Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921879 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2013
genlion: Pls can someone tell us the step by step approach of paying the USCIS fee without confusion. And how much is the 165 dollars in naira. We await ur response pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 10:18am On Jul 08, 2013
genlion: From obalende how can one get to muri okunola. Also wat shld one take along to pick up one visa.aside of the passport wat other package will one be given?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 10:35am On Jul 08, 2013
morning house, wen is it likely for me to go for interveiw
000091**
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
dutmond: Hello great house, I have come back to share my interview experience at US embassy on 21st June.

After winning the lottery last May 1st, I did court wedding/engagement with my (then) Fiancee in the month of Sept. I called KCC and was advised to add my wife to my case which I did by re-sending updated forms. I prepared very well for the interview, I even wrote/passed microsoft exam a day before the interview and result was presented on interview day.

Note that my wife was 9month pregnant as at day of interview and we were called to windows 16.

Interview goes thus;

CO: good morning
We: good morning sir
CO: do u swear to say the truth
We: yes sir (while right hand raised)
We were then intructed to do finger prints which we did.
CO: wife please have your seat while I attend to your husband first
We: ok
CO: what's your highest qualification
Me: Higher National Diploma
CO: field of study?
Me: Elect/elect engineering
CO: how did you meet your wife
Me: I explained
CO: was your traditional wedding the major wedding
Me: yes and we did Civil wedding too
CO: okay, show me your wedding pictures
Me: (while showing him, I told him names of the people inside the pictures)
CO: who is this standing with you wife?
Me: that's my wife's kid sister
CO: how old is she?
Me: 26yrs or so
CO: I can see your wife is pregnant, how old pregnant?
Me: she is in her 9th month
CO: really! (with surprise)
Me: yes

Without inviting my wife for questioning, he just brought out two white sheets and circled one address and told me to pick up our visas the following friday.

CO: any question?
Me: pls what is the latest time/date my wife/baby can join me in the US.
CO: (while checking the calender,) first week of november, you know your medicals should not expire before traveling.
Me: that's true...thanks and God bless you.

While leaving the embaSsy that day, some workers there were saying "congrats Oº°˚˚°º , make u celebrate for us na, abi u no no say na US citizen ur wife go born"...I still don't understand wot they mean.

To cut the story short, I now have our visas. And my wife gave birth 4 days after our interview.

I then emailed the embassy to inform them of recent development, we were advised to return to the embassy with the baby's passport, birth cert, immunization cert and $165.

Guys, na so God take bless me in the month of June Oº°˚˚°º ...I am to travel 1st to US by month end, and wife/baby to join me as soon as I am feasibly settled (b4 november sha)...Cincinnati Loading...

I give thanks to God...and pray that all you guys awaiting your interview, you shall return to give your success experience IJN...

God bless nairaland
Congratulations on ur double blessing, I pray that ur joy will never cease or diminish IJMN amen. Go n fulfill destiny bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
dutmond: Hello great house, I have come back to share my interview experience at US embassy on 21st June.

After winning the lottery last May 1st, I did court wedding/engagement with my (then) Fiancee in the month of Sept. I called KCC and was advised to add my wife to my case which I did by re-sending updated forms. I prepared very well for the interview, I even wrote/passed microsoft exam a day before the interview and result was presented on interview day.

Note that my wife was 9month pregnant as at day of interview and we were called to windows 16.

Interview goes thus;

Without inviting my wife for questioning, he just brought out two white sheets and circled one address and told me to pick up our visas the following friday.

CO: (while checking the calender,) first week of november, you know your medicals should not expire before traveling.

While leaving the embaSsy that day, some workers there were saying "congrats Oº°˚˚°º , make u celebrate for us na, abi u no no say na US citizen ur wife go born"...I still don't understand wot they mean.

To cut the story short, I now have our visas. And my wife gave birth 4 days after our interview.

I then emailed the embassy to inform them of recent development, we were advised to return to the embassy with the baby's passport, birth cert, immunization cert and $165.

Guys, na so God take bless me in the month of June Oº°˚˚°º ...I am to travel 1st to US by month end, and wife/baby to join me as soon as I am feasibly settled (b4 november sha)...Cincinnati Loading...

I give thanks to God...and pray that all you guys awaiting your interview, you shall return to give your success experience IJN...

