Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923363 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 7:12am On Feb 18, 2013
zionking28:
Amen! Her username is nkkystel. Tnx!
We know Nkkystel. She is part of this family. U pple will give positive testimony here IJN amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 18, 2013
Gentiger:

If you file for her immediately after marriage, she will be current for interview 2 and half years later.
tanx..noted
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 7:29am On Feb 18, 2013
Gentiger:

If you file for her immediately after marriage, she will be current for interview 2 and half years later.
That is only if the person joins the military and becomes a citizen before 5years. You cant file for anyone until you become a citizen after 5years
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2013
femsoj: That is only if the person joins the military and becomes a citizen before 5years. You cant file for anyone until you become a citizen after 5years

Incorrect. You can. You can file to have your eligible family members join you. If your marriage is less than 2 years at the time of interview, your spouse will be placed under conditional permanent resident. I'll post links and data later to assist people intending to marry their Nigerian spouses bring them to the US legally and without much hassles.

Well, educate yourselves with this:

www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=be1ea6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=be1ea6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2013
My fellow immigrants, ur comment is needed urgently in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1199279/travelling-new-york-ontario-california
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2013
Bigpiper:
Thank you my brother. Its absolutely the grace of God because after my primary school certificate was remove, the only thing I had left besides the basics (npc, police character report etc) was my job completion certificate (na ojota under bridge I learn work o). One thing I noticed is the surprise on her face when I talked abt my work schedule. She asked me how come I spoke so well without an education. Long story short, its God o, I know I'm not qualified and my brother that did not tell me about nairaland until after the interview helped. I wouldn't have carried on with the visa processing if I had read through this site. My advice to others is even if you are not qualified, please don't give up ... America is worth the try and the money you'll spend. Good luck all waiting for interview and 2NL. Yours will be testimony too.

Congaturations brother, you really talented you also write so well, the CO noticed your talent go live your american dream. To God be the glory!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Please house for those who are scared that visa will finish before 30th September 2013 visit this website and check Nigeria you will be suprise that not up to 2000 visa's was issued out in 2012. http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf

you will also find the number of visa's issued since the lottery started for each country that is qualified. only about 29940 visa's has been issued to Nigeria between 2003 to 2012. Nigeria will still be qualified for the visa lottery for the next eight (cool to ten (10) years except the visa lottery is closed before then.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sinaadegoke: 9:30am On Feb 18, 2013
Hello friends. Quick question. I put a Mushin, lagos State and a Ilesa, Osun State address as the places I've lived in Nigeria. Asides the police records/certificaion from NPF ofice @ Alagbon, do I also need to get one from Ilesa, Osun State? Kindly advise pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 9:40am On Feb 18, 2013
@Sina AdegokeHello friends. Quick question. I put a Mushin, lagos State and a Ilesa, Osun State address as the places I've lived in Nigeria. Asides the police records/certificaion from NPF ofice @ Alagbon, do I also need to get one from Ilesa, Osun State? Kindly advise pls

You don’t need any other report Alagbon covers the whole Nigeria as a central CID. Even if you go to your State, they will still go to Alagbon so you are good with that. Except you have leaved outside Nigeria for up to six months then you need a police report from that country.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sinaadegoke: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
pjogutum1: @Sina AdegokeHello friends. Quick question. I put a Mushin, lagos State and a Ilesa, Osun State address as the places I've lived in Nigeria. Asides the police records/certificaion from NPF ofice @ Alagbon, do I also need to get one from Ilesa, Osun State? Kindly advise pls

You don’t need any other report Alagbon covers the whole Nigeria as a central CID. Even if you go to your State, they will still go to Alagbon so you are good with that. Except you have leaved outside Nigeria for up to six months then you need a police report from that country.

