Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922064 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: house,pls i dey with afobat2000 now and we dey argue on smthing,pls can the beneficiary go to u.s before the principal applicant.pls house enlighten us.GLORY!!!!!!!!

NO. Principal applicant must enter first no matter what. If, God forbid, the principal applicant dies before entering the US, the beneficiaries visas become null/void. I stand to be corrected.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
odunmanuel: I wil suport u 2 do d host.Organising commitee members?Who else?
thank's for giving me the Hosting.......wld join u all in u.s.a by God's grace
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
mascotinme: Hello house, please can i collect my wife visa on her behalf, because her work cannot permit her to travel again, and if Yes, what are d tins to take along. Its urgent pls. Thanks

YES. All you need to do is to have your wife fill the information at the back of the pick up letter given to you at the embassy. And go along with a government ID like ur national ID or driver`s license. Make a photocopy of the ID because it is quite expensive at the pick up centre.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Godhelpme n others, at what stage did they request for your medicals and that of ur wife at d embassy? Thanks!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 026IX: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: house,pls i dey with afobat2000 now and we dey argue on smthing,pls can the beneficiary go to u.s before the principal applicant.pls house enlighten us.GLORY!!!!!!!!
No.... The principal has to go with dem or ahead of dem... Abeg make una no argue again ooo!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
junkerhill: Congrats to my brothers who had their interview today

Loconzo00
Simayanki4real.

Tnx bro!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
pstadabi: . Dis is lovely once again congratulation. Dis is divine intervention from jehovah overdo. Welcome to AMERICA. Pls my good friend don't forget me in prayer cos my interview is coming up nextweek tuesday and I need ur assistant in prayer. Then secondly my HND too is a statement of result not certificate. Hope there is no problem about that.

Thanks. No problem too, just tell them that your certificate is not yet ready.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by simayanki4real(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
simayanke4real and loconzo00 congratulations

Tnx brother, it was just God!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
Chuck87:

Congrats!!
@ Chucks87 tanx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pstadabi: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanki4real:

Thanks. No problem too, just tell them that your certificate is not yet ready.
. Tanx for the response. Did they ask you such question and moreover I finished my HND 2005. Hope dea won't b any wahala.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: YES MY GUY,AM PREPARING OO.AM HEADING TO NEW JERSEY,WHAT ABOUT YOU
new York
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Godhelpmeoo its nt possible 4 beneficiary 2 go 1st. Its either d principal go 1st or dey go 2geda.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
odunmanuel: Haa! So u 2 don crossed d bridge,am hapy 4 u.CONGRATULATIONS. Pls tel m abt d movie.
lolzz @Odunmanuel tanx so much my hubby av sed d success story, he's Femo.d co didn't even ask femo anytin he only focus on me d principal nt even our album n we take a lot along, it ws jst lik a chat btw d co n I anywayz al glory 2 God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 10:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: CONGRAT GUY,BUT I THINK U WENT FOR UR INTERVIEW LAST WEEK MONDAY,Y DIDNT U GO AND COLEECT UR VISA ON MONDAY DIS WEEK,SEBI NA 5 WORKING DAYS.GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, It was monday(5 working days) as envisaged but I didnt want to get there and asked to come back that was why.
@ All Pls when going for collection, make sure you go with a copy of your valid ID to avoid delays.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
uncle soji, kindly reply me. i av sent a message to ur mail box
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
dutmond: hello house. you guys are really doing a great job... May God bless... i have been following the house since mid last year and bet this trend is not only educative, but also a source of blessing to Nigerians.... please me too i need help oh, i would be current by May (15***), though not yet scheduled for interview. my wife was included in my case (last October) after we did court/traditional wedding last year September, she is now six month pregnant. KCC confirmed receiving our updated forms last year October and promised review. me and my wife work in the East and would like to plan well for our medicals/police report, due to our tight working condition, we plan doing our medicals on a Saturday since and hope i can receive my wife's medical result on her behalf. would like to know if police report can also be done on a Saturday. if no and considering my wife's condition, is it possible to do police report on her behalf without her coming to lagos physically on weekdays? one luv e-family!
Why re you in haste to do Medical when you are not current yet. Do Medical and Police report when is 2 weeks to your interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
dutmond: hello house. you guys are really doing a great job... May God bless... i have been following the house since mid last year and bet this trend is not only educative, but also a source of blessing to Nigerians.... please me too i need help oh, i would be current by May (15***), though not yet scheduled for interview. my wife was included in my case (last October) after we did court/traditional wedding last year September, she is now six month pregnant. KCC confirmed receiving our updated forms last year October and promised review. me and my wife work in the East and would like to plan well for our medicals/police report, due to our tight working condition, we plan doing our medicals on a Saturday since and hope i can receive my wife's medical result on her behalf. would like to know if police report can also be done on a Saturday. if no and considering my wife's condition, is it possible to do police report on her behalf without her coming to lagos physically on weekdays? one luv e-family!
Why re you in haste to do Medical when you are not current yet. Do Medical and Police report when its 2 weeks to your interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanki4real: Forumites, please help me praise the Lord, He has done it for me! That short interview that i prayed for is what he gave to me.