God bless nairaland

Congrats bro! Double blessing oh, GOD is faithful!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
@dotmund: Congratulations to your family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
[quote author=genlion][/quote]
wen u get 2 obalende enter bus goin 2 bar-beach, eko-hotel nd stop @ eko hotel, the last bustop (rounderbout) nd take maruwa to muri okunola street and then locate plot 230(DHL office lyk dis)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
Husmern:
wen u get 2 obalende enter bus goin 2 bar-beach, eko-hotel nd stop @ eko hotel, the last bustop (rounderbout) nd take maruwa to muri okunola street and then locate plot 230(DHL office lyk dis)
. Tank you my man. So wat r we goin wt to pick upp the visa? Also wAt other tin will be given as well?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
issued meaning u can go an get ur visa...[/quote]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
genlion: . Tank you my man. So wat r we goin wt to pick upp the visa? Also wAt other tin will be given as well?
just go wit d photocopy of any of ur I.D card n ur leta sha
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Eboh06: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
[quote
author=dutmond]Hello great house, I have come back to share my interview
experience at US embassy on 21st June.

After winning the lottery last May 1st, I did court wedding/engagement
with my (then) Fiancee in the month of Sept. I called KCC and was
advised to add my wife to my case which I did by re-sending updated
forms. I prepared very well for the interview, I even wrote/passed
microsoft exam a day before the interview and result was presented on
interview day.

Note that my wife was 9month pregnant as at day of interview and we were
called to windows 16.

Interview goes thus;

Me: (while showing him, I told him names of the people inside the
pictures)

Without inviting my wife for questioning, he just brought out two white
sheets and circled one address and told me to pick up our visas the
following friday.

CO: (while checking the calender,) first week of november, you know your
medicals should not expire before traveling.

While leaving the embaSsy that day, some workers there were saying
"congrats Oº°˚˚°º , make u celebrate for us na, abi u no no say na US
citizen ur wife go born"...I still don't understand wot they mean.

To cut the story short, I now have our visas. And my wife gave birth 4
days after our interview.

I then emailed the embassy to inform them of recent development, we were
advised to return to the embassy with the baby's passport, birth cert,
immunization cert and $165.

Guys, na so God take bless me in the month of June Oº°˚˚°º ...I am to
travel 1st to US by month end, and wife/baby to join me as soon as I am
feasibly settled (b4 november sha)...Cincinnati Loading...

I give thanks to God...and pray that all you guys awaiting your
interview, you shall return to give your success experience IJN...

God bless nairaland[/quote] This is double portiön! Congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:17am On Jul 09, 2013

Interview goes thus;

God bless nairaland

The best interview ever, I am happy for you bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=mike udoka]
Please has anyone in this house face this issue before? I will appreciate your ideas please[/q

You don't need to worry, once the embassy reschedule your interview, it has been on record and you will be interview on the new date. Due to the Independence day (4th of July) holiday some interview were rescheduled.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by haryour1: 1:29am On Jul 09, 2013
Just ready for d new date[quote author=adesojiaderemi@][/quote]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2013
Hello House...pls I want to know what documents re require frm my husband,I am the principal applicant and he is the beneficiary,how many fotocopies to be tken along, I will be greatful with a. Quick response.thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Please has anyone successfully paid the uscis green card processing fee from Nigeria. I need the guidelines pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by haryour1: 10:22am On Jul 09, 2013
Take as many pic as u can to proof to em that u guys are married. D document needed are his date of birth etc
Tobi henryo: Hello House...pls I want to know what documents re require frm my husband,I am the principal applicant and he is the beneficiary,how many fotocopies to be tken along, I will be greatful with a. Quick response.thank you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2013
Tobi henryo: Hello House...pls I want to know what documents re require frm my husband,I am the principal applicant and he is the beneficiary,how many fotocopies to be tken along, I will be greatful with a. Quick response.thank you

Husband only need is birth cert, police report, medical result, international passport, picture passport....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2013

Interview goes thus;

God bless nairaland

Congratulation dutmond! I have the same issue like yours and our visa has been approved yesterday and for my new baby. Please when you are taken your baby for her visa, you should fill the ds230 form and 4 2x2 passport photographs for your baby.

