electronically submit the fee by answering the questions on the
USCIS intake page on Pay.gov and providing their checking account,
debit or credit card information. Check payments must be drawn on a
U.S. bank. If the immigrant visa holder is unable to make this payment,
another person can make this payment on the immigrant visa holder's
behalf.
Immigrant visa holders must submit payments online after they
receive their immigrant visa package from DOS. DOS will issue the
applicant:
A USCIS handout which will include the immigrant visa
holder's Alien number and Case ID number; and

[[Page 74491]]

Instructions on how to submit payment.
Payment should be made before traveling to the United States.
Immigrant visa holders should keep a copy of their receipt for their
records. More details are available at www.USCIS.gov/immigrantfee.
Failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee will not directly result in
denial of admission to the United States as an immigrant or the loss of
status as an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence. However,
USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) to an
individual who is subject to the USCIS Immigrant Fee until the
individual has remitted the fee. Failure to obtain the Form I-551 will
make it difficult for the individual to show that he or she has
complied with the alien registration requirements in sections 261-266
of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1301-1306. It may also
make it difficult for the individual to show that he or she is
authorized to accept employment in the United States or to return to
the United States from temporary foreign travel.

Alejandro N. Mayorkas,
Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-30226 Filed 12-13-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by papatee2: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2012
For those of us tryin to travel dis december, qatar airline is nw expensive. I went to d airport I was told is 175k to new york
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 6:06am On Dec 16, 2012
1 king 18 vs 24,GOD that answereth by fire will answer our prayers IJN (amen)gudmorning house

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:37am On Dec 16, 2012
teemola:

your interpretation is quite interesting,but how are you so sure you will be able to defend everyone and win.

The VOICE of Jacob, the HAND of Esau. Hahaha!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.