God is great. Full story coming as soon as i get home!
Congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Phumbay:
God is rili doing it 4 us in ds forum,I fenk God 4 directin my family hia, ds forum as bin a help 4 al of us.I praise d name of d living God 4 d successful interview 4 my FAmily yesterday,only him is worthy of our praise.Halleluyah!!! To dose werin 4 dia 2nd NL it ll come soon IJN,n dose waiting 4 dia interview success is urs 2 IJN.my advice is jst dt dnt panic infront of co,b ursef n luk straight into his/her eyes,even if u dnt hear him vry wel tel him 2 repeat wot he sed jst lik I did yesterday, dia nt God bt human being lik us, success!
Congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
idriez:
I've collected my visa today, travel preparation starts in earnest.... cant wait to land in US of A & start harnessing/utilizing the opportunities abound.
God that did mine, is still on the throne & will surely do your's too.... believe...

Amen. Pls house pray for me o. I really need to win DV2014 come this May 1st. Wish me luck guys. I wan go America too o.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
loconzo00: I give glory to Almighty God who started all by making way for these visas for my family.
I thank the nairalanders who God has used to make the visas a reality.

I tender my apology to all nairalanders for this late testimony.
It is borne out of a very personal reason which i would appreciate much if respected.
Although i have not posted here for a while even before the interview not to mention asking for prayer while going for interview as some insinuated after i decided to delay the testimony but i want to state clearly here that your prayers did not pass us unclaimed. This testimony is the result of your prayers and mercy of THE HOLY ONE above that answers prayers.

I have been playing the lottery since 1995 as single and since 2002 as married.
I played two entries as husband and wife but my wife won.

We got to the embassy with loads of documents and family album that filled a huge traveling bag.
After going through the queue procedure, my family (wife and 3 kids) went in while i was sent back to return the bag all the way to the car and bring only the documents. As stressful as this was,i had to take all the photo albums and documents in my arms. I did this with much sweat but still kept my much needed cool.Even though my wife was worried inside but she trusted that the Holy Spirit was in control.

After all these, we paid and submitted our document at window 15.

NOTE:
A black guy attended to us in window 15 for document collection.
He collected only a copy each of our documents and 2 copies of our passport photographs.
We submitted ALL documents relating to my wife's academic years in the university. I mean ALL we could lay our hands upon. Including registration forms for admission and for various purposes from year one to even her NYSC.
This to our plan was for at least the collecting man to see evidence that she actually went through the university and possibly pass some to the interviewer since that is a key reason for the interview in the first place.
IT WORKED.
The black man looked at ALL of them and made verbal commendable remark on them to my wife before returning them.
He studied us so much including the children that we even thought he was the one to interview us.
Pls do not overlook these document collectors. I believe they are meant to study us and report to the real interviewers.He must have made some positive comments about us to the man he handed our document to and who eventually interviewed us on same window 15.

The much dreaded woman on window 16 did not show up. Window 16 was closed. Thanks for the power of prayers.

The document collector left, closed the window.
After a while , a white man opened the same window and spent like 15 minutes going through our document before calling us.

NO SWEARING IN DONE.
CO FORGOT OR WAIVED IT.

