Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924705 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 11, 2013
Ammeeennnn!!!!!
Gentiger: I sincerely wish everyone going for the interview a super success. The Good God who did it for the rest of us will do it for you too. Go and succeed where others failed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2013
tovalli: Ammeeennnn!!!!!

This is going to change for good today:::::>Upcoming month's visa bulletin: March 2013 (Coming Soon)

This month's visa bulletin: February 2013

Archived visa bulletins: January 2013 and before

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 10:59am On Feb 11, 2013
helo house,pls d names on my int pasport read my surname n 1st name e.g olowo abiba n my oda documents includin npc havin my 3rd name included e.g olowo abiba oloro,hpe no prb abt dis.evry1 going for interveiw dis week wil b favoured IJN(amen)GLORY!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks man.

Am a lady Gentiger...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
seal777: TO THE GLORY OF GOD : SEAL 777, VISA GRANTED 7 FEBRUARY, 2013. grin

I had my visa interview this morning at the Lagos embassy in what i can consider the easiest and cheapest interview by a nairalander and my visa was granted.

Depart home 6.05 am, got to the embassy gate 6.58, submit 2nl and cleared with a tag number B417, went through security check and made payment in the interview hall, called at window 15 for submission of original and photocopies of credentials and was ask to wait for my number to be called.

I was there 2 years ago for a study visa which was denied but the whole arrangement has changed compare to 2011 with all activities brought under one roof in an open hall.

I sat in the front row so as to have a better view of other people's interviews but was forced to leave my seat for an elderly woman who wanted to sit close to her son. I ended up sitting at the full glare of the slim white lady of window 16 and I would confess, she was very direct and straight to business unlike others who were very calm and much more friendly in their interviews.

After hours of waiting, I.saw the white guy in window 14 talking to another white chubby guy in the cubicle showing him my credentials in the process and few minutes after that I was called by the white guy in window 14 for my interview.

My interview lasted for less than 5 minutes and it goes thus:

Co: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning, how was your nite?
Co: Good

TOOK MY FINGER PRINT AND TAKE OATH

Co : Are you ( he mentioned my Surname ).
Me: Before he could mention it I completed the names and told him, very correct.
Co: What is your highest level of education.
Me: Bachelor of science in accounting.
Co: Which school is that?
Me: Obafemi Awolowo Univerisity, ile ife
Co: did you observe the national service?
Me: Yes
Co: Where?
Me: Kabba, Kogi state
Co: What was ur service all about?
Me: Teaching
Co: What are u doing currently?
Me: I am the Business Development Manager in my own company ( i had the registration certificate but he never ask me ).

He kept typing and later brought out one white form and circled an address and told me my application is fsvourable and should go and pick my visa next and make sure I pay the 165 dollar green card processing fee.

CO"S INTERVIEW ROLL CALL FOR THE DAY :

Black lady in window 13 :
Granted 4, Denied 2

White Guy in window 14
granted 5 visas ( including mine and curiously granted a guy his visa without WAEC.
Denied 1

(THE GUY CLAIMED HE NEVER SAT FOR WAEC IN HIS SCHOOL BECAUSE HIS PARENTS COULD NOT AFFORD 34,000 TO PAY BUT INSTEAD OPT FOR GCE WHICH IS MORE CHEAPER 6,500 )[b][/b]. HE NEVER TOOK WAEC AT ALL.

White lady in window 16
Granted 2 visas ( 1 dv and one other to little girl on filling )
Denied 4 married couples ( all with 2- 3 children each )
Pending 1 married ( ask to wait for appraisal of their case ) i left them there anyway.
God is my witness, my interview lasted between 2 to 4 minutes because of his typing and was the shortest and simplest of the whole interview I observed in the hall.

Kudos to Kemzone for the indepth links, very educative and informative and to other guys in the house GOD BLESS US ALL.

ALLAHU AKBAR, HIS MIGTY NAME BE PRAISED FOR HIS MERCIES.
Me: bef
Glory be to God this is gud news for sure

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
my good people, if you have done your interview, I will advice you to learn how to drive before travelling to the states cos I was told by a friend that one needs a car to go about his/her business, and its expensive to learn how to drive at the states and even your relatives will be too busy to teach you on how to drive. So, do yourself a favour and register to any driving near you. Just saying sha.... coolmy good people, if you have done your interview, I will advice you to learn how to drive before travelling to the states cos I was told by a friend that one needs a car to go about his/her business, and its expensive to learn how to drive at the states and even your relatives will be too busy to teach you on how to drive. So, do yourself a favour and register to any driving near you. Just saying sha....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
junkerhill: my good people, if you have done your interview, I will advice you to learn how to drive before travelling to the states cos I was told by a friend that one needs a car to go about his/her business, and its expensive to learn how to drive at the states and even your relatives will be too busy to teach you on how to drive. So, do yourself a favour and register to any driving near you. Just saying sha.... coolmy good people, if you have done your interview, I will advice you to learn how to drive before travelling to the states cos I was told by a friend that one needs a car to go about his/her business, and its expensive to learn how to drive at the states and even your relatives will be too busy to teach you on how to drive. So, do yourself a favour and register to any driving near you. Just saying sha....