@pjogutum1 God bless u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by naas: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
I recent won the us DV lottery . when filling the form i said i have a first degree . i thought before my case number will be called up at the embassy i will would have obtain my degree but i have failed in my current level meaning before my case number will be treated i will not be having a degree then , so what do i do .someone is advising me to use a fake degree , will the immigration section notice the fake document .I wait brilliant contributions
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bigpiper: Had my Interview on the 6th of this month but I couldn't share my experience here because I thought I was dreaming and I might just wake up any time soon. After I collected my passport with visa on it today, I knew it wasn't a dream. Unlike most of you, I have no education besides primary school, I was trained as a mechanic and I must say I'm very good at it. I never knew nairaland existed until after my interview and this account I'm using to share my experience is my big brother's. He played the lottery on my behalf without my knowledge and he said I must share my testimony with you all because u made it possible. Everything he read on this site he related to me. Thank you and God bless every one of you.
My interview experience:
Interview was scheduled for 10AM, got to the embassy around 9:30
Submitted 2NL at the gate
Checked at the Security Check Point.
Made to leave my phones behind
Made DV Payment
Submitted Originals Documents (did not make photocopies) to Nigerian lady
She went through the documents, gave me back my primary school certificate and told that they require a minimum of five (5) credits. She went away with the document leaving my primary school certificate with me.
Then after waiting a while I was called up to window 13:
Me: Good Morning
Co: Good Morning
Co: Take your finger print
Me: i did
Co: Right hand up and promise you will tell me the truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I promise
Co: What is your highest level of education
Me: Told her
Co: No Waec?
Me: No
Co: Why did you stop at primary school?
Co: What do you do?
Co: Where do you work?
Co: Tell me about your work schedule
Me: told her (explained and narrated for about 3 minutes. She never took her eyes off me)
Co: Go and get your visa at the circled address in five working days from today. She gave me another papper with instructions on how to pay the $165.
Co: Congratulations
Me: Thank you.
Two days later I go an email from the embassy to come with photocopies of my birth certificate and credential (waec and above) to the consulate any day of the week beside friday. I got very scared but I went (after adzovia told me I had nothing to be worried about) and I submitted the photocopies. I was told to go and get my visa the next day. Instead of going I kept tracking and the tracking kept telling me "my passport is in post". It was uniqueprivacy who told me to go there, I got there lo and behold my passport/visa has been ready all along.
Atlanta here I come ...

This is God in action. Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
pjogutum1: Please house for those who are scared that visa will finish before 30th September 2013 visit this website and check Nigeria you will be suprise that not up to 2000 visa's was issued out in 2012. http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf

you will also find the number of visa's issued since the lottery started for each country that is qualified. only about 29940 visa's has been issued to Nigeria between 2003 to 2012. Nigeria will still be qualified for the visa lottery for the next eight (cool to ten (10) years except the visa lottery is closed before then.
tanx bro. I must say that u ar ver resourceful and ur info. has been most useful.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Congrat........
Dammy and Bigpiper
faith works wonder....@¶™¶™
Days seem like month,
months seem year..............
Those current for the month of April,
I wish all the best..........
for us waiting to be current,patient is
a virtue.¶™
To the Gurus,Gentiger and CO
I've got this question,I want to go for birth
attestation and I already ve the birth certificate frim birth do I still need to
swear affidavit at the high court.
kudus to the house.¶™¶™¶™……
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
author=pjogutum1]Please house for those who are scared that visa will finish before 30th September 2013 visit this website and check Nigeria you will be suprise that not up to 2000 visa's was issued out in 2012. http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf

you will also find the number of visa's issued since the lottery started for each country that is qualified. only about 29940 visa's has been issued to Nigeria between 2003 to 2012. Nigeria will still be qualified for the visa lottery for the next eight (cool to ten (10) years except the visa lottery is closed before then.[/quote]

you are right.
pjogutum,the fact is that all qualified dv lottery winner with genuine document
have equal chances of getting their
visas..¶™
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Are there any news about 2nd NL for the selectee of April as current ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
faithman2020: Congrat........
Dammy and Bigpiper
faith works wonder....@¶™¶™
Days seem like month,
months seem year..............
Those current for the month of April,
I wish all the best..........
for us waiting to be current,patient is
a virtue.¶™
To the Gurus,Gentiger and CO
I've got this question,I want to go for birth
attestation and I already ve the birth certificate frim birth do I still need to
swear affidavit at the high court.
kudus to the house.¶™¶™¶™……

u are good to go with d birth cert. frm birth bt to free ur mind from doubt, u can go get d npc's B.C.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
author=monsieursam64]u are good to go with d birth cert. frm birth bt to free ur mind from doubt, u can go get d npc's B.C

