Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921822 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Obatide:

How long does it take to get in ogun state pls?

I collected it in just one day after, I have done my affidavit in Federal High Court Abeokuta.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
edojariogba: Thanks for the info tycoon and Amedino1. i did my interview on tuesday and am collecting next week tuesday.

Means u ll get ur Visa @ d New Address
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
Amedino1:

U r right Boss
pls, any descriptn on how to get to d new addrress easily?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Husmern: pls, remove dt computer hardware cert unless u fill it in ur form and also replace dt of court declaration with NPC birth cert.....afta dt, u r good 2 go

hello Husmern thanks very much for the advices for the computer hw i fill it when i was sending my form, it is the present occupation that i am doing, i am working with one enterprise so what are my chance on questions that will be asked , i shall go for the NPC thanks very much, pls what are the related questions that i can be asked?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Husmern: pls, any descriptn on how to get to d new addrress easily?

Pls i do not like to lie, i dnt no d description pls.. But am sure wen u get to CMS or Obalende ask Conductor/ Driver dey ll direct you.. Or Call d number on ur pick up letter..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
24en:

hello Husmern thanks very much for the advices for the computer hw i fill it when i was sending my form, it is the present occupation that i am doing, i am working with one enterprise so what are my chance on questions that will be asked , i shall go for the NPC thanks very much, pls what are the related questions that i can be asked?
d questn wil base on ur current occupatn and ur highest level of educatn

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
Amedino1:

Pls i do not like to lie, i dnt no d description pls.. But am sure wen u get to CMS or Obalende ask Conductor/ Driver dey ll direct you.. Or Call d number on ur pick up letter..
kk..thanks...pls giv me d numba on d pick up leta...i'm not with mine..thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Husmern: d questn wil base on ur current occupatn and ur highest level of educatn

Husmern thanks very much for the quick and nice response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
Does dat av gone for interview, kindly tell me d no of copies of my document will i make? Also can someone follow one down just to accompany me. Is it advisable?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
24en:

Husmern thanks very much for the quick and nice response
. 24en, wen is ur interview comin up
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
genlion: . 24en, wen is ur interview comin up

second week of July
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
genlion: Does dat av gone for interview, kindly tell me d no of copies of my document will i make? Also can someone follow one down just to accompany me. Is it advisable?
1 copy each is ok but 2 copy each is advisable just for urs 2..but dnt make any mistake of placing any of d copy in front of u while ur interview is going on..all is well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
genlion: Does dat av gone for interview, kindly tell me d no of copies of my document will i make? Also can someone follow one down just to accompany me. Is it advisable?
u need jst one photocopy per doc, though u can make 2 if u wish.
Yes, someone can accompany u there bt he/she/they is/are going to remain outside d building.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
they only need one photocopy of your credentials and it is advisable to go alone unless the person will wait for you in the car or somwhere outside
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kenny3: 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
@remkay2012, thank u very much for the response to my que. I am from Ijebu ode local govt, my both parents are late long time ago, I have d age declaration done by my late eldest bro and also the one I did myself when I was of age (both were done in Lagos). Can't I get it from oshodi local govt that is d local govt close to our house in Lagos? Since I have been living in Lagos for year now...thanks n congrats for your visa....if u don't mind give me ur email address or ur phone no pls....my Kenny is a lady pls. God bls u n rgds.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
Husmern: very very successful

Congrats! You no come tell us your chat with CO? Those agents still dey ur neck?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Also,wat about the police cert, can we also make photocopy of the finger print paper?do i need to take it along wt me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
kenny3: @remkay2012, thank u very much for the response to my que. I am from Ijebu ode local govt, my both parents are late long time ago, I have d age declaration done by my late eldest bro and also the one I did myself when I was of age (both were done in Lagos). Can't I get it from oshodi local govt that is d local govt close to our house in Lagos? Since I have been living in Lagos for year now...thanks n congrats for your visa....if u don't mind give me ur email address or ur phone no pls....my Kenny is a lady pls. God bls u n rgds.
I already give you the NPC address in Lagos. Go there with the afidavit you have with you. If they don't want it, they will tell you and give you the format they want.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
genlion: Also,wat about the police cert, can we also make photocopy of the finger print paper?do i need to take it along wt me

U dnt need Photocopy of Police Report

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edojariogba: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
@kenny3 are you on whatsapp?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Husmern: kk..thanks...pls giv me d numba on d pick up leta...i'm not with mine..thanks

But I don't knw where u accually reside n lagos buh wen u get 2 cms enter bus goin 2 bar-beach eko-hotel nd stop @ the last bustop rounderbout nd ask anybody u c becuse the str is very close 2 were u drop ok?

