Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922090 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
araidris: Good afternoon good people, how can I check my visa status, whether it is ready for collection at GSS.
I will advice you to go after 5 working days your visa was granted.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
lateefdauda: @araidis u dont need to check.just go there.and please tell me how the co told you to pay the immigrant fee because i was not told so but my visa issued date was on 4th febuary.
see if you can get nero's contact or Godhelpme. Meet with them, or better still photocopy the paper for clearer understanding of how to pay the money.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
Congrats to my brothers who had their interview today

Loconzo00
Simayanki4real.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
Shine1177: I've been away for long, for those whose visa were grant i say a big congratulations.

@Godhelpmeooo. Double portion greetings to you!
@laura da brat. Congrat.
@idriez. Congrat.
@jidex001. Congrat.
@afobat2000. Congrat.
@Zionking /nkkystel. Congrat.
@ogba1. Congrat.
@missannie. Congrat.
@mascotinme. Congrat.
@ Trezeget. I like ur maturity, you’ve handle the whole show calmly.
@tovalli. Congrat.
@doctorp76. Congrat.
@Yusmash00. Congrat.
@femo: Congrat.
Welcome back Shine1177 and thanks alot. While in the University my Matric was 1711
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pstadabi: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanki4real: Am so much greatful to God for all he has done in my life, since i benefitted from the testimonies of others...this is mine!

Got to the embassy at 6:20am and soon we were called for 7am appointment. We joined the queue and followed protocols till we got in, was give B419 tag. Paid my visa fee in dollars ($400 & was given my $70 change). Sat and waited for my number to be called so i gave my documents (one set of original and photocopy). Sat down again to await my number for the interview proper.

Where i sat, i watched as others were interviewed & about 4 people were denied & 1 on A.P... Before i left. Only two COs interviewed today @ windows 14 & 15, they were so nice and lovely. My number beeped on the screen by 12:30pm, & i stepped forward to the CO @ window 14...he is a young white chap. The interview went like this:

CO: Are you Mr ...?
Me: Yes i am
CO: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon sir
CO: How are you doing?
Me: Am fine & you?
CO: Am fine, Thanks...
Does the fingerprinting
Does the oath taking
Does the signing
CO: What is your highest level of education
Me: HND
CO: Discipline
Me: Industrial Safety Technology
CO: what school
Me: Petroleum Training Institute
CO: Where is the school?
Me: Effurun-Delta State
CO: How long did it take you to complete it
Me: ND-2yrs, IT-1yr, HND-2yrs...That's 5yrs in all
CO: Have you done your NYSC
Me: Yes
CO: Where
Me: Ogwashi-uku, delta state
CO: What did you do
Me: Teach
CO: What class
Me: SSS 1-3
CO: That's good, seems your documents are in order..so i will approve your visa. Goes ahead to explain pick up & payment of USCIS...

Thanks to all of you who contributed and keeps contributing to our success...@goldhelpmeooo, roodboy, pstadabi, adesojiaderemi, tycoon77, spoondar, nikkystel, odunemmanuel, anthofrie, mantiger, jidex001, gunners4u, femo & the rest...God will continue to bless you all.
To all those awaiting interviews, Go forth & collect your already approved visas...those awaiting 2NL, it shall land soonest. Thanks all...!!!