Thanks bros.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by statesman22(m): 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pls house how can one get NPC birth certificate?
faithman2020: author=monsieursam64]u are good to go with d birth cert. frm birth bt to free ur mind from doubt, u can go get d npc's B.C

Thanks bros.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Currently in children's practice ikoyi awaitin my medical result...GOD help me oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
owobabaisabella: @brightmon,you are right but do u that some of the old BC dnt have the both parents name (father n mother of the applicant) on it. If u r born before 1979 in Lagos, just go n obtained ur BC @ the Lagos State Ministry of Health,Old Secretariat,Ikeja,Lagos. But if you r born after 1979 (1980 upward) in Lagos obtain ur CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF UR BC directly from the local government.

From the above i can say that those that r born outside Lagos state before 1979 can go to their State Ministry of Health n those after 1979 i.e 1980 to date can use NCP BC.
please nairaland i was born in lagos 1982, lagos island local govt but i do not live in lagos island now. Can i obtained my birthcertificate from local govt i reside now or npc in that local govt?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Can anybody answer me please ..

Is there any news about 2nd NL for current on April ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hello Gentiger
I sent a mail to you please am still expecting your reply

@Jidex001
can u add me on skype
i have sent a request
cheers
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
naas: I recent won the us DV lottery . when filling the form i said i have a first degree . i thought before my case number will be called up at the embassy i will would have obtain my degree but i have failed in my current level meaning before my case number will be treated i will not be having a degree then , so what do i do .someone is advising me to use a fake degree , will the immigration section notice the fake document .I wait brilliant contributions

Fake the result and forget the visa with a possible life ban entry to the US. You're still very much on track with your claim of degree. Just present what you got and make them know you understood your undergraduate status to mean a degree with particular emphasis on expected time of graduation. Goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Can anybody answer me please .. cry

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
dchalice: pls house,when one becomes current for a particular month,say april,does it mean the interview date will actualy be in april
Gbam! Yes, it means ur interview is in April.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
chio: Hello Gentiger
I sent a mail to you please am still expecting your reply

@Jidex001
can u add me on skype
i have sent a request
cheers

I am sorry Jide but I found no mail in my gmail account. I'll check the spam folder notwithstanding. I'll accept your skype request whenever I browse with my laptop. I presently don't have skype installed in my new mobile device.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by joeonye: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hello,am a winner of the 2013 dv lottery,my number is below the current cut off number,what is the next step for me,and what documents do my husband need for the interview.Tanx and God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by packaging(m): 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
Smsm: Can anybody answer me please .. cry

if any dey would hav replied u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
owobabaisabella: please house, just want to ask this question: if one is current in April, when is he/she suppose to be expecting the 2NL?
Sorry, I mean 6-7 weeks before the interview. So expect ur 2NL anytime soon (this month).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
Amedino1:

Part of dose dat current ƒσя January, dat did not get dere 2NL den, might get it nau.(If d Sending Of d form is not too Last den) Lastly for doz dat Current nau Not all will Get dere 2NL, But be expecting ur 2NL If Ɣ☺ΰ send earlier.
Those expecting their 2NL this week are those that are current (due for interview) in April i.e CN <14,500 but > 12,150 who have sent their forms to Kentucky @ least 8weeks ago.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
nero xp: Currently in children's practice ikoyi awaitin my medical result...GOD help me oo
hw far nero,are u through wit d medical? GLORY!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.