@ 24en: which date nd wat time is ur intview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hello evryone.pls am asking these question again,pls I need a reply urgently.How many days does it take to process a new born baby visa.pls I will like to know cos I will be putting to bed anytime and my interview wl be coming up 3rd week in july.thanks in anticipation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hello evryone.pls am asking these question again,pls I need a reply urgently.How many days does it take to process a new born baby visa.pls I will like to know cos I will be putting to bed anytime and my interview wl be coming up 3rd week in july.thanks in anticipation.

One thing at a time,sweetheart! After your delivery, come back with the question.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
ferdimako:

Congrats! You no come tell us your chat with CO? Those agents still dey ur neck?
...i dn upload my interview experience since nah....dem still dey oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2013
Any one goin for interview on 3rd of july? Kindly let me no
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
junkerhill: With heart full of joy. I thank the Almighty God for His favour. It couldn't have been no other person but Him. May His name be praised.
My interview was successful. I got to the embassy 4:18am, waited till 6:20 before we queue according to the type of visa and appointment time. After the security checks, we were ushered into interview hall, paid $330, tendered my credentials and waited close to 2 hours for my turn. People with kids were first attended to before adults. My interview was short and simple. I was interviewed by the handsome young guy on window 15. He was nice to me and asked me questions relating to my about my education. Below is my conversation with him:

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir (with a smile)
CO: I will like to take your finger print
Me: finger print capture.
I raised my right hand and oath was administered.

CO: details of your education with date
Me: bbbbbbbbbbb
CO: Have you ever been married?
CO: any kid?
Me: No
CO: Congratulations.

He gave me two white papers, indicating where to pick up my visa and how to pay the $165.
That's is it o. Na so I just happy comot for the embassy.
I want to thank all who has help me one way or another on this forum people like:
Roodboy, chio, scamfieil, Nero xp, Nkstell, chirpywest, Anyi abdul, Brightmon, phumbay, Femo, Gunners, Godhelpmeoooo, genlion, Leripa, Jide0x, Jasper, Fedimako, Monsieur,Gentiger
Kunlexymoore, Amedino, Adzovia, Tycoon77, Sosodp, Papatae, Usef83, Spoondar, Jmohd, 0261X, Mantiger, Tovalli, Opoki, Anelka, Ogba1, Imcool, Seal777, Misannie, Yumash00, Remkay2012, Daddykelly, Loconzoo, Tolubillion, Ojisalara, Temmytanny, Adesojiaderemi, Jidedon, Bussyme, ibracadbra, femsoj and many others I couldn't remember. May god bless you all and fulfill your heart desires. Amen.
Congratulations my brother. Kind of know u'll make it cos you put it all in God's hands. I'm so happy for you. Go live ur American dream!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 2:08am On Jun 30, 2013
seal777: [b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).
Please i have just arrived Texas too. Kindly help me with their office address so that I can follow up on my GReen card and SSCN. Thanks.

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2013
@Genlion,my interview is scheduled 3rd week in july nd as for my earlier questn abt how long it takes for a new born babys visa to be processd,someone told me that it takes 3months it 2b process and considerin dt dv 2013 closes by septembr.wanna knw so I can plan ahead.thanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kenny3: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2013
@remkay2012, thank u so much. @edojariogba, I am not on whatsapp but my no is 08120801245, tnx n God bls u all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kenny3: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2013
@yusmash00, tnx a gazillion for d NPC address given, just seeing it now, I shall be dir tomorrow by God's grace...I appreciate. God bless u all in Jesus Name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2013
Obatide: Thanking everybody for your contributions thus far, pls help to discuss these issues:
1. Can applicant pay the $330 in Dollar instead of naira equivalence?
2. Which sector or carrer is one likely to get a boom (or in high demand) in d US just like OIL INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA
3. If one is interested in IT sector, what are the likely foundations that can be built here in Nigeria b4 migration.

Best regards.

Pls help discuss these issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.