God is faithful.
. Dis is lovely once again congratulation. Dis is divine intervention from jehovah overdo. Welcome to AMERICA. Pls my good friend don't forget me in prayer cos my interview is coming up nextweek tuesday and I need ur assistant in prayer. Then secondly my HND too is a statement of result not certificate. Hope there is no problem about that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanke4real and loconzo00 congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:
Hello my beautiful E-family Sisters and Brothers! Quite a long time; I have been off for a while now, but this is where I belong. I remain ever indebted to all of you; I have obviously benefitted. You have not just given me fish to eat, but you have thought me how to fish! I have promised to also let others benefit from my experience. My interview comes up next Monday, and I call on all to pray for me and my family for success in our interview. This is my journey so far- Came into Lagos from Jos over the weekend with my family.
Police Character Certificate
Got into the Alagbon Police Finger Print Section around 1:00pm with my wife. Called the number of the officer that Gentiger introduced me to. The tall, huge and black guy was very friendly. Had a deep Calabar accent. He asked for just one photocopy of the data page of our international passport with 1 passport photograph each (No need of writing anything behind the passport). Next, we were given a form to fill in some data - Name, Date of birth, tribe, Race (black race for us), address and then we signed.
A woman, probably an office police clerk led us to another room where they asked us to come one after the other. Our hands were smeared with some kind of sticky ink on a black hard surface. Then, we each pressed our fingers on that white form we filled. There were spaces for each of the fingers, and then 4 fingers at once and thumb alone. Finally, we were asked to go wash off our hands outside the office (in front). Some 2 bowls of water were outside (Rain water collected from the roof / zinc). We applied some liquid soap-like local chemical from an old morning fresh container. Our hands were so slimmy, but we eventually washed off the ink. Then, they asked us to dry our hands with a towel inside, but my wife said no: She whispered to me- Do you know how many people have used this towel today. Let's not carry virus and killer germs home o! I then immediately shook off the water on my hands. The Police officer then asked us to relax in their canteen and wait for just 30minutes. My people, the canteen collected my money o! I ate a plate of semo and edikainko soup with croaka fish and was told to pay N800. After eating, I met the chef and asked if I could wash plates because I didn't have that much. I screemed, but the chef who was wearing a long white hat for chefs was just smiling. I grabbed the sponge and soap and they started dragging it with me. Anyway peeps, the rest was story. I eventually collected our police character certificate which was red in colour, and the form containing our data, passport photo and finger print was attached. After the police man gave me the certificate, he immeidiately demanded for money by saying: "My body need money well well". I gave him N4,500 for each of us and he was happy. He asked me to direct others coming behind to him. I got talking to a couple that came before us and learnt that they paid N6,500 to another police woman who sat some seats away from ours. I feel it's just like a market. No fixed price! I left Alagbon police around 2:30pm

Medical Report
Got to Children's practice at Raymond Njoku street around 9:45am on Saturday Morning. The lady receptionist told us to come back on Monday before 8:00am. My wife asked why, but she said they have got enough for the day. I quickly said we came based on the voice message we heard after dialing 07065859845 (The hospitals official number). My wife now said that this wasn't fair. We came all the way from Jos, and arrived before 11am, yet you asked us to go back. She said she was working based on instructions, and that the doctor would quarrel her. My wife then asked when we should come on Monday; she replied her and she was now walking out, but I remained and talked to the receptionist again: Can you please listen to me- I am not based in Lagos and for the sake of this baby kindly have a rethink. She insisted and was adamant: I am working based on instruction. I now said okay, and was walking away when she called me back and told me to put down my name on the sheet of paper. She said she was going against the rules and was doing this at the risk of her job. My wife now pleaded that they should modify the instruction on their voice message to include " 1st come, 1st serve".
It got to my turn and the nurse took my weight and height. She then brought out one very big syringe and took out some 10mls of blood. The syringe was frightening and it hurt a little when she inserted it. Then came time for Xray, then saw the doctor, then came back for 2 jabs of vaccines. Please, my people: On Saturdays, you pay cash to the receptionist and you will be given a receipt, but on week days you walk down with a teller to pay in Zenith bank (Some 3 minutes walk away). It's 12k per an adult and 7k per child (Exclusive of vacine fees). I will advice any one who plans to travel within 3 - 4 months after receiving visa to come like 1 month before his for his interview for his medicals especially if living at Lagos. This reason is this: I met some people who came in for medicals a week to their interview, but were asked to come back and comfirmatory test for a particular blood test. They came in after 3 days, and their blood was taken again to test for confirmation of syphilis before commencing treatment. To avoid any anxiety, please give some allowance.
My daughter got 5 vaccines - Varicella, DPT, MMR etc. She reacted 2 days after and came down with Urticaria rash which we controlled by giving some antinflammatory drugs .... Meanwhile, please ensure you go with the following for your medicals: 1. Original international passport 2. 2 Photo copies of Data page of International Passport per person 3. 2 passport photographs (write your name as it appears on your passport or 2nd NL and your passport number behind each of your passport photographs.
I will continue my gist later...
Hi Ifeanyi. This is very detailed and I love it, particularly for those of us that have not done ours. It's really informative. Hope to do mine soon. Please can you give me the police man's number or send it to my box: kunleadegbenro@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ifeanyiabdul, u must b d producer of dis storyline u jst narated bt d director we dnt knw or are u d both?Wat abt d DOP? Pls we al awaiting d season 2 of d story.Na like dis 2 u go glorify 2 d gudnes of God IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Pls can someone pls confirm to me
the requirements needed for the medicals and police report i intend doing mine before Saturday
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanki4real: Am so much greatful to God for all he has done in my life, since i benefitted from the testimonies of others...this is mine!

