Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920629 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 4:55am On Jul 27, 2012
Tiwanna:

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE'S JACK A DULL BOY. EVEN IN A BUSINESS MEETING PEOPLE SHARE A MOMENT OF LAUGH. HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GUD DAY SIR grin.
@ tiwanna we ar not here to play if u have any meaningful contribution go straigt to the point pls,leave JACK along make JACK the play along as u know dv2013 winners ar anxiously waiting 4 there second letter.i wise everybody goodluck 4 those that will be going 4 there interview and dv2013 expectant come oct. 1
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:30am On Jul 27, 2012
Skip, and continue.........>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2012
obamaobama: @ tiwanna we ar not here to play if u have any meaningful contribution go straigt to the point pls,leave JACK along make JACK the play along as u know dv2013 winners ar anxiously waiting 4 there second letter.i wise everybody goodluck 4 those that will be going 4 there interview and dv2013 expectant come oct. 1

Obamaobama, did you win? 'Pidgin' English will be much better.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2012
@adesojiaderemi, Are u saying that if i have a Birth certificate, i DON'T need A reference Letter from NPC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gbabe2: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2012
Hello peeps.I am of the opinion that we should forward all our completed forms to KCC for further processing.This year might be different.How do u think they want to accomodate the new selectees in October 2012?Its far better to be safe than being rejected.I am not an authority here but just a piece of advice.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2012
missannie: @adesojiaderemi, Are u saying that if i have a Birth certificate, i DON'T need A reference Letter from NPC.
mr you are good to go with ur birth certificate you don't need any NPC reference letter.......success wishes......faith work wonders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2012
@missannie, @adesojiaderemi said you can use ur birth cert that was not from npc.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2012
phabulousgpikin: DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Common terms important for Diversity Visa ( DV ) winners:

If you are a DV winner, the result came-out MAY 1st 2012 & we should be expecting some other result in OCTOBER 2012.
There will be 50,000 visas granted : winner ( principal applicant ) and family members are taken into account in the number of visas.

GC = Green card ( ! )

NL = Notification letter: Sent to the ESC website, you'll need to print it out.
There are 50,000 visas, but more people receive a NL, as there are some requirements that may not be met by the applicant ( education, evidence of support, health...), and other reasons ( moved to a different address and never receives the NL, death, changed his mind and does not want to immigrate to the US anymore .... )
So, receiving a letter does not necessarily mean being granted a visa.

KCC = Kentucky Consular Center ( where the NL came from ! )
contact : kccdv@state.gov , and (606) 526-7500 ( US phone number )
You need to know your case number when you call.

CP = Consular Processing ( do the interview at a US consulate/embassy )
AOS = Adjustment of Status ( adjust your visa in the US ) if you are legally present in the US

If you have a valid visa and live in the US, you can choose between CP and AOS ( the "choice" depends on your case number: if high, AOS is risky; the costs for you to fly back if CP ...) . If you don't, then there is only CP.

Case number : that's a very important thing ! ( it starts with 2letters standing for your region : AF, EU, OC SA, AS )
It will determine your interview date if your number is called ( current ).
The bulletin gives you the information :
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html
In some way, the case number represents your chance to get an interview, thus to get a GC. If it's rather high for your region, you might not be called ( your number is never current, not even at the end ), or being called late ( August or Sept ). But remember that for some countries, name and background checks take a couple of weeks. So, Sept 30th can come before you get cleared...

Also, education and english skills play a role as it will help in finding a job.
The immigration officer determines your potential to become public charge. So the more proofs you provide that you won't become one, the better for you.

POE = Port of Entry : if you were doing CP and were successful, you will enter the US with a brown enveloppe that has to remain sealed ( don't open it, it's for immigration officers ). Usually, it's an airport. There, the process to get the plastic GC will be activated.

Hope this helps cheesy
JESUS IS LORD!!! smiley
GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2012
missannie: @adesojiaderemi, Are u saying that if i have a Birth certificate, i DON'T need A reference Letter from NPC.
just to be on the safe side, how much dose it cos, not more dan 5k. I will sugest i do it and go with both, if dey say its only NCP u give them and they say no problem with the one u have, no problem too. Gud luk.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2012
Tiwanna: @missannie, @adesojiaderemi said you can use ur birth cert that was not from npc.
i will sugest they go with the NCP cert too go with both just to be on the safe said, the NCP cert it abt 5k or less, period.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2012
brightmon:
i will sugest they go with the NCP cert too go with both just to be on the safe said, the NCP cert it abt 5k or less, period.

i did mine express for N3500 here in port harcourt.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2012
brightmon:
just to be on the safe side, how much dose it cos, not more dan 5k. I will sugest i do it and go with both, if dey say its only NCP u give them and they say no problem with the one u have, no problem too. Gud luk.