CO : GOOD MORNING
WE : GOOD MORNING
CO : ARE YOU....? (ASKED MY NAME)
ME : YES
CO : TOOK WIFE'S FINGERPRINT AND MY OWN AFTERWARDS.
CO : (TO ME). YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SIT WHILE I CHAT WITH YOUR WIFE.
CO : KEPT CHECKING OUR DOCUMENT FOR SOME MINUTES
CO : PLS PICK THE PHONE SO WE DISCUSS PRIVATELY.
CO : WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT OCCUPATION?
WIFE : TEACHING
CO : HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING?
WIFE : ANSWERED
CO : CLASSROOM OR SUBJECT TEACHER?
CO : WHERE?
CO : WHAT CLASS?
WIFE : ANSWERED (SHE EXPLAINED IN GRADES SYSTEM BECAUSE HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND IT DESCRIBED AS PRY/BASIC 1,2,3 etc)
CO : CONTINUED TYPING ALL THE WHILE
CO : WANTED TO ASK ABOUT A PERIOD OF ABSENCE AT WORK BUT CHANGED HIS MIND. HE DID NOT COMPLETE THE QUESTION.
CO : YOU WORKED AS PUBLIC HEALTH CONSULTANT.
WIFE : YES
CO : PLS TELL ME ABOUT THAT.
CO : KEPT TYPING FOR A WHILE
CO : THAT SOUNDS A LOT
WIFE ; THEY WERE ALL DONE IN STAGES
CO : PAUSED AND TYPED FOR A WHILE
CO : TELL ME ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND
CO : CUT IN.... YOU BOTH SEEM VERY CLOSE
WIFE : YES.
CO : GOOD
WIFE : HE LIVES IN UK
CO : REALLY? CHECKED MY PASSPORT TO CONFIRM.
CO : THAT MEANS YOU LIVE IN UK AS WELL
WIFE : TOLD HIM SHE NEVER STAYED FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AT A TIME IN UK.
CO : LOOKING THROUGH WIFE'S PASSPORT FOR CONFIRMATION.
WIFE : OFFERED TO SHOW HIM OLD PASSPORT
CO : CONFIRMED AND RETURNED OLD PASSPORT
CO : KEPT ON TYPING FOR LONG.LIKE 5 MINUTES.
WIFE : KEPT ON LOOKING STRAIGHT AT HIS FACE
CO : EXCUSE ME. MOVED FROM VIEW FOR SOME SECONDS.
CO : CONTINUED TYPING.
CO : EVERYTHING SEEM TO BE IN GOOD ORDER.
CO : RETURNED ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. ASKED WIFE TO CHECK THEM ALL.
CO : HANDED WIFE A VISA COLLECTION DOCUMENT. EXPLAINED $165 TO BE PAID BEFORE LEAVING.
CO : WITH A BROAD SMILE. CONGRATULATIONS . WELCOME TO AMERICA

HE DID NOT QUESTION ME AS HUSBAND AT ALL.
HE SAW THE CHILDREN BUT DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTION ABOUT THEM.
HE DID NOT ASK FOR ANY DOCUMENT OR FAMILY ALBUM WE CARRIED ALONG.
MY WIFE PREPARED LIKE SHE WAS SITTING FOR A MAJOR EXAM, YET CAME ACROSS FEW QUESTIONS.
AS I SAT WATCHING THE INTERVIEW. I JUST KEPT THANKING GOD BECAUSE I KNEW HE HAD DONE IT FOR US.

FOR THOSE YET TO BE INTERVIEWED, PLS DO NOT UNDERRATE THE DOCUMENT COLLECTORS.
THEY ARE LIKE SPIES TO THE INTERVIEWERS.

ALSO ALL REMEMBER TO PUT GOD FIRST.

GLORY BE TO GOD.

I CAN'T BUT MENTION A FEW FORUMITES (ALL FORUNITES INDEED)WHOSE POSTING WERE IMMENSELY BENEFICIAL TO ME. LIKE

TEMMYTANNY, ADESOJIADREMI, GENTIGER, ADZOVIA,BRIGHTMON, BUSSYME, IBRACADABRA, Kemzone2003, Godhelpmeooo, obamaobama, rood boy, NEROXP, LERIPA, jejelady, @femo, SPOONDAR , I HATE 9JA,and so on.

YOU ARE TOO WONDERFUL.
I PRAY THAT ALL THE REMAINING DV2013 SELECTEE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM SHALL HAVE SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.
THANKING YOU ALL ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY FAMILY.
GOD BLESS.

Congratulations. Impressed. I'm happy for u and ur family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
kdgom66:

Amen. Pls house pray for me o. I really need to win DV2014 come this May 1st. Wish me luck guys. I wan go America too o.