Got to the embassy at 6:20am and soon we were called for 7am appointment. We joined the queue and followed protocols till we got in, was give B419 tag. Paid my visa fee in dollars ($400 & was given my $70 change). Sat and waited for my number to be called so i gave my documents (one set of original and photocopy). Sat down again to await my number for the interview proper.

Where i sat, i watched as others were interviewed & about 4 people were denied & 1 on A.P... Before i left. Only two COs interviewed today @ windows 14 & 15, they were so nice and lovely. My number beeped on the screen by 12:30pm, & i stepped forward to the CO @ window 14...he is a young white chap. The interview went like this:

Does the fingerprinting
Does the oath taking
Does the signing
CO: That's good, seems your documents are in order..so i will approve your visa. Goes ahead to explain pick up & payment of USCIS...

Thanks to all of you who contributed and keeps contributing to our success...@goldhelpmeooo, roodboy, pstadabi, adesojiaderemi, tycoon77, spoondar, nikkystel, odunemmanuel, anthofrie, mantiger, jidex001, gunners4u, femo & the rest...God will continue to bless you all.
To all those awaiting interviews, Go forth & collect your already approved visas...those awaiting 2NL, it shall land soonest. Thanks all...!!!

God is faithful.

God is really faithful.. Congrat bro. Happy for u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: thank u allybert,but my concern is that it is new jersey i put in my dsp230 as my poe,hope i will not encounter any problem if i pass through new york? GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don`t need to worry about the address you put on the dsp230 form. You can enter The US through any State but your green card will be sent to the address on the DSP230 form if you did not change it at the POE on your arrival.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dutmond: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
hello house. you guys are really doing a great job... May God bless... i have been following the house since mid last year and bet this trend is not only educative, but also a source of blessing to Nigerians.... please me too i need help oh, i would be current by May (15***), though not yet scheduled for interview. my wife was included in my case (last October) after we did court/traditional wedding last year September, she is now six month pregnant. KCC confirmed receiving our updated forms last year October and promised review. me and my wife work in the East and would like to plan well for our medicals/police report, due to our tight working condition, we plan doing our medicals on a Saturday since and hope i can receive my wife's medical result on her behalf. would like to know if police report can also be done on a Saturday. if no and considering my wife's condition, is it possible to do police report on her behalf without her coming to lagos physically on weekdays? one luv e-family!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
ManTiger: What a great experience is it going to be to have the likes of
1. Gentiger
2. Adesojiaderemi
3. Junkerhill
4. Ifeanyi.adul
5. Zionking
6. Opoki
7. I hate 9ja
8. ManTiger
9. Ferdimako
10. RoooodBoy
11. Tolubillion
12. Tovalli
13. Godhelpmeoooo
14. Neroxp
15. Mr. Temmytanny
16. Leripa
17. Spoondar
18. All other friend
@ Disney park to celebrate smooth Transition from Africa to United State.

Can that party be complete without OGBA 1 mantiger. I must be there Live IJN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loveshowgirl1(f): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
Congratulations to you guys that got your visa approval today, I tap more from you guys and I know surely the God we serve will not fail us that are remaining.

I am in Lagos now and waiting on my interview which is by 7am tomorrow morning, I know you all have been praying for us all but please remember me in your prayers. I will be here to give testimony tomorrow no later than 10.30am God's grace to guide me and those being interviewed tomorrow, IJN.....AMEN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
@loconzo00 and @simanyaka4real:
Congratulations to you guys.
Welcome to America!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hello my people in d house, My sister is d principal applicant n winner of dv 2013 visa lottery. Her husband is d beneficiary. Pls. Their interview is next week Tuesday, but my sister has received her medical certificate, while the husband has not. The husband was told to come for a repeat blood test on Monday. The result came out yesterday n he was told result is positive for syphilis n that he needs to commence treatment of 3 injections( 1 yesterday, 1 next Tue, n 1 upper Tues). He has commenced treatment n was told his medical certificate wld b ready n given to him on the last day of the injection. Now, can my sister go alone for her interview next Tuesday or should she go with her husband without his medicals. The husband is not the principal applicant. Or is it automatic rescheduling; pls gurus respond quick quick: gentiger, temmy, adesoji, junkerhill, spoondar, ifeanyiabdul, neroxp, ogba1, God help me etc.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mascotinme(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
H
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
... Wit God,i dnt blv in inposibility,4 u 2 av such blv,u shud av try 2 gt ur GCE cert if possible or lt m knw wen u sat 4 d exam 2 detamin readines of d cert,try dis first & let's knw what's up,den d connerstone wil do rest.Sozen2010,be warned
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
sunday45: I'm really do confused, E-gurus family. Please how much can I do NPC certificate at Lagos and that police report certificate. Moreso, how much will be paid for the receptionist during hospital text. Interview is next week Tuesday and only got Intl passport. Help! Help! Help!
Afta al documentations is being done,wat else do u need?Al i av here is Visa,pik it at numba so,so&so.Congratulations! Dis na my wish 4 u ho!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaspa400(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2013