@BRIGHTMON U HAVE A NICE POINT HERE SIR. THUMBS UP wink
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
You only get a response from them if you mail them for confirmation of receipt after you send your forms. If you don't mail them they will not send you any mail until your case number is current. It is not compulsory you mail them but you can do that if you wish.
Tobi henryo: Hi everyone,theres these part i didnt get,a guy posted that he hasnt heard anythin frm kcc since he submitted his form 2weeks ago,my question is,are we suppose to get a reply frm them after sending the forms or we all jst keep our fingers crossed and wait till august 15th after our forms hav been sent to them.......THANK U ALL nd GOD BLESS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
hello everyone,i an new here and i will be glad if i can get certain infos concerning the 2013 lottery.......i filled ds 230 part 1 and 2 and later figured out it as expired..pls i wil like to know if it doesnt implicate in any way coz i have tried every possible means to get a recent form but cant find any .......thanks for the prompt reply
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
g-busta:
hello everyone,i an new here and i will be glad if i can get certain infos concerning the 2013 lottery.......i filled ds 230 part 1 and 2 and later figured out it as expired..pls i wil like to know if it doesnt implicate in any way coz i have tried every possible means to get a recent form but cant find any .......thanks for the prompt reply
you are welcome on board bro/sis. The forms are okay and they come that way from KCC. So, ignore the date & goodluck to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That is not true, once you have birth certificate you dont need NPC reference Letter.The one from NPC is not a birth certificate, it is just a reference letter.

Be careful with what you counsel. The only accepted birth certificate by the embassy is the one issued by NPC, and it must be authenticated by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja. Be informed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pls. still about the birthday certificate, for those of us born in early 1970s and early 80s do we still need it to present at embassy?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
Gentiger:

Be careful with what you counsel. The only accepted birth certificate by the embassy is the one issued by NPC, and it must be authenticated by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja. Be informed.
who told you that? I used a non-NPC(but from Local govt) and it was accepted.please dont mis inform people here oooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
@all: thumbs up for all the good works on this thread. I applied with my OND, that's 14years of formal education. What highest level of education do i tick from form dsp-122, item 6?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2012
temmytanny:
who told you that? I used a non-NPC(but from Local govt) and it was accepted.please dont mis inform people here oooo.

It's not in my character to get into arguments. Since you have been thru it all and seen it all, so be it. But be sure I am not here to misinform people. Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Gentiger:

It's not in my character to get into arguments. Since you have been thru it all and seen it all, so be it. But be sure I am not here to misinform people. Thanks.
neither do i like arguements.pls,dont say wat u are nt sure of.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
Documents
Birth and Death Certificates
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960's at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.

The above information was from travel.state.gov, hope it will help those that are not sure about the BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO USE.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2012
owobabaisabella: Documents
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960's at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.

The above information was from travel.state.gov, hope it will help those that are not sure about the BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO USE.
wow, i still sugest that they shuld go with both, NCP and the old Birth Certf.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hello House, my guy just let me know that he was selected for 2012 Edition. The attached file! But when I filled out the form he chose Seychelles instead of Nigeria to increase his chances of winning since Seychelles people no dey too apply. It paid off. What does he do now. No passport of Seychelles yet.

Africa being CURRENT in June is not true right? Does he have the time to process? Make una talk now now.I think the guy should send off DSP and DS forms to KCC and go get his Seychelles' Passport and may be Birth Cert and process in Lagos Embassy. Abeg wetin Una think. He will soon call him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He got notified from KCC that he won via his e-mailbox July 13,2012. So are they doing like that for DV2013 people? Or they did this because of the May1 controversy? If they inform via e-mailbox,those who lost their Confirmation Number should not worry.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
@brightmon,you are right but do u that some of the old BC dnt have the both parents name (father n mother of the applicant) on it. If u r born before 1979 in Lagos, just go n obtained ur BC @ the Lagos State Ministry of Health,Old Secretariat,Ikeja,Lagos. But if you r born after 1979 (1980 upward) in Lagos obtain ur CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF UR BC directly from the local government.

From the above i can say that those that r born outside Lagos state before 1979 can go to their State Ministry of Health n those after 1979 i.e 1980 to date can use NCP BC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
owobabaisabella: Documents

I thought people are free to make meaningful contributions to help others, but the way some of us assume the position of Lordship is amazing. It's one thing for the American Govt. website to state one thing and another thing for it to be strictly followed in dealing with Nigerians who are all considered corrupt and fraudulent.

My elder brother is presently in Los Angeles. During his visa interview, he experienced significant delays cos he was asked by the consular officer to go get NPC issued birth certificate before any further action would be taken on his application. If you are reading this, it's strongly advised you get a birth certificate issued by NPC along with any other you presently possess. I rest my case.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Leripa: @all: thumbs up for all the good works on this thread. I applied with my OND, that's 14years of formal education. What highest level of education do i tick from form dsp-122, item 6?
@gentiger, brightmon, owobabaisabela and all: abeg, attend to my query o......lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
Leripa: @all: thumbs up for all the good works on this thread. I applied with my OND, that's 14years of formal education. What highest level of education do i tick from form dsp-122, item 6?
i think u shuld click OTHERS

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
@brightmon: thanks a bunch.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Leripa: @gentiger, brightmon, owobabaisabela and all: abeg, attend to my query o......lol

Leripa, am sorry for the late response. OND holders are categorized under others. I would have picked High School Diploma but that wouldnt be equivalent to our Polytechnic which falls under tertiary institutions.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
temmytanny: neither do i like arguements.pls,dont say wat u are nt sure of.
My boss why this?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
I think the best one to pick is University Degree Course

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.