The payment for your baby is not $165 immigartion fee, is payment for visa fee for your baby $330. You should make sure you have all required necessary document for your baby for the interview.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
First, I would like to appreciate almighty God for His mercy and favour upon my family during our interview on 11th of June. I also appreciate my good friend Gentiger for his personal support and my big friend Temmytanny and all members of this forum. Infact, you guys are doing great.

We arrived U.S embassy around 5:45a.m on that very day. Then my wife was 9month old pregnant. After normal security inspection we moved in into the interview hall where we are the second candidate to be attended to. We submitted our necessary documents such as 1. Original Certificate of my wife as main applicant. 2.Our wedding Certificate, 3. All our international passports 4. 3 copies of our 2x2 passport photographs. 5 NPC attestation(Abeokuta) for me and my wife and NPC birth certificate for our baby. 5 Police report for me and my wife 6. Medical report for the entire family (3 in number).

We are called to window 14 by around 8:30a.m. Our interview was brief and short as stated below:

Co: Good Morning
Me and my wife: Good morning Sir, how was night?
Co: Fine thank you with smile.
Me: I raise my daughter up and asked her to say HI to the Co.
My daughter: Hi
Co: Hi with excitement.
Co: He showed us all our forms that we sent to kcc for confirmation.
We: yes
Co: He asked us to do finger print and normal oath that what is in the forms are very correct.
We: Yes
Co: Who is the main applicant
We: My wife
Co: Highest Education
My wife: S.S.C.E
Co: Year
My wife: 19... but I submitted GCE of 19....
Co: Do you have you school cert with you
My wife: She presented it with just only 2 credits (He collected it and return it back).
Co: I can see that you are pregnant
My wife: Yes
Co: When is the due time.
My told him: Next week.
Co: I will return all your passport to you and your original document and return immediately you deliver your baby for your visas.
We: No, We want you to issue for 3 of us first and later we will bring our baby for her visa.
Co: He said we should not worried that he will issue for the entire family when we return. (He returned all our documents as he stated).
We: Okay.
Co: He gave a white paper stating that we should return any day from Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m with the following document 1. International Passport for the entire family, 2. Birth certificate for the new baby, 3. Medical report for the new baby and 4. payment for the baby.

Glory be to God almighty, we had our baby the following week of our interview. After the naming ceremony,we quickly get the necessary documents for the baby including the international passport.

On Monday 8th July we returned back to the embassy. We submitted all required documents for the baby and international passports for the entire family.

Co: Welcome back and congratulations for the new born baby(Window 14)
We: Thank you.
Co: Is the the form for your new baby.
Co: Somebody should sign for your baby.
I: I did.
Co: I can see you baby was born on .......
Co: Congratulation to the entire family.

He circle the address for collection of our visa and any form for payment of immigration fee. That is all about the interview.

We had interview together with Jinny123 and mata1ng the same day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
hello a big congratulations to your entire family, i thought the required photo is 5 by 5.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Congrats Mr. Remkay.
Double Portion Testimony (DPT).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temitopeolojede(f): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
remkay2012: First, I would like to appreciate almighty God for His mercy and favour upon my family during our interview on 11th of June. I also appreciate my good friend Gentiger for his personal support and my big friend Temmytanny and all members of this forum. Infact, you guys are doing great.

We arrived U.S embassy around 5:45a.m on that very day. Then my wife was 9month old pregnant. After normal security inspection we moved in into the interview hall where we are the second candidate to be attended to. We submitted our necessary documents such as 1. Original Certificate of my wife as main applicant. 2.Our wedding Certificate, 3. All our international passports 4. 3 copies of our 2x2 passport photographs. 5 NPC attestation(Abeokuta) for me and my wife and NPC birth certificate for our baby. 5 Police report for me and my wife 6. Medical report for the entire family (3 in number).

We are called to window 14 by around 8:30a.m. Our interview was brief and short as stated below:

Co: He asked us to do finger print and normal oath that what is in the forms are very correct.
My wife: She presented it with just only 2 credits (He collected it and return it back).
Co: I will return all your passport to you and your original document and return immediately you deliver your baby for your visas.
We: No, We want you to issue for 3 of us first and later we will bring our baby for her visa.
Co: He said we should not worried that he will issue for the entire family when we return. (He returned all our documents as he stated).
Co: He gave a white paper stating that we should return any day from Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m with the following document 1. International Passport for the entire family, 2. Birth certificate for the new baby, 3. Medical report for the new baby and 4. payment for the baby.

Glory be to God almighty, we had our baby the following week of our interview. After the naming ceremony,we quickly get the necessary documents for the baby including the international passport.

On Monday 8th July we returned back to the embassy. We submitted all required documents for the baby and international passports for the entire family.

He circle the address for collection of our visa and any form for payment of immigration fee. That is all about the interview.

Congrats brov,dat is double portion ˚˚˚°ºH Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣u̶̲̥̅̊ re stepping to ur nxt levels.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justgod(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Congrats bro...!

Interview goes thus;

God bless nairaland
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dutmond: 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
@remkay2012...congrats...if you go through my post again, you will find out that our cases are different...my wife and I already have Visas....our baby is yet to have..as I just applied for my baby's passport today...I sent mail to the embassy and their response is for me to return with int. passports, visa packages, child's birth cert, immunization cert,3 passport photo for the kid and transportation letter fee of $165. Nothing like $330 as you said earlier.....congrats once again
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
remkay2012: First, I would like to appreciate almighty God for His mercy and favour upon my family during our interview on 11th of June. I also appreciate my good friend Gentiger for his personal support and my big friend Temmytanny and all members of this forum. Infact, you guys are doing great.

Congratulation to ur family...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:35am On Jul 10, 2013

Congratulations to your family. I'm happy for you and key into your success and testimony
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2013
dutmond: @remkay2012...congrats...if you go through my post again, you will find out that our cases are different...my wife and I already have Visas....our baby is yet to have..as I just applied for my baby's passport today...I sent mail to the embassy and their response is for me to return with int. passports, visa packages, child's birth cert, immunization cert,3 passport photo for the kid and transportation letter fee of $165. Nothing like $330 as you said earlier.....congrats once again

Bros u ll still pay $330 ƒσя ur Baby,(Visa fee) expect u av paid ƒσя ur Baby bfr(first Interviewed) but am not sure dat is possible.. D $165 is ƒσя GC may be u get d CO wrong... Pls wen u r going for new baby visa KEEP $330 to be on safe side.. Congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2013
dutmond: @remkay2012...congrats...if you go through my post again, you will find out that our cases are different...my wife and I already have Visas....our baby is yet to have..as I just applied for my baby's passport today...I sent mail to the embassy and their response is for me to return with int. passports, visa packages, child's birth cert, immunization cert,3 passport photo for the kid and transportation letter fee of $165. Nothing like $330 as you said earlier.....congrats once again

@ dutmond....Thank you so much for your congratulatory message. Please, I will advise you to go with $330 visa fee for your baby and try to fill DS230 form for her with 3 passport photograph to be on safer side. I am saying this, because we have passed through this situation. Our cases are similar, the only different is that you and your wife visa was approved that very day while our own also was approved but the CO asked us to come back for our visa issuance with our baby's passport.

I wish you good luck and congratulations.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2013
Hello house........... pls aw does d Birth cert looks like pls
cos d one i did in my LG is a white paper, nd in a landscape shape.

Anyone dat has done his/her own can just post it so dat i can veiw it

Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
remkay2012:

@ dutmond....Thank you so much for your congratulatory message. Please, I will advise you to go with $330 visa fee for your baby and try to fill DS230 form for her with 3 passport photograph to be on safer side. I am saying this, because we have passed through this situation. Our cases are similar, the only different is that you and your wife visa was approved that very day while our own also was approved but the CO asked us to come back for our visa issuance with our baby's passport.

I wish you good luck and congratulations.

Congrats on your double blessing remkay. Meanwhile, butland is correct because I had similar case with his. Our visa was issued before we had our baby. The CO also told us then to go with our passport and come back after the baby is born but we insisted he should issue our visa first and then come back for the baby's own when he is born and he obliged. After we had the baby I sent mails to the embassy and they told us exacttly what butland said. I sent another to confirm if we would be paying for the baby visa, they said no. Because the baby will not be issued a separate visa but his passport will be joined with that of the mother. They said our case was closed as soon as our visa was issued. We will only pay for the baby's greencard processing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.