Does the fingerprinting
Does the oath taking
Does the signing

God is faithful.
CONGRATULATIONS.....i tap into your successful interview am nxt inline
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
idriez:
I've collected my visa today, travel preparation starts in earnest.... cant wait to land in US of A & start harnessing/utilizing the opportunities abound.
God that did mine, is still on the throne & will surely do your's too.... believe...
AMEN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
sunday45: E-gurus please I was born at port-harcourt, but i'v been iving at Lagos after i graduated from sec scl 2007. So I want to get NPC certificate fro Lagos, but they said 15k. What can I do pls?
Hee! Na lie ho,regular cost is 2k 4 2 weeks maximum bt did my own 3k,same wk,jst dash out 1k.Go 2 d NPC office in Surulere direct,dnt visit any NPC official assign 2 LG,dt's wat dey wil charge u.Be warnd
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
House,... Please respond also to questions asked by members, beside congratulating each other... Please.

I already asked this question and asking one time more please answer.

When will you receive the second NL, after visa numbers which are current in Advance or upcoming month? If there is any problem in my question please let me know.

Thanks you
[size=8pt][/size][size=12pt]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
chio: Hello House
Pls can someone go to the Hospital on Saturday am asking because of the nature of my work
also if it must be on a working day how long does it take on the average
can i take one day to finish the medicals and then collect my result on a later day.
Am still keeping it coded in my place of work till i scale tru
Yes,u can. Coded too! Only known 2 d nairaland memba,i beg dnt tel dem,OK?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
house,pls i dey with afobat2000 now and we dey argue on smthing,pls can the beneficiary go to u.s before the principal applicant.pls house enlighten us.GLORY!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
I Hate 9ja:

couldnt believe my name wld be amist this list...........can only imagine this for now.......but someday we wld all meet in u.s.a......i pray i should be the one to host u all.....SHALOM
I wil suport u 2 do d host.Organising commitee members?Who else?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Congratulations to you guys that got your visa approval today, I tap more from you guys and I know surely the God we serve will not fail us that are remaining.

I am in Lagos now and waiting on my interview which is by 7am tomorrow morning, I know you all have been praying for us all but please remember me in your prayers. I will be here to give testimony tomorrow no later than 10.30am God's grace to guide me and those being interviewed tomorrow, IJN.....AMEN
GO GET UR VISA 2MAO... WAITING FOR UR TESTIMONY!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
penticom: please house, where can i get my police report in ibadan? do i still need to get Yellow page after medical test? thanks
No sir!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Shine1177:

Am happy to hear that Adufesco dey Atlanta. The guy was roughly bashed here by certain people especially a MOD and was called names. He might have decided not to share his transition experience here because of those people. If you read this Adufesco, am happy for you and do have a great time out there.
Wen it ws rough & tough,na we-we,we al luv u whereeva u're Adufesco.Pls com bak here.I blv d ministry is going medically. Missed u a lot
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Phumbay:
God is rili doing it 4 us in ds forum,I fenk God 4 directin my family hia, ds forum as bin a help 4 al of us.I praise d name of d living God 4 d successful interview 4 my FAmily yesterday,only him is worthy of our praise.Halleluyah!!! To dose werin 4 dia 2nd NL it ll come soon IJN,n dose waiting 4 dia interview success is urs 2 IJN.my advice is jst dt dnt panic infront of co,b ursef n luk straight into his/her eyes,even if u dnt hear him vry wel tel him 2 repeat wot he sed jst lik I did yesterday, dia nt God bt human being lik us, success!
Haa! So u 2 don crossed d bridge,am hapy 4 u.CONGRATULATIONS. Pls tel m abt d movie.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ Loconzoo.........congrat's to u and ur family......the testimony of the Lord shall be permanent in ur lives and may he continue to prosper ur ways

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.