You are bless ijn Amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hello forumites.....pls all my original documents are laminated,op dat won't cos any problem?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
ogbonlowob: Hello my people in d house, My sister is d principal applicant n winner of dv 2013 visa lottery. Her husband is d beneficiary. Pls. Their interview is next week Tuesday, but my sister has received her medical certificate, while the husband has not. The husband was told to come for a repeat blood test on Monday. The result came out yesterday n he was told result is positive for syphilis n that he needs to commence treatment of 3 injections( 1 yesterday, 1 next Tue, n 1 upper Tues). He has commenced treatment n was told his medical certificate wld b ready n given to him on the last day of the injection. Now, can my sister go alone for her interview next Tuesday or should she go with her husband without his medicals. The husband is not the principal applicant. Or is it automatic rescheduling; pls gurus respond quick quick: gentiger, temmy, adesoji, junkerhill, spoondar, ifeanyiabdul, neroxp, ogba1, God help me etc.
Firstly, no one is a guru here. I prefer e-brother to guru. Secondly, both can go for their interview. Since the husband is a beneficiary,going to the interview without him is detrimental. His medical condition will not prevent their visa being granted. Their visa could be granted without the husband's medical report but he must present it before the visa is given to them at gss.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
simayanki4real: Am so much greatful to God for all he has done in my life, since i benefitted from the testimonies of others...this is mine!

Got to the embassy at 6:20am and soon we were called for 7am appointment. We joined the queue and followed protocols till we got in, was give B419 tag. Paid my visa fee in dollars ($400 & was given my $70 change). Sat and waited for my number to be called so i gave my documents (one set of original and photocopy). Sat down again to await my number for the interview proper.

Where i sat, i watched as others were interviewed & about 4 people were denied & 1 on A.P... Before i left. Only two COs interviewed today @ windows 14 & 15, they were so nice and lovely. My number beeped on the screen by 12:30pm, & i stepped forward to the CO @ window 14...he is a young white chap. The interview went like this:

CO: Are you Mr ...?
Me: Yes i am
CO: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon sir
CO: How are you doing?
Me: Am fine & you?
CO: Am fine, Thanks...
Does the fingerprinting
Does the oath taking
Does the signing
CO: What is your highest level of education
Me: HND
CO: Discipline
Me: Industrial Safety Technology
CO: what school
Me: Petroleum Training Institute
CO: Where is the school?
Me: Effurun-Delta State
CO: How long did it take you to complete it
Me: ND-2yrs, IT-1yr, HND-2yrs...That's 5yrs in all
CO: Have you done your NYSC
Me: Yes
CO: Where
Me: Ogwashi-uku, delta state
CO: What did you do
Me: Teach
CO: What class
Me: SSS 1-3
CO: That's good, seems your documents are in order..so i will approve your visa. Goes ahead to explain pick up & payment of USCIS...

Thanks to all of you who contributed and keeps contributing to our success...@goldhelpmeooo, roodboy, pstadabi, adesojiaderemi, tycoon77, spoondar, nikkystel, odunemmanuel, anthofrie, mantiger, jidex001, gunners4u, femo & the rest...God will continue to bless you all.
To all those awaiting interviews, Go forth & collect your already approved visas...those awaiting 2NL, it shall land soonest. Thanks all...!!!

God is faithful.
Congratulations. Also nice info. When u said 4 people were denied, can u specify if those 4 guys came for immigration visa interview or the more popular non-immigration visa interview and do u know why they were denied? Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Phumbay:
Congratulations and Welcome to America!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Congratulations to you guys that got your visa approval today, I tap more from you guys and I know surely the God we serve will not fail us that are remaining.

I am in Lagos now and waiting on my interview which is by 7am tomorrow morning, I know you all have been praying for us all but please remember me in your prayers. I will be here to give testimony tomorrow no later than 10.30am God's grace to guide me and those being interviewed tomorrow, IJN.....AMEN
Best wishes my dear. The Lord's favour with you. Awaiting ur testimony tmao.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
the beneficiary can't go to USA without the principal applicant.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
It's stated clearly, the beneficiaries cannot go before the principal applicant.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
rood boy:

You are bless ijn Amen.

Thanks. May God bless you too. Your visa shall be granted and you shall be successful in all your endeavours(Amen).

@jidex001. Pls kindly ask your mum to pray for me. I really need to win DV2014 come May 1st. I need a miracle. Guys, you are the lucky ones, pls wish me luck and remember me in your prayers. Come May 1st I will be giving a testimony here(Amen).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
ajmiry: House,... Please respond also to questions asked by members, beside congratulating each other... Please.

I already asked this question and asking one time more please answer.

When will you receive the second NL, after visa numbers which are current in Advance or upcoming month? If there is any problem in my question please let me know.

Thanks you
[size=8pt][/size][size=12pt]
I think Junkerhill has answered ur question (read the thread very well please). 7 working days after u become current or the following month's bulletin date.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
@loveshowgirl1 Your interview shall be successful. Your visa has been granted already. Can't wait to read the good news tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.