Buh bros, if a someone knw hw 2 drive already and you nah get dere, wat is the procedure you nd 2 knw b4 driving dere?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
rood boy:

Buh bros, if a someone knw hw 2 drive already and you nah get dere, wat is the procedure you nd 2 knw b4 driving dere?
I doubt if there is any other thing else you need to know. But if there is, your host is there to tell u or direct you on how to go about. Just know where you are going then with your driver's licence, obey all traffic rules.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Getinger,
please can i have AFFIDAVITS for harmonization of names done in a customary court or can only be done in the high court?. This is just for wrong arrangement of names on two different passports. THANKS

Do i need to publish in a newspaper as well to be valid?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hilaryddrunk: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hello house please my testimonial got burnt some years back and my school refused me a new one what should i do
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
hilaryddrunk: Hello house please my testimonial got burnt some years back and my school refused me a new one what should i do

Buh why dem refused 2 issue u new one? Wat is their excues the tyme u went dere? Abi u no want roja dem...anywey don't go 2 the intview without no doin advidavit sopotr ok. All the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
24en: hello house i greet you all,I am a dv winner from cameroon and my case n is 2013AF0005****, and i have submitted my documents a month and some weeks ago already , so what are my chances to have the 2NL, because it seems the bulletin is far from my case number
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
house pls i need adress of alagbon to do my police report. Pls from obalende to ikoyi but i dnt know d adress or another bus to reach there
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
peters ife: Adufesco u still dey dis country, u never travel.
Yes i still dey naija o but i will travel on 28th thanks my brother! One love.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
@femo:
house pls i need adress of alagbon to do my police report. Pls from obalende to ikoyi but i dnt know d adress or another bus to reach there

From Obalende, Ask around how to get a bus or Keke napep going to Alagbon close......easy to get.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
yembe2013: Hey House; What is the best time to be at the embassy if you are scheduled for 11 a.m PLEASE RESPOND
Your question has been rightly addressed by gurus in d house but i feel telling u my experience will be of great help to u and other forumist yet to go for their interview. I and my wife were scheduled for 10am on our interview date but i received a call from d embassy around 5pm on d previous day to my interview date to come as early as 7am and join d immigrant line(thank God we weren't working wit d initial 10am and also dat we were not dat far away from d embassy @ the time of receiving d call. If not, we would av been confused and disturb). We got to d embassy around 6:45am and we were numbers 2 and 3 on d immigrant line. Just 5mins of our arrival, d gate was opened and we're called in. So my advice is dat u should go as early as possible, pls don't work wit ur 11am scheduled tym. It's better to be there early and even wait if need be than to get there late. Try to go early as doing so will help u overcome any unforeseen circumstance. BEST OF LUCK!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
Adufesco i would i ve gone b4 u. We will relate when we get there, cheers brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
uniqueprivacy: Glory be to God almighty for His goodness upon my life. forumites pls join me to glorify God for a successful interview.

CONGRATS!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
alex4money: hello 24en,am also a winner from cameroon but study in nigerian and my case number is also 2013AF00086***all we need 2 do rite now is 2 be prayerful 4 our good GOD 2 hear our prayers in speeding the visa bulleting 4 our sake amen.

thanks very much for that, we really need to be praying, study well dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
widelink: House, I had a very successful interview this morning with my wife and my daughter. I will gist you how God made it successful.

Congrats!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
24en:

thanks very much for that, we really need to be praying, study well dear.

i am praying very hard that the visa bulletin meet us because i really want to travel to US, keep up praying i believed God will answer our prayers
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
Imcool: Your question has been rightly addressed by gurus in d house but i feel telling u my experience will be of great help to u and other forumist yet to go for their interview. I and my wife were scheduled for 10am on our interview date but i received a call from d embassy around 5pm on d previous day to my interview date to come as early as 7am and join d immigrant line(thank God we weren't working wit d initial 10am and also dat we were not dat far away from d embassy @ the time of receiving d call. If not, we would av been confused and disturb). We got to d embassy around 6:45am and we were numbers 2 and 3 on d immigrant line. Just 5mins of our arrival, d gate was opened and we're called in. So my advice is dat u should go as early as possible, pls don't work wit ur 11am scheduled tym. It's better to be there early and even wait if need be than to get there late. Try to go early as doing so will help u overcome any unforeseen circumstance. BEST OF LUCK!

THANKS IMCOOL FOR THE LIL TIPS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
Imcool: Your question has been rightly addressed by gurus in d house but i feel telling u my experience will be of great help to u and other forumist yet to go for their interview. I and my wife were scheduled for 10am on our interview date but i received a call from d embassy around 5pm on d previous day to my interview date to come as early as 7am and join d immigrant line(thank God we weren't working wit d initial 10am and also dat we were not dat far away from d embassy @ the time of receiving d call. If not, we would av been confused and disturb). We got to d embassy around 6:45am and we were numbers 2 and 3 on d immigrant line. Just 5mins of our arrival, d gate was opened and we're called in. So my advice is dat u should go as early as possible, pls don't work wit ur 11am scheduled tym. It's better to be there early and even wait if need be than to get there late. Try to go early as doing so will help u overcome any unforeseen circumstance. BEST OF LUCK!
where you asked for your testimonial at the embassy ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2013

THANKS IMCOOL FOR THE LIL TIPS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Adufesco(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
peters ife: Adufesco i would i ve gone b4 u. We will relate when we get there, cheers brother.
Good so when are u travel and which country are u going to?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
hilaryddrunk: Hello house please my testimonial got burnt some years back and my school refused me a new one what should i do
Bros, go with ur certificate if u have the original whether SSCE or GCE and don't bother urself about tesmonial. Just tell them the truth if they ask u. I used 2GCE original certificate without mayjune WAEC or testimonial and I have my visa intact though I have a degree in Economics
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
@ Gentiger or others that have done their NPC attestation, please kindly confirm the law(in the last statement on the affidavit) that is used in the declaration; whether it's Oaths Law of Lagos State 1973 or 2003? and also the heading of the affidavit.
Thanks and God bless as you respond to this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
look4all: where you asked for your testimonial at the embassy ?
No d window 16 CO never asked of my testimonial and i didn't even go wit it. I'll however advice dat if anyone is presenting a GCE certificate(either waec or neco) most expecially if o'level is highest qualification, the person should also present his/her testimonial. D testimonial is only meant to confirm/prove dat the applicant went thru a secondary education as d dv lottery rule states. In my own case i presented waec Gce(1999) and also presented d certificate of my first attempted waec (may/june 1998) though i didn't perform well in it, i presented it in place of testimonial cuz it has d name of my secondary sch written on it, mind u, i didn't combine two results ooo, the o'level certificate i'm using is my 1999 Gce(9 credits) but i intentionally presented d 1998 may/june waec certificate just to show dat i went thru d walls of secondary sch. So my advice is make sure u present any document be it certificate, testimonial or other documents to show u went to secondary sch. It is believed that anyone even if he/she never went to secondary sch could attempt GCE and pass so prove or show u went thru d four corners of secondary sch. WISH U SUCCESS!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
chirpywest:
Bros, go with ur certificate if u have the original whether SSCE or GCE and don't bother urself about tesmonial. Just tell them the truth if they ask u. I used 2GCE original certificate without mayjune WAEC or testimonial and I have my visa intact though I have a degree in Economics
chirpwest.......my first testimonial ws white paper which got tored long tym ago and I ws lucky to be issued anoda one and d color of d paper is light yellow and I laminated t,does color of d paper has anyfin to do wt my testimonial cert?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jawad123: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
genlion: dont think its out yet. my prayer is that the bulletin will favour me. am 17000 plus

allmost ther brother dont worry im 30 000 plus
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jawad123: 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
24en: 24en: hello house i greet you all,I am a dv winner from cameroon and my case n is 2013AF0005****, and i have submitted my documents a month and some weeks ago already , so what are my chances to have the 2NL, because it seems the bulletin is far from my case number

defenitly you will have your interview for sure maybe around june july as we all know dv lottery give 50.000 visas yearly and then according to those dvi winners who were not granted visa then they move on over 50.000 they could go up to 70.000 ..... dont worry tomuch dv lottery ussually starts slow then it starts going up real fast around this time watch this up comin month that visabulletin on friday 15 feb..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
house, wat the visa bulletin